tfong

vCash: 500
Sarich's replacement.

tfong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2011, 12:26 PM
haQ Loob

He's got to be SOMEbody's replacement on a one-way if any of our AHLers (such as Brodie) will get a chance.

haQ Loob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2011, 01:06 PM
The Gnome

From what I've seen of him he has looked like a decent bottom pairing guy. Needs to be more agressive on the puck in his own end, but good skater and has decent hands for the first pass out. The signing gets my vote of approval. Cheap, young, and probably has some upside left.

The Gnome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2011, 01:22 PM
Xelstyle

Good singing. Was looking forward to seeing back for a full season. I wouldn't complain if he got a little meaner though.

Xelstyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2011, 01:30 PM
WhereIsIt
#gift

vCash: 50
Anyone thinking they might not resign Pardy now? I really like Pardy, but he's constantly injured, and Carson is cheaper.

Personally though, I'd like to have both if the price is right.

WhereIsIt is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2011, 01:55 PM
MVW

This is great and all...but get Tanguay signed already dammit! We cannot afford to lose him at all and July 1st is suddenly fast approaching. I'm happy about Carson, its a good depth move but I will be really excited when I see "Confirmed with link: Flames resign Tanguay

MVW is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2011, 03:20 PM
InfinityIggy
Inflammatory Poster

vCash: 133
Good signing. I really liked Carson with the flames at the end of the season.

InfinityIggy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2011, 04:52 PM
Backlund

Great signing but we NEED to get Tanguay re-signed.

Backlund is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2011, 05:33 PM
BenThatcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by MVW View Post
This is great and all...but get Tanguay signed already dammit! We cannot afford to lose him at all and July 1st is suddenly fast approaching. I'm happy about Carson, its a good depth move but I will be really excited when I see "Confirmed with link: Flames resign Tanguay
I've told you before, Tanguay will not sign until July 1 at the earliest. Tag room issues.

BenThatcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2011, 05:55 PM
King Of The North
Iggy2014GoBruins

I'm guessing one of Babchuck/Sarich is gone.

I'm curious as to what D will be used on our powerplay. I think Sutter will go with the usual Gio-Tangs but say Babchuck is not back, I don't think Regehr will/should be used regularly on the 2nd pairing.

King Of The North is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2011, 08:01 PM
Steven

I like this. I think I enjoyed Carson more than most. He seemed to have tremendous strength along the boards (helps when you're his size). If he can add a bit more aggression into his game he could be a really solid number 5 guy, maybe even more.

Steven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2011, 08:13 PM
GaryTheGreatRoberts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tfong View Post
Sarich's replacement.
I'd like to think Pardy gets that position IF healthy, i liked Carson when he palyed for hitmen and the couple games he did get.

and i wouldnt mind seeing Babchuk back ether

GaryTheGreatRoberts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2011, 09:19 PM
AfricanHerbsman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kotalik Fanboy View Post
Anyone thinking they might not resign Pardy now? I really like Pardy, but he's constantly injured, and Carson is cheaper.

Personally though, I'd like to have both if the price is right.
personally i think adam pardy is a waste of oxygen. way rather have carson cheap healthy and not a complete duster.

AfricanHerbsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2011, 09:21 PM
AfricanHerbsman

Quote:
Totally agree get him signed so we can all relax alil

Old
06-09-2011, 09:22 PM
AfricanHerbsman

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenThatcher View Post
I've told you before, Tanguay will not sign until July 1 at the earliest. Tag room issues.
what does tag issues mean if you dont mind explaining? i figureed maybe something around having to many contacts?

Old
06-09-2011, 09:27 PM
MVW

I heard Feaster on the Fan the day of when Erixon (Judas) was traded to the Rangers. After he was done talking about Erixon, Kerr asked him about some of the FA's, Feaster was mostly commenting on Tangs and Karlsson. Kerr asked him why Babchuk was not mentioned and if that ship has sailed, Feaster responded by saying basically once his "priorities" get locked up, then they will see if there is any room left then they will attempt to make Babs an offer. It didn't sound to promising, I don't think he will be back. Which is to bad, he was a huge part of the reason our PP turned around the way it did. Hopefully Gio continues to develop more and someone else can step up. I think Brodie the season after next will be a big asset on our PP.

Old
06-09-2011, 10:11 PM
StreakingRed
**Rebuild Ahead**

Glad to hear Carson was re-signed. No complaints on this deal.

StreakingRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2011, 10:28 PM
FlamesFan6612
#timerixonwho?

Quote:
I heard Feaster on the Fan the day of when Erixon (Judas) was traded to the Rangers. After he was done talking about Erixon, Kerr asked him about some of the FA's, Feaster was mostly commenting on Tangs and Karlsson. Kerr asked him why Babchuk was not mentioned and if that ship has sailed, Feaster responded by saying basically once his "priorities" get locked up, then they will see if there is any room left then they will attempt to make Babs an offer. It didn't sound to promising, I don't think he will be back. Which is to bad, he was a huge part of the reason our PP turned around the way it did. Hopefully Gio continues to develop more and someone else can step up. I think Brodie the season after next will be a big asset on our PP.
I heard that too. Im fine with letting him go if it means Tanguay is back and Brodie gets a chance. Will hurt our PP but will be better in the long run.

FlamesFan6612 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2011, 10:47 PM
HighLifeMan
HFB Partner

vCash: 152
Quote:
Putting Tanguay on the point with Giordano was the sole reason our PP turned around, Babchuk was a decent addition as he proved to bolster our second PP unit, but he is certainly replaceable by Brodie.

HighLifeMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2011, 12:44 AM
MVW

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighLifeMan View Post
Putting Tanguay on the point with Giordano was the sole reason our PP turned around, Babchuk was a decent addition as he proved to bolster our second PP unit, but he is certainly replaceable by Brodie.
I partially agree with you in that Tangs and Gio were huge reasons for our turn around on the PP. However, the addition of Babs gave us an element that we did not have since trading Phaneuf, which was a booming shot from the point. With having that element it makes other teams respect that presence. Every one knows how hard Babs can shoot the puck, and he was quite successful with getting goals since the Flames aquired him. His presence alone opened alot of other oppertunities for us down low. I totally agree in having someone like Brodie would be a benefit to our PP, but Brodie does not yet have any where near the shot Babchuk does. If Feaster cannot resign him, I think it would be something to consider to try and replace that presence some where down the road.

Old
06-10-2011, 12:57 AM
Deen

I would much rather have Babchuk over Brodie..

Deen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2011, 12:57 AM
Xelstyle

Quote:
I partially agree with you in that Tangs and Gio were huge reasons for our turn around on the PP. However, the addition of Babs gave us an element that we did not have since trading Phaneuf, which was a booming shot from the point. With having that element it makes other teams respect that presence. Every one knows how hard Babs can shoot the puck, and he was quite successful with getting goals since the Flames aquired him. His presence alone opened alot of other oppertunities for us down low. I totally agree in having someone like Brodie would be a benefit to our PP, but Brodie does not yet have any where near the shot Babchuk does. If Feaster cannot resign him, I think it would be something to consider to try and replace that presence some where down the road.
It was more than just that as his shot was actually quite accurate. Scary combination when it's a 6'5" man winding up to blast it.

I'd actually like to see Tanguay take some shots as well on net. I actually think he could really let it go, but it might be hard to consider with his passing abilities being first most.

Xelstyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2011, 01:06 AM
goodsauce

Possibly to move Sarich and one of our 2nds to acquire another first?

goodsauce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2011, 01:13 AM
Flames Fanatic
Truculent Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by artysmith View Post
Possibly to move Sarich and one of our 2nds to acquire another first?
You look at defensemen similar to Sarich (Sutton, etc.) that have been moved for 2nd's at the deadline. I think we should be able to get a second and maybe a late round pick for Sarich. So two seconds and a late round pick to move up to the first round might be doable.

Flames Fanatic is offline   Reply With Quote