HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Cody Hodgson

Old
02-01-2011, 01:22 PM
noBSleafsFAN

vCash: 500
Cody Hodgson

I think Hodgson is valued like Kadri. I don't know if they'd give him up, but what would it take?

Hodgson

for

MacArthur+?
Beauchemin+?
Komisarek?

noBSleafsFAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2011, 01:25 PM
Malfaisant

Here we go again.

In before Luke Schenn

Malfaisant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2011, 01:28 PM
Cogburn

Quote:
Originally Posted by noBSleafsFAN View Post
I think Hodgson is valued like Kadri. I don't know if they'd give him up, but what would it take?

Hodgson

for

MacArthur+?
Beauchemin+?
Komisarek?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malfaisant View Post
Here we go again.

In before Luke Schenn
Why's this thread running? Everything mentioned, +++. The Leafs don't have what we want I'm afraid.

Cogburn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2011, 01:29 PM
Tim Vezina Thomas
Dougie Time

The best one is gonna be a nucks fan saying Kadri+.

Then a Leafs fan saying Aulie and a 4th.

Then a major flamewar.

Tim Vezina Thomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2011, 01:44 PM
Winroba
Keep Calm, Kassi On

Hodgson isn't getting traded, cups are won by amazing depth on D and at center.

So far we've got Sedin, Kesler, Malhotra & Hodgson

and Edler, Erhoff, Hamhuis, Bieksa, Ballard & Salo

Gillis isn't going to start making changes now.

Winroba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2011, 01:47 PM
Hi-wayman

Sorry, but unless we can find a better 4th line centre, the Canucks will not trade Hodgson. Besides isn't Burke still involved with the Leafs? Gillis and the Canuck owners don't like Burke.

Hi-wayman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2011, 02:02 PM
blankall

Quote:

Hodgson

for

MacArthur+?
Beauchemin+?
Komisarek?
Would you really give up MacArthur+ for Hodgson? MacArthur IMO is the best case scenario of what Hodgson becomes if he develops properly. If I'm the Leafs I hang onto MacArthur at all costs.

blankall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2011, 02:31 PM
R0bert0 Lu0ng0

Quote:
Originally Posted by blankall View Post
Would you really give up MacArthur+ for Hodgson?
This sums up why this thread should be left to die, not because I agree with the poster but because it illustrates the incompatibility between these two teams when it comes to trading key prospects.

Vancouver would have to get an impact player back to make it worthwhile, and Toronto has so few (no offense) that the guys contributing on their roster seem indispensable.

On top of it all the Canucks have very little cap space so any trade they make for an immediate return - if they are even interested in this, and Mike Gillis has indicated otherwise at every opportunity - has to net a player with a bargain salary (ie. no Versteeg, Beauchemin, etc).

Even ignoring the bad blood between the two franchises, there is just no reason to believe these two teams are in a position to make a deal involving Hodgson.

R0bert0 Lu0ng0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2011, 02:48 PM
JerkChicken

vCash: 50
Quote:
Would you really give up MacArthur+ for Hodgson? MacArthur IMO is the best case scenario of what Hodgson becomes if he develops properly. If I'm the Leafs I hang onto MacArthur at all costs.
I think a lot of people (myself included) have his ceiling much higher than Clarke MacArthur version 2.0.

As for the original post - The ONLY way Hodgson gets moved is for a top-end defensve prospect imo. Even then, I doubt Gillis is looking to ship him anywhere.

JerkChicken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2011, 03:09 PM
Whitebear

I think if Vancouver will move Hodgson it will be with another prospect for a really high end player or straight across for a top 6 winger on a team that has financial issues

Clark MacArthur would be OK but I would perfer Hodgson for Andrew Ladd.

5 years down the road I would probably regret the trade unless it means a cup in that time frame

Whitebear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2011, 03:24 PM
blankall

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerkChicken View Post
I think a lot of people (myself included) have his ceiling much higher than Clarke MacArthur version 2.0.

Hodgson has had some pretty major setbacks in his development. I think people are understimating how rare a player who puts up 40 points in under 50 games is in the NHL.

Obviously there is a chance that Hodgson reaches those numbers, but it's anything from a guarnatee.

blankall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2011, 03:28 PM
Christina

Quote:

Hodgson

for

MacArthur+?
Beauchemin+?
Komisarek?
Imo Hodgson is not avaiable unless the player coming over is so good that it would be hard to say no to.
The above mentioned players is a no go to start with, even with the +, as we are already at the salary cap and that would mean letting a valuable asset go from the starting lineup.
The only needs for Vancouver imo is a 4th line center with playoff experience. We are fine on the D at the moment(check back in a few weeks though).
The Canucks were bare just a little while ago with prospects that could make it to the NHL in the future. M. Gillis has done something about that and doubt very much that he wants to undo all that for something we don't really need or can't afford(salary cap).
To be honest, I really doubt that these two teams make for good trading partners.

Christina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2011, 03:30 PM
Leafs87
Mr. Steal Your Job

Future Kyle Turris

Really hasn't showed much since his last good year in the OHL

16 points in 28 AHL games?????

I'm not doubting that he can turn it around and a change of scenario might help, but for what Nucks fans want for him its not worth it for us

Leafs87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2011, 03:30 PM
SomeoneGreat

Oh my god. This thread again?

We've been over this many times. Our teams make for TERRIBLE trading partners. Add that on with the fact that the management of both teams aren't too fond of each other, and you get yourself a pointless thread.

SomeoneGreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2011, 03:51 PM
Boondock

Quote:
Hodgson has had some pretty major setbacks in his development. I think people are understimating how rare a player who puts up 40 points in under 50 games is in the NHL.

Obviously there is a chance that Hodgson reaches those numbers, but it's anything from a guarnatee.
Mac is having a breakout year so his value is high right now, but in his previous 208 NHL games he has averaged 35 points per 82 games, and 35 point wingers are a dime a dozen. The Canucks have plenty of 35-40 point wingers, Mac isn't enough of an upgrade (if any) on Burrows, Raymond, or Samuelsson to justify moving Hodgson to get him.

Hodgson has had some injury set backs, but he also is the same player who dominated the WJC, and the OHL (very similar numbers to Duchene). The Canucks would be stupid to move him before they know what he can do at the NHL level. Hodgson's upside make his value to the Canucks much more then MacArthur.

Boondock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2011, 03:59 PM
Skyver

Okay, let's try this out. What does vancouver need? Nothing! They're stacked this season! They could be in need of somebody to clean the stands and maybe somebody for maintenance on the arena but that's all.

I'll give them Alfonso, a handyman I know, for Sami Salo.

Skyver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2011, 04:05 PM
Intoewsables

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leafs87 View Post
Future Kyle Turris

I'm not doubting that he can turn it around and a change of scenario might help, but for what Nucks fans want for him its not worth it for us
He should probably just retire.

Intoewsables is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2011, 04:41 PM
Boondock

Quote:
Future Kyle Turris

Canuck fans don't want anything for him, they want to keep him, and give him the opportunity to succeed, it was a Leaf fan that started the proposal.

I'm not sure if you're trying to be argumentative or not, first off Hodgson was out of hockey for over a year while he worked out the back problems (2 separate issues - bulged discs, and torn muscles) So yeah he had a slow start to the season, then he rattled off 13 points in 16 games once he got his legs under him, but a practise accident broke his orbital bone - so he hasn't had the opportunity to really show the kind of player he can be. He's 20, give him a shot to be healthy, get in shape, and then make judgments about him.

Boondock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2011, 05:18 PM
theIceWookie
#LeafHysteriaAlert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boondock View Post
Canuck fans don't want anything for him, they want to keep him, and give him the opportunity to succeed, it was a Leaf fan that started the proposal.

I'm not sure if you're trying to be argumentative or not, first off Hodgson was out of hockey for over a year while he worked out the back problems (2 separate issues - bulged discs, and torn muscles) So yeah he had a slow start to the season, then he rattled off 13 points in 16 games once he got his legs under him, but a practise accident broke his orbital bone - so he hasn't had the opportunity to really show the kind of player he can be. He's 20, give him a shot to be healthy, get in shape, and then make judgments about him.
His value is nowhere near what it was before he missed that full season and trading him now would be one of Gillis's more stupid moves. As much as he is a very talented prospect, those injury troubles will scare away most interest in him, meaning that teams will not pay full value for him.

Give him time. He has lots of time to develop still. Moving him would not be in the best interest for the Canucks. As you said, he was a guy who played very well in the OHL and WJC.

Quote:
Future Kyle Turris

Its a little early to be calling him a future Kyle Turris. Different situations, different pedigree. Its also his first season in the AHL. Most rookies don't score at a PPG pace and 16 in 28 isn't terrible. In fact at this moment, their are only two rookies in the entire AHL who have a PPG rate. Nazem Kadri and Zach Dalpe.

theIceWookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2011, 05:27 PM
gabeliscious

whats the status with hodgson's back situation? is that all better now?

kaberle + bozak for hodgson + salary

gabeliscious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2011, 05:45 PM
Winroba
Keep Calm, Kassi On

Quote:
Originally Posted by gabeliscious View Post

His back is fine, the reason it took so long to heal was because he had a muscle tear that went undetected for a few months.

Winroba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2011, 05:50 PM
Tim Calhoun
Tim Calhoun

Quote:
Originally Posted by gabeliscious View Post

Not worth it. Salary is a pretty good player.

Tim Calhoun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2011, 06:15 PM
Bgav
We Stylin'

vCash: 566
hes not getting traded

Bgav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2011, 06:17 PM
Alberta Yote
Owns the Yotes

vCash: 855
Do any of you "future Kyle Turris" folks realize he's now centering the Coyotes' first line?

Alberta Yote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2011, 06:20 PM
Bgav
We Stylin'

vCash: 566
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alberta Yote View Post
Do any of you "future Kyle Turris" folks realize he's now centering the Coyotes' first line?
i was thinking this as well haha

Bgav is offline   Reply With Quote