Notices

Eric Francis was Right!!!

Old
06-09-2011, 02:42 PM
tfong

vCash: 500
Eric Francis was Right!!!

http://www.winnipegsun.com/2011/06/05/winnerpeg

Eh just saw this today but he actually did call the Bryz trade hmmm.

tfong is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2011, 02:49 PM
Johnny Hoxville
Dust Buster

vCash: 50
Meh...I think it was more than common knowledge than anything that the Flyers are in the market to upgrade their goaltending position. Brzy and Vokoun were rumoured to be the front runners, it was clear Brzy was not going to resign in Phoenix so the logical thing to do would be trade his rights so at least they can get something for him. The Flyers were just being agreesive and proactive. I'm sure most people on these boards predicted the same thing.

Johnny Hoxville is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2011, 02:57 PM
Xelstyle

Does that really count as calling the trade? It's not exactly magic to say that Philly is looking for goaltending when Bryz was available.

Xelstyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2011, 03:38 PM
Flames Fanatic
Man Shifty is Good!

Everyone and their dog knew that Philly was going after either Bryz or Vokoun. Francis flipped a coin and got it right.

Flames Fanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2011, 04:47 PM
The Gnome

1 right doesen't make a 1000 wrongs right

The Gnome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2011, 05:56 PM
Janko Unchained
Flames CBA Guy

vCash: 998
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Gnome View Post
1 right doesen't make a 1000 wrongs right
Yep. Therefore, Francis is still an idiot.

Janko Unchained is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2011, 07:11 PM
tfong

I dunno actually, I mean I dont really mind reading his articles at times when I'm on the eating breakfast or something. Its just like listening to any other fan you have a difference in opinion with.

I mean the only rumour dude or writier I dislike is Eklund, for obvious reasons of course.

Old
06-10-2011, 10:21 AM
The Gnome

Quote:
Originally Posted by tfong View Post
I dunno actually, I mean I dont really mind reading his articles at times when I'm on the eating breakfast or something. Its just like listening to any other fan you have a difference in opinion with.

I mean the only rumour dude or writier I dislike is Eklund, for obvious reasons of course.
The issue I have though is that I honestly think he is a complete moron. Everything that he spews I completely disagree with.

Most posters on this board have way more Flames knowledge then he does. I may not agree with everyone here all of the time, but for the most part I respect poster's opinions, because they're educated.

Everytime I read something that Francis wrote I want to vomit on the paper. Not only that, he is such an arrogant ass it comes out in his writing. Puke! Arrogance and stupidity, he's just too easy to hate.

Old
06-10-2011, 10:41 AM
tfong

Quote:
The issue I have though is that I honestly think he is a complete moron. Everything that he spews I completely disagree with.

Most posters on this board have way more Flames knowledge then he does. I may not agree with everyone here all of the time, but for the most part I respect poster's opinions, because they're educated.

Everytime I read something that Francis wrote I want to vomit on the paper. Not only that, he is such an arrogant ass it comes out in his writing. Puke! Arrogance and stupidity, he's just too easy to hate.
Hes a columnist, stuff he says is supposed to get a reaction from you though because you will keep thinking about it because of difference of opinion or whatever the case may be. I seriously doubt the paper would keep him onboard if he didn't know enough about the flames. I just think his articles are designed to draw a response from readers.

Old
06-10-2011, 11:24 AM
Xelstyle

Quote:
Hes a columnist, stuff he says is supposed to get a reaction from you though because you will keep thinking about it because of difference of opinion or whatever the case may be. I seriously doubt the paper would keep him onboard if he didn't know enough about the flames. I just think his articles are designed to draw a response from readers.
At the same time, drawing a response is one thing. Make your readers absolutely avoid the things you type as a legitimate source will simply backfire.

Xelstyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2011, 11:27 AM
The Gnome

Quote:
so? I still want to vomit. What's the difference to me as the reader of his ********.

Old
06-10-2011, 11:30 AM
Signature
Capitano Giordano

vCash: 132
Quote:

I can agree with this POV. I don't really get into Francis' articles, but even if he was writing them from the heart instead of from the brain of a controversial columnist, everyone has their opinions and I respect a lot of different views on hockey.

Except Eklund's.

Signature is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2011, 11:59 AM
Johnny Hoxville
Dust Buster

vCash: 50
Quote:

^^^This!

I agree with this post 100%. And Gnome me and you have a come a long way to since you starting posting eh?

Last edited by Johnny Hoxville: 06-10-2011 at 12:12 PM.
Johnny Hoxville is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2011, 12:06 PM
The Gnome

Quote:
Originally Posted by MVW View Post
^^^This!

I agree with this post 100%. And Gnome me and you have a come a long way to sine you starting posting eh?
Oh yeah, I truely believe the only way to constantly increase your hockey knowledge is to learn from others who have an educated opinion that opposes your own.

The key word being educated, something Francis is not...IMO

Old
06-10-2011, 12:42 PM
tfong

There has to be a reason why the Sun keeps him around

Old
06-10-2011, 04:03 PM
Janko Unchained
Flames CBA Guy

vCash: 998
Because its the Sun. No explanation needed.

Janko Unchained is offline   Reply With Quote