HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Det - Min

Old
06-09-2011, 04:01 PM
probertrules24
Down with the Bruins

vCash: 500
Det - Min

I do not believe this will or would happen but I was wondering from a value standpoint if a deal like this could work. I don't believe the Wild are looking to move Burns or have a reason to unless they were looking for a shake-up and to stock pile some prospects.

Det
Filppula + Smith (top D prospect) + 2nd/3rd

for

Burns + 2nd/3rd

Filppula could be a 2nd line center and is great defensively plus has offensive talent that he hasn't maxed out on yet. Smith could end up being a offensive #1 or #2 D-man.

Burns is big and a RH shot which the Wings are always in need of.

Again not saying I would want to make the deal just wondering if it's way off or is close.

probertrules24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2011, 04:03 PM
Edge of Sanity*

I'm a Wings fan and this is an embarrassing offer, not even close to enough for Burns. Smith is a fantastic trade chip but Filppula isn't and the picks cancel out.

Edge of Sanity* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2011, 04:09 PM
nickschultzfan

Burns will only be traded for a forward who puts up at least 70 points and is an offensive threat. That's not Filppula It's that simple.

nickschultzfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2011, 06:20 PM
Vatican Roulette
Mona Lisa Lily

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edge of Sanity View Post
I'm a Wings fan and this is an embarrassing offer, not even close to enough for Burns. Smith is a fantastic trade chip but Filppula isn't and the picks cancel out.
Coming from you, that hurts.

OP, why not just wait and see if you can get him for free(Burns)?

Vatican Roulette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2011, 06:44 PM
forthewild

IF Burns makes it to UFA GMCF will be tared and feathered

he's either singed long term or traded before the season starts if Wings want him they need to pay with offensive prospect and blue chip ones at that.

forthewild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2011, 07:04 PM
this providence
Chips in Bed Theorem

The absolute earliest Burns can be traded is after the draft. The team can't even talk contract with him until July 1st, so anything regarding draft picks at this point isn't really worth considering.

As for the offer. Um. Pass.

After Meaningless Win - 3/29/12 - Game 77 | SoH-"Who knows, that could have cost us a Cup tonight." | Dooohkay
this providence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2011, 07:12 PM
Avs44

vCash: 3319
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edge of Sanity View Post
Hey, aren't you the guy who proposed Filpula and McCollum for Doughty? Should you really be talking?
http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?p...3#post33438923

Last edited by Avs44: 06-09-2011 at 07:44 PM.
Avs44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2011, 07:13 PM
probertrules24
Down with the Bruins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vatican Roulette View Post
Coming from you, that hurts.

OP, why not just wait and see if you can get him for free(Burns)?
I thought he still had another year left on his contract. I would assume after who ever we sign this year and Smith making the jump there might not be a roster spot. This is if we attempt to fill Rafalski's spot.

Yes coming from Edge of Sanity does hurt. I fully understand that from a Minny point of view what is the point of trading their number 1 Dman. I was just looking to gauge value of Filppula and Smith and what kind of Dman it could return.

I guess I was kind of using the Alex Goligoski to the Dallas Stars for James Neal and Matt Niskanen deal. I understand they aren't identical but I thought it was fairly close. Thought may be Detroit adding the 2nd and Minny the third could even things a bit.

Anyways the whole point was to find out value and so far it looks to be way off.

Last edited by probertrules24: 06-09-2011 at 07:38 PM.
probertrules24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2011, 08:23 PM
Zetterberg4Captain

I love Burns, I truly do and feel he would be great on detroits backend, that said, I would much rather keep those two players mentioned and sign Ehrhoff or Wisnewski this summer and go after Burns or Suter next summer(if they arent resigned before then).

Zetterberg4Captain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2011, 08:32 PM
Generic User
Dynamic as they come

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zetterberg4Captain View Post
I love Burns, I truly do and feel he would be great on detroits backend, that said, I would much rather keep those two players mentioned and sign Ehrhoff or Wisnewski this summer and go after Burns or Suter next summer(if they arent resigned before then).
So it sounds like this idea works for neither teams. /thread.

Generic User is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2011, 11:06 PM
Go Wings

No thanks. Detroit can just wait for Burns to become a UFA after next season and then sign him.

Go Wings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2011, 12:55 AM
MK9

The "get him for free" is hilarious. You guys realize that Riser isn't the GM in Minnesota any longer correct? Those asinine mistakes he made aren't going to be made by Fletcher. You'll trade something for him if you want him or you'll not "sign him for nothing", you'll just get "nothing".

MK9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2011, 06:33 AM
Zetterberg4Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by MK9 View Post
The "get him for free" is hilarious. You guys realize that Riser isn't the GM in Minnesota any longer correct? Those asinine mistakes he made aren't going to be made by Fletcher. You'll trade something for him if you want him or you'll not "sign him for nothing", you'll just get "nothing".
untill he is in fact signed that option remains on the table no matter how remote you may feel it is.

In the meantime, no, Burns is not worth trading signficant assets for.

Zetterberg4Captain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2011, 07:57 AM
Go Wings

Quote:
Originally Posted by MK9 View Post
What makes you think that Burns wants to resign with a team that hasnt made the playoffs 3 straight years (well 4 after this upcoming season). Not everyone is like Chris Phillips some actually want to play on winning teams. My guess is that Burns leaves Minnesota after this season as a free agent.

Go Wings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2011, 08:21 AM
Vashanesh
My best outfit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go Wings View Post
What makes you think that Burns wants to resign with a team that hasnt made the playoffs 3 straight years (well 4 after this upcoming season). Not everyone is like Chris Phillips some actually want to play on winning teams. My guess is that Burns leaves Minnesota after this season as a free agent.
Thanks for proving that you know absolutely nothing about Burns.

The Wild and Wings don't make good trade partners. We know what Burns is worth, and the Wings won't part with what he's actually worth.

Vashanesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2011, 09:20 AM
forthewild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go Wings View Post
yeah he hates MN so bad that his home is here he is massively involved in the community and WANTS to be part of this team.

and if we cannot sign him HE WILL BE TRADED NO WAY HE WALKS NEXT YEAR FOR NOTHING

DR let Gaborik walk for nothing, GMCF will be hung if he does the same and given that GMCF has a brain i don't see it happening

forthewild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2011, 10:13 AM
Pneuma

Personally, I would up the offer to the following:

Franzen, Smith, 1st

for

Burns

Filpulla simply isn't close to enough value for a #1 defenseman. Hopefully, a top line forward, a premier defensive prospect, and a pick will bring the value closer.

Pneuma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2011, 12:26 PM
Dangler1340

Quote:
Originally Posted by this providence View Post
The absolute earliest Burns can be traded is after the draft. The team can't even talk contract with him until July 1st, so anything regarding draft picks at this point isn't really worth considering.

As for the offer. Um. Pass.
Please tell me why the earliest he can be traded is after the draft?? What does trading him have anything to do with his contract, and I'd love to hear why draft picks can't be involved. As a wings fan there is no way I would give up Filppula and especially Smith, who has potential to be a top pair D man picks....for a guy with one year left on his contract and has concussion problems. So your post...um dumb

Dangler1340 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2011, 12:29 PM
Dangler1340

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pneuma View Post
Personally, I would up the offer to the following:

Franzen, Smith, 1st

for

Burns

Filpulla simply isn't close to
enough value for a #1 defenseman. Hopefully, a top line forward, a premier defensive prospect, and a pick will bring the
value closer.

Pretty sure we are talking about Burns....not Suter or Weber

Dangler1340 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2011, 12:58 PM
this providence
Chips in Bed Theorem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dangler1340 View Post
Please tell me why the earliest he can be traded is after the draft?? What does trading him have anything to do with his contract, and I'd love to hear why draft picks can't be involved. As a wings fan there is no way I would give up Filppula and especially Smith, who has potential to be a top pair D man picks....for a guy with one year left on his contract and has concussion problems. So your post...um dumb
Probably because the team would much rather extend a defenseman of his caliber than trade him for most all of the types of offers thrown around HF. And given the team is bound by the CBA rules of not being able to talk to Burns and his agent about a contract until July 1st, the logical conclusion is he will not be traded until after the draft. If he's moved at all.

And as for the rest of your opinion, I'd rather not trade him for Filppula, Smith, and mid round pick either so that we can agree on. And it's concussion. Singular.

this providence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2011, 01:17 PM
Pneuma

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dangler1340 View Post
Pretty sure we are talking about Burns....not Suter or Weber
Take a moment to compare the season Burns had to the two you mentioned and then get back to me. I think you'll be surprised at what you find.

Also, he's a 6'5", right handed, number 1 defenseman at the age of 26. I can understand why Wild fans aren't too intrigued by the thought of giving him up for a 40 point forward as the centerpiece.

Pneuma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2011, 02:08 PM
Marky9er

I'd be willing to give up tangible pieces to NOT sign Ehrhoff or Wisniewski. The margin by which I would prefer Burns is "not close"!

Too bad the stars are not aligning for that situation.

Marky9er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2011, 05:52 PM
rynryn
Progress to the Mean

vCash: 50
i hate franzen. HATE the look on his face.

rynryn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2011, 05:58 PM
Vatican Roulette
Mona Lisa Lily

Quote:
Originally Posted by rynryn View Post
i hate franzen. HATE the look on his face.
Well if that isn't a reason to not have a player on your team, then I don't know what is.

By the way, Burns is a mouth-breather.

Vatican Roulette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2011, 06:20 PM
rynryn
Progress to the Mean

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vatican Roulette View Post
Well if that isn't a reason to not have a player on your team, then I don't know what is.

By the way, Burns is a mouth-breather.
i make fun of it pretty much every game! Still wouldn't trade him for Franzen.

rynryn is offline   Reply With Quote