HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Rangers out of Richards sweepstakes?

Old
06-09-2011, 05:08 PM
duckdynasty

vCash: 500
Rangers out of Richards sweepstakes?

Take it for what its worth.

http://mapleleafshotstove.com/2011/0...d-in-new-york/

duckdynasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2011, 05:10 PM
caley

Richards Not Going to NY Rangers?

So, Larry Brooks seems to believe that Richards is not going to be going to the Rangers.

In a series of tweets
Quote:
NYP_Brooksie Larry Brooks
Post has learned Sather has told Drury he will be bought out. Team will NOT buyout Wolski or Avery.
3 hours ago
When someone tweeted him to ask if this made the Rangers favourites to land Richards, he replied

Quote:
No. Richards is not coming to NY.
When asked if the Rangers had been after him, he replied

Quote:
He was but it doesn't seem as if interest was mutual.
Quote:
It sounds as if it's not his first choice.
Interesting turn of events, to be sure, after months of Richards to NYR rumors/discussion.

caley is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2011, 05:12 PM
That Stepan Guy
Jefferek Stepaninner

Brooks is just running his mouth and trying to stir a pot.

I'm doubtful the Rangers are out of the Richards sweepstakes. If they were, why would they intend to buyout Drury? They're still in.

That Stepan Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2011, 05:12 PM
Perrah

Especially with Pierre the tool yelling manhattan the whole time one segment they were talking about the stars not offering him a contract.

Perrah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2011, 05:13 PM
That Stepan Guy
Jefferek Stepaninner

Just Larry being Larry.

Rangers wouldn't move to buyout Drury for nothing. There's a reason behind the supposed Drury buyout, and it's most definitely to make room for Richards.

Old
TML g u n n e R s*
EDC 2013

Send a message via MSN to TML g u n n e R s* Send a message via Yahoo to TML g u n n e R s* Send a message via Skype™ to TML g u n n e R s*
YEA!!!!! always knew it

TML g u n n e R s* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Marvelous Manked
Ooh to be a Gooner

Wow. So that leaves what, Toronto? Buffalo?

What darkhorse team comes out at scoops him up?

Marvelous Manked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Doug Height
Okposwag

Quote:
Originally Posted by That Stepan Guy View Post

I'm doubtful the Rangers are out of the Richards sweepstakes. If they were, why would they intend to buyout Drury? They're still in.
Because he sucks?

Doug Height is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
shortfuze

Quote:

richards is irrelevent when it comes to buying out drury. he will get bought out whether they have richards or not.

shortfuze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2011, 05:15 PM
That Stepan Guy
Jefferek Stepaninner

Quote:
Originally Posted by shortfuze View Post
richards is irrelevent when it comes to buying out drury. he will get bought out whether they have richards or not.
But they could also have him last for one more year. They could have easily allowed him to eat out his last year with limited playing time. They're buying him out for a reason.

Old
06-09-2011, 05:16 PM
caley

Well, just because they're buying out Drury isn't proof that they're still in the Richards sweepstakes. A rumor I read the other day was that Rangers might have interest in Stephen Weiss if they couldn't get Richards. Buying out Drury would make room for Weiss and maybe another signing, or leave room at the deadline (Of course, this IS Sather we're talking about, when has he ever had cap space?! ).

caley is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2011, 05:17 PM
CM PUNK

Quote:
Just Larry being Larry.

Rangers wouldn't move to buyout Drury for nothing. There's a reason behind the supposed Drury buyout, and it's most definitely to make room for Richards.
first logic doesn't always apply to what sather does lol

second, i have no idea what the backup plan would be but there is a good chance it is trying to trade for someone so they would still need the cap space for that guy.

CM PUNK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Fleuryoutside29

I thought that he would be a good fit again in Tampa Bay, and also he would want to go for a team that had a better chance of winning the cup. The Lightning could be a pretty complete team with Richards and if they pick up a new goalie and somehow not pull a lot of cap dumps they could be a very good team.

Fleuryoutside29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Erza Scarlet
following the mantle

These rumors are getting out of hand. Nobody knows what Richards will do aside from Richards and perhaps his agent.

Erza Scarlet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2011, 05:18 PM
CM PUNK

Quote:
Originally Posted by caley View Post
Well, just because they're buying out Drury isn't proof that they're still in the Richards sweepstakes. A rumor I read the other day was that Rangers might have interest in Stephen Weiss if they couldn't get Richards. Buying out Drury would make room for Weiss and maybe another signing, or leave room at the deadline (Of course, this IS Sather we're talking about, when has he ever had cap space?! ).
ugh weiss as a backup plan is awful...i can't afford the ferrarri so instead i'll get the corolla.

Old
06-09-2011, 05:18 PM
gotmonte

1)- Who in the Rangers Organization is going to tell Brooksie ANY IMPORTANT Information regarding ANYTHING.

2)- Wouldnt it be in the RANGERS BEST INTEREST to tell Brooks someone different than their REAL PLANS so Brooksie can tweet/write to the rest of the world that the Rangers are not interested in Brad and then BAM, JULY 1ST the Rangers swoop in and sign him?

Do you REALLY THINK SATHER DOESNT WANT A CLEAR 1ST LINE CENTER FOR GABORIK? Do you REALLY THINK BRAD RICHARDS DOESNT WANT DOLANS MONEY AND TO PLAY WITH GABORIK SMACKING IN ALL HIS PASSES, AND TO PLAY FOR A COACH THAT HE LOVES AND THE COACH LOVES HIM BACK?

Hey listen. I am not going to cry if we dont get Richards. I would LOVE to have him but this is a business and you cant have everything you want. I do have faith in Sather making a splash this offseason though. He needs to inject power into this team and I fully believe he will. Whether it is 8.5 million a year to Richards or a big trade for a YOUNG 1ST LINE CENTER. Either way, the Rangers win.

Again, telling brooks (who the rangers really dont like. torts, sather, dolan due to brooks always bashing them) anything of value is most likely not going to happen.

Did he get told Drury was going to be bought out? Sure. But whats the difference. Its not out of the blue news. We ALL knew it was going to happen.

Letting him know Rangers wont be signing Brad is not smart to let him know if that WERE the case. Why take yourself out of the running and bid up Richards so your enemy overpays?

And dont tell me Richards is stupid enough to say he doesnt want to sign with the Rangers. Why take out a COLOSSAL Team who is going to up the bidding for you and make you TONS of money?

gotmonte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2011, 05:19 PM
kasper11

Not saying that Richards will end up a Ranger, but why would either side say so now? Both have an interest in driving the price up for other teams.

kasper11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2011, 05:19 PM
Erza Scarlet
following the mantle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleuryoutside29 View Post
I thought that he would be a good fit again in Tampa Bay, and also he would want to go for a team that had a better chance of winning the cup. The Lightning could be a pretty complete team with Richards and if they pick up a new goalie and somehow not pull a lot of cap dumps they could be a very good team.
He seemed content on returning to a Dallas team that missed the playoffs the last 3 years so it might not be the biggest priority for Richards. Not saying he wouldn't mind being on a cup contender.

Erza Scarlet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2011, 05:21 PM
vendetta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manked View Post
Wow. So that leaves what, Toronto? Buffalo?

What darkhorse team comes out at scoops him up?
panthers

vendetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2011, 05:22 PM
CM PUNK

Quote:
Originally Posted by gotmonte View Post
1)- Who in the Rangers Organization is going to tell Brooksie ANY IMPORTANT Information regarding ANYTHING.

2)- Wouldnt it be in the RANGERS BEST INTEREST to tell Brooks someone different than their REAL PLANS so Brooksie can tweet/write to the rest of the world that the Rangers are not interested in Brad and then BAM, JULY 1ST the Rangers swoop in and sign him?

Do you REALLY THINK SATHER DOESNT WANT A CLEAR 1ST LINE CENTER FOR GABORIK?
he is NOT saying the rangers don't want him. he is saying that richards doesn't want to be a ranger...completely different.

Old
06-09-2011, 05:23 PM
Miller Time NYR
Wrong^

Just brooks being Brooks, don't believe any of the ******** this guy posts. Not that I defending the rangers and saying were in/out on Richards because nobody can read sather or richards' 'mind but Brooks is just trying to stir his usual pot and sell papers.

He does this about once month regarding the rangers.

Miller Time NYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2011, 05:24 PM
azrok22

Quote:
Originally Posted by caley View Post
Weiss is only a $3m cap hit. The Rangers could easily absorb that without buying out Drury. That doesn't mean that buying out Drury means they're all-in on Weiss, but your logic doesn't compute.

azrok22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2011, 05:26 PM
BCS

Cliff Lee 2.0.

BCS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2011, 05:26 PM
Freudian
No Guenin, No cry

vCash: 0
Of course they are going to offer him a contract. Possibly even a long very expensive one.

I doubt Richards has revealed his preference to Rangers, Brooks or anyone else.

We'll see what happens. I wouldn't rule out a discounted Tampa contract for Richards after Tampas great run this year. Winning is fun and he has lots of friends in Tampa.

Freudian is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2011, 05:28 PM
CM PUNK

Quote:
Originally Posted by kasper11 View Post
Not saying that Richards will end up a Ranger, but why would either side say so now? Both have an interest in driving the price up for other teams.
well its also possible that the rangers want to send out the message that they don't think they have a shot and are turning toward other options so when they finally talk to richards' agent they don't seem desparate. last thing you want is the agent thinking the plan is 'richards or bust' lol