HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Rangers out of Richards sweepstakes?

Old
06-10-2011, 01:30 PM
thrillermiller89

vCash: 500
i really hop richards goes to buffalo... just seems like such a perfect fit

thrillermiller89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2011, 01:33 PM
Puckface NYR*
R.I.P. Boogyman

Quote:
Originally Posted by thrillermiller89 View Post
i really hop richards goes to buffalo... just seems like such a perfect fit
A #1 center who can QB the pp, seems like a perfect fit for a lot of teams.

Puckface NYR* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2011, 01:43 PM
SabresFanNorthPortFL

Quote:
Originally Posted by hfgreg View Post
Hi, uh yes.. could you please go to Buffalo too? It's embarrassing having people like you in our area.
WTF????

Please explain yourself......

SabresFanNorthPortFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2011, 02:10 PM
SabresFanNorthPortFL

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThunderRoad View Post
What hindered Tampa then was an INTERNAL cap, regardless of the allowable cap - and that internal cap was nowhere near the maximum - that was why they couldn't fill a roster around the big 3. Also, never traded Nik - he chased more money in free agency, only to have him quoted after the fact that the grass wasn't always greener on the other side (although I think his relationship with Torts had quite a bit to do with him leaving). Have no doubt Richards would give the Lightning a discount - however, that discount might not be substantial, so that of course is that key piece of information will have to wait on. Very likely could be a pipe dream, but willing to believe up till then - and of course some of the quotes he's been giving lately help fuel that hope. Counting on Vinny and Marty talking Ritchie into agreeing to whatever deal Yzerman suggests
You're right, I forgot Habby bolted to Edm as a UFA.

BUT....that doesn't change my post. TBL signed the 3 (Vinny, Marty and Brad) to mega contracts, and when it came to Habby, they didn't have enough. If it was internal cap, ok. But they still didn't have enough to go around, and again, it was not enough to go around to have decent wingers and defense. Boyle was in that mix too.

The other reality of all of this is what Richards has said of Dallas too, that unless there is stable ownership....

When TBL won the cup, they are now on their 3rd owner in that 5 or 6 year span....

I think they are now in the solid front office/owner stage but I still can't see them sinking over $25mil into 4 players. IMO again, there is just no way they are going into next season with a patchwork goalie tandem. They spent $4.5mil last year on goalies, if they spent that again, that would put them at $41.18 with only 4D signed, and 8 forwards, and not Stamkos. AS of right now, Vinny, Marty and Malone are all signed for at least 4 more years, Stamkos will be soon, and if Richards signs, it will be for at least 4 years too. Maybe it could be done but to field a competetive team, I just don't see it.

Old
06-10-2011, 02:23 PM
Puckface NYR*
R.I.P. Boogyman

Quote:
Originally Posted by SabresFanNorthPortFL View Post

BUT....that doesn't change my post. TBL signed the 3 (Vinny, Marty and Brad) to mega contracts, and when it came to Habby, they didn't have enough. If it was internal cap, ok. But they still didn't have enough to go around, and again, it was not enough to go around to have decent wingers and defense. Boyle was in that mix too.

The other reality of all of this is what Richards has said of Dallas too, that unless there is stable ownership....

When TBL won the cup, they are now on their 3rd owner in that 5 or 6 year span....

I think they are now in the solid front office/owner stage but I still can't see them sinking over $25mil into 4 players. IMO again, there is just no way they are going into next season with a patchwork goalie tandem. They spent $4.5mil last year on goalies, if they spent that again, that would put them at $41.18 with only 4D signed, and 8 forwards, and not Stamkos. AS of right now, Vinny, Marty and Malone are all signed for at least 4 more years, Stamkos will be soon, and if Richards signs, it will be for at least 4 years too. Maybe it could be done but to field a competetive team, I just don't see it.
I love how you ask why the guy tells you to move to Buffalo, then you continue on your rant about TBL and their problems.

Old
06-10-2011, 02:26 PM
SabresFanNorthPortFL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puckface NYR View Post
I love how you ask why the guy tells you to move to Buffalo, then you continue on your rant about TBL and their problems.
Always a New Yorker first, that's why the crackers down here want us gone....we make them look bad and not just by actually having teeth!!!!!

Old
06-10-2011, 02:35 PM
Puckface NYR*
R.I.P. Boogyman

Quote:
Always a New Yorker first, that's why the crackers down here want us gone....we make them look bad and not just by actually having teeth!!!!!
I'm white, so I don't find that funny at all.

Old
06-10-2011, 02:49 PM
chasespace

Quote:
I haven't noticed too many rednecks at Tampa games. If you're looking for Daytona that's on the other coast.

chasespace is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2011, 02:53 PM
bassassin

Quote:
For someone that lives in Florida you don't know much about the Lightnings past, I didn't start following the Lightning or the NHL till the end of the 06/07 season and I know more about the lockout situation than you

Also btw Khabibulin left for Chicago Edmonton came like 4 years later.

Quote:
BUT....that doesn't change my post. TBL signed the 3 (Vinny, Marty and Brad) to mega contracts, and when it came to Habby, they didn't have enough. If it was internal cap, ok. But they still didn't have enough to go around, and again, it was not enough to go around to have decent wingers and defense.
This was the sequence of events:

Lecavalier was signed already
Richards signed a max deal - young PPG+ Conn Smythe winning centre at the time, although I still think Feaster could have done a lot better.

There was enough money left to re-sign Khabibulin OR St. Louis

Feaster chose to try and re-sign Khabibulin, but Bulin argued about money and left for $500,000 a year more in Chicago.

So then with a lot of money to play Feasters next choice was obviously to re-sign the Art Ross winner - St. Louis

Quote:
Boyle was in that mix too.
Boyle wasn't in the mix until the next ownership who traded Richards to sign Boyle. Then Boyle got injured, came back prematurely so didn't play up to standard and got traded.

Quote:

Vinik is the most stable owner this team has ever had, no owner has spent so much money renovating the franchise from top to bottom, and if you know anything about Vinik he can afford it. He obviously doesn't want to lose money long term, but as a hedge fund manager he knows about speculation.

Quote:
If a team that made it to game 7 of the conference finals partly due to an excellent display from their goaltenders has patchwork goaltending, then how do you describe the rest of the leagues goaltending? They spent $4.7 million last year yes, but no way in hell does Smith get $2.2 million ANYWHERE. So that much is not going to be spent on goaltending I would venture a guess a lot closer to $3 million.

But I don't know where your figures are coming from, they have 7 forwards and 4 dmen signed for next season for a total cap hit of $36.55 million.

bassassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2011, 02:59 PM
free0717

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug Height View Post
Because he sucks?
Yes but the Rangers could bury him on LTI or just not dress him the whole year if they dont get Richards and save the space for 2012-13

free0717 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2011, 03:03 PM
free0717

Quote:
Originally Posted by CM PUNK View Post
he is NOT saying the rangers don't want him. he is saying that richards doesn't want to be a ranger...completely different.
First of all Larry Brooks gets 90% of rumors wrong. They wouldnt buy out Drury if he werent going to make a run @ Richards. What I think Brooks was saying and we have to see if it is true is that Richards is gonna go for the most $$$. Then I think Richards goes to the Leafs.

free0717 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2011, 03:04 PM
Doctor Drej
Unregistered User

Quote:
If New York is so god damn good why don't you go back there? Do us a favor.

Doctor Drej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2011, 03:15 PM
Puckface NYR*
R.I.P. Boogyman

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Downie View Post
If New York is so god damn good why don't you go back there? Do us a favor.
We don't want him either.

Old
06-10-2011, 03:22 PM
ShootIt

Quote:
That's right, get out of here. South will rise again!

ShootIt is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2011, 03:34 PM
Puckface NYR*
R.I.P. Boogyman

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShootIt View Post
That's right, get out of here. South will rise again!
Classic

Old
06-10-2011, 03:56 PM
sabres_phan

Quote:
Originally Posted by hfgreg View Post
Hi, uh yes.. could you please go to Buffalo too? It's embarrassing having people like you in our area.
If it weren't for transplants, the Lightning would likely not exist.

sabres_phan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2011, 04:02 PM
Puckface NYR*
R.I.P. Boogyman

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabres_phan View Post
If it weren't for transplants, the Lightning would likely not exist.
If we hadn't won the revolutionary war it's likely there wouldn't be an NHL.

Old
06-10-2011, 04:36 PM
sabres_phan

Quote:
If we hadn't won the revolutionary war it's likely there wouldn't be an NHL.
True. Much less relevant than my point, but true nonetheless.

sabres_phan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2011, 04:41 PM
SiriusBizinuez
Jakub might kill you

Quote:
I'm white, so I don't find that funny at all.
I'm white and I find it hilarious that you don't find it funny at all due to your whiteness.

SiriusBizinuez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2011, 06:01 PM
Boltsfan2029

vCash: 698
Quote:
Originally Posted by CM PUNK View Post
its possible under the cap...but you posted a quote saying they would increase the payroll to $55 mil
No, the quote is
Quote:
Owner Jeff Vinik is making Yzerman's job easier by increasing payroll from last season's $55 million cap hit.
We were at $55M, that will be going up.

Boltsfan2029 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2011, 06:04 PM
Boltsfan2029

Quote:
Originally Posted by GE0 View Post
Not wrong. I was speaking in relation to the calculated cap payrolls for 2011-2012, in which posters are considering only the cap hit.

Cap space isn't the limiting factor for Tampa Bay, it's cash. And Lecavalier accounts for $10M for this upcoming season (and four more following).
Since he also counted for $10M this season, why would next season's $10M impact be different from this season's?

Maybe I'm just not understanding what you're getting at. Math isn't my strong suit.

Old
06-10-2011, 06:07 PM
Boltsfan2029

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tawnos View Post
His heart is set on being a UFA. If his heart was set on Tampa, he'd go to Nieuwendyk and say "I'll waive to go to Tampa", Nieuwendyk would get on the phone with Yzerman and they'd work out a deal.
Or not. He probably knows how much Yzerman covets his draft picks and wouldn't want to cost his new team a pick or young player just for negotiating rights. If he knew he was only going to come here, why would he need to have his rights traded rather than just wait until 7/1 and sign?

Old
06-10-2011, 06:09 PM
stammerhammer91

richards is going to the lightning for 4 million a year, book it!

stammerhammer91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2011, 06:12 PM
Boltsfan2029

Quote:
Originally Posted by stammerhammer91 View Post
richards is going to the lightning for 4 million a year, book it!
I know he'd give us a discount, but I doubt he give one that big.

Old
06-10-2011, 06:29 PM
stavs

god i cant believe tampa fans are still talking about richards coming back... not happening

stavs is offline   Reply With Quote