HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Carolina Hurricanes
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Canes Board Lounge Part III

Closed Thread

Old
07-29-2011, 09:57 AM
Great Wall of Allen
SCanedinavian

vCash: 500
Booked my flights and hotel the other day, def gonna be in Raleigh for the game against Ottawa in October. Can't wait to see some live hockey.

Old
07-29-2011, 10:33 AM
UnPLEASED Anton

Awesome, try to get some tailgating in if you can. Nothing tastes better than ice cold beer that isn't 8 bucks.

Old
07-29-2011, 11:21 AM
HisIceness
Michal Jordan

Quote:
Originally Posted by theobald View Post
Booked my flights and hotel the other day, def gonna be in Raleigh for the game against Ottawa in October. Can't wait to see some live hockey.
Awesome. Won't be too much longer before pre-season starts.

Speaking of pre-season, how many of you are planning on coming to Charlotte on Sep. 25th? Anyone going to both the Panthers game and the Hurricanes game?

Old
07-29-2011, 01:21 PM
Anton H Christ
ruh-roh corvo

Quote:
Originally Posted by HurricaneInCalgary View Post
"Well, in hockey if it's tied at the end of the game they do a shoot out, what about if in baseball if it's tied after 9 innings they did a sudden death home run derby"

thought lol? I think it'd actually be pretty fun =)
Genius

Old
07-29-2011, 01:46 PM
Blueline Bomber
Expectations - high

Late to the party, but thank god, Ochocinco's gone. Was really difficult to cheer for the Bengals with him and TO on the team. Sure, the team sucking had something to do with it as well, but I can handle general awfulness. I can't handle general awfulness and loudmouthed arrogance.

Old
07-29-2011, 03:51 PM
Sasha Cares
28 mph!!!!!!!

I would think it would be hard to cheer from the Bengals PERIOD... Go Steelers...

BTW, Just went to the Tilted Kilt in Atlanta... Holy Cow, MUCH better uniforms than any other restaurant... Slutty catholic school girl outfits

Old
07-29-2011, 04:29 PM
Brock Anton
Deal with it.

Most boring NFL offseason.

Most money to spend = sign a punter.

Old
07-29-2011, 04:31 PM
Chicago Made Punk
You're Gonna Go Far

vCash: 446
Never had an NFL team. Big NC State fan. Followed Rivers to San Diego. Hoping this year is better than last.

Old
07-29-2011, 04:37 PM
Blueline Bomber
Expectations - high

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hurricane Anton View Post
I would think it would be hard to cheer from the Bengals PERIOD... Go Steelers...
Like I said, I've got no problem with general awfulness. I know we'll suck next year. I don't like sucking and having to listen to arrogant players run their mouth like nothing's the matter though.

And completely OT:

Cowboys and Aliens = Decent movie. I won't spoil anything, except I'll say that it lost me at a certain point in the movie. Just reached that point where I'm like "Ok, now that's just ridiculous". When enough people have seen it where I don't feel bad about spoiling anything, I'll comment more.

Old
07-29-2011, 05:12 PM
DaveG
Mod Supervisor
Trick Daddy

vCash: 2498
So would you say it's more dollar theater material then something you have to see the first week or so it's out?

Old
07-29-2011, 07:33 PM
Carolinas Identity
This is ARRGH State!

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anton Bomb View Post
Late to the party, but thank god, Ochocinco's gone. Was really difficult to cheer for the Bengals with him and TO on the team. Sure, the team sucking had something to do with it as well, but I can handle general awfulness. I can't handle general awfulness and loudmouthed arrogance.

Bengals would've been a lot better last year if instead of throwing 80 yard hail mary's to Ocho Cinco and Ocho Uno every other play, Carson Palmer had handed the ball to Cedric Benson a few extra times.

Also, Go Jaguars, love the Paul Posluszny signing, now we just need a defensive end for when Aaron Kampmann goes down with a trade marked knee injury =)

Old
07-29-2011, 08:17 PM
Blueline Bomber
Expectations - high

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveG View Post
So would you say it's more dollar theater material then something you have to see the first week or so it's out?
It's not a must-see by any stretch. It depends on how far you can stretch your imagination, I suppose. I was fine watching until one particular plot device and then my brain got in the way of enjoying the movie.

Don't want to give too much away, but the aliens are stupid. Not that they look stupid or anything like that, but they're stupid...mentally. Their reasons, their actions, they're stupid.

EDIT: And to add somewhat unrelated - The next "must-see-because-it's-so-bad" movie:

Last edited by Blueline Bomber: 07-29-2011 at 08:28 PM.
Old
07-29-2011, 10:12 PM
Sad King Jimmy
Look up, Hannah

I saw Cowboys & Aliens today too. It was a decent flick, but nothing spectacular. A bit like the first Pirates of the Caribbean movie, a lot of fun, a lot of fluff.

But yeah, the aliens are dumb, and I'm 99.9% sure I know what scene you're talking about AB, and if so, it's right up there with nuking the fridge from the new Indiana Jones movie. But just to be sure, I'll put it in a spoiler tag below.

Spoil:
It's the scene where Olivia Wilde gets put on the fire, then magically comes back to life and reveals that she's actually a shape-shifting alien from above the stars? Because that was the stupidest part of a stupid movie.

Old
07-29-2011, 10:33 PM
Blueline Bomber
Expectations - high

Quote:
Originally Posted by AntonfortheHart View Post
But yeah, the aliens are dumb, and I'm 99.9% sure I know what scene you're talking about AB, and if so, it's right up there with nuking the fridge from the new Indiana Jones movie. But just to be sure, I'll put it in a spoiler tag below.

Spoil:
It's the scene where Olivia Wilde gets put on the fire, then magically comes back to life and reveals that she's actually a shape-shifting alien from above the stars? Because that was the stupidest part of a stupid movie.
That's it exactly. Glad to see I wasn't the only one.

Spoil:
Between that and the aliens looking for gold, I lost all concentration. Then they had to keep poking the stupidity bear. They abduct humans to find their weakness? I'm pretty sure those lasers they were firing were working pretty well. As was the crazy disintegration beam that killed Craig's prostitute. And then the scene with the alien and the kid and the T-Rex arms? Yes, what could ever go wrong with exposing your internal organs to what amounts to a trapped animal?

I mean, I can only get so far with "They underestimate humans". Craig managing to take a weapon and escape was underestimating humans. Him blowing up one of their ships was underestimating humans. The alien exposing his organs to use the weak arms? That's just dumb.

I will say it won me back over for a while when Craig was sharpshooting the multitude coming out of the tunnel

/End Rant

Old
07-30-2011, 06:48 AM
Great Wall of Allen
SCanedinavian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HisIceness View Post
Awesome. Won't be too much longer before pre-season starts.

Speaking of pre-season, how many of you are planning on coming to Charlotte on Sep. 25th? Anyone going to both the Panthers game and the Hurricanes game?
Quote:
Originally Posted by UnPLEASED Anton View Post
Awesome, try to get some tailgating in if you can. Nothing tastes better than ice cold beer that isn't 8 bucks.
Cheers guys, had to talk my gf into a detour just to catch the game. Staying in the hotel right next to the RBC Center as we're only there for one night, so tailgating would be awesome, dunno how likely it is for a midweek game though?

Old
07-30-2011, 05:26 PM
Anton Dubinchuk
Danny Markov

vCash: 1505
Just got back from Cowboys and Aliens, and can confirm that it is all of the negative things that everyone has said it is, but still a kickass movie...

Old
07-31-2011, 03:59 PM
Carolinas Identity
This is ARRGH State!

Wow, Jason Marquis yesterday to shore up the rotation and Brad Ziegler today to take some pressure off Hernandez and Putz.

Forget Snakes on a Plane, we now officially have Snakes in a Pennant Race =)

Old
07-31-2011, 06:27 PM
Oogie Boogie

We must push little cart

Old
07-31-2011, 06:28 PM
AntonFromAppState
hockeytalkuncensored

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tavex View Post
We must push little cart
I've been playing the hell out of tf2 lately. My stats are like 10 hours of Heavy with 30 minutes or less of everything else.

Old
07-31-2011, 06:33 PM
garnetpalmetto
HFBoards Sponsor

Apologies to all for delayed responses on things - I was down at Myrtle Beach for a long weekend with the wife and her family. I saw enough Quebec license plates to make me think I was in the parking lot at the Bell Centre. Oddly enough after trips to TWO different Reebok Outlets I couldn't find a single NHL jersey. Give it time though, what with Reebok losing their NFL contract, it'll hopefully be a matter of time before they start stocking NHL jerseys. There was a Sports Fanatic store at the Tanger Outlets on US 17 that had some hockey stuff (jersey tees for Crosby, Kane, and Ovechkin as well as Bruins Stanley Cup gear) but beyond that, the wife's plan to replace her Cole jersey hit the skids.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anton H Christ View Post
What is this treachery you speak of?

Also
Freddie Freeman ftw.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tarheelhockey View Post
Whoa wait what now?
http://www.newsobserver.com/2011/07/...e-sold-to.html is what I speak of. Bojangles is being sold to a Boston private equity firm.[/URL]is what I speak of. Bojangles is being sold to a Boston private equity firm.

Quote:

BTW, Just went to the Tilted Kilt in Atlanta... Holy Cow, MUCH better uniforms than any other restaurant... Slutty catholic school girl outfits
The Flying Saucer also does that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anton Bomb View Post
It's not a must-see by any stretch. It depends on how far you can stretch your imagination, I suppose. I was fine watching until one particular plot device and then my brain got in the way of enjoying the movie.

Don't want to give too much away, but the aliens are stupid. Not that they look stupid or anything like that, but they're stupid...mentally. Their reasons, their actions, they're stupid.

EDIT: And to add somewhat unrelated - The next "must-see-because-it's-so-bad" movie:

Old
07-31-2011, 06:34 PM
Oogie Boogie

Quote:
Originally Posted by AntonFromAppState View Post
I've been playing the hell out of tf2 lately. My stats are like 10 hours of Heavy with 30 minutes or less of everything else.
hahaha
I've got like 7 hours on Heavy.
My lowest is like 4 hours on Sniper, 4 hours 25 minutes on Engineer

My Highest is Soldier at 11 hours

Won't lie. I only started playing when it become Free-to-play.
I REALLY wish I had picked this up WAY sooner.

Old
07-31-2011, 06:39 PM
Boom Boom Anton

Quote:

Is it similar to the flying saucer?

BTW.....Packer fan here..still enjoying the glow of beating the Steelers in the SB

EDIT: BTW SVT, I FINALLY made it to the Tribeca Tavern a couple of weekends ago with my wife. Was a little pricey, but the burger was awesome and we had a great time. I didn't know that they were owned by the same group that owns the Red Room on Glenwood (which is one of our favorite places).

Last edited by Boom Boom Anton: 07-31-2011 at 06:45 PM.
Old
07-31-2011, 06:54 PM
What the Faulk
The Real Swede Shady

Random observation: watching Kitchen Nightmares, they had an episode that was filmed in Boca Raton and involved the Florida Panthers facing the Miami Dolphins and Miami Heat in a pizza makin contest. Randy Moller made the comment "we wanted to make [the pizza] successful just like our Panthers!" I laughed.

Old
07-31-2011, 09:56 PM
Brock Anton
Deal with it.

Oh yeah! Orioles suck yeah! Nick Swisher is a total tool yeah!

Good riddance Derrek Pee.

Old
08-01-2011, 03:30 AM
Great Wall of Allen
SCanedinavian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tavex View Post
hahaha
I've got like 7 hours on Heavy.
My lowest is like 4 hours on Sniper, 4 hours 25 minutes on Engineer

My Highest is Soldier at 11 hours

Won't lie. I only started playing when it become Free-to-play.
I REALLY wish I had picked this up WAY sooner.
TF2 is too awesome, have clocked about 280 hours of it to date, and most of them with the engie. What servers do you guys play on?

Closed Thread