HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Carolina Hurricanes
Notices

Canes Board Lounge Part III

Closed Thread

Old
06-18-2011, 09:47 PM
Brock Anton
Deal with it.

vCash: 500
Well, at least I can say that I will see the Stanley Cup.

Going to a Sox game tomorrow and before the game the Bruins are going to be there with the Cup.

Run onto the field and punch Lucic?

Old
06-18-2011, 09:49 PM
Blueline Bomber
Expectations - high

My newest creation. I've been wanted to put a picture of the RBC in front of a hurricane/tornado/whathaveyou for a while now, but could never get the right picture for either the RBC or the storm. This one worked on some level, but it's got the Stanley Cup banner on the RBC. And the light from the sun on the left of the building doesn't work out perfectly.

I put the picture slightly out of focus, both to make it seem like it was a shot taken from a camera, and to give the illusion of rain coming down. Didn't quite work out as planned, but it's getting there.

Ideally, I'd like for something like this:

Over the RBC. Maybe more dark blue/gray/black than the blue in the picture, but I think that'd look cool.

Old
06-19-2011, 11:12 PM
Brock Anton
Deal with it.

Worst. Thing. Ever.

Surrounded by tools (frontrunners), all cheering as loud as ******* possible and Chara and co. ride around on those stupid duckboats with the Cup. What confirmed to me that frontrunners were in the area was when a guy wearing a Thomas jersey sitting next to me asked me what sport the player on my shirt played. (I was wearing my Staal T-shirt). I prentended to not hear him.

Then they played that Black and Yellow song by Wiz Khalifa, when did I land in Pittsburgh?

And Lucic's nose is bigger than I originally thought. Thing should have its own capital.

Old
06-20-2011, 12:09 PM
Blueline Bomber
Expectations - high

Lucic or Marchand?

Old
06-20-2011, 12:38 PM
Brock Anton
Deal with it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anton Bomb View Post
Lucic or Marchand?
Lucic. Didn't see Marchand that well.

Old
06-21-2011, 12:23 AM
Blueline Bomber
Expectations - high

Since I'm pretty sure this was touched on in the last OT thread, I'll bring it up again here:

Twitter accounts - Who should I have? I think I've got the ones for all the NHL teams (though I'm not sure if I've got the right Jets one), in addition to NHL and the NHLPA. I've got Forslund, Luke, Chip, Branecky, and Sundheim for Canes coverage stuff. BobbyMac, Dreger, Duthie, LeBrun, Gord Miller, Burnside and Kypreos for league news.

And for players/former players: Aaron Ward, Kevin Weekes, Mike Cammalleri, David Perron, Bryzgalov, BizNasty, Brian Gionta, Max Pac, John Carlson, JVR, Bobby Ryan, Max Talbot, Jordan Tootoo, Rob Schremp, Jeremy Roenick, Ryan Whitney, Zach Boychuk, and Mike Murphy.

Oh, and Greg Wyshynski just in case there's something I missed when the above tweet

And what's the deal with Daimen Cox? I've heard mixed reviews about him. Most just say he's full of ****, but a lot of the analysts are following him.

Old
06-21-2011, 05:48 AM
What the Faulk
The Real Swede Shady

Mike commodore. Dan connor is also pretty hilarious, and ryan kalil has been candid, but obviouly they aren't hockey related.

Old
06-21-2011, 06:26 AM
Gotta Catch Em Staal
All Aboard

Quote:
And what's the deal with Daimen Cox? I've heard mixed reviews about him. Most just say he's full of ****, but a lot of the analysts are following him.
If you want streams of tweets about how there are around 3,000 people at the game and Carolina doesn't deserve a team whenever the Leafs play here, then he's a good guy to follow.

Old
06-21-2011, 10:54 AM
Finlandia WOAT
Do U Like Quebec?

Damien Cox was the guy who was blasting Carolina back in 2009 when the Blackhawks-'Canes game only got around 2000 people.

When it was pointed out to him that there was 3 inches of solid ice and snow on the freeway that everyone used to get to the arena, and the Governor had declared a state of emergency and urged everyone to stay off of the roads, he responded with something along the lines of "Those people are p***ies, I drive in far worse conditions everyday to work!!!"

Essentially, if you want the drivel of every idiotic Canadian nationalist on these boards condensed into 140 characters or less, then Cox is great to follow.

Old
06-21-2011, 10:56 AM
Blueline Bomber
Expectations - high

Thanks. Got a couple more names going off of Commodore's.

So the official Jets twitter account, I'd have to imagine it's "NHLWinnipeg" right? I mean, I hope it's not. Whoever's got control of that account is completely unprofessional. Every other official account of an NHL team, it's always messages about how "a player from that team will be in some location tomorrow" or "Join the draft party here" and so on.

A recent tweet by the Jets account:

Quote:
@NHLWinnipeg Winnipeg Jets
HAHAHAHA...the NHL and all these property development scams using tax payers money....Westgate Coyotes' town in pre-foreclosure...Hah!!

Though now that I think about it, if they never announced the name of the team, they wouldn't have the account stating the team name, yeah?

Old
06-21-2011, 11:52 AM
tarheelhockey
Global Moderator

That's definitely not the team Twitter. Note that there isn't an NHLCarolina, NHLToronto, etc either. It's just a fan who jumped on the name early.

What's really sickening about that one is that he is just reveling in the Coyotes' situation even though he no longer has any self-interest in it. Even with Winnipeg having a team, he is flat-out cheering for the Coyotes (and by extension their fanbase) to go down in ashes.

Old
06-21-2011, 11:59 AM
Blueline Bomber
Expectations - high

Yeah, try mentioning that and he/she will claim that they're simply interested in the business aspect of the NHL. And that you wouldn't understand that all NHL news is big news in Canada, because you're not Canadian.

Conveniently ignoring the fact that all he discussed was the Coyotes business.

Old
06-21-2011, 12:15 PM
Guerzy
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 50
The Official twitter account for the new team is NHLinWpg.

http://twitter.com/#!/NHLinWpg

As this tweet from June 20 indicates,

Quote:
NHLinWpg NHL in Winnipeg
@Driveto13 has become @NHLinWpg the official NHL team twitter account

06-21-2011, 12:30 PM
Blueline Bomber
Expectations - high

Thanks Guerzy

Old
06-22-2011, 11:22 PM
Brock Anton
Deal with it.

Stock car racing: Official sport of NC.

Old
06-22-2011, 11:29 PM
Big Daddy Cane
#UndoNewStorm

I just dropped $750 on a TV.

Old
06-23-2011, 01:54 AM
Blueline Bomber
Expectations - high

So I know it's early, but job-hunting's been slow and I've had very little else to do. So I've given some thought about possible board avatars for next year.

Right now, I'm working on some revolving around the common "luck" statements that are attached to Carolina.

The first part will be a picture of a "lucky" event (say Brindamour raising the Cup) with a border around it saying something like "Lucky Cup" at the top and "06" in the bottom left. Top left will be an item typically associated with luck (Clover, Horseshoe, etc).

The second part will simply replace the item with the Hurricanes logo and the picture with "Luckiest. Franchise. Ever."

And if I can fit it in avatar form, I'd love for a third frame to simply be a quote about making your own luck or something similar to that.

So as a mock-up, something like this:

Though obviously with more effort put into it.

I think the idea has some merit to it, as we could do one with Ward making a "lucky save", or have "lucky officiating", "lucky post", or "lucky injuries". My only concern is not having enough lucky symbols, as after a clover, a horseshoe, and a rabbit's foot, I'm drawing a blank on any good luck ones. Bad luck, plenty. Good luck, not so much.

Old
06-23-2011, 11:28 AM
halleJOKEL
strong as brickwall

Could re-use symbols.

Old
06-23-2011, 12:12 PM
garnetpalmetto
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anton Bomb View Post
So I know it's early, but job-hunting's been slow and I've had very little else to do. So I've given some thought about possible board avatars for next year.

Right now, I'm working on some revolving around the common "luck" statements that are attached to Carolina.

The first part will be a picture of a "lucky" event (say Brindamour raising the Cup) with a border around it saying something like "Lucky Cup" at the top and "06" in the bottom left. Top left will be an item typically associated with luck (Clover, Horseshoe, etc).

The second part will simply replace the item with the Hurricanes logo and the picture with "Luckiest. Franchise. Ever."

And if I can fit it in avatar form, I'd love for a third frame to simply be a quote about making your own luck or something similar to that.

So as a mock-up, something like this:

Though obviously with more effort put into it.

I think the idea has some merit to it, as we could do one with Ward making a "lucky save", or have "lucky officiating", "lucky post", or "lucky injuries". My only concern is not having enough lucky symbols, as after a clover, a horseshoe, and a rabbit's foot, I'm drawing a blank on any good luck ones. Bad luck, plenty. Good luck, not so much.
You could use bad luck events that have happened to *other* teams to get some more mileage out of it (examples would be Koivu's eye injury, Roloson's knee injury, Jussi's last second goal)

As for other good luck symbols:

-wishbone
-right-turning conch shell
-endless knot
-pair of golden fish
-lotus flower
-parasol
-urn
-wheel of law

You could also go for a few gambling related "luck" references - a slot machine, roulette wheel, poker hand, etc.

Old
06-23-2011, 01:31 PM
tarheelhockey
Global Moderator

Get lucky.

Old
06-24-2011, 08:55 AM
garnetpalmetto
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarheelhockey View Post

Get lucky.
I'll say one thing - if Tlusty's hockey career doesn't pan out, he's a shoe-in to portray Gene Simmons in a KISS cover band.

Old
06-24-2011, 03:27 PM
tarheelhockey
Global Moderator

You know who has a weirdly quiet board? The Blues. It's like pin-drop silence over there during the summer.

Old
06-25-2011, 05:36 AM
Great Wall of Allen
SCanedinavian

Can anybody tell me how far in advance tickets for Canes games normally go on sale? There's a home game scheduled for when I'm over in NC so wanted to get tickets as soon as possible.

Old
06-25-2011, 06:04 AM
DaveG
Mod Supervisor
RIP Kev

vCash: 1832
Quote:
Originally Posted by theobald View Post
Can anybody tell me how far in advance tickets for Canes games normally go on sale? There's a home game scheduled for when I'm over in NC so wanted to get tickets as soon as possible.
Usually a few weeks in advance. They're almost always available to STHs well before they're available to the general public and there are quite a few of us on the board that are STHs, so probably safest to have one of us go ahead and snag the tix for you if it's a big game (Buffalo, Pittsburgh, Washington, Boston, Philly, Detroit)

Old
06-25-2011, 06:49 AM
Great Wall of Allen
SCanedinavian

cheers for the info, the game is against Ottawa on the 25th of october which is a tuesday, don't know how likely that is to sell out?

Closed Thread