HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Carolina Hurricanes
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Canes Board Lounge Part III

Closed Thread

Old
09-03-2011, 08:34 PM
Blueline Bomber
Expectations - high

vCash: 500
East Carolina apparently learned nothing from their play last year. Great first half, collapse in the second half. They still can't stop the run and they still can't run the ball.

Old
09-03-2011, 10:07 PM
HisIceness
Michal Jordan

UGA is one overrated bunch. That is all.

Old
09-03-2011, 11:01 PM
Sens1Canes2

Quote:
Originally Posted by HisIceness View Post
UGA is one overrated bunch. That is all.
That remains to be seen. However, Boise is THAT damn good.

Old
09-03-2011, 11:06 PM
Finlandia WOAT
Do U Like Quebec?

Mike Glennon ****ing sucks.

That is all.

Old
09-04-2011, 01:16 AM
Sasha Cares
28 mph!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anton 2nd Pick View Post
Mike Glennon ****ing sucks.

That is all.
I'm not happy with his performance at all, but RW had a worse start to his career... Let's see where it goes

Old
09-04-2011, 01:57 AM
vwg*
Scoring Not Allowed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anton Bomb View Post
East Carolina apparently learned nothing from their play last year. Great first half, collapse in the second half. They still can't stop the run and they still can't run the ball.
Your boys put up a great effort tonight though. I think in the end, depth won it for South Carolina, but ECU's starters will be able to hang with a lot of teams.

Dominique Davis is the real deal; he was awesome tonight. I was also very impressed by #1, the WR for ECU.

ECU definitely has work to do on defense this year yet again, but any team that can put up 37 points against one of the better defenses of the SEC has a chance to be successful in the CUSA. They definitely performed A LOT better than I expected them to.

Old
09-04-2011, 02:38 AM
Blueline Bomber
Expectations - high

If it only happened against teams outside the conference, I could buy the depth excuse. But it's a weekly thing for the team, regardless of opponent (at least, it was last year and it doesn't appear to have changed this year).

ECU always plays really well in the first half, then runs straight into the ground in the second. There's usually a variety of reasons for it. Most often, it's an underestimating of ECU combined with a few turnovers, allowing an ECU lead. Then the second half comes around, the opponents start playing like they should have been playing from the opening kickoff, and the game isn't close from that point onward.

Like I said, any team that can't stop the run should finish the year with zero wins. Especially if they can't run the ball themselves, at least, not without inexplicably having 3 consecutive drives with 3 consecutive fumbles.

Old
09-04-2011, 03:33 AM
Carolinas Identity
This is ARRGH State!

Quote:
If it only happened against teams outside the conference, I could buy the depth excuse. But it's a weekly thing for the team, regardless of opponent (at least, it was last year and it doesn't appear to have changed this year).

ECU always plays really well in the first half, then runs straight into the ground in the second. There's usually a variety of reasons for it. Most often, it's an underestimating of ECU combined with a few turnovers, allowing an ECU lead. Then the second half comes around, the opponents start playing like they should have been playing from the opening kickoff, and the game isn't close from that point onward.

Like I said, any team that can't stop the run should finish the year with zero wins. Especially if they can't run the ball themselves, at least, not without inexplicably having 3 consecutive drives with 3 consecutive fumbles.
I agree with most of that, but the other side of the coin is that we had the #12 school in the country on the ropes for almost two thirds of the game and shot ourselves in the foot and couldnt recover. I was expecting us to get white washed but instead we put up 37 on one of the best teamsin the country, and went the distance. Giving up as many points as we did in the 3rd was dishearting, especially as I was preparing to celebrate loud enough you'd have heard me in Greenville from Calgary but I give a lot of props to the team for even making it interesting. And if we can play this well against the Gamecocks, I've no doubt we'll run over the Hokies next week =)

GO PIRATES!!

Old
09-04-2011, 06:30 AM
DaveG
Mod Supervisor
RIP Kev

vCash: 2498
LSU looks legit after last night.

Looking forward to gameday in Morgantown now, assuming both take care of business from here out.

Old
09-04-2011, 09:03 AM
Chicago Made Punk
You're Gonna Go Far

vCash: 446
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anton 2nd Pick View Post
Our O-Line ****ing sucks.

That is all.
Fixed. Glennon had no time to do anything all game and still got into a rhythm and made some solid throws.

Old
09-04-2011, 09:48 AM
Anton H Christ
ruh-roh corvo

As a gamecocks fan I can say at first I was scared, but then Garcia was like

Old
09-04-2011, 10:06 AM
What the Faulk
The Real Swede Shady

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hurricane Anton View Post
That michigan team SUCKED... a great win for ASU, but JMU over VT was a MUCH bigger upset, sorry... JMU beat a team that won the ACC... ASU beat a non bowl team... Preseason rankings are garbage
That Michigan team rebounded to finish 9 and 4 and beat Florida in a bowl game. Appalchian State also lost 2 FCS games that year and lucked their way out of a first round playoff upset.

VT was 0 and 2 at one point before running through a terrble ACC and got crushed by Stanford in a bowl game.

Apps upset is one of the greatest of all time. JMU's was great as well, but more fitting on the term "miracle" considering they finished that season 6 and 5.

Old
09-04-2011, 10:43 AM
Blueline Bomber
Expectations - high

Quote:
Originally Posted by HurricaneInCalgary View Post
And if we can play this well against the Gamecocks, I've no doubt we'll run over the Hokies next week =)
I doubt that. We've played VTech enough that they're not one that'll underestimate ECU. Especially after blocking their punt and winning the game a couple years earlier.

Old
09-04-2011, 11:36 AM
Finlandia WOAT
Do U Like Quebec?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anton the Great View Post
Fixed. Glennon had no time to do anything all game and still got into a rhythm and made some solid throws.
They both suck for that matter.

At least our defense came up with some great turnovers, after which all Glennon had to do was hand off the ball to Underwood (who played very well) or Washington (who was alright I guess).

I hope they can provide better starts against Wake Forest (especially since I am going to that game), but Glennon's lack of mobility (not compared to RW, compared to other QB's) was very concerning to me.

Last edited by Finlandia WOAT: 09-04-2011 at 01:17 PM.
Old
09-04-2011, 01:12 PM
Carolinas Identity
This is ARRGH State!

Quote:
I doubt that. We've played VTech enough that they're not one that'll underestimate ECU. Especially after blocking their punt and winning the game a couple years earlier.
Granted, but we just need to not turn the ball over. VT is always overrated, and while they're probably a better team than ECU, it's not by much.

Old
09-04-2011, 02:00 PM
Blueline Bomber
Expectations - high

Yeah, how'd that whole "Not turning the ball over" thing work last night?

Old
09-04-2011, 02:04 PM
Carolinas Identity
This is ARRGH State!

Quote:
Yeah, how'd that whole "Not turning the ball over" thing work last night?
touché. Although, the Hokies won't be all over us like the Gamecocks were. Two completley different defences. ie one has talent =)

Old
09-04-2011, 04:40 PM
Brock Anton
Deal with it.

Hopefully Demps and Rainey can do that against the likes of Tennessee, Georgia and Auburn instead of Florida Atlantic. I don't believe I've ever seen the two look so good.

Still not sold on Brantley though, hopefully he proves me wrong. If he can't produce in Weis' offense (which is tailor made to his skillset) I can confirm that he blows.

Old
09-04-2011, 05:55 PM
Blueline Bomber
Expectations - high

In case anyone was considering it, do yourself a favor and don't go see Apollo 18.

I came into the movie with very low expectations and it still failed to live up to them.

Old
09-04-2011, 06:04 PM
DaveG
Mod Supervisor
RIP Kev

vCash: 2498
Quote:
In case anyone was considering it, do yourself a favor and don't go see Apollo 18.

I came into the movie with very low expectations and it still failed to live up to them.
Anything built on the premise of a covered up Apollo mission, considering that it would involve silencing hundreds of spectators which was the case for any NASA launch at the time, automatically gets a massive facepalm and fail from me.

Old
09-04-2011, 06:06 PM
Chicago Made Punk
You're Gonna Go Far

vCash: 446
Going to see Shark Night 3D soon for teh lulz.

Old
09-04-2011, 06:16 PM
Blueline Bomber
Expectations - high

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveG View Post
Anything built on the premise of a covered up Apollo mission, considering that it would involve silencing hundreds of spectators which was the case for any NASA launch at the time, automatically gets a massive facepalm and fail from me.
Think Blair Witch Project in space. Except instead of the camera shaking, you just get loud screeching and hissing from interference between communications from the moon and Houston.

Old
09-04-2011, 06:16 PM
Brock Anton
Deal with it.

RIP Lee Roy Selmon. Greatest Buc ever.

Old
09-06-2011, 09:59 AM
Joe McGrath

Has anyone ever played against an EASHL character in a men's league(or whatever) game. This kid played defense like a forward did nothing but try to dangle all across the ice, kept putting the puck between his legs and constantly tried to take the weird nonsensical pull back wrister. Has anyone else ever seen this?

Old
09-06-2011, 10:05 AM
Oogie Boogie

I never really played much of the EASHL.

Most of the time when I've played online
Everyone had some 10 foot guy skating around on the ice at blazing speeds with very stupid names.

Closed Thread