HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Carolina Hurricanes
Notices

Canes Board Lounge Part III

Closed Thread

Old
09-06-2011, 10:18 AM
Joe McGrath

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tavex View Post
I never really played much of the EASHL.

Most of the time when I've played online
Everyone had some 10 foot guy skating around on the ice at blazing speeds with very stupid names.
I don't play it very often, usually like 10 games a year before I realize 95% of people play like I described above.

Old
09-06-2011, 11:31 AM
Oogie Boogie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe McGrath View Post
I don't play it very often, usually like 10 games a year before I realize 95% of people play like I described above.
Haha I never played against people like that.
Most of the time they just want to hit people over, and over, and over, and over. Draw about 100 penalties per game or so.

When they are in control of the puck they just move around and shoot randomly towards the net.

I've mostly just stuck to playing Goalie if I ever play online.

Old
09-07-2011, 06:03 AM
tarheelhockey
Global Moderator

God, baseball season is boring. I really WANT to be into the Braves this year. They're playing a series against the Phillies which should in theory be an exciting run-up to the end of the season. Then I look at the standings and they're 7.5 games up on the wild card and 9.5 games back on the Phillies. It's like, why even bother until October.

Old
09-07-2011, 07:36 AM
What the Faulk
The Real Swede Shady

Yeah, most of the MLB races kinda suck this year.

Old
09-07-2011, 09:31 AM
Carolinas Identity
#freehope

There's only two races left really. And even Red Sox//Yankees isn't getting me excited. Nevermind Rangers//Angels. Why can't they just forgo the last 20 games haha =)

Old
09-08-2011, 10:26 PM
Chicago Made Punk
You're Gonna Go Far

vCash: 446
This is what can happen when you play a 162 game schedule.

Old
09-08-2011, 11:17 PM
Carolinas Identity
#freehope

Completley off topic, but if any of you guys like old videos games and what not, episode 1 of me and my cousin's new web show is out =)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eHXV9rfC2jk

(I'm the guy with long hair//Red Ninja)

Flame away haha

Old
09-08-2011, 11:48 PM
Boom Boom Anton

If the rest of the NFL season is as exciting as tonight's game, we are in for a treat. I realize that we haven't see other teams, but the Saints and Packers offense's are so potent. Aaron "Brett Favre wannabe" Rogers looks even better than last year and Brees was outstanding. Defense was optional, but I'd rather see a game like this than a 17-10 game.

Can't wait for Sunday.

Old
09-09-2011, 12:34 AM
Blueline Bomber
Expectations - high

Maybe it got exciting later on in the game, but from what I watched, Green Bay's victory was never in doubt. New Orleans may have kept the score close, but when defense is optional, a two-touchdown lead is a death sentence.

Now to check if Green Bay actually won the game. Something I probably should have done before posting the above.

Old
09-09-2011, 05:55 AM
Boom Boom Anton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anton Bomb View Post
Maybe it got exciting later on in the game, but from what I watched, Green Bay's victory was never in doubt. New Orleans may have kept the score close, but when defense is optional, a two-touchdown lead is a death sentence.

Now to check if Green Bay actually won the game. Something I probably should have done before posting the above.
Well, N.O. got within a touchdown a couple of times, included getting stopped on the final play of the game on the 1 yd line (granted..they would have had to make the 2pt conv. as well)....so the game was definitely up for grabs through-out. Especially because N.O. had the momentum for a while until they went for it on 4th down in the 3rd period.

I watched the game with about 20 guys and all of them (none of which were Packer or Saints fans) commented about how exciting the game was. Lot's of scoring, back and forth, punt return for a touchdown, longest kickoff return in NFL history, etc.. I'll take that over a 10-7 defensive struggle any day of the week.

Last edited by Boom Boom Anton: 09-09-2011 at 06:09 AM.
Old
09-09-2011, 10:37 AM
HisIceness
Michal Jordan

I don't like the new kick-off rule. There are going to be a lot of touchbacks this season.

Old
09-09-2011, 10:40 AM
Vagrant
The Czech Condor

Send a message via AIM to Vagrant
Quote:
Originally Posted by HisIceness View Post
I don't like the new kick-off rule. There are going to be a lot of touchbacks this season.
I think that was the point to be honest. The speed of players is never more prevalent than when they get 40 yards or more to gain speed and slam into each other. After virtually every play in those situations you see a player down on the field. It just isn't worth the risk. I like hard nosed football as much as the next guy, but when you have two superhuman cyborgs flying at each other like that it's not good for anybody's brain.

Old
09-09-2011, 10:52 AM
Blueline Bomber
Expectations - high

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boom Boom Anton View Post
Well, N.O. got within a touchdown a couple of times, included getting stopped on the final play of the game on the 1 yd line (granted..they would have had to make the 2pt conv. as well)....so the game was definitely up for grabs through-out. Especially because N.O. had the momentum for a while until they went for it on 4th down in the 3rd period.

I watched the game with about 20 guys and all of them (none of which were Packer or Saints fans) commented about how exciting the game was. Lot's of scoring, back and forth, punt return for a touchdown, longest kickoff return in NFL history, etc.. I'll take that over a 10-7 defensive struggle any day of the week.
Yeah, like I said, it got more exciting later in the game. I watched the first quarter, and it looked like Green Bay was putting on a clinic on offense. Then after that, USA had season finales of two of my favorite shows, so I flipped channels that way.

Old
09-09-2011, 11:14 AM
Boom Boom Anton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anton Bomb View Post
Yeah, like I said, it got more exciting later in the game. I watched the first quarter, and it looked like Green Bay was putting on a clinic on offense. Then after that, USA had season finales of two of my favorite shows, so I flipped channels that way.
I didn't realize that you only watched 1 quarter when you made your original comments about the game. I personally thought the first quarter was exciting as well, but whatever, each to their own.

Old
09-09-2011, 01:07 PM
Gotta Catch Em Staal
All Aboard

09-10-2011, 03:24 PM
What the Faulk
The Real Swede Shady

Any team vs. Wake at -1.5 should have been a sure thing. Right?

Old
09-10-2011, 03:55 PM
Chicago Made Punk
You're Gonna Go Far

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Great Anton View Post
Any team vs. Wake at -1.5 should have been a sure thing. Right?
No. Wake Forest is a talented team who runs a good offense. They dominated a team that won a bowl last year in Syracuse for three quarters until Price got hurt.

State's not a very good team, if that's the point you're trying to make. Losing Russell Wilson and Nate Irving will do that to a team.

Old
09-10-2011, 04:03 PM
What the Faulk
The Real Swede Shady

Wake is a pretty awful team. That's the point I was trying to make.

Old
09-10-2011, 04:23 PM
Chicago Made Punk
You're Gonna Go Far

Quote:
Wake is a pretty awful team. That's the point I was trying to make.
No, they aren't. This isn't the same Wake team as last year as all.

Old
09-10-2011, 04:30 PM
What the Faulk
The Real Swede Shady

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anton the Great View Post
No, they aren't. This isn't the same Wake team as last year as all.
Why's that? They're not really facing a defense today. And Cuse is struggling vs FCS Rhode Island.

Old
09-10-2011, 04:48 PM
Chicago Made Punk
You're Gonna Go Far

Quote:
Why's that? They're not really facing a defense today. And Cuse is struggling vs FCS Rhode Island.
They are facing a good defense today.

The problem is that they are facing an atrocious offense. Their offense is good, no doubt about it. The defense is mediocre, but as a whole they aren't "a pretty awful team"

Old
09-10-2011, 04:57 PM
What the Faulk
The Real Swede Shady

Who's got a good defense? URI or State? Because at this point it looks about even. I might be able to throw for 300 or get open for 100 today in Winston-Salem

Old
09-10-2011, 05:03 PM
Chicago Made Punk
You're Gonna Go Far

Quote:
Who's got a good defense? URI or State? Because at this point it looks about even. I might be able to throw for 300 or get open for 100 today in Winston-Salem
State has a good defense. It's true. We're without three of our four starters on the defensive line, and the groups still doing on OK job. Manning/Cole/whoever make up one of the best linebacker groups in the ACC, and the secondary is solid with Wolff (stud), Amerson (usually good, getting torched today), CJ Wilson, and for whatever reason our other safety's name escapes me.

It's not a great defense, but it's a pretty good one. Wake is flat out playing well on offense.

Old
09-10-2011, 05:13 PM
What the Faulk
The Real Swede Shady

Are we watching the same game? Wakes guys are open by like 30 yards. Granted they've stuffed the run, but they're getting passed on at will. They may be decent on paper but they haven't shown it today.

And didn't they give up like 17 to FCS Leigh last week? Leigh is in the Sun Belt of the FCS.

Old
09-10-2011, 05:58 PM
Chicago Made Punk
You're Gonna Go Far

Quote:
Are we watching the same game? Wakes guys are open by like 30 yards. Granted they've stuffed the run, but they're getting passed on at will. They may be decent on paper but they haven't shown it today.

And didn't they give up like 17 to FCS Leigh last week? Leigh is in the Sun Belt of the FCS.
No, they played Liberty and gave up ten offensive points. Liberty's QB is the two-time defending conference player of the year and they also have two outstanding wide receivers.

Closed Thread