HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Carolina Hurricanes
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Canes Board Lounge Part III

Closed Thread

Old
09-23-2011, 06:34 AM
DaveG
Mod Supervisor
Trick Daddy

vCash: 2498
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anton Bomb View Post
Yeah, I saw that too. I'm not much of a science guy, so what exactly are the ramifications of this?

Seriously, unless science tells me it can prove the world will end in 24 hours, the whole thing just flies right over my head. I'm sure it's got something to do with the whole left brain/right brain development thing.
If what is claimed with the results of that experiment turn out to be true, we've discovered that neutrinos don't have to obey the Theory of Special Relativity (E = mc^2). What's huge is that it's theoretically impossible to travel faster then the speed of light, which is exactly what these things did, and that opens us up to a whole slew of other questions.

I have a friend here at Duke that works for a similar project over in Japan and we spent about an hour talking about it last night. Just crazy stuff, although as he said it's gotta be verified now.

Old
09-23-2011, 07:53 AM
Boom Boom Anton

vCash: 500
FYI..came out yesterday, but another ranking that is positive for Raleigh. Business week ranks Raleigh as #1 city to live in.

http://images.businessweek.com/slide...ties/slides/51

Given the criteria they used, it's not too surprising.

Quote:
With assistance from Bloomberg Rankings, Businessweek.com evaluated 100 of the country’s largest cities based on 16 criteria, which include: the number of restaurants, bars, and museums per capita; the number of colleges, libraries, and professional sports teams; the income, poverty, unemployment, crime, and foreclosure rates; percent of population with bachelor’s degrees, public school performance, park acres per 1,000 residents, and air quality. Greater weighting was placed on recreational amenities such as parks, bars, restaurants, and museums, and on educational attainment, school performance, poverty, and air quality.

Old
09-23-2011, 09:11 AM
tarheelhockey
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by HisIceness View Post
What gaming console do you all have? Anyone have NHL whatever year for the Wii? How is that?
I don't know about NHL, but I tried a Madden game on Wii once and it was one of the most un-fun video games I've ever played.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hurricane Anton View Post
The hell?

Old
09-23-2011, 10:28 AM
Blueline Bomber
Expectations - high

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarheelhockey View Post
The hell?
Didn't watch the game, but I'm assuming both were attempting to fake an injury to stop the clock. Smart move if only one does it. Completely idiotic if both do it.

Old
09-23-2011, 10:40 AM
Boom Boom Anton

Quote:
Didn't watch the game, but I'm assuming both were attempting to fake an injury to stop the clock. Smart move if only one does it. Completely idiotic if both do it.
What's worse is that he was interviewed about faking the injury after the game, and was upset that someone would think he was faking, and told them how his right knee was hurting and swollen, yet when he fell he was holding his left knee.

Old
09-23-2011, 10:56 AM
DaveG
Mod Supervisor
Trick Daddy

vCash: 2498
Quote:
Yep, it was all over talk radio the next day.

Old
09-23-2011, 10:59 AM
What the Faulk
The Real Swede Shady

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarheelhockey View Post
I don't know about NHL, but I tried a Madden game on Wii once and it was one of the most un-fun video games I've ever played.
Most definitely agreed. IMO only reason to get a Wii at this point is for the new Zelda, DK and Mario titles. I dont know how good they are, but I'm a sucker for those franchises.

Old
09-23-2011, 02:04 PM
tarheelhockey
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Great Anton View Post
Most definitely agreed. IMO only reason to get a Wii at this point is for the new Zelda, DK and Mario titles. I dont know how good they are, but I'm a sucker for those franchises.
Mario Kart is pretty solid on Wii, I'll give them that.

Old
09-23-2011, 02:30 PM
Anton Dubinchuk
Danny Markov

vCash: 1505
Quote:
Twilight Princess was ridiculously good...

Old
09-23-2011, 03:10 PM
What the Faulk
The Real Swede Shady

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anton Dubinchuk View Post
Twilight Princess was ridiculously good...
Yeah...I played through that one and most of Mario Galaxy a few years ago. Both great.

Damn now I want a wii

Old
09-23-2011, 05:18 PM
Anton Dubinchuk
Danny Markov

vCash: 1505
Anton 2nd Pick

You forgot to submit your keepers for our league and the draft is tomorrow. Please submit them to me by FB, HF, email, league page, whatever, by 4 o'clock tomorrow or I'll be forced to pick your keeper (and trust me, you don't want that ).

Old
09-23-2011, 07:06 PM
Carolinas Identity
This is ARRGH State!

vCash: 50
Quote:
Yeah...I played through that one and most of Mario Galaxy a few years ago. Both great.

Damn now I want a wii
Don't forget Other M was arguably the best game ever made =)

Old
09-26-2011, 10:53 PM
Sens1Canes2

Cowboys baby...

Despite playing with a functionally retarded center and fighting the refs, Romo still pulls it out. Boy can play QB.

Old
09-27-2011, 07:29 AM
Boom Boom Anton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sens1Canes2 View Post
Cowboys baby...

Despite playing with a functionally retarded center and fighting the refs, Romo still pulls it out. Boy can play QB.
I had to turn it off after the first half. One of the more boring games I've seen (field goal exhibition) up until that point. Like watching a 1-0 pitcher's duel in baseball. Yes..the baseball purist will point out how much he loved watching a game like that, but give me amp'd up Mark McGuire and Sammy Sosa hitting them out of the park.

Good for Romo though. I dislike the Cowboys, but after taking the heat he took in week 1, good to seem him bounce back these last 2 weeks.

Old
09-27-2011, 09:37 AM
Carolinas Identity
This is ARRGH State!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boom Boom Anton View Post
Good for Romo though. I dislike the Cowboys, but after taking the heat he took in week 1, good to seem him bounce back these last 2 weeks.
22/36 for 255 yards no TD and a pick, all while leading his team to 3/13 (23%) on 3rd down and 0/3 in the red zone....

Ya. He had a great game

Old
09-27-2011, 09:53 AM
Boom Boom Anton

Quote:
Originally Posted by HurricaneInCalgary View Post
22/36 for 255 yards no TD and a pick, all while leading his team to 3/13 (23%) on 3rd down and 0/3 in the red zone....

Ya. He had a great game
I realize you are being somewhat sarcastic, but I never said he had a great game. In week 1, his play was the reason the Cowboys lost. But he put that behind him, bounced back the last two weeks under some very trying circumstances (broken rib, without some of his best weapons, a young (and not very good) offensive line, etc...) to lead his team to victory.

I dislike the Cowboys and am not a Romo fan, but I can also give credit where it is due.

Old
09-27-2011, 07:18 PM
Sens1Canes2

Quote:
Originally Posted by HurricaneInCalgary View Post

Ya. He had a great game
I think I'll go with the NFL analysts over your opinion in regards to Romo's performance last night. Methinks you may not have watched the game because:

1. About half of the Cowboys third-down attempts were runs (resulting in me throwing things at the TV).

2. The Cowboys' O-line once again allowed way too much pressure

3. Romo's receiving corps ran the wrong routes multiple times

4. The center kept snapping the ball too early, resulting in multiple broken plays.

Again, I'll take the experts' analysis.

Quick fact - Romo has the 3rd best passer rating in the 4th quarter since 2008. His label as a "choker" is way, way off.

Old
09-27-2011, 10:41 PM
Oogie Boogie

Cowboys are overrated

Old
09-28-2011, 06:14 AM
Boom Boom Anton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tavex View Post
Cowboys are overrated

The Cowboys are 11th in ESPNs lastest power rankings with votes anywhere from 10th to 15th (and they were 16th prior to the season starting). Given the parity in NFL these days, I'd say that's about right so I wouldn't say they are overrated.

The teams in the 10-20 range are pretty interchangeable this early in the season IMO.

Old
09-28-2011, 06:48 AM
Sens1Canes2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boom Boom Anton View Post
The Cowboys are 11th in ESPNs lastest power rankings with votes anywhere from 10th to 15th (and they were 16th prior to the season starting).

The teams in the 10-20 range are pretty interchangeable this early in the season IMO.
I was going to say pretty much the same thing. I don't think they're being rated highly.....

Old
09-28-2011, 12:01 PM
Oogie Boogie

Most people that I see who like the Cowboys think they are like the greatest team in the world.

It sickens me

Old
09-28-2011, 12:35 PM
Carolinas Identity
This is ARRGH State!

I'm not a huge Cowboys fan, and while I don't nessecarily dislike them, I'll admit I get a little guilty pleasure watching them goof things up. That being said I have nothing but respect for Romo. John Mayer and his girlfriend aside, he's a heck of a player who deserves more credit than he gets. And while he may not be Brady or Rivers or Brees, anyone with the stones to play pretty much two straight games with cracked ribs and a punctured lung (not sure on the healing time of the lung part, but I'd guess it's more than 7 days) gets nothing but love from me. I played on the defensive side of the ball for many years and the "tough guy" thing and hard hitting were drilled into me so seeing someone on the offensive side doing the same thing gives me a warm fuzzy, over and above his talent =)

Old
09-28-2011, 10:52 PM
Sasha Cares
28 mph!!!!!!!

Holy **** my Stl Cardinals make the playoffs.

Old
09-28-2011, 11:09 PM
Blueline Bomber
Expectations - high

So baseball either had one of the greatest finishes to the regular season in a long time, or they complied a lot of evidence that the sport of baseball is fixed.

History will decide.

Old
09-28-2011, 11:13 PM
What the Faulk
The Real Swede Shady

Quote:
So baseball either had one of the greatest finishes to the regular season in a long time, or they complied a lot of evidence that the sport of baseball is fixed.

History will decide.
It's not quite fixed, but my god did the Yankees ever throw that game. YES was even pretty happy about it. Absolutely disgusting display.

Eerily similar ends to the season for the Red Sox and Braves. Very depressing day in this household as me and my roommate are big fans of each

Closed Thread