HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Keith Aulie on the Fan 590 today @ 8:20am

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
06-10-2011, 06:46 AM
  #1
Dio666
Registered User
 
Dio666's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Toronto
Country: Macedonia
Posts: 853
vCash: 500
Keith Aulie on the Fan 590 today @ 8:20am

Just a heads up to fellow Leaf fans.

Keith Aulie will be on the Fan 590am this morning. Friday June 10th at 8:20am.

Dio666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2011, 06:53 AM
  #2
Darcy Tucker
Registered User
 
Darcy Tucker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Vaughan, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,399
vCash: 500
I expect a lot of "give 110%" answers mixed in with some comments about how hard he is working out this off season.

Darcy Tucker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2011, 07:16 AM
  #3
Tony Clifton Leaf
A Mouthful
 
Tony Clifton Leaf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,261
vCash: 201
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darcy Tucker View Post
I expect a lot of "give 110%" answers mixed in with some comments about how hard he is working out this off season.
Probably talk about how lucky he's been to be paired with Phaneuf.

Tony Clifton Leaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2011, 08:32 AM
  #4
Peace Frog
Registered User
 
Peace Frog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 924
vCash: 500
Could someone give a recap of what was said? Thanks.

Peace Frog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2011, 08:58 AM
  #5
Darcy Tucker
Registered User
 
Darcy Tucker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Vaughan, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,399
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peace Frog View Post
Could someone give a recap of what was said? Thanks.
"I'm going to be working out hard this summer so I can go out there and give 110% and get the 2 points for the team".

Darcy Tucker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2011, 09:34 AM
  #6
RiellyGood
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,997
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darcy Tucker View Post
"I'm going to be working out hard this summer so I can go out there and give 110% and get the 2 points for the team".
you forgot the blurb about dadada no sophmore slump and dadada experience dadada confidence dadadda

RiellyGood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2011, 09:43 AM
  #7
Sergei Berezin
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Ottawa, ON
Posts: 6,043
vCash: 500
I suppose it'd be better if he flat out said he's working out at all this summer. He hates Phil Kessel... and Phaneuf. Also, he's leaving as soon as he can from this god-forsaken town.

... sounds about right.

Sergei Berezin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2011, 09:50 AM
  #8
Bar South
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2011
Country: Canada
Posts: 223
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sergei Berezin View Post
I suppose it'd be better if he flat out said he's working out at all this summer. He hates Phil Kessel... and Phaneuf. Also, he's leaving as soon as he can from this god-forsaken town.

... sounds about right.

Bar South is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2011, 10:36 AM
  #9
DPyro
Registered User
 
DPyro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 2,308
vCash: 500
Fan 590 - Keith Aulie On Demand

DPyro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2011, 11:37 AM
  #10
hockeyfanz
Registered User
 
hockeyfanz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 7,072
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peace Frog View Post
Could someone give a recap of what was said? Thanks.
Typical Fluff interview between jock and radio host. The most I got out of it was that he was a Saskatchewan Rough Riders fan for life and he will not waver. I also learned he is a farm boy who works the farm (3500 acres) with his old man. Sounded like a real down to earth guy.

hockeyfanz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2011, 12:10 PM
  #11
Ruski
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Toronto
Posts: 702
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyfanz View Post
Typical Fluff interview between jock and radio host. The most I got out of it was that he was a Saskatchewan Rough Riders fan for life and he will not waver. I also learned he is a farm boy who works the farm (3500 acres) with his old man. Sounded like a real down to earth guy.
He also saved his dads life when his tractor went through the ice on their farm a few years ago! CBC had a huge special on him during a Hockey Night in Canada broadcast when he was just a draft prospect on Calgary.

Definitely seems like a good guy...now lets hope he develops into a solid shutdown d-man and plays 10+ years alongside Schenn

Ruski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2011, 12:47 PM
  #12
Sergei Berezin
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Ottawa, ON
Posts: 6,043
vCash: 500
Aulie on -

Reimer: Everyone is happy and excited for him. Can't have a better guy than him on your team. He gave the team confidence with his big saves.

Defence group as a whole: Gelled well as a group and had fun. Got better as year went on. Wants to keep the group the same.

Playoffs: Wants to be there.

Summer: Different summer now as last year he was rehabbing shoulder. This summer is full body strength. Expects he'll be better next year. No target weight for camp. Coaches want him to be more aggressive.

Then he talks about the CFL...

Sergei Berezin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2011, 01:05 PM
  #13
FireEverybody*
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 3,675
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sergei Berezin View Post
Then he talks about the CFL...
Rider fan ?
Ship him to the Panther for a 6th.

FireEverybody* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2011, 01:11 PM
  #14
Sergei Berezin
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Ottawa, ON
Posts: 6,043
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nophun View Post
Rider fan ?
Ship him to the Panther for a 6th.
The Panther?

Oh god... is that what they did with Cory Cross?

Sergei Berezin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2011, 02:11 PM
  #15
Drew311
Catch The Taste
 
Drew311's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,865
vCash: 500
Just to throw some more Aulie tidbits out there....not sure if many people are aware that his girlfriend is Ryan Getzlaf's sister. Hopefully she doesn't look anything like him.

Drew311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2011, 02:19 PM
  #16
Mansfield
possession obsession
 
Mansfield's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Ontario, Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,913
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drew311 View Post
Just to throw some more Aulie tidbits out there....not sure if many people are aware that his girlfriend is Ryan Getzlaf's sister. Hopefully she doesn't look anything like him.
Hopefully she's not balding.

Mansfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2011, 02:26 PM
  #17
Hurt
Global Moderator
 
Hurt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 23,381
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drew311 View Post
Just to throw some more Aulie tidbits out there....not sure if many people are aware that his girlfriend is Ryan Getzlaf's sister. Hopefully she doesn't look anything like him.
I thought it was Ryan's cousin.

Hurt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2011, 02:56 PM
  #18
jmart21
MISC!!!
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: All Over The Place
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,845
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Th4thurt View Post
I thought it was Ryan's cousin.
Ryan's cousin plays for the riders.


I laugh that people seem surprised at him talking CFL. If you have ever spent time in saskatchewan you'd realize how absolutely nuts EVERYONE is about the riders.

They make leaf fans look like yotes fans; no joke.

jmart21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2011, 02:59 PM
  #19
hockeyfanz
Registered User
 
hockeyfanz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 7,072
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruski View Post
He also saved his dads life when his tractor went through the ice on their farm a few years ago! CBC had a huge special on him during a Hockey Night in Canada broadcast when he was just a draft prospect on Calgary.

Definitely seems like a good guy...now lets hope he develops into a solid shutdown d-man and plays 10+ years alongside Schenn
Wow...I must have missed that part but that is freaking awesome. Like I said...Aulie seemed like a real down to earth guy. Those prairie guys seem to be salt of the earth.

hockeyfanz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2011, 03:38 PM
  #20
Dio666
Registered User
 
Dio666's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Toronto
Country: Macedonia
Posts: 853
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyfanz View Post
Wow...I must have missed that part but that is freaking awesome. Like I said...Aulie seemed like a real down to earth guy. Those prairie guys seem to be salt of the earth.
I believe that its on YouTube. I would send you the link, but I'm at work. It's banned.

Dio666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2011, 03:40 PM
  #21
Eisenh0rn
Registered User
 
Eisenh0rn's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: UK
Country: England
Posts: 325
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyfanz View Post
Wow...I must have missed that part but that is freaking awesome. Like I said...Aulie seemed like a real down to earth guy. Those prairie guys seem to be salt of the earth.
Hero clip on YT;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iMuRLdb3GD0


Last edited by Eisenh0rn: 06-10-2011 at 03:50 PM.
Eisenh0rn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2011, 04:03 PM
  #22
Raging Bull
Registered User
 
Raging Bull's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Hamilton, ONT
Country: Canada
Posts: 15,429
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmart21 View Post
Ryan's cousin plays for the riders.


I laugh that people seem surprised at him talking CFL. If you have ever spent time in saskatchewan you'd realize how absolutely nuts EVERYONE is about the riders.

They make leaf fans look like yotes fans; no joke.
Chris Getzlaf is Ryan's brother, not cousin.

Didn't know Aulie was dating their sister though, hopefully Ryan throws Muhammed some pointers.

Raging Bull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2011, 04:03 PM
  #23
Hurt
Global Moderator
 
Hurt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 23,381
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmart21 View Post
Ryan's cousin plays for the riders.


I laugh that people seem surprised at him talking CFL. If you have ever spent time in saskatchewan you'd realize how absolutely nuts EVERYONE is about the riders.

They make leaf fans look like yotes fans; no joke.
Good one.

But seriously, I read Aulie's been dating Getzlaf's cousin (NOT THE ONE IN THE CFL) for like 10 years.

Hurt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2011, 07:15 PM
  #24
Drew311
Catch The Taste
 
Drew311's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,865
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Th4thurt View Post
Good one.

But seriously, I read Aulie's been dating Getzlaf's cousin (NOT THE ONE IN THE CFL) for like 10 years.
My bad, looks like it is Getzlaf's cousin. I thought I remembered them saying it was his sister on Leafs TV.

Drew311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2011, 07:56 PM
  #25
Hurt
Global Moderator
 
Hurt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 23,381
vCash: 500
If Aulie and Getzlaf's cousin get married, maybe he can convince Ryan to ask for a trade to the Leafs!

Hurt is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:39 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.