HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Darche is back- 1 year deal- 700K

Old
06-11-2011, 08:11 AM
One Man Rock Band
Slater's Gonna Slate

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlgib21 View Post
You should lose your spot for saying that. Your over exuberance of Darsche isn't exactly brilliant either. Darsche is fine in his role and salary,but how many guys like him can you have He's another guy that no other team would have signed for the league minimum.like Pyatt,Picard,and Halpern.Those guys are so replaceable with upgrades that fit our needs(toughness) close to the same salary.
Your spelling of Darche isn't exactly all that brilliant either.

No other team would of signed Darche for league minimum? Please excuse me for a moment.

One Man Rock Band is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2011, 08:38 AM
Team_Spirit
Tinordi-Subban

vCash: 700
Wow that's dirt cheap. Glad he's back, one of the few who's not afraid to go to the net and give everything he got every shift.

Team_Spirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2011, 08:47 AM
coolasprICE

Quote:
Originally Posted by natey2k4 View Post

No other team would of signed Darche for league minimum? Please excuse me for a moment.

Seeing how it could be the final year of his career, if I were him I would have tried to sign else where for more money and less taxes

but then again, there are pretty big benefits for a francophone to play in Montreal, particularly when closing out your career.

coolasprICE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2011, 08:50 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolasprICE View Post
Seeing how it could be the final year of my career, if I were him I would have tried to sign else where for more money and less taxes

but then again, there are pretty big benefits for a francophone to play in Montreal, particularly when closing out your career.
Darche probably has 2-3 more years in the role he has now. He's a committed guy who keeps in shape, no reason he can't play until he's 38-39. Maybe there won't be room here indefinitely, but at his current production he can help 3/4 of the team in the NHL. Cap strapped teams love guys like him in the bottom 6.

Monctonscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2011, 09:19 AM
Subban76

Quote:
Seeing how it could be the final year of his career, if I were him I would have tried to sign else where for more money and less taxes

He asked for a 2 year contract, but PG said no. 1 year at a time, which is logical for a guy is age.

Darche said himself that he loves it here and did not want to go somewhere else. Did not care about more money and less taxes. He wants to play where he's happy and desired. Refreshing attitude in this money oriented world.

Subban76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2011, 10:32 AM
Habs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
Muller Bellows and Skrudland are no bigger than Gomez and Plekanec...Corson is slightly bigger.

Muller was well over 200lbs, Bellows was 210 and Skrudland was 200+. I've seen Gomez a few times, he is probably 185lbs soaking wet. He's actually not that small, he certainly doesn't play very big.

Corson played much bigger than what he was, Ryan White reminds me of him at times.

Habs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2011, 10:48 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs View Post
Muller was well over 200lbs, Bellows was 210 and Skrudland was 200+. I've seen Gomez a few times, he is probably 185lbs soaking wet. He's actually not that small, he certainly doesn't play very big.

Corson played much bigger than what he was, Ryan White reminds me of him at times.
Using Bellows to say we had a big team is quite comical, Bellows played like Cammalleri but 2 inches taller. He played at 190-195 until late in his career when his conditioning came into question(hence the 210lbs) and drop in production.

Muller played most of his career at 195-200lbs. The highest listing I found was 205...that's hardly WELL OVER 200lbs. Gomez is 5'11" 200.

Skrudland is listed at 6' 200lbs.

That post was like using Gomez Darche LeBlanc and Bournival to say we have size.

Old
06-11-2011, 10:48 AM
BLONG7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subban76 View Post
He asked for a 2 year contract, but PG said no. 1 year at a time, which is logical for a guy is age.

Darche said himself that he loves it here and did not want to go somewhere else. Did not care about more money and less taxes. He wants to play where he's happy and desired. Refreshing attitude in this money oriented world.
Darche will be the type of guy who stays with the team, after his playing years, asst coach, scout etc. He had said the grass isn't greener on the other side, it's greener here...great guy!

BLONG7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2011, 10:49 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLONG7 View Post
Darche will be the type of guy who stays with the team, after his playing years, asst coach, scout etc. He had said the grass isn't greener on the other side, it's greener here...great guy!
I could see him starting out as an assistant in Hamilton in a few years.

Old
06-11-2011, 10:58 AM
CareyClutch
Doing the job

Send a message via MSN to CareyClutch
Quote:
Very good idea, Or i can see him on RDS.

CareyClutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2011, 11:07 AM
overlords
Global Moderator
Jack Arse

Quote:

I think gomez is usually listed around 200, but he seems kinda tubby from what I've seen.

"overlords is one of my favorite people on this entire site." - Hfboards
overlords is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2011, 11:13 AM
Habs

Quote:
Using Bellows to say we had a big team is quite comical, Bellows played like Cammalleri but 2 inches taller. He played at 190-195 until late in his career when his conditioning came into question(hence the 210lbs) and drop in production.

Muller played most of his career at 195-200lbs. The highest listing I found was 205...that's hardly WELL OVER 200lbs. Gomez is 5'11" 200.

Skrudland is listed at 6' 200lbs.

That post was like using Gomez Darche LeBlanc and Bournival to say we have size.
Just curious how old you are? Had you ever seen Bellows play? It sounds like you are just reading stats, and taking them as fact. He was incredibly hard to knock off the puck, very solid. Have you ever stood next to Cammy? If he's 5'8, I'll eat my hat, probably more like 5'7.

Bellows played like Cammy? lol? Comparing Bellows to Cammy now?

Here's a refresher course on Bellows if you have time :

http://www.youtube.com/results?searc...=f=C3b72e0r5u0

Old
06-11-2011, 11:38 AM
bcv
My french sucks.

Quote:
I heard him say on Nos Canadiens and on l'antichambre that he is more interested in the management department. He also as a diploma from McGill in management, so I can't see why the Habs wouldn't hire him in some kind management job.

bcv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2011, 11:50 AM
MTL-rules

Quote:
Originally Posted by CareyClutch View Post
Very good idea, Or i can see him on RDS.
Way too smart for RDS...

MTL-rules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2011, 12:05 PM
Forsead

Quote:
Originally Posted by ECWHSWI View Post
for what it's worth, last year cup winners had big guys such as Kane, Toews, Sharp and Versteeg in their top 6...
How 6'1 199lbs Sharp and 6'2 210lbs Toews are small ? they would be in our amongst our biggest forward. Plus they had Ladd, Brouwer and Byfuglien doing the dirty work in their top 9 and a very big/gritty physical 4th line with Burish, Eager and Kopecky.

Forsead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2011, 02:49 PM
One Man Rock Band
Slater's Gonna Slate

Quote:

Well let's be honest, he's made probably over $2M in his NHL career. That's not a lot (hell most guys make more than that in one year) in NHL terms - but that's more than enough to buy a nice house, a nice car for him and his wife, put money away into RSPs for his children's schooling, and have a decent stack of cash left over. He's probably going to have to get a job after hockey (coaching - trainer, etc?) when he's done playing hockey but I don't think he minds. He's living his childhood dream right now.

One Man Rock Band is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2011, 03:11 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Just curious how old you are? Had you ever seen Bellows play? It sounds like you are just reading stats, and taking them as fact. He was incredibly hard to knock off the puck, very solid. Have you ever stood next to Cammy? If he's 5'8, I'll eat my hat, probably more like 5'7.

Bellows played like Cammy? lol? Comparing Bellows to Cammy now?

Here's a refresher course on Bellows if you have time :

http://www.youtube.com/results?searc...=f=C3b72e0r5u0
I'm 39 and started watching hockey about 30+ years ago, Bellows is a skill guy and will never me mistaken for Wendel Clark or Rick Tocchet.

Old
06-11-2011, 03:19 PM
Ozymandias
#firetherrien

Quote:
I'm 39 and started watching hockey about 30+ years ago, Bellows is a skill guy and will never me mistaken for Wendel Clark or Rick Tocchet.
Don't bother, he's the same guy who thinks AK is worthless.

Ozymandias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2011, 03:47 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozymandias View Post
Yet Bellows was a power forward...priceless!

Old
06-11-2011, 04:32 PM
habsjunkie2*

Quote:
He's more right about Bellows type of play than you are. He didn't play anything like Cammy. You sure you watched Bellows?

habsjunkie2* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2011, 06:24 PM
Habs

Quote:

Did I say 'power forward'? I just can't believe you ever watched him play, there's no way you would compare Bellows to Cammy.

Quote:
Your right about one thing, you would never mistake him for Wendel Clark, since he had about 400 more points than him.

Last edited by Habs: 06-11-2011 at 06:44 PM.
Old
06-11-2011, 06:25 PM
Habs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozymandias View Post
Not worthless, just overpaid.

Quote:
Originally Posted by habsjunkie2 View Post
He's more right about Bellows type of play than you are. He didn't play anything like Cammy. You sure you watched Bellows?
He's probably looking for youtube videos to see if he has Bellows and Gary Leeman mixed up...

Old
06-11-2011, 06:26 PM
Born in 1909
Hockey Royalty

Quote:
Originally Posted by gifted88 View Post
I like Darche as a 4th liner...but he'll just be taking a more talented players spot in the line-up cause we know Martin will put him in the top 6.
There are going to be injuries galore this upcoming season (as usual in the modern NHL)

Darche will be needed.

Relax

Born in 1909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2011, 06:43 AM
Mr. Hab

Darche is back

UFA?(Laich?) - Plekanec - Cammalleri
Pacioretty - Gomez -Gionta
Darche - Eller - A.Kostitsyn
Pyatt/Moen - UFA?/Halpern? - White

Markov - Emelin
Gill - Subban
UFA(O'Brien?)/Gorges - Wiz?
Weber
Mara
Sopel

Price
__?__

--------------- ------------------ --------------------------

Pouliot+Spacek+__?__ for 1st Round Pick (bottom 10 team) to get closer to Subban's d-man brother in 2012 Draft.

Last edited by Mr. Hab: 06-12-2011 at 06:57 AM.
Mr. Hab is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2011, 08:38 AM
jlgib21*

Quote:
Originally Posted by natey2k4 View Post
Your spelling of Darche isn't exactly all that brilliant either.

You got issues bro. Constantly belittling posters.resign please. That is 700k less we have to sign a needed player.If he's sought after why is he signing for short money? PG taking the easy way out with another min. wage mid 30's journeyman.

jlgib21* is offline   Reply With Quote