HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Roster Thoughts and Offseason Speculation for the 2011-2012 Season II

Closed Thread

Old
06-17-2011, 06:22 PM
bobafettish*

vCash: 500
when will the new cap be announced?

Old
06-17-2011, 06:24 PM
Fishhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobafettish View Post
when will the new cap be announced?
It's usually around June 25th. Next weekend would be a good bet.

Old
06-17-2011, 06:39 PM
KINGS17
Smartest in the Room

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydor25 View Post
That was always the Devils' plan, but will Zach sign long term with Kovalchuk as player #1? Why wouldn't Parise want to test UFA next off season after seeing how much Kovalchuk got on the open market?
Because as Devil fans will tell you Zach loves the man that is the GM there that will probably only be around another two or three years tops. That and they have this stud goalie that is going to be there for years to come, oh wait...

Old
06-17-2011, 11:59 PM
RonSwanson*
Gadfly

Does Lombardi have any interest in signing Drury for cheap?

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/ho...n_is_over.html

Can he play wing if/when the young rookies stay in the lineup?

Old
06-18-2011, 12:05 AM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

Drury is done. His health is shot and his play has significantly regressed as a result of his injuries. He apparently has some degenerative knee injury that may force him into retirement. Oh and apparently the Rangers really can't buyout Drury because he is considered an injured player and teams are not permitted to buyout an injured player.

Old
06-18-2011, 12:15 AM
RonSwanson*
Gadfly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy Stardust View Post
Drury is done. His health is shot and his play has significantly regressed as a result of his injuries. He apparently has some degenerative knee injury that may force him into retirement. Oh and apparently the Rangers really can't buyout Drury because he is considered an injured player and teams are not permitted to buyout an injured player.
Thanks. I found this article which details it. Drury may miss all of next season.

http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/range...-rss&FEEDNAME=

Old
06-18-2011, 12:19 AM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonSwanson View Post
Didn't Drury finish the season playing?
He did, however, he came back early and does appear to be injured. Here's a link to the news story concerning Drury and the Rangers' inability to buy him out.

http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/range...7jXnaAe8XRQAnK
Quote:
It appears as if the Rangers will be unable to buy out the final season of Chris Drury's contract because of a degenerative condition in the captain's left knee that apparently will render him medically unable to play next season, The Post has learned.

Old
06-18-2011, 12:32 AM
johnjm22

Rumor is that Bryzgalov is going to sign a 5 year 25M deal with Philadelphia. That would put the Flyers current CAP payroll at about 64M with 19 players under contract. They'll probably dump Leighton, which should free up an additional 1.5M.

Old
06-18-2011, 12:34 AM
KopitarFAN
Reno Sucks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnjm22 View Post
Rumor is that Bryzgalov is going to sign a 5 year 25M deal with Philadelphia. That would put the Flyers current CAP payroll at about 64M with 19 players under contract. They'll probably dump Leighton, which should free up an additional 1.5M.
That's a steal for Philly.

With the cap going up around $62M, they probably only have to move about $2-3M.

Definitely my "way too early" early pick to represent the east in SCF.

Last edited by KopitarFAN: 06-18-2011 at 12:40 AM.
Old
06-18-2011, 12:43 AM
Quattro

Quote:
Originally Posted by KopitarFAN View Post

LOL - the Flyers are the chi-chi pick EVERY year. They always find a way to f it up.

Old
06-18-2011, 12:53 AM
KopitarFAN
Reno Sucks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quattro View Post
LOL - the Flyers are the chi-chi pick EVERY year. They always find a way to f it up.
Except they will actually have good goaltending for the first time in a LONG time.

Old
06-18-2011, 01:07 AM
etherialone
dialed in your mom

But a weak bottom 5ish and be giving up some talent on D as well of course unless they make a few really great deals or one exceptional one.

Old
06-18-2011, 09:41 AM
Quattro

Quote:
Except they will actually have good goaltending for the first time in a LONG time.
You have to remember that if Bryz has one bad game, hell, one bad period, the Philly fans and media will turn on him. He's never had to deal with that before. Not to say he can't handle it, but it is a big risk.

Old
06-18-2011, 09:43 AM
Muzzinga
Regehr GOAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quattro View Post
You have to remember that if Bryz has one bad game, hell, one bad period, the Philly fans and media will turn on him. He's never had to deal with that before. Not to say he can't handle it, but it is a big risk.
with the goalie situation of Philly as it has been for the past 20 years, im sure it would take several bad games before they turn on him

Old
06-18-2011, 11:50 AM
BigBrown
Now what will we do?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sw1tch View Post
with the goalie situation of Philly as it has been for the past 20 years, im sure it would take several bad games before they turn on him
I wouldn't be too sure. Kings fans haven't had good goaltending in decades but Quick still gets beat up constantly on these boards and gets his share of mock cheers from the crowd if he's having a bad game, despite being a top 10 goalie with a very low cap hit. Philly won't be any different.

Old
06-18-2011, 11:58 AM
KopitarFAN
Reno Sucks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBrown View Post
I wouldn't be too sure. Kings fans haven't had good goaltending in decades but Quick still gets beat up constantly on these boards and gets his share of mock cheers from the crowd if he's having a bad game, despite being a top 10 goalie with a very low cap hit. Philly won't be any different.
When it's deserved. You misplay the puck, and it leads directly to a goal, you deserve it.

Old
06-18-2011, 12:14 PM
LAKings4ever

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonellisghost View Post
THe Rags are struggling with the cap but can still deal and get enough relief to do what they want. That said they have Gabby and might be willing to deal Special K for help on the back end. I think that Special K is the closest to NHL ready.

Beck is ahead of where Toffoli is in many ways so I would say that he would be right there with Special K as far as being ready and I could see us also being good trading partners.

As far as that goes since we are talking about prospects we are pretty good trading partners with every team mentioned. All of them need solid PMD help and we need their elite skilled LW kids.

The player that I think would be the best fit from a DL player type is Beck in that he is a quality kid along with being highly talented and tuff as nails.

It isn't a perfect science but I would say that any of the teams and kids listed could all equally fit in the same way.

As far as DL type of players here is a list

Beck
Krieder
Nieds
Pulkonen

Filatov

imo
I have gone over to the Nashville and NYR boards and asked about what it would take to get these players in a deal:

Nashville - not really interested at all, not much discussion, finally had someone say they would consider Loktionov straight up (after I have offered up Loki or Tofolli + Parse to try to get a response)

NYR - Lots of talk, some saying there would be no interest and some others want Schenn for Kreider + which isn't going to happen. Of course there were the usual talk of Schenn being overrated, doesn't matter as he is still the best overall prospect out there. Small minority interested in Voynov + or Loktionov.

Old
06-18-2011, 12:21 PM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

vCash: 424
Send a message via ICQ to Telos Send a message via AIM to Telos Send a message via MSN to Telos Send a message via Yahoo to Telos
I like Filatov, it just depends on price, but if we could get him, I would be for it, I think he can be a very special player, and he is obviously determined to play in North America.

“We still have a lot of guys who haven't scored a goal since Jesus was a baby.” - Darryl Sutter
Old
06-18-2011, 12:48 PM
Martyros
Allow me to retort

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telos View Post
I like Filatov, it just depends on price, but if we could get him, I would be for it, I think he can be a very special player, and he is obviously determined to play in North America.
I'd trade Hickey straight up for him, that's about it. He hasn't really stood out in my eyes.

Old
06-18-2011, 12:57 PM
etherialone
dialed in your mom

Quote:
Originally Posted by LAKings4ever View Post
I have gone over to the Nashville and NYR boards and asked about what it would take to get these players in a deal:

Nashville - not really interested at all, not much discussion, finally had someone say they would consider Loktionov straight up (after I have offered up Loki or Tofolli + Parse to try to get a response)

NYR - Lots of talk, some saying there would be no interest and some others want Schenn for Kreider + which isn't going to happen. Of course there were the usual talk of Schenn being overrated, doesn't matter as he is still the best overall prospect out there. Small minority interested in Voynov + or Loktionov.
I am not surprised.

Most people don't follow all of the prospects, just their own teams and as such they only know about a handful of hyped kids.

People who follow prospects closely know the value of most every prospect no matter where they come from.

That said, if I were Nashville I would want allot before I deal Beck. The Rags are teh Rags.

Old
06-18-2011, 02:25 PM
Quattro

Quote:
Originally Posted by sw1tch View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBrown View Post
oh yes it will - Philly will be much, MUCH worse

Old
06-18-2011, 03:11 PM
KINGS17
Smartest in the Room

Quote:
That's a steal for Philly.

With the cap going up around $62M, they probably only have to move about $2-3M.

There isn't a goalie out there right now that I would give more than $5M a season. That's a high price, but when you're in need and don't have many options and a window that is open, I suppose it's something the Flyers have to do and bite the bullet.

Old
06-18-2011, 03:13 PM
JBernierFan
Drink up!

Quote:
Good point, BUT Timonen <sp?> and Pronger aren't getting any younger. That's their top two dmen. They have a few younger D challenging to be 1 & 2 type players, (i.e. Coburn), but could they make the impact that a Timonen and Pronger can? They'd pretty much have to win now.

Old
06-18-2011, 06:34 PM
jumptheshark
McDavid Headquarters

vCash: 50
how into the regular season before the first lynch Penner thread starts?

Should be interesting to see if Smyth is still a king in a week

Welcome to Edmonton Connor McDavid--the rest of you HA HA HA HA HA HA
Old
06-18-2011, 07:09 PM
johnjm22

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheStig View Post
how into the regular season before the first lynch Penner thread starts?

Should be interesting to see if Smyth is still a king in a week
I feel pretty confident in saying Smyth will be a King a week from now.

Closed Thread