HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Howard Eskin of 610 WIP: Front Office Open to Trading Richards or Carter

Closed Thread

Old
06-21-2011, 01:31 PM
Guest123

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bennysflyers16 View Post
So is Carter still getting traded, or just Richards now ? I am trying to keep track of your source ?
My source is saying Carter is as good as gone this time around. But he is also saying that Richards is actively being pursued by teams and they are listening. Want a bonafide player in return if he is gone. I'm hoping for Brown. Want prospect and picks for Carter to gain cap space to go after FAs. Also cap space helps extend JVR.

Snider is close to 100% behind this. And the big man usually gets what he wants. I said close to a month ago that Richards was on the block but they were not making any offers on him; just listening.

Old
06-21-2011, 01:31 PM
Jtown

There is just no way Richards and Carter are getting traded. No way in hell. Id be surprised and angered if even one of them is traded let alone both. I dont know if ill be more upset that we lost a great player or that fact that renegade is right.

Old
06-21-2011, 01:34 PM
COMCASTMONEY
pay ya cable bills.

The reason people think Mike Richards could get traded is because they think he has an "attitude problem." The reason they think he has an "attitude problem" is because the Philly media claims he has an "attitude problem."

There's this funny feeling I get any time this **** starts. Like I've been here before. Like the 3 best single athletes to play here in my lifetime ended up retiring somewhere else...one was a big center, one was an excellent quarterback, another was a very exciting point guard. They all had their own circumstances. But it's a trend you won't find in other sports cities.

There's people with cameras and laptops and egos who don't want you to have nice things. They have been decently successful in denying us, for some time. But if you actually start ignoring their ********, it's less likely to fester.

Old
06-21-2011, 01:35 PM
Jester

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegade View Post
My source is saying Carter is as good as gone this time around. But he is also saying that Richards is actively being pursued by teams and they are listening. Want a bonafide player in return if he is gone. I'm hoping for Brown. Want prospect and picks for Carter to gain cap space to go after FAs. Also cap space helps extend JVR.

Snider is close to 100% behind this. And the big man usually gets what he wants. I said close to a month ago that Richards was on the block but they were not making any offers on him; just listening.
We don't need any cap space to extend JVR.

Old
dookie88

Quote:
No one wanted to believe me that it was possible Richards was on the table. I don't want it to happen but he doesn't get along with Pronger at all and Yes Beef, Snider is probably totally behind this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JABEE View Post
@DarrenDreger
It was suggested to me there might be a remote possibility Mike Richards could be traded. Predictably...understandably, Flyers say no chance

http://twitter.com/DarrenDreger/stat...16685892513792
Might be something wrong with your reading comprehension skills.

Old
StevensCakeBakerBacker

Quote:

So, being a GM and listening to an unsolicited offer = A franchise player/captain is on the trading block?

Old
06-21-2011, 01:40 PM
Guest123

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jtown View Post
There is just no way Richards and Carter are getting traded. No way in hell. Id be surprised and angered if even one of them is traded let alone both. I dont know if ill be more upset that we lost a great player or that fact that renegade is right.
That's a shame you have to look at it like that. All I've been trying to do is share with fellow fans. I have a mod on board that my source is legit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dookie88 View Post
I don't know what your problem is with me. But if you'd like to discuss it, please be responsible and send me a PM to straighten this out.

Old
06-21-2011, 01:44 PM
Jester

Gotta love anonymous sources.

Old
Protest
C`est La Vie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrDoom View Post
My only Jersey's have been Kerr and Lindros..I now just get the faux T-shirt jerseys and I have Giroux. Safe bet he's sticking around...I hope!

My ex girlfriends though get all the players Jerseys that "expire" kind of befitting...
Lol depends on if I get his all-star jersey or not.

Here's mine:

Mike Mamula..ha.. Terrell Davis, Brian Westbrook literally days before he tore his triceps muscle, Jerry Rice right before the year he blew out his knee by getting his head ripped off, Corey Simon the year before he got traded, Larry Johnson, I got a couple years out of the Leclair before the back problems, only NFL game I've ever been to McNabb blew out his knee, Aaron McKie as his career took a turn, Lindros..ah yea.....someone gave me a Danny Briere bobble head and then he got a divorce, got a Barry Sanders and then he retired for no apparent reason. Also I had a PSU Brandon Short #43 jeresy, I'm pretty sure that was Adam Telefaro's number, he broke his neck and was paralyzed but did recover.

I think that's pretty much all of them. I was thinking about getting a plain jersey but I fear a plane crash would be coming. Also those are all mostly cheap jersey's I'm not rich lol.

Old
Prongo
Beer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dookie88 View Post
Yea i also saw that... people will ignore that just so they can make a rumor out of it.... I don't think the Flyers know exactly what they are doing yet when it comes to who is moving and for what. It all matter on what Bryz signs for. And if he does agree and can't sign the contract don't things like that at least leak out to the media. Not saying the Flyers don't have a plan ready but they are still negotiating will his agent to bring down the cap hit. My personal opinion is they will likely try to move versteeg to get under the cap. I also think if Matt Read has any type of production in training camp he most likely will be on the team.

I definitely don't think richie is going anywhere.. Carter i still don't think so but i think there is at least a better chance for him than Richards.

I hope bryz signs a low cap hit and we get to keep everyone... i can dream right

Old
06-21-2011, 01:45 PM
Jtown

Quote:
That's a shame you have to look at it like that. All I've been trying to do is share with fellow fans. I have a mod on board that my source is legit.

I don't know what your problem is with me. But if you'd like to discuss it, please be responsible and send me a PM to straighten this out.
im just teasing buddy. Your a pretty polarizing figure on the board no doubt. The fact that you have a mod backing you up however does carry weight with me. Part of me really does not want to believe a word you say however.

Old
06-21-2011, 01:46 PM
Jester

Eklund has "legit" sources. Rumors are rumors.

Old
06-21-2011, 01:47 PM
Jtown

Quote:
Originally Posted by Protest View Post

Here's mine:

Mike Mamula..ha.. Terrell Davis, Brian Westbrook literally days before he tore his triceps muscle, Jerry Rice right before the year he blew out his knee by getting his head ripped off, Corey Simon the year before he got traded, Larry Johnson, I got a couple years out of the Leclair before the back problems, only NFL game I've ever been to McNabb blew out his knee, Aaron McKie as his career took a turn, Lindros..ah yea.....someone gave me a Danny Briere bobble head and then he got a divorce, got a Barry Sanders and then he retired for no apparent reason. Also I had a PSU Brandon Short #43 jeresy, I'm pretty sure that was Adam Telefaro's number, he broke his neck and was paralyzed but did recover.

I think that's pretty much all of them. I was thinking about getting a plain jersey but I fear a plane crash would be coming. Also those are all mostly cheap jersey's I'm not rich lol.
Whats your address? Your new crosby jersey will be arriving in the mail shortly

Old
06-21-2011, 01:50 PM
Guest123

Quote:
im just teasing buddy. Your a pretty polarizing figure on the board no doubt. The fact that you have a mod backing you up however does carry weight with me. Part of me really does not want to believe a word you say however.
I'll admit that I'm not a huge fan of Carter. So the rumors actually excite me. I guess I just hope that people understand that things change so much in sports. What I hear now could change if the right move is made or offer comes along. It's not easy for me to share some of this stuff with the negativity on the board.

I hope in due time that I'll be able to provide a confirmed offer to the board to solidify my reputation.

Old
06-21-2011, 01:56 PM
FreshPerspective
We don't need one!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Protest View Post

Here's mine:

oh wow that is some crappy luck...but dude Mike Mamula..man that was just tempting fate

Old
06-21-2011, 02:01 PM
Jester

Quote:
I'll admit that I'm not a huge fan of Carter. So the rumors actually excite me. I guess I just hope that people understand that things change so much in sports. What I hear now could change if the right move is made or offer comes along. It's not easy for me to share some of this stuff with the negativity on the board.

I hope in due time that I'll be able to provide a confirmed offer to the board to solidify my reputation.
Also rather easy to report rumors under a pseudonym using an anonymous source.

Old
06-21-2011, 02:02 PM
dookie88

Quote:
I think I have better plans for my time.
But thanks.

Old
06-21-2011, 02:04 PM
FreshPerspective
We don't need one!

Quote:
It's not easy for me to share some of this stuff with the negativity on the board.

Unpopular opinions never are...it is a dilemma nonetheless since your source could be anybody or contrived.

The world is not static though so those who say something will never happen are being a bit closed-minded and most likely assessing a situation in terms of preconceived fixed notions (possibly out of emotion) while ignoring or rejecting any contrary signs.

Old
06-21-2011, 02:04 PM
Protest
C`est La Vie

Quote:
Whats your address? Your new crosby jersey will be arriving in the mail shortly
Haha I've thought about it more than once, but I could never bring myself to do it.

Quote:
oh wow that is some crappy luck...but dude Mike Mamula..man that was just tempting fate
He was combine phenom!

Old
06-21-2011, 02:25 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Beefitor

Carter getting traded for a great package is believable.

Carter AND Richards getting traded isn't. That would pretty much say "this organization doesn't plan on winning a Cup this year. Maybe next year or the year after though!"

Quote:
The world is not static though so those who say something will never happen are being a bit closed-minded and most likely assessing a situation in terms of preconceived fixed notions (possibly out of emotion) while ignoring or rejecting any contrary signs.
So...like Cartsiephan?

06-21-2011, 02:42 PM
Larry44
Flyers Tank Nation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beef Invictus View Post
Carter getting traded for a great package is believable.

Carter AND Richards getting traded isn't. That would pretty much say "this organization doesn't plan on winning a Cup this year. Maybe next year or the year after though!"
or 2016 or 2017.

If they are trading Carter AND Richards for D Picks, they might as well go for it and forget Bryzgalov, acquire Bernier, and trade Pronger, Timonen and Briere too...

Old
06-21-2011, 02:47 PM
Spongolium*
Potato Magician

A) I thought you had to proove your sources on this board.

b) Anonomous sources are bogus. If you are not willing to put a name to your rumours, then you have no problem with telling lies.

Old
06-21-2011, 02:47 PM
FreshPerspective
We don't need one!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beef Invictus View Post

So...like Cartsiephan?
Like anybody who assesses a situation purely out of wish. This would include those who wish to see a player gone or one to stay mainly out of some emotional attachment or "detachment." Cartsiephan was guilty of the latter just as much as there are people on this board guilty of the former. Having said this there are also those who assess situations based on facts. A deal like the one Meltzer pointed out and which a lot of people support would be based more on facts than the accusation somebody just hates Carter. Equally...Carter's productivity on this team shouldn't be disputed necessarily and some of the deals for him proposed/speculated wouldn't be worth it. However, there is room in the middle as far as debate as to if this team can win a cup without him ala Kessel..again obviously for the right deal.

Richards and Carter both being traded seems implausible to me but if they both get traded then it will be interesting to hear the reason why...maybe Cartsiephan wasn't so off his rocker if it were to happen. Having said this I doubt it will happen but I never say never...

Old
06-21-2011, 02:48 PM
CarolinaFlyerFan

If they trade Richards I'm gonna have a hard time getting excited to watch this team anytime soon. Please don't do it Homer that is so ****ing stupid.

Old
06-21-2011, 03:34 PM
Larry44
Flyers Tank Nation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spongolium View Post
A) I thought you had to proove your sources on this board.

b) Anonomous sources are bogus. If you are not willing to put a name to your rumours, then you have no problem with telling lies.
It's very possible to have a legitimate anonymous source - sometimes you have to respect and protect the source.

A guy on the O&B Board knew someone in the Flyers' front office personally. He PM'd several of us the name to prove the identity. The info was golden, but if the guy's name ever got out there, he'd have been fired immediately, so he posted the rumours anonymously.

Does renegade have such corroboration? If he does, I have no problem believing it, but it is hard to believe a concrete 'source' that has the Flyers entertaining offers for Richards having already dealt Carter.

Closed Thread