HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Howard Eskin of 610 WIP: Front Office Open to Trading Richards or Carter

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
06-21-2011, 03:36 PM
  #501
Hollywood Couturier
Moderator
#NoHonorForConnor
 
Hollywood Couturier's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: South Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 21,599
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry44 View Post
It's very possible to have a legitimate anonymous source - sometimes you have to respect and protect the source.

A guy on the O&B Board knew someone in the Flyers' front office personally. He PM'd several of us the name to prove the identity. The info was golden, but if the guy's name ever got out there, he'd have been fired immediately, so he posted the rumours anonymously.

Does renegade have such corroboration? If he does, I have no problem believing it, but it is hard to believe a concrete 'source' that has the Flyers entertaining offers for Richards having already dealt Carter.
I back Renegade. He has discussed his source with me and that reason you mentioned is exactly why he cannot reveal who his source is in the open.

__________________

"I Came Here To Bury Caesar, Not Praise Him" - Roy Halladay
Hollywood Couturier is offline  
Old
06-21-2011, 03:37 PM
  #502
JABEE
Registered User
 
JABEE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Philadelphia
Country: United States
Posts: 1,633
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry44 View Post
It's very possible to have a legitimate anonymous source - sometimes you have to respect and protect the source.

A guy on the O&B Board knew someone in the Flyers' front office personally. He PM'd several of us the name to prove the identity. The info was golden, but if the guy's name ever got out there, he'd have been fired immediately, so he posted the rumours anonymously.

Does renegade have such corroboration? If he does, I have no problem believing it, but it is hard to believe a concrete 'source' that has the Flyers entertaining offers for Richards having already dealt Carter.
I believe he has corroboration from a mod. I'm cant remember who.

JABEE is offline  
Old
06-21-2011, 03:44 PM
  #503
Protest
C`est La Vie
 
Protest's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Deptford, NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 4,689
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spongolium View Post
A) I thought you had to proove your sources on this board.

b) Anonomous sources are bogus. If you are not willing to put a name to your rumours, then you have no problem with telling lies.
Sources are usually anonymous. The people in the front office don't want their plans leaked before what they're doing is official. That's why any article you look at says "sources say so and so is close to signing," and not "Jim from payroll told me he just plugged Bryzgalov into the system." People don't reveal their sources because then don't want to get those people in hot water. Its tough to have sources if you get them fired for leaking information.


Correct me if I'm wrong, but I always thought one of the biggest ideals in journalism was "always protect your sources". This guy could be lying. Oh well, who gives a ****, its a message board. Him proving his sources will happen when the things he "leaks" to us actually happen. But he won't ever post the person's name on this board, and nor should he.

EDIT: I missed Larry's post, but yea sources should always remain anonymous.


Last edited by Protest: 06-21-2011 at 03:53 PM.
Protest is offline  
Old
06-21-2011, 04:01 PM
  #504
mikedifr
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 8,359
vCash: 500
First of all, Howard Eskin is a ******....

As for the rumors, trading Carter makes a whole lot of sense for many reasons (the 21 points and -14 in 47 playoff games being one of them)

Trading Richards would be the most ridiculous thing this organization has ever done and I will be officially done with them until Paul Holmgren is gone and Ed Snider dies...

mikedifr is offline  
Old
06-21-2011, 04:03 PM
  #505
Spongolium*
Potato Magician
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Bridgend,UK
Country: Wales
Posts: 8,653
vCash: 500
Look i get the protecting your sources. But it's driving me mad about the completly insane proposals and the

"prepare to be amazed"

"big stuff happening"

" source says big deal going down"

Spongolium* is offline  
Old
06-21-2011, 04:06 PM
  #506
El Dandy*
...Menace To Society
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Dry Island
Posts: 9,767
vCash: 500
I totally understand that one MUST ALWAYS protect the integrity and anonymity of their source.

However, has anything Renegade predicted come to fruition? I am not saying this in vain, but I am ignorant and don't know if Renegade has ever called something before it happened.

Obviously not everything will pan out because it's business and stuff happens, but is there anything we can attach to Renegade that gives us credence to believe him and his source? Again i am just asking this because I do not know if he has broken any kind of news. If he has then I will believe what he speaks.

El Dandy* is offline  
Old
06-21-2011, 04:12 PM
  #507
tuckrr
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 2,602
vCash: 500
what draft # do you guys think Jamie Oleksiak will go?

I wouldnt be surprised to see him in the top 10. Could be Myers on 'roids

tuckrr is offline  
Old
06-21-2011, 04:15 PM
  #508
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
FAT SLOB
 
Beef Invictus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Centreville
Country: Lord Howe Island
Posts: 47,115
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flipadelphia View Post
I totally understand that one MUST ALWAYS protect the integrity and anonymity of their source.

However, has anything Renegade predicted come to fruition? I am not saying this in vain, but I am ignorant and don't know if Renegade has ever called something before it happened.

Obviously not everything will pan out because it's business and stuff happens, but is there anything we can attach to Renegade that gives us credence to believe him and his source? Again i am just asking this because I do not know if he has broken any kind of news. If he has then I will believe what he speaks.
I guess we just wait and see.

Hoorray, offseason.

__________________
Down in the basement, I've got a Craftsman lathe. Show it to the children when they misbehave.
Beef Invictus is offline  
Old
06-21-2011, 04:19 PM
  #509
CharlieGirl
Flyers Hockey
 
CharlieGirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Kitchener, ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 30,121
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flipadelphia View Post
I totally understand that one MUST ALWAYS protect the integrity and anonymity of their source.

However, has anything Renegade predicted come to fruition? I am not saying this in vain, but I am ignorant and don't know if Renegade has ever called something before it happened.

Obviously not everything will pan out because it's business and stuff happens, but is there anything we can attach to Renegade that gives us credence to believe him and his source? Again i am just asking this because I do not know if he has broken any kind of news. If he has then I will believe what he speaks.
That is how a reputation is built. In dealing with folks "in the know" in the OHL, you get to learn who tells you info you can take to the bank, and who is pulling info out of their behinds.

If the info Renegade is sharing is valid, we'll know soon enough. He has been proven incorrect in the past (things change behind the scenes rapidly, in some cases) and a healthy skepticism is reasonable in all circumstances.

CharlieGirl is online now  
Old
06-21-2011, 04:20 PM
  #510
FreshPerspective
We don't need one!
 
FreshPerspective's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Philadelphia
Country: Italy
Posts: 11,562
vCash: 500
I implore Renegade's source to....


FreshPerspective is offline  
Old
06-21-2011, 04:20 PM
  #511
MsWoof
Registered User
 
MsWoof's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,532
vCash: 500
Just out of curiosity, how does it work when someone has a source? Renegade says Hollywood knows who his source is but does Hollywood know who Renegade is, with proof of some kind?

MsWoof is offline  
Old
06-21-2011, 04:22 PM
  #512
Larry44
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Posts: 5,769
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikedifr View Post
First of all, Howard Eskin is a ******....

As for the rumors, trading Carter makes a whole lot of sense for many reasons (the 21 points and -14 in 47 playoff games being one of them)

Trading Richards would be the most ridiculous thing this organization has ever done and I will be officially done with them until Paul Holmgren is gone and Ed Snider dies...
I'd rather trade Richards than Carter, but only if there are good reasons he HAS to be the one to go.

It would be better to keep them both, sign the goalie, trade Versteeg and Carle if necessary (and I love Carle), sign Woywitka (who I always liked and seems to have developed in Dallas but is UFA) or someone like that for half Carle's salary and away we go.

Larry44 is offline  
Old
06-21-2011, 04:23 PM
  #513
Larry44
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Posts: 5,769
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood Cannon View Post
I back Renegade. He has discussed his source with me and that reason you mentioned is exactly why he cannot reveal who his source is in the open.
Thanks, we'll have to see what comes of it.

Larry44 is offline  
Old
06-21-2011, 04:33 PM
  #514
brian822
Registered User
 
brian822's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 398
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegade View Post
That's a shame you have to look at it like that. All I've been trying to do is share with fellow fans. I have a mod on board that my source is legit.



I don't know what your problem is with me. But if you'd like to discuss it, please be responsible and send me a PM to straighten this out.
What's going to be your story when Carter isn't traded?

brian822 is offline  
Old
06-21-2011, 04:36 PM
  #515
FreshPerspective
We don't need one!
 
FreshPerspective's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Philadelphia
Country: Italy
Posts: 11,562
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by brian822 View Post
What's going to be your story when Carter isn't traded?
Well it would follow that he would have to ask his source I suppose....

If Carter does get traded what will be the story of those that say it will never happen?

Kind of works both ways...anyway..this is insane. The suspense is too much. Can't wait till it all clears up and we can move on to discuss the impact of the moves and not look back because you know..hindsight is 20/20

FreshPerspective is offline  
Old
06-21-2011, 04:43 PM
  #516
El Dandy*
...Menace To Society
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Dry Island
Posts: 9,767
vCash: 500
I remember someone posting some Renegade posts earlier in I believe this thread (maybe another thread though) from last off-season.

I forget what they were, but I think the gist of it was that he made claims of moves last off season as well. I don't know if anything panned out, though.

It would be cool if his stuff panned out because it means we have a guy with some info on here and he'll give us the heads up. If not, well then it's kind of like a *yeah sure... put it with the others* kind of thing.

El Dandy* is offline  
Old
06-21-2011, 04:43 PM
  #517
duffy9748
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 2,601
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MsWoof View Post
Just out of curiosity, how does it work when someone has a source? Renegade says Hollywood knows who his source is but does Hollywood know who Renegade is, with proof of some kind?
Exactly.

duffy9748 is online now  
Old
06-21-2011, 05:12 PM
  #518
drownedsailors
Registered User
 
drownedsailors's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Earth
Country: United States
Posts: 1,949
vCash: 500
I might actually quit hockey if we trade Mike Richards.

With that being said, there's no way in hell he's leaving.

drownedsailors is offline  
Old
06-21-2011, 05:18 PM
  #519
Jester
Registered User
 
Jester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: St. Andrews
Country: Scotland
Posts: 34,075
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spongolium View Post
Look i get the protecting your sources. But it's driving me mad about the completly insane proposals and the

"prepare to be amazed"

"big stuff happening"

" source says big deal going down"
Anonymous sources are largely ****, and the media has gone to them too much in recent years. However, someone using anonymous sources behind a pseudonym themselves is, frankly, complete crap.

Jester is offline  
Old
06-21-2011, 06:07 PM
  #520
FireEverybody*
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 3,675
vCash: 500
I should take this time to troll the hell out of you guys w/ horrible trade offers. but I kind of feel bad.



There has to be close to no chance Richards is being moved.
Richards and Carter being moved is just a ridiculous idea.

FireEverybody* is offline  
Old
06-21-2011, 06:15 PM
  #521
mikedifr
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 8,359
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry44 View Post
I'd rather trade Richards than Carter, but only if there are good reasons he HAS to be the one to go.

It would be better to keep them both, sign the goalie, trade Versteeg and Carle if necessary (and I love Carle), sign Woywitka (who I always liked and seems to have developed in Dallas but is UFA) or someone like that for half Carle's salary and away we go.
Let me here your ridiculous justification for trading Richards instead of Carter??? Anyone who has watched this team the past couple years and thinks that....isnt watching this team

Richards 50 points in 63 playoff games, captain, tough, has won a championship at just about every level, as a captain
Carter: 21 points in 47 playoff games, soft as tissue,

Its rather simple actually.

mikedifr is offline  
Old
06-21-2011, 06:24 PM
  #522
RJ8812*
Hellooooo ladiiiies
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Sudbury
Country: Canada
Posts: 28,092
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikedifr View Post
Let me here your ridiculous justification for trading Richards instead of Carter??? Anyone who has watched this team the past couple years and thinks that....isnt watching this team

Richards 50 points in 63 playoff games, captain, tough, has won a championship at just about every level, as a captain
Carter: 21 points in 47 playoff games, soft as tissue,

Its rather simple actually.
lol

can't believe you actually have to have this conversation

RJ8812* is offline  
Old
06-21-2011, 06:56 PM
  #523
Razor the Goalie
Can I Get a Hot Tub
 
Razor the Goalie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Waiting in Shadows
Country: Ukraine
Posts: 348
vCash: 500
In all fairness, do we really know what goes on behind that locker room door?

Perhaps Carter and Richards feel like they are better then everyone and management feels it has gone to far with ego.

OR

It has nothing to do with it at all and this is just keeping the Flyers in the news just like the Eagles do in their off season negative or positive, they like to stay in the news, traffic to their site (Ads = More Money)

Ed Snider wants this team to win just as much as we do.

Im over man crushes on these players, after that lapse last season I am prepared for anything that has to happen.

My opinion, JVR & ROU is a better franchise core then Carter & Richards.

Razor the Goalie is offline  
Old
06-21-2011, 07:11 PM
  #524
MsWoof
Registered User
 
MsWoof's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,532
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldberg The Goalie View Post
In all fairness, do we really know what goes on behind that locker room door?

Perhaps Carter and Richards feel like they are better then everyone and management feels it has gone to far with ego.

OR

It has nothing to do with it at all and this is just keeping the Flyers in the news just like the Eagles do in their off season negative or positive, they like to stay in the news, traffic to their site (Ads = More Money)

Ed Snider wants this team to win just as much as we do.

Im over man crushes on these players, after that lapse last season I am prepared for anything that has to happen.

My opinion, JVR & ROU is a better franchise core then Carter & Richards.
JvR hasn't proven himself and Roo isn't as good as Richards.

MsWoof is offline  
Old
06-21-2011, 07:20 PM
  #525
tuckrr
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 2,602
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MsWoof View Post
JvR hasn't proven himself and Roo isn't as good as Richards.
i disagree...JvR is as proven more than carter in the playoffs, and richards V roo is a debate worth having.

tuckrr is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:46 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.