HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Edm/nj

Old
06-11-2011, 03:19 PM
big ape

vCash: 500
Edm/nj

To Edm:4th ov,Brian Rolston( threat of waivers)salary dump

To NJ:19th ov
Alex Plante(former 15th ov)
Cal 3rd (this year)
Is this close or does Edm need to take another salary back,or add a prospect.

big ape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2011, 03:28 PM
NJD1982

Nope

NJD1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2011, 03:36 PM
Jerzey Devil

Not worth it. Only one year left on Rolston's contract.

Jerzey Devil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2011, 03:36 PM
bhboarder89

By giving up the 4th overall, the Devils then miss out on the chance to possibly draft a franchise player depending on the otucome of the 3 teams picking ahead of them. Therefore they need to receive something that at elast adds up to that in the trade.

bhboarder89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2011, 03:37 PM
Hampe
The Hampster

No need to get rid of a top five pick just to save some salary.

Hampe is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2011, 03:37 PM
JSC
Registered Sniper

That's not nearly enough coming from EDM. You need to add Gagner, probably even more.

JSC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2011, 03:46 PM
big ape

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jvirk View Post
That's not nearly enough coming from EDM. You need to add Gagner, probably even more.
Can' give up Gagner wih the package purposed,he was 6th overall,the 19th has to come off for this to work.Iwas trying not to send money back to NJ.

Old
06-11-2011, 03:49 PM
I am the Liquor

vCash: 8345

I am the Liquor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2011, 03:51 PM
The Nuge
Farewell Smytty

vCash: 1026
I'd do Gagner, Plante, Calgary's 3rd and 19th for 4th and Rolston without a doubt

The Nuge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2011, 04:05 PM
Saugus
Ecrasez l'infame!

Send a message via AIM to Saugus
The Devils are not trading out of the top 5 to dump a guy with one year left on his contract, who is only overpaid by about $2 M.

This is the highest pick the Devils have had in 20 years. Think about that before offering crap for it.

Saugus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Devils Trap
Cory's Better

Send a message via AIM to Devils Trap
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oilersfan2354 View Post
I'd do Gagner, Plante, Calgary's 3rd and 19th for 4th and Rolston without a doubt
Devils dont soooo doesnt matter.

Devils Trap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
big ape

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oilersfan2354 View Post
Wow,ok leys make this the new purposal.That's alot imo,but it takes alot to get a lottery pick.

Old
06-11-2011, 04:06 PM
Koto

yeah i dont think nj will trade it simply because they never draft this high

unfortunately it would probably take an untouchable like MPS, and from what ive read NJ doesnt even need wingers, they need a 1st line center or #1 PMD...which the oilers dont have

Koto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2011, 04:06 PM
Devils Trap
Cory's Better

Quote:
Originally Posted by big ape View Post
Wow,ok leys make this the new purposal.That's alot imo,but it takes alot to get a lottery pick.

Old
06-11-2011, 04:09 PM
Kershaw

vCash: 50
I am questioning why Oilers fans would trade Gagner+ for an unproven pick in a weak draft. He's put up 4 straight 40+ point seasons to start his career with mostly crappy linemates and rookies. (Nilsson, Cogliano, Paajarvi, Omark)

He is only 21 and still can fill in for the Oilers 2nd line center spot. He was 2nd on the team in points also for the 2nd consecutive year all at the age of 21!

Kershaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2011, 04:10 PM
Devils Trap
Cory's Better

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duskfamous View Post
I am questioning why Oilers fans would trade Gagner+ for an unproven pick in a weak draft. He's put up 4 straight 40+ point seasons to start his career with mostly crappy linemates and rookies. (Nilsson, Cogliano, Paajarvi, Omark)

He is only 21 and still can fill in for the Oilers 2nd line center spot. He was 2nd on the team in points also for the 2nd consecutive year all at the age of 21!
Top 8 in this years draft is worth way more than Gagner. The Draft overall is weak however , the top 8 is above average according to scouts.

Old
06-11-2011, 04:11 PM
I am the Liquor

Quote:

It would help if you saw him play.

Old
06-11-2011, 04:13 PM
Kershaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevsFan7545 View Post
Top 8 in this years draft is worth way more than Gagner. The Draft overall is weak however , the top 8 is above average according to scouts.
There is no way to prove this. Gagner is a young proven commodity the Oilers management highly covets. The pick is questionable to make the NHL at this point.

Old
06-11-2011, 04:16 PM
The Nuge
Farewell Smytty

vCash: 1026
Quote:

Because I want a big two way center to play behind RNH. SC is a much better option behind RNH than Gagner

The Nuge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2011, 04:17 PM
Kershaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by I am the Liquor View Post
It would help if you saw him play.
I have seen many Oilers games, about 5-10 per year because my dad's a huge oilers fan.

You're right that Gagner doesn't really stand out, but in some stretches of games he scores and generates offense. His physical play and faceoffs are a huge concern, but I think it should get better as he fills out.

Old
06-11-2011, 04:23 PM
big ape

Quote:

It's not as weak as some people suggest,it's not 79 draft,but in 4 -5 years people will be saying that was a good draft year.
Hoping to get Hamilton,never wanted to add Gagner,but realize now original purposal is weak for a lottery pick.Still think there's a trade to be made betweem these two teams.Zubrus another salary dump?

Old
06-11-2011, 04:23 PM
I am the Liquor

Quote:
I have seen many Oilers games, about 5-10 per year because my dad's a huge oilers fan.

You're right that Gagner doesn't really stand out, but in some stretches of games he scores and generates offense. His physical play and faceoffs are a huge concern, but I think it should get better as he fills out.
He is slow, weak and small. The alarming thing to me is he hasnt really progressed since his impressive rookie season. He seems to me to be lacking confidence as well. He showed up at training camp and was very unimpressive. And it just carried on into the season.

He has good vision/passing/playmaking skills, but he seems to be struggling with the bigger, faster players in the nhl.

Unless he can get faster/stronger/bigger or some combination of those, I dont expect him to progress that much. Is it impossible? No. Is it likely? Probably not, but who knows?

Old
06-11-2011, 04:25 PM
I am the Liquor

Quote:
Originally Posted by big ape View Post
It's not as weak as some people suggest,it's not 79 draft,but in 4 -5 years people will be saying that was a good draft year.
Hoping to get Hamilton,never wanted to add Gagner,but realize now original purposal is weak for a lottery pick.Still think there's a trade to be made betweem these two teams.Zubrus another salary dump?
His bench press total at the combine was one. Uno. Onze.

He spends more time on the seat of his pants than a city bus driver.

Old
06-11-2011, 04:39 PM
Saugus
Ecrasez l'infame!

Send a message via AIM to Saugus
Quote:
Originally Posted by Koto View Post
yeah i dont think nj will trade it simply because they never draft this high

unfortunately it would probably take an untouchable like MPS, and from what ive read NJ doesnt even need wingers, they need a 1st line center or #1 PMD...which the oilers dont have
This guy gets it. If the Oilers want another top 5 pick, don't come asking the Devils.

Saugus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2011, 04:53 PM
Koto

i feel like nyi is the only target simply because im under the impression they are likely looking for a defencemen, but they would need the 8 or 9 coming back in addition to the 19, i wonder if bogosian is desirable to them...

Koto is offline   Reply With Quote