HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Tor - Chi (draft day)

Old
06-11-2011, 03:37 PM
blueandwhiteforever9

vCash: 500
Tor - Chi (draft day)

Toronto:
18th pick
36th pick
48th pick

Chicago:
25th pick
29th pick/30th pick
39th pick
130th pick

why Toronto does this:
Burke gets the chance to pick someone who suprisingly fell from the top 15 (if this happens) or pick someone they really want and think might be off the board before we would pick at 25th.

Possibly Drafting:
Mcneill/Armia/Scheifiele/Phillips/Jenner/Jensen/Beaulieu

He then moves down 6 or 7 spots in late first/early 2nd going from 29th/30th to 36th

Possibly Drafting:
Rattie/Biggs/Musil/Percy.

To make this a considerable deal on Chicago's end, they trade down again in the 2nd round from 39th to 48th.

Possibly Drafting:
Cattenacci/Rakell/Rask/Prince/Lessio/Ritchie/St.Croix/Ambroz
*could pick one of these players with 36th pick if players mentioned at possibly being available at 36th were picked already

Burke stated that he believes there isnt a major difference from players being drafted between 20th-50th, and he ends up picking once before there and twice during that range. The 5th rounder was added to try to even out deal.

why Chicago does this:
First of all, I won't go through the whole trade break down like i did above. I will only speculate about why Chicago would do this. If Chicago had a player they really wanted who recently got picked, and they like some players who they expect could fall 7 spots, than this would be a smart deal for them. They get to move up 6/7 spots and 9 spots to draft once in late first round, and early in 2nd round.

I know that alot of people suggest a deal like 25th pick + 39th pick for a pick in 17-22 range (from Toronto fans), but i'd personally like to have 3 picks in the first two rounds if its possible. The only changes needed would be that Chicago gives us their 48th for the 39th (instead of it being a throw in), and they also get Toronto's late first for their early 2nd. Then add a later pick from Toronto's end.

I know this is a complex trade, spent some time thinking about how I could get the value right. If this deal is considered fair value, I still believe it would be a conditional deal that only happens if Burke really wants a player still available at 18th, and if Chicago is content in moving back to improve their later picks in first 2 rounds. I know Chicago has quite a few decent prospects and might rather just pick BPA at 18th, but think this could could potentially work for both sides involved.

Let me know what you think!

blueandwhiteforever9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2011, 03:43 PM
Rschmitz

Seems fair...i guess? How can somebody possibly go into this much depth over slight draft repositioning weeks before the draft?

Rschmitz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2011, 04:10 PM
Bubba88
Toews = Savior

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueandwhiteforever9 View Post
Toronto:
18th pick
36th pick
48th pick

Chicago:
25th pick
29th pick/30th pick
39th pick
130th pick
Done. Because it would be 18 + 36 for that package. 48 was traded for campoli

Bubba88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2011, 08:11 PM
Jeffrey Lebowski
Luuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueandwhiteforever9 View Post
Toronto:
18th pick
36th pick
48th pick

Chicago:
25th pick
29th pick/30th pick
39th pick
130th pick
So essentially, Hawks trade the 18th pick for 25th and 29th pick, then the 36th and 48th for 39th and 130th?

I don't see this being really all that fair. I'd rather keep our higher picks... we don't need more prospects, we need to get the best prospects we can. I'm sure the Hawks will find someone they like at #18.

So in short, quality > quantity for our selections. I see the Hawks giving quality to the Leafs for quantity.

Jeffrey Lebowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2011, 08:41 PM
My Sweet Shadow

I thinks it's a good idea, just a little complicated.

Maybe boil it down to 25th+29th for 18th? Personally, unless McNeill is still available, I'd rather keep the two later 1sts if I were the Leafs, but I think the value is pretty close based on prior trades.

My Sweet Shadow is offline   Reply With Quote