HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Toronto - Philly

Old
06-13-2011, 07:52 AM
Mansfield
possession obsession

vCash: 500
isnt briere a winger anyway?

Mansfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2011, 08:22 AM
Vikke
FHM 13 researcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mansfield View Post
isnt briere a winger anyway?
He can play both, but his offense is a lot better when he's playing C.

Vikke is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2011, 08:57 AM
WreckItRask

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlMo View Post
I doubt that......you do remember there is a salary cap?
Semantics, but I said 15 better offers, not offers from 15 different teams. I'd be willing to bet that at least 10 teams in the NHL would be willing to take on Briere's contract (considering he's a PPG player and a killer in the playoffs), and would be more than willing to offer a better package than a pile of low level prospects and a 4th line center (of which Bozak is at best in Philly).

My point is that the OP was essentially saying we'll take Briere off your hands and we'll fill your AHL roster up for you. Well, if Briere was available for a package even close to this, then I'd bet almost half the teams would try to make that happen.

WreckItRask is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2011, 09:13 AM
sickest flow bro

Quote:
Originally Posted by dredeye View Post
AHL fodder doesn't tend to get a teams captain. Yet another embarrassment for leafs fans. How nice of you to do Philly such a nice favour. Why don't you add in JVR because he's good and likely is gonna want a lot of money one day
Richards?

And I'm sure the Oilers would trade Horcoff and Rangers would trade Drury for that package

sickest flow bro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2011, 09:19 AM
theIceWookie
Pessimism Revoked

Quote:
Originally Posted by sa cyred View Post
Eh, its just that we are tired of the Leafs fans proposals of "our quantity for your quality because you need capspace!!!!!!!!" kind of ****. It has been said about 100 times. We can EASILY create capspace to sign Bryz by getting rid of a smaller, non as important guy. IE Carle/Versteeg. And truthfully, say CLB is really offering up the 8th overall and Voracek for Carter... do you really counter with this proposal?
So it wasn't a great proposal. However your going to lose some of those lesser player for nothing and your not going to be able to replace them.

No one is going to give you anything for Versteeg. He had a decent season but if your moving him, he's on his way to his 4th team in just over a year. That tends to devalue a player, and that's assuming other GM's aren't thinking that maybe there might be a reason three team have moved him within such a short time.

Carle won't get you nearly a much as you think either. Holmgren played his cards by going after Bryz. For one, it seems he only does well on a deep team. He doesn't have a high offensive output and his price is high for what he does. Team could go after Kaberle, Wizniewski, Markov, Pitkanen, McCabe for only the cash it takes, and only have to pay maybe up to 1.25 million more. The plus? They get more from each of those players over what they get with Carle. They could go for cheap option like White or Babchuk or Ericcson and get the same for cheaper.

Team know they don't have to offer full value or near it. GM's aren't stupid. Look at Chicago last year, they had the same issue. They got absolutely taken in the trades they had. They just had the luxury of having a deep prospect pool that could be ued to replace that lost depth. Philly does not have that luxury. Losing Carle opens up a top 4 spot that Philly can't fill cheap. Losing Versteeg opens up a 3rd line spot that Philly might not be able to fill effectively to the same level Versteeg played at.

If you can get Briere to waive his NMC he makes the most sense to move. I admit the value was off. I don't think the logic of moving him is. You move him and Giroux and Carter can step up (not an out their scenario). Your clear the cap space for Bryz and you get some assets to restock your system a little or to trade later should you need them for a cup run. Your going to hit a wall sooner or later where you have top end depth but no bottom end depth.

theIceWookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2011, 09:32 AM
WreckItRask

Quote:
Originally Posted by reinjosh View Post
So it wasn't a great proposal. However your going to lose some of those lesser player for nothing and your not going to be able to replace them.

No one is going to give you anything for Versteeg. He had a decent season but if your moving him, he's on his way to his 4th team in just over a year. That tends to devalue a player, and that's assuming other GM's aren't thinking that maybe there might be a reason three team have moved him within such a short time.

Carle won't get you nearly a much as you think either. Holmgren played his cards by going after Bryz. For one, it seems he only does well on a deep team. He doesn't have a high offensive output and his price is high for what he does. Team could go after Kaberle, Wizniewski, Markov, Pitkanen, McCabe for only the cash it takes, and only have to pay maybe up to 1.25 million more. The plus? They get more from each of those players over what they get with Carle. They could go for cheap option like White or Babchuk or Ericcson and get the same for cheaper.

Team know they don't have to offer full value or near it. GM's aren't stupid. Look at Chicago last year, they had the same issue. They got absolutely taken in the trades they had. They just had the luxury of having a deep prospect pool that could be ued to replace that lost depth. Philly does not have that luxury. Losing Carle opens up a top 4 spot that Philly can't fill cheap. Losing Versteeg opens up a 3rd line spot that Philly might not be able to fill effectively to the same level Versteeg played at.

If you can get Briere to waive his NMC he makes the most sense to move. I admit the value was off. I don't think the logic of moving him is. You move him and Giroux and Carter can step up (not an out their scenario). Your clear the cap space for Bryz and you get some assets to restock your system a little or to trade later should you need them for a cup run. Your going to hit a wall sooner or later where you have top end depth but no bottom end depth.
As a fellow Flyer outsider, I actually agree with you that now might be the time to move Briere. He'll be 34 by the start of next season, he's coming off two solid seasons in a row (including two spectacular postseasons), and you have to wonder if now is the most valuable he'll ever be in terms of trade value. I think if you're Holmgren you have to at least explore what his value is on the market (it's more than a pile of second tier prospects) this offseason.

Just an FYI, but based on this thread I think Philly fans are annoyed by the "types" of trade offers for Briere, not necessarily the fact that he's being speculated as trade fodder. As a Bruins fan, I'll tell you that it gets annoying when other team's fans tell you over and over again that your team is against the cap, and therefore you need to trade X player for nothing.

Old
06-13-2011, 09:58 AM
theIceWookie
Pessimism Revoked

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyler Sanguine View Post
As a fellow Flyer outsider, I actually agree with you that now might be the time to move Briere. He'll be 34 by the start of next season, he's coming off two solid seasons in a row (including two spectacular postseasons), and you have to wonder if now is the most valuable he'll ever be in terms of trade value. I think if you're Holmgren you have to at least explore what his value is on the market (it's more than a pile of second tier prospects) this offseason.

Just an FYI, but based on this thread I think Philly fans are annoyed by the "types" of trade offers for Briere, not necessarily the fact that he's being speculated as trade fodder. As a Bruins fan, I'll tell you that it gets annoying when other team's fans tell you over and over again that your team is against the cap, and therefore you need to trade X player for nothing.
Yeah I got that. I admit the offer might not have been the greatest. I'd still argue that they won't get full price and someone has to move. Briere is the best option in my opinion.

Old
06-13-2011, 11:44 AM
King of Kelvington

This trade proposal is getting some interest in prime time... (scroll to the bottom)

http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/blog/puc...urn=nhl-wp7081

King of Kelvington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2011, 11:46 AM
Spongolium*
Potato Magician

Look what you did eskin, you son of a *****

Spongolium* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2011, 11:59 AM
WreckItRask

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pulp Friction View Post
This trade proposal is getting some interest in prime time... (scroll to the bottom)

That is perfect. For those too lazy to click the link or on their phone, here's the Puck Daddy quote he's referring to.

Quote:
Perfect HFBoards trade proposal of the week

User "reinjosh" has an idea to jumpstart the Leafs' offense.

To Toronto:
Danny Briere

To Philly:
Tyler Bozak(notes)
Luca Caputi(notes)
Koriban Holzer
Jeremy D'Amigo
Toronto 2011 2nd round pick

Love it.

Old
06-13-2011, 12:06 PM
dredeye
BJ Elitist/Hipster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tnk 4 Frk 2012 View Post
Richards?

And I'm sure the Oilers would trade Horcoff and Rangers would trade Drury for that package

brain fart on the captain thing but you get my point

dredeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2011, 12:13 PM
theIceWookie
Pessimism Revoked

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyler Sanguine View Post
That is perfect. For those too lazy to click the link or on their phone, here's the Puck Daddy quote he's referring to.
Well I don`t think I`m going to be posting such moronic trade proposals anymore...lol. I deserved that.

Old
06-13-2011, 12:15 PM
CharlieGirl
Get well soon Kimmo

Quote:
Originally Posted by reinjosh View Post
Well I don`t think I`m going to be posting such moronic trade proposals anymore...lol. I deserved that.
Buddy, how many people get a mention in Puck Daddy? You're famous!

CharlieGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2011, 12:16 PM
theIceWookie
Pessimism Revoked

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieGirl View Post
Buddy, how many people get a mention in Puck Daddy? You're famous!
Haha yeah, not exactly the type of fame I was looking for. Meh, I`ll take it and move forward. Live and learn right. Maybe next time I think through it a little more.

Old
06-14-2011, 12:01 PM
Villedelphia*

Is Jeremy D'amigo any better than Jerry D'amigo?

Villedelphia* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2011, 12:05 PM
Spongolium*
Potato Magician

Ha did the OP change his name because of the puck daddy thing! ha ha ha

Spongolium* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2011, 12:31 PM
dredeye
BJ Elitist/Hipster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spongolium View Post
Ha did the OP change his name because of the puck daddy thing! ha ha ha
That's hilarious and I didn't notice it. You should pm him.

Nevermind I just did

dredeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2011, 12:38 PM
phlocky

Yes he DID change his name, I noticed it earlier.

Alas, can we please close this thread, it's just aweful and doesn't need to be continued. Nothing productive is coming of it and nobody needs to have it bumped to the top again so that anyone is even TEMPTED to open it and read it.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE let this thread die.

phlocky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2011, 10:21 PM
Xbardown11

To Toronto:
Danny Briere

To Philly:
Rick Flair
Yao Ming
Keano Reeves
Mr. Garrison
2nd round 2019

Xbardown11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2011, 10:42 PM
ProstheticConscience
WWIII

vCash: 883
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pulp Friction View Post

Okay, that is pretty damn funny. Just have to wonder how bad a trade proposal has to get around here before it's cited as a possibility by NHL.com.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phlocky View Post
Yes he DID change his name, I noticed it earlier.

Alas, can we please close this thread, it's just aweful and doesn't need to be continued. Nothing productive is coming of it and nobody needs to have it bumped to the top again so that anyone is even TEMPTED to open it and read it.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE let this thread die.
Mua-hahahahaha! Consider it bumped again.

ProstheticConscience is offline   Reply With Quote