HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Ehrhoff UFA contract

Old
06-12-2011, 11:29 PM
almostawake

vCash: 500
If he makes it to UFA some one will offer 6M+ long term. Will he sign that offer? Who knows what his priorities are right now, but if you're a team that only has money to offer I wouldn't expect him to come for anything less than 6M.

almostawake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2011, 12:43 AM
Lonny Bohonos
Kassian = P.A.G.A.N

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoodstar View Post
How much is he actually worth if he disregard the fact that he's a UFA? He's a 50 point player who gets a majority of his points on the PP but does not QB it. 4.2 million?
This.

He probabaly closer to 4.5-5.

But Henrik is the PP QB.

Some people mistake the term QB as the guy in the back end where as it's meant to describe the guy who calls the shots more than where he's positioned.

The issue that I think will be realized with him if he goes somewhere else is he's not the type of player to grab the game or realistically a shift by the balls.

To me he's a good dman with good skating and puckhandking abilities but he really needs someone to drive the play.

Lonny Bohonos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2011, 01:09 AM
TheBigTicket

he will sign for no more than 4.5-5m in vancouver. no way does he get more money then kesler

TheBigTicket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2011, 03:02 AM
Saren
Multi Pass!

If Brian Campbell got $7 million on the market, you can bet your ass he's going to get at minimum $6 million. If he stays with the Canucks and signs before July 1st, he'll probably be around the $4.5-$5 million ballpark just like Bieksa.

Saren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2011, 03:25 AM
AntonRodin*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saren View Post
If Brian Campbell got $7 million on the market, you can bet your ass he's going to get at minimum $6 million. If he stays with the Canucks and signs before July 1st, he'll probably be around the $4.5-$5 million ballpark just like Bieksa.
If Wade Redden got $6.5 million on the market........

AntonRodin* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2011, 04:20 AM
Bubba88
Toews = Savior

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBigTicket View Post
he will sign for no more than 4.5-5m in vancouver. no way does he get more money then kesler
no way Ehrhoff accepts less than his marked value.

Seabs got 5.8
Buff got 5.2
both as RFA

no way Ehrhoff will accept less than what Seabs got. He is a UFA and can chose to team he wants.

Bubba88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2011, 04:47 AM
Saren
Multi Pass!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubba88 View Post
no way Ehrhoff accepts less than his marked value.
Well that settles that.

Saren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2011, 05:05 AM
Freudian
Patty likes beef

vCash: 50
Last year of the CBA I think a lot of teams will be weary of taking on a huge contract. I think Erhoffs contract will be a surprise in that it won't be as big as many think. I could see him get $25M over 5 years.

Freudian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2011, 08:46 AM
Luck 6
\\_______

Ehrhoff has stated he wants to play for a winning organisation. Given that, how many legit contenders out there need a guy like him?

Anaheim
Detroit
San Jose
Tampa Bay
Washington (maybe)
Vancouver

If Ehrhoff likes Vancouver, and we're willing to go to 5.2mil, do you think any of these teams are willing to go that much over it to sign him? It just seems unlikely to me. I say he returns to Van longterm. My hunch tells me somehow Gillis gets him at under 5 too, and hes once again praised as the money puck overlord haha.

Luck 6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2011, 09:23 AM
Bubba88
Toews = Savior

tell me why he should accept a deal that pays him 1+ million less a year?

and don't tell me because he wants to win the Cup - he will win it this year
and don't tell me he likes Vancouver - he will like his new home

he may be the best UFA DMen this year (if you take out Lidstrom who won't sign with another team) and with the Cap going up 2-3 million teams can offer him 5.8+ million a year

possible destinations
DET
TBL
NJD
BOS (if they don't resign Kaberle)
BUF

outside chance
WSH
DAL (need a guy like him but won't happen)
MTL (if Markov won't come back)
SJS (they need him - but I doubt he wants to go back to the team that traded him away)

and this are only the teams that have a good chance to make the POs next season. CBJ, EDM, CAR and TOR need him too.

Old
06-13-2011, 09:52 AM
Prussian_Blue

Quote:
If Brian Campbell got $7 million on the market, you can bet your ass he's (Ehrhoff) going to get at minimum $6 million.
Ehrhoff's dad isn't working for the NHL, as Campbell's was when he was a FA.

And you can bet your @$$ that Bill Wirtz is spinning in his grave that any player on "his" Blackhawks is getting that kind of money...

I know it's an established practice to use what other players have gotten as a guideline for what your guy should get, but IMO it's ridiculous. I happen to believe that Ehrhoff is a much better defenseman, offensively and defensively, than Campbell... but I still wouldn't pay him more than $5 million a year on a long-term deal.

Quote:
If he stays with the Canucks and signs before July 1st, he'll probably be around the $4.5-$5 million ballpark just like Bieksa.
If he believes he can get $6MM-plus on the market, and if you and other Canuck fans believe he can get $6MM-plus on the market, why on earth would he "settle" for $4.5MM per year on a long-term deal from Vancouver?

And if Bieksa gets $4.5MM a year, isn't Ehrhoff -- who's a better and more productive player than Bieksa -- worth more?

Prussian_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2011, 10:10 AM
Force951

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luck 6 View Post
Ehrhoff has stated he wants to play for a winning organisation. Given that, how many legit contenders out there need a guy like him?

Anaheim
Detroit
San Jose
Tampa Bay
Washington (maybe)
Vancouver

If Ehrhoff likes Vancouver, and we're willing to go to 5.2mil, do you think any of these teams are willing to go that much over it to sign him? It just seems unlikely to me. I say he returns to Van longterm. My hunch tells me somehow Gillis gets him at under 5 too, and hes once again praised as the money puck overlord haha.
Ducks don't need him and aren't interested in adding a top 4 Dman. We have Fowler and Visnovsky both of which will likely put up more points then him next year.

Force951 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2011, 10:12 AM
bardown88

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prussian_Blue View Post

And you can bet your @$$ that Bill Wirtz is spinning in his grave that any player on "his" Blackhawks is getting that kind of money...

I know it's an established practice to use what other players have gotten as a guideline for what your guy should get, but IMO it's ridiculous. I happen to believe that Ehrhoff is a much better defenseman, offensively and defensively, than Campbell... but I still wouldn't pay him more than $5 million a year on a long-term deal.

If he believes he can get $6MM-plus on the market, and if you and other Canuck fans believe he can get $6MM-plus on the market, why on earth would he "settle" for $4.5MM per year on a long-term deal from Vancouver?

And if Bieksa gets $4.5MM a year, isn't Ehrhoff -- who's a better and more productive player than Bieksa -- worth more?
colin campbell isnt the father of everyone named campbell

bardown88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2011, 10:19 AM
coldsteelonice84

vCash: 10592
Ehrhoff is that one guy this year that I think is going to get way more than he's worth, could be as high as 6.5M a year.

And I know Vancouver fans want him back but I just don't see MG paying that kind of price for him, nor should he.

coldsteelonice84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2011, 10:45 AM
magic school bus

vCash: 1965
Vancouver has a good GM. i wouldnt be surprised if GMMG gets him cheaper than most (in here) expect.

magic school bus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2011, 11:00 AM
TSA0402

If Ehrhoff demands to go to a contender, that is going to lower his contract a ton. Basically eliminating a good 3/4 of the teams that have an interest that will shell out decent money. Most don't have the cap space for anything more than what Vancouver would offer, which begs the question why he would bother leaving?

TSA0402 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2011, 11:16 AM
hoodstar

Money isn't everything. Let's just hope Ehrhoff feels that way.

hoodstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2011, 12:03 PM
Bobby Lou
We Surrender

Quote:
Originally Posted by coldsteelonice84 View Post
Ehrhoff is that one guy this year that I think is going to get way more than he's worth, could be as high as 6.5M a year.

And I know Vancouver fans want him back but I just don't see MG paying that kind of price for him, nor should he.
I'd agree with this; the one wild card is whether or not Ehrhoff really values playing for a winning organization. I could see a team closer to the cap floor offering him a longer term deal around that $6-$6.5 million range (there was reported offers of over $5 million per year for Hamhuis). I don't know if Ehrhoff will take the money from a less competitive team or whether he wants to stay with a winning organization and takes slightly less money to play for a better team.

Like I said in my original post, I doubt a contender goes much above the $5.5 million mark; though I definitely expect lesser teams with a ton of cap room to offer him around $6.5 million (which is a bad contract) since a lot of these teams have to overpay to attract free agents.

Bobby Lou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2011, 01:46 PM
topnotch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby Lou View Post
I'd agree with this; the one wild card is whether or not Ehrhoff really values playing for a winning organization. I could see a team closer to the cap floor offering him a longer term deal around that $6-$6.5 million range (there was reported offers of over $5 million per year for Hamhuis). I don't know if Ehrhoff will take the money from a less competitive team or whether he wants to stay with a winning organization and takes slightly less money to play for a better team.

Like I said in my original post, I doubt a contender goes much above the $5.5 million mark; though I definitely expect lesser teams with a ton of cap room to offer him around $6.5 million (which is a bad contract) since a lot of these teams have to overpay to attract free agents.

It also depends wich teams Erhoff considers "winning organizations". Toronto has a lot of money to spend and could have made the playoffs this year with Erhoff. If they were to add Richards then Erhoff could easily find his way to value Toronto as a playoff team.

There are probably 10 teams that are down-sliding and have lengthly rebuild periods that Erhoff will pass on. I'm guessing the rest are in play if they find the money.

topnotch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2011, 01:58 PM
Bobby Lou
We Surrender

Quote:
Originally Posted by topnotch View Post
It also depends wich teams Erhoff considers "winning organizations". Toronto has a lot of money to spend and could have made the playoffs this year with Erhoff. If they were to add Richards then Erhoff could easily find his way to value Toronto as a playoff team.

There are probably 10 teams that are down-sliding and have lengthly rebuild periods that Erhoff will pass on. I'm guessing the rest are in play if they find the money.
It's pretty clear in my mind; if teams like the Leafs go after Ehrhoff they'll be paying in the $6 million neighbourhood, possibly more. I simply can't see a contending team going that far over $5 million per year, and I can't see Ehrhoff taking that money from a rebuilding or non-contending team.

Bobby Lou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2011, 02:19 PM
Bubba88
Toews = Savior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prussian_Blue View Post

1. Greg Campbell is the son of Colin Campbell....
2. Who cares about Wirtz? Are you trying to make a joke? Not funny

Old
06-13-2011, 02:27 PM
topnotch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby Lou View Post
It's pretty clear in my mind; if teams like the Leafs go after Ehrhoff they'll be paying in the $6 million neighbourhood, possibly more. I simply can't see a contending team going that far over $5 million per year, and I can't see Ehrhoff taking that money from a rebuilding or non-contending team.
I agree the Leafs would probably have to outbid Vancouver by 1 million per year to pry Erhoff away.

My point was that while Toronto is not thought of as a Cup contender, they aren't that far away from the playoffs. My guess is that if Toronto were to make an offer for Erhoff at 6 million they would get serious thought. Unlike Florida who Erhoff will not go to unless for an obscene amount of money.

topnotch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2011, 02:34 PM
Bubba88
Toews = Savior

If the Nucks want to give him 5 million at best, another team will pay 1+ more a year, no doubt about it.

and if you think about the Leafs, TO is a good city aswell and maybe having German players/prospects help to get him.