HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

T.J. Oshie to Ottawa

Old
06-12-2011, 05:43 PM
Celtic Note
Not in Ferguson

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manked View Post
I disagree. There are plenty of assets that don't involve Cowen:

-6th Overall Pick
-Patrick Wiercioch
But could they be packaged in a way that makes sense for both clubs?

Celtic Note is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2011, 05:46 PM
Pyke*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zundo View Post
Oshie is much better offensively that Fisher was at the same age, so I question the marginally comment, Oshie also projects as a 1st line RW or at worse 1st-2nd line tweeter. Fisher never reached that point.

I am not going to argue whether he is worth the cost of obtaining. I don't follow the Sens close enough to make an informed comment, so I will leave that up to OTT fans.
He doesn't project to be a 1st line RW. He's at best a 2nd line RW, who will always leave you wanting more. It's just not worth it to acquire that kind of player.

Pyke* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2011, 05:47 PM
Celtic Note
Not in Ferguson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyke View Post
He doesn't project to be a 1st line RW. He's at best a 2nd line RW, who will always leave you wanting more. It's just not worth it to acquire that kind of player.
Ok

Old
06-12-2011, 05:48 PM
TSA0402

St. Louis isnt looking for more setbacks. They are looking to compete and now with their young core.

I dont think Oshie is worth the cost of obtaining right now. Its not that he is a bad player, right now Ottawa should not be looking to pull a Burke and turn this into a six month rebuild plan.

TSA0402 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2011, 05:50 PM
Celtic Note
Not in Ferguson

Quote:
Originally Posted by TSA0402 View Post
St. Louis isnt looking for more setbacks. They are looking to compete and now with their young core.

I dont think Oshie is worth the cost of obtaining right now. Its not that he is a bad player, right now Ottawa should not be looking to pull a Burke and turn this into a six month rebuild plan.
As an outsider looking in, I couldn't agree more. OTT is setting up very nicely. Remain patient and keep building and good things could happen.

Old
06-12-2011, 05:56 PM
bleedblue1223
OMAHA!!!

vCash: 270
Quote:
Originally Posted by TSA0402 View Post

Do what we did and stockpile picks. Make trades for younger players with low value like we did with Boyes. Make trades for productive vets with low value, like we did with McDonald.

Rebuilding teams should not be trading for players like Oshie, it just won't help them that much because they need to acquire as many assets as possible, not trade multiple assets for one. That is why the only logical deal is a package that includes Oshie for Spezza.

bleedblue1223 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2011, 06:09 PM
Marvelous Manked
Ooh to be a Gooner

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Grouch View Post
The problem with that is the Blues aren't in a position to trade an impact player for futures.
Understood.

To

Filip Kuba
Peter Regin
2013 7th Round Pick

To

TJ Oshie

Marvelous Manked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2011, 06:09 PM
TSA0402

Quote:
As an outsider looking in, I couldn't agree more. OTT is setting up very nicely. Remain patient and keep building and good things could happen.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bleedblue1223 View Post
Do what we did and stockpile picks. Make trades for younger players with low value like we did with Boyes. Make trades for productive vets with low value, like we did with McDonald.

Rebuilding teams should not be trading for players like Oshie, it just won't help them that much because they need to acquire as many assets as possible, not trade multiple assets for one. That is why the only logical deal is a package that includes Oshie for Spezza.
Exactly. Rather keep all picks and under the impression we really shouldnt be trading for anyone unless its a lower value type low risk high reward scenario. Spezza could prop up a forward or two and we could get an alright pick or player out of it.

Im not sure if some people realize how valuable Oshie is to the Blues.

Old
06-12-2011, 06:10 PM
TSA0402

Quote:
Understood.

To

Filip Kuba
Peter Regin
2013 7th Round Pick

To

TJ Oshie
Is that a joke.

Old
06-12-2011, 06:14 PM
The Grouch
Enraged

Quote:
Understood.

To

Filip Kuba
Peter Regin
2013 7th Round Pick

To

TJ Oshie

Counter Offer:

Stl:

TJ Oshie

Ott:

1994 6th round selection #133
2007 Eastern Conference Championship

The Grouch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2011, 06:18 PM
Celtic Note
Not in Ferguson

Quote:
Understood.

To

Filip Kuba
Peter Regin
2013 7th Round Pick

To

TJ Oshie
The first proposal you made was far an away better. This one is pretty bad for the Blues.

Old
06-12-2011, 06:22 PM
TSA0402

Turn the Kuba into Chris Phillips and still I dont see Blues even close to doing it.

Old
06-12-2011, 06:46 PM
EastonBlues22
Mod Supervisor
HFBoards: Night's Watch

Quote:
Oshie also projects as a 1st line RW or at worse 1st-2nd line tweeter. Fisher never reached that point.
That's my take on him as well. I see his prime as a 70 point player with a better than even shot at being the most complete player of anyone on the team (two-way play, physicality, leadership, etc.). Even if he tops out as a 60 point guy, which I doubt, he still has a very good shot at being the most valuable player overall on the team.

I don't see how anyone who has watched him play for the last three years can't at least allow for the possibility of that scenario coming to fruition (i.e. make a statement to the effect that his ceiling is a 2nd line guy).

If nobody wants to give that sort of value back (injury concerns, "hasn't proven it yet", etc.), I'm fine with that and think it's perfectly reasonable. I'm perfectly happy to hold onto him myself. I think his value is only going to increase, he plays an important role now, and he's cheap/controlled.

Speaking of roles, someone said earlier that he was a supporting cast type of guy. I completely disagree with that as well. He might not be the "best" player on any given team, but he's always going to be one of the most valuable. He's clearly someone who brings much more to a team than a supporting role.

EastonBlues22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2011, 07:16 PM
Chandrashekhar Limit
ORANJE 4 LYFE

Quote:
To

2011 1st Round Pick (OTT)- 6th Overall
Patrick Wiercioch
Peter Regin

To

TJ Oshie

Not enough? Didn't think so.

EDIT: While I do consider myself a good judge of player value, I'm going to admit I have no clue about this one. I'm not saying I'd do it either. I'm a huge Wiercioch fan.
Ottawa is better off holding onto those assets.

Chandrashekhar Limit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2011, 07:26 PM
Dionysus

I could see something along the lines of Weircioch + Regin, Or Weircioch + Neil if the Blues are looking for a really solid third liner to compliment their young core.

If it is at the draft, Ottawa's abundance of picks could be used to help the deal along.

No chance Ottawa trades their 6th overall in my opinion. They are rebuilding, but looking strongly at adding another young forward.

Dionysus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2011, 07:39 PM
EastonBlues22
Mod Supervisor
HFBoards: Night's Watch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dionysus View Post
I could see something along the lines of Weircioch + Regin, Or Weircioch + Neil if the Blues are looking for a really solid third liner to compliment their young core.

If it is at the draft, Ottawa's abundance of picks could be used to help the deal along.

No chance Ottawa trades their 6th overall in my opinion. They are rebuilding, but looking strongly at adding another young forward.
I think we've officially reached an impasse...

EastonBlues22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2011, 08:47 PM
SirPaste

vCash: 245
Quote:
Understood.

To

Filip Kuba
Peter Regin
2013 7th Round Pick

To

TJ Oshie
You sir, are hilarious

SirPaste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2011, 09:47 PM
Curtinho
YNWA

The top 6 won't be moved for a player. I could see Nashville's pick being shopped though. Oshie has been brought up by Yost a couple times.

NSH 1st + Wierchioch + Regin for Oshie?

Or NSH 1st + Foligno

Curtinho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2011, 09:51 PM
bleedblue1223
OMAHA!!!

vCash: 270
Quote:
Originally Posted by CPhoenixM View Post
The top 6 won't be moved for a player. I could see Nashville's pick being shopped though. Oshie has been brought up by Yost a couple times.

NSH 1st + Wierchioch + Regin for Oshie?

Or NSH 1st + Foligno
No, we need upgrades, so that means a package that includes Oshie for Spezza.

bleedblue1223 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2011, 12:28 PM
Prajna

Do the Blues fans on this board have any idea why this proposal was brought up????
Yost is not the most reliable, but he did explain his reasoning.
Based on the Blues fans responses, they did not read this.

As for Oshie vs Fisher....Oshie is a better offensive player that Fisher, no question.
Fisher is better in other areas. Oshie can and will improve in those areas. How much remains to be seen.

Prajna is offline   Reply With Quote