HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

Cbj-lak

Old
06-12-2011, 03:35 PM
markisonfire

vCash: 500
Cbj-lak

To LAK:
Rick Nash
Rights to Scottie Upshall

To CBJ:
Jack Johnson
Brayden Schenn
Wayne Simmonds

Is this a decent starting point? The point is to get Nash to play on Kopitar's wing, while retaining Doughty. Anyone but Doughty and Kopitar are on the table, really. I understand Nash is an incredible player, but Columbus needs a number of pieces and this is a pretty good return as a starting point, in my opinion.

I know, I know, this thread again. Flame away.

markisonfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2011, 03:37 PM
Heaters not lazt*

Even if the value is right, without Nash, Columbus would have a really tough time marketing that team. He's the franchise, basically. if Nash gets traded, there's gotta be a franchise player swap

Heaters not lazt* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2011, 03:40 PM
TaketheCannoli
RIP

I don't see how the Kings could get Nash unless Doughty was in the deal.

TaketheCannoli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2011, 03:40 PM
Roadman
Moving On

Nope.

For all the reasons that have put forward in all the previous Nash threads.

NTC long term contract....
Face of the Franchise....
Likes Columbus....
Captain....
Best of the "Core"....

Not going to go on.

Bye

Roadman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2011, 03:42 PM
TSA0402

That is the kind of **** return a rebuilding team would take. CBJ isnt rebuilding. It would take Doughty or Kopitar.

TSA0402 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2011, 03:45 PM
markisonfire

Quote:
Originally Posted by TSA0402 View Post
That is the kind of **** return a rebuilding team would take. CBJ isnt rebuilding. It would take Doughty or Kopitar.
Fair enough. Trading Kopitar for Nash defeats the purpose of finally getting Kopitar a winger and Nash a center. I don't think Doughty would be traded for anyone, to be honest. The closest we could get is changing Simmonds for Brown, and even then, I don't know that quantity will ever match the quality.

Old
06-12-2011, 04:04 PM
TaketheCannoli
RIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by markisonfire View Post
Fair enough. Trading Kopitar for Nash defeats the purpose of finally getting Kopitar a winger and Nash a center. I don't think Doughty would be traded for anyone, to be honest. The closest we could get is changing Simmonds for Brown, and even then, I don't know that quantity will ever match the quality.
The Oilers would love to trade Hemsky to you. They'll do it for JmfJ!

TaketheCannoli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2011, 04:16 PM
johnjm22

Elite talent never returns it's true value in a trade.

I think Nash would only get moved if some sort of rift developed between him and the organization.

I do sometimes wonder how he feels about his future with Columbus though. Especially if the Blue Jackets don't turn things around quickly. Rick isn't getting any younger.

johnjm22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2011, 04:25 PM
markisonfire

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnjm22 View Post

I think Nash would only get moved if some sort of rift developed between him and the organization.

I do sometimes wonder how he feels about his future with Columbus though. Especially if the Blue Jackets don't turn things around quickly. Rick isn't getting any younger.
My thoughts as well. While I think Nash would love nothing more than to win a cup with Columbus, I just don't see them having the pieces to accomplish it in the near future. The rest of the west is just too good. Johnson is a first pairing defenseman and Schenn is the best prospect in the world as of right now. Add in picks and prospects or roster players, whatever.

TSA said that Columbus isn't rebuilding, and I don't claim to be a Columbus fan, so I won't challenge that. The problem looks to me that aside from Nash, none of Columbus' players have seemed to reach their ceiling, and instead fall short as decent players. Brassard and Voracek are striking examples of this.

I guess I just don't see Columbus being a legitimate Stanley Cup contender in the next few years.

Old
06-12-2011, 04:29 PM
TSA0402

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnjm22 View Post

Well if he had a huge problem with Columbus I highly doubt he would have signed such a long term deal.

Columbus is looking to win now, because with their current losses and the demands for a competitive hockey team, they could realistically be relocated down the road.

Old
06-12-2011, 05:22 PM
johnjm22

Quote:
Originally Posted by TSA0402 View Post
Well if he had a huge problem with Columbus I highly doubt he would have signed such a long term deal.

Columbus is looking to win now, because with their current losses and the demands for a competitive hockey team, they could realistically be relocated down the road.
He signed that deal the year after Columbus made the playoffs, when it looked liked the franchise was finally turning the corner. Things have since unraveled a bit. Had he known the position CBJ would be in today, I wonder, in hindsight, if he would have signed such a deal.

I know Columbus wants to win NOW, but I'm not sure how realistic that is. If the team continues to struggle, I wonder how much more patience Rick will have. He wants to win.

johnjm22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2011, 05:28 PM
Double-Shift Lassť
Just post better

"Don't you see why Nash should be playing on my team instead of your cruddy ol' team? So you should be happy with whatever we offer because he's only going to get all pissy when your lil ol' team doesn't win the Stanley Cup. You should take this deal now before Nash gets mad at you."

Old
06-12-2011, 05:31 PM
TSA0402

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double-Shift Lassť View Post
"Don't you see why Nash should be playing on my team instead of your cruddy ol' team? So you should be happy with whatever we offer because he's only going to get all pissy when your lil ol' team doesn't win the Stanley Cup. You should take this deal now before Nash gets mad at you."
Ok take Nash I dont want him to be upset at me. As a peace offering I give you Mike Commodore.

Old
06-12-2011, 08:13 PM
Viqsi
carrying the flag

Send a message via AIM to Viqsi
Quote:
Oh, crap, that's exactly right!

Who else do we need to trade? Umberger? Vermette? Tyutin? All our prospects? We need to get them out of here before they realize they're playing for the Blue Jackets!

Seriously, I would have thought the issue was closed after the OP backed down earlier. But no, now we have to hear all the reasons why Nash wouldn't want to stay here. News flash, guys - Toronto threw more and better reasons at us long before y'all did. We're used to it by now. We're still not buying.

Thanks, Howson, for cleaning up MacLean's toxic waste. Welcome, Kekalainen; let's get good things built!
Viqsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2011, 08:25 PM
markisonfire

Quote:
Definitely not what I was insinuating, and I don't think the value is as far off as you're making it out to be. My follow up for Nash was Johnson, Brown, and Schenn... that is quite a bit of talent.

Old
06-12-2011, 10:11 PM
Viqsi
carrying the flag

Send a message via AIM to Viqsi
Quote:
Definitely not what I was insinuating, and I don't think the value is as far off as you're making it out to be. My follow up for Nash was Johnson, Brown, and Schenn... that is quite a bit of talent.
It is a reasonable amount of talent, despite not being enough. I'm more annoyed with the johnny-come-lately who started insinuating "oh, well, he wouldn't have signed if he knew then what he knows now".

We've been down that road, and it's kind of irritating. Best to nip it in the bud before the Psychotic Contingent of Leafs fans notice this thread and start using that justification in umpteen billion trade proposals. It'll irritate us, frustrate the Leafs fans with any sanity left, and give the mods here too much work to do.

Viqsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2011, 10:19 PM
Robin Lehner*

CBJ won't trade Nash.

Robin Lehner* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2011, 10:32 PM
CBJWennberg41
Me when I watch CBJ

Omfg can we stop with the Nash stuff.

Go back to Parise proposals.

CBJWennberg41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2011, 10:37 PM
CentreKeeper12
TheCentreKeeper

Quote:
To LAK:
Rick Nash
Rights to Scottie Upshall

To CBJ:
Jack Johnson
Brayden Schenn
Wayne Simmonds

Is this a decent starting point? The point is to get Nash to play on Kopitar's wing, while retaining Doughty. Anyone but Doughty and Kopitar are on the table, really. I understand Nash is an incredible player, but Columbus needs a number of pieces and this is a pretty good return as a starting point, in my opinion.

I know, I know, this thread again. Flame away.

If you want to see Nash on Kopitar's wing you better be sending Kopitar to Columbus. And that has about the same chance as Nash going to LA

CentreKeeper12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2011, 11:47 PM
Roof Daddy

I'm an Oilers fan and a big fan of Nash, and I think that is actually a pretty solid package. A 1-2 punch down the middle of Johansen and Schenn for the next decade would help dealing with the loss of the team's first franchise player. JJ and Simmonds aren't exactly throw ins.

Roof Daddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2011, 11:49 PM
Koto

yeah i think that this is a solid package for nash, obviously cbj cant trade him he puts fans in the seats, and is not only THE face of the franchise, hes the only face...

Koto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2011, 07:09 AM
CBJ Bob
It Smells Bad!

Dispite what many of the Columbus fans might say I'd do this deal and never look back. Although I'd miss Nash this deal would solve many of our problems both short and long term. IMO Schenn will live up to expectations, a #1 Center, and Johnson is a legit top pairing PMD. This would also open the door to trade either Brassard or Vermette for other needed pieces.

As far as what trading Nash might do to the fan base, I say it can't get any worse than it is right now. Also anyone on a team that has never won a playoff game in their existance should not be treated as untouchable.

CBJ Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2011, 08:31 AM
showtime8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roof Daddy View Post
I'm an Oilers fan and a big fan of Nash, and I think that is actually a pretty solid package. A 1-2 punch down the middle of Johansen and Schenn for the next decade would help dealing with the loss of the team's first franchise player. JJ and Simmonds aren't exactly throw ins.

Definitely agree with what you've said.

A franchise guy in Nash, but it seems like the 2 "throw ins" are all-star calibre players. Schenn is the essential part of this package, but Johnson is going to be a stud on the blueline for years and Simmonds is a key role player.

It would suck for CBJ losing Nash for all that he's done for that franchise, but this is a pretty fair proposal.

showtime8 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2011, 09:30 AM
FiveHole23

There are 2 senarios Nash gets traded.

1) he asks for it
2) the return is so ridiculously Columbus sided the other team would likely get their Gm fired.

The starting point for me would be like be doughty and Kopitar. I know that seems insane but that is what it would take to get Columbus to listen. Columbus would have to be measureably better after the trade and win the trade twice for it to happen.

Dont even bother asking for Nash. It is stupid how much he is valued here.

FiveHole23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2011, 09:54 AM
Toe Pick

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBJ Bob View Post
Dispite what many of the Columbus fans might say I'd do this deal and never look back. Although I'd miss Nash this deal would solve many of our problems both short and long term. IMO Schenn will live up to expectations, a #1 Center, and Johnson is a legit top pairing PMD. This would also open the door to trade either Brassard or Vermette for other needed pieces.

As far as what trading Nash might do to the fan base, I say it can't get any worse than it is right now. Also anyone on a team that has never won a playoff game in their existance should not be treated as untouchable.
This!

I also think it's a very fair proposal as well and would take it and run.

As much as I like Nash, winning is what will put fans back in the seats not the name on the back of a jersey.

This deal instantly makes Columbus a better team and there would be still assets/$$ remaining to make further roster upgrades.

Toe Pick is offline   Reply With Quote