HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Just finished watching Dallas win Nba Championship

Old
06-12-2011, 11:20 PM
Ogopogo*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by syz View Post
At least the Mavs won.

Can't imagine a worse year for sports than Canucks and Heat titles, the death of Tiger's career plus an NFL lockout.
I agree with half of that.

The death of Tiger's career is excellent and, I don't care about the NFL so a lockout has no effect on me.

Ogopogo* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2011, 11:30 PM
oilWILDcountry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perfect_Drug View Post
Hockey player:
We played great as a team! our goalie and coaches were amazing, our first line right down to the depth players all played their role. It took 100% from all of us.

Basketball player:
I was awesome. I took the winning shot. I won the game. I was totally awesome. I found plays, I made the key passes, I am on FIRE.
Was that what Dirk and Kidd said?

oilWILDcountry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2011, 11:56 PM
HotToddy

The NBA playoffs were really good this year, can't see why hockey fans need to continually crap on Basketball.

The Thunder/Grizzlies and the Thunder/Maverick series were fantastic and this final while subdued in it's game six has been miles better than the Stanley Cup final IMO

HotToddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2011, 12:04 AM
Hemskyfanboy83

Ya I am starting to find NBA playoffs better than NHL playoff games not involving the Oilers.

There are too many dump and chase teams in the NHL right now. The Hawks are the only team I love to watch due to their great puck movement and speed. Detroit and Washington are also fun to watch.

I also think Basketball has more interesting personalties especially their analysts. I get very bored listening to guys like Duthie and Mckenzie.

Hemskyfanboy83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2011, 12:15 AM
awesomo
HARD!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HallOfGreatness4 View Post
Agreed. If Dallas can win one, Edmonton can too.
Dallas is pretty good, Edmonton isn't that good... Yet

awesomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2011, 12:19 AM
SK13
Mo'Linguish

I'm just happy the Heat lost.

We have too much in common with the Cavaliers, I didn't feel the need for them to see Lebron win a championship the very next year after screwing the fans like we had to watch Pronger win.

(Though I'm pretty sure we got a second pick out of that, and that wound up being Jordan Eberle).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemskyfanboy83 View Post
Ya I am starting to find NBA playoffs better than NHL playoff games not involving the Oilers.

There are too many dump and chase teams in the NHL right now. The Hawks are the only team I love to watch due to their great puck movement and speed. Detroit and Washington are also fun to watch.

I also think Basketball has more interesting personalties especially their analysts. I get very bored listening to guys like Duthie and Mckenzie.
So basically... you're just completely wrong in every facet of everything?

If I didn't know about Baseball and Golf, I'd say Basketball is the most boring damned thing...

SK13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2011, 12:21 AM
Blue And Orange
#KevinLoweMustGo

As a Raptors fan, eat my excriments Christina Bosh!

Blue And Orange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2011, 12:22 AM
Moonlapse Vertigo
Katz n' MacT BFFs

LeBron comments on "haters" on ESPN radio postgame:

Quote:
When asked by reporters "Does it bother you that people enjoy seeing you fail and not win a championship?" He responds by saying "Absolutely not. At the end of the day, they still have to wake up with the same life that they have tomorrow. They will still have the same personal problems that they had before. They can enjoy it all they want but sooner or later they will have to come back to reality and deal with what they had before while I can enjoy my happy life."
This guy is a piece of garbage.

Last edited by Moonlapse Vertigo: 06-13-2011 at 12:30 AM.
Moonlapse Vertigo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2011, 12:28 AM
jbean

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonlapse Vertigo View Post

I noticed that too, kind of wish some of the media called him out on it.

I'm mad at Bosh for dumping the Raptors and accepting a supporting role (when really he is a player that should lead a team) but atleast he showed emotion after losing unlike Wade or Lebron. Bosh summed it up correctly when he said the Mavs wanted it more. This didn't look anything like the Bulls/Jazz series of the 90s. It was kind of a dud.

jbean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2011, 12:31 AM
Moonlapse Vertigo
Katz n' MacT BFFs

From a pure storyline perspective this was my favorite NBA final in a long, long time.

Old
06-13-2011, 12:36 AM
Hemskyfanboy83

Quote:
Originally Posted by SK13 View Post
I'm just happy the Heat lost.

We have too much in common with the Cavaliers, I didn't feel the need for them to see Lebron win a championship the very next year after screwing the fans like we had to watch Pronger win.

(Though I'm pretty sure we got a second pick out of that, and that wound up being Jordan Eberle).

So basically... you're just completely wrong in every facet of everything?

If I didn't know about Baseball and Golf, I'd say Basketball is the most boring damned thing...
I blame the Canucks. If they somehow lose, I will find the NHL playoffs much more exciting.

Hemskyfanboy83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2011, 12:52 AM
deanmoriarty

In the post-game clip I saw of Miami's head coach he wasn't even shook, all smiling and casual. Brought back memories of the last superbowl when opposing players were chatting it up, joking with each other during the game. Hockey has more heart than any other sport in North America.

deanmoriarty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2011, 01:58 AM
Moonlapse Vertigo
Katz n' MacT BFFs

The Blackhawks were excited after they won last year but I thought that their celebration lacked in comparison to years gone by.

This is just where sports are going...

Old
06-13-2011, 02:25 AM
SDig14

Quote:

While it's not exactly the best choice of words, the haters need to get a ****ing life. Not because Lebron is more important than any average person like he may think he is, but anyone who hates on someone else for stupid reasons is a clown IMO.

I'll never understand all the hate. If I was a Cavs fan, I'd have lost my marbles, but do random ppl really wish failure on him just because he made an event out of leaving Cleveland? Or because he wanted to play with friends? Or a war of words with his former owner? Seems a little sad.

I'm a big D-wade fan, since before the draft and in college, but don't really care at all about LBJ losing or winning.

SDig14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2011, 03:53 AM
Wheatking

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbean View Post
I noticed that too, kind of wish some of the media called him out on it.

I'm mad at Bosh for dumping the Raptors and accepting a supporting role (when really he is a player that should lead a team) but atleast he showed emotion after losing unlike Wade or Lebron. Bosh summed it up correctly when he said the Mavs wanted it more. This didn't look anything like the Bulls/Jazz series of the 90s. It was kind of a dud.
I don't know. Bosh is kind of like Hemsky. He's a very good player but if he's your best player you probably aren't winning anything.

I'll admit that I try to follow basketball but I have trouble watching it on a regular basis. I watch more golf than I do basketball. However, I was able to watch every game of the finals. It was very exciting to watch as a sports fan.

I just wish the players weren't such pansies. Wade gets applauded for playing with bruise on his hip...and he actually went off "for repairs". They should bring in Jason Smith to talk about how he captained the Flyers to the conference finals with two dislocated shoulders. In 2006 Pronger had a broken foot and still blocked 66 shots in 24 games. Many went off the skate. These guys are tough.

Quote:
The Blackhawks were excited after they won last year but I thought that their celebration lacked in comparison to years gone by.

This is just where sports are going...
I thought the Red Wings was pretty bad. They actually organized a line and center ice and everyone waited their turn to raise the cup.

Detroit's 4th cup in 11 years vs the Oilers' 4th cup. Both team's core players had already won it at least once. Who looks like they're having more fun out there?

Last edited by Wheatking: 06-13-2011 at 04:00 AM.
Wheatking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2011, 04:09 AM
The Perfect Human*
Bow Down to Lidas

Trust me, there's a difference between winning on the road and winning at home.

And for the soccer comment. Seriously? They have the most ridiculous celebrations ever. Do you not remember Italy's celebration after the 2006 World Cup? It's like they were on drugs.

The Perfect Human* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2011, 04:34 AM
Soundwave

NBA playoffs were better than the NHL playoffs this year.

Good for Dallas.

Dallas is a veteran, soft-spoken team they weren't going to go crazy. Jason Kidd has been in the league for almost 20 years, Dirk left the court because he was choking up and needed a second.

Soundwave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2011, 05:20 AM
Sunshine36616

I saw the final seconds as well. I don't trust a game with a score that high. In hockey, we stand up and have a party when someone scores, can't do that with basketball.

I work for a non-profit organization and LeBron is doing a campaign for us and did some work for us and some appearances. Everyone said he was very nice. I didn't meet him.

Sunshine36616 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2011, 05:33 AM
N O T O R I O U S
╱█████★█████╲

vCash: 120
I was happy that Dallas won but judging by their celebrations it looked like they barely care.

N O T O R I O U S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2011, 06:19 AM
Sunshine36616

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eminem View Post
I was happy that Dallas won but judging by their celebrations it looked like they barely care.
They definitely were not as excited as I expected. Hockey is the only sport I follow, not easy to explain in the south. When I see other sports traditions everything pales in comparison lol

Sunshine36616 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2011, 06:33 AM
blasted_Sabre
Global Moderator
Warden of the North

I agree with the OP. I thought the exact same thing. I was like

WTF is this? They just WON/lost. No one seems to care.

blasted_Sabre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2011, 08:59 AM
Replacement
Now with 9% more zen

Quote:

Indeed what a classless comment saying something like that. Not at all surprising coming from Lebron. Stuff like this turned me off of basketball decades ago.

ps what is it about the phrase "At the end of the day"

Is this contained in a favorite Coles notes quotes for ********** book that I don't know about?..

Last edited by Replacement: 06-13-2011 at 09:08 AM.
Replacement is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2011, 09:15 AM
ManByng
Moroz fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by IvyEyezPK View Post
Do you watch much basketball?

Anway, Nowitzki and Kidd just booked their tickets to the NBA HOF. Good for them.
i was so glad that Dirk and the Mavs finally won a title. poor Mark Cuban, like him or not, he waited a LONG time to finally win a championship. not into B ball, but did watch the final 10 minutes, and was driving my kid crazy, because i was cheering Mavs and she was cheering Heat....she loves Lebron....poor Lebron, he's now a 2 time loser in the finals

ManByng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2011, 09:36 AM
Jimmi Jenkins
Always the Bards

vCash: 612
LeBron is an insecure baby

And Mark Cuban is a very classy gentleman, inviting the original Mavs' owner to take the Championship Trophy first. Well done, imo.

Jimmi Jenkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2011, 09:40 AM
SK13
Mo'Linguish

Bosh collapsing in the hallway was hilarious.

What a *****.

SK13 is offline   Reply With Quote