HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

v15 |Report: Tentative deal reached. Season may begin as soon as Xmas day.

Closed Thread

Old
06-23-2011, 10:36 AM
topched

vCash: 500
Just wanted to point out that it now looks like Tristan Thompson is going to go 4th Overall to the Cavs. Many drafts coming out today have it going as such.

Looks like it could possibly be:

1. Irving
2. Williams
3. Kanter/Knight
4. Thompson
5. ?????????

Old
06-23-2011, 10:58 AM
91Kadri91

Quote:
Originally Posted by topched View Post
Just wanted to point out that it now looks like Tristan Thompson is going to go 4th Overall to the Cavs. Many drafts coming out today have it going as such.

1. Irving
2. Williams
3. Kanter/Knight
4. Thompson
5. ?????????
It sure looks that way.

Via Chad Ford;

Quote:
The Cavs have some serious stat guys on their staff. That may explain why they are so high on Tristan Thompson, who John Hollinger has rated third in his Draft Rater.

If the Cavs take Thompson at No. 4, I'm hearing Jonas Valanciunas, who I currently have in the 4 spot in Mock Draft 7.0, probably goes No. 8 to the Pistons.

Old
06-23-2011, 11:11 AM
91Kadri91

Woah. Big new twist.

This, once again, via Ford.

Quote:
The Raptors love Brandon Knight, but would they take Bismack Biyombo even if Knight is on the board at No. 5? I'm hearing it's a real possibility.

If Knight doesn't go fifth, there's almost no chance he gets past Sacramento at No. 7. If that's the case, then Kemba Walker could be in for that Jimmer-Kemba showdown in Utah at No. 12.

Old
06-23-2011, 11:14 AM
topched

Quote:
Originally Posted by 91Kadri91 View Post
Woah. Big new twist.

I dont know what I'm going to do if they pass up Knight for Biyombo.

They're miles apart.

I would much rather see them work a deal to get into the 15-20 range if Biyombo is still available.

The guy is not projected to go top 10 and could easily fall to the late teens.

Please God No.

Old
06-23-2011, 11:16 AM
91Kadri91

Quote:
I dont know what I'm going to do if they pass up Knight for Biyombo.

They're miles apart.

I would much rather see them work a deal to get into the 15-20 range if Biyombo is still available.

The guy is not projected to go top 10 and could easily fall to the late teens.

Please God No.
I think Biyombo could easily go top-10, but I'm with you. Knight over Biyombo for me.

At the end of the day, I think Utah will pick Knight at 3, but it looks like we may pass up Kanter for Biyombo.

Old
06-23-2011, 11:35 AM
Em Ancien
Sexy 2nd Rounder

Quote:
Woah. Big new twist.

Oh yeah...'They could take Knight, but also BB'. This guy's got this thing figured out.

As much as I like Knight, he's hardly an impressive point guard prospect. He can score, but his distribution skills are decent at best (bordering on the below-average). He's got size, but he's more of a combo guard than he is a pure PG, which means he might have to play against 2-guards, who will abuse him with his stickman frame.

There's a lot more Terry in him than there is Rose. Still is my number one option amongst the 3 (Knight, BB, Leonard), but I wouldn't think any worse of BC for going with the latter 2 and work on acquiring a solid pure PG in the near future.

At least with Biyombo, you know you're getting D in the middle with rebounds. Who knows what you'll end up with once you're done working with him (in a good way).

Old
06-23-2011, 11:51 AM
Nasty Nazem
The North Remembers

Quote:
Size, Quickness, and smarts. From what I saw a little, and read mostly.

They might of been posted before but I read a few good scouting reports on the the NCAA guys raps are interested in on SI... All input is from NBA scouts.
Heh, how much does Leonard sound like DeMar? Gym rat, poor shot? Heh.

Quote:

1. Irving
2. Williams
3. Kanter/Knight
4. Thompson
5. ?????????
Last I heard was Minny is taking Kanter and passing on Williams.

1. Irving
2. Kanter
3. Williams/Knight
4. Thompson (if Williams drops to this spot, expect it to be Williams)
5. ???

I can't for the life of me understand why they want Biyombo so bad. The dude is like 6'9, that's not a typical center size, he has no offense game whatsoever. Seriously, his ceiling right now is like Ben Wallace.

Old
06-23-2011, 11:56 AM
SuperSaiyanBeastmode

Kinda hope we can get another top 10 pick so we can get a center too. Walker/knight and biyombo/valanciunas would a great draft!

Old
06-23-2011, 12:06 PM
91Kadri91

Quote:
Originally Posted by Em Ancien View Post
Oh yeah...'They could take Knight, but also BB'. This guy's got this thing figured out.

As much as I like Knight, he's hardly an impressive point guard prospect. He can score, but his distribution skills are decent at best (bordering on the below-average). He's got size, but he's more of a combo guard than he is a pure PG, which means he might have to play against 2-guards, who will abuse him with his stickman frame.

There's a lot more Terry in him than there is Rose. Still is my number one option amongst the 3 (Knight, BB, Leonard), but I wouldn't think any worse of BC for going with the latter 2 and work on acquiring a solid pure PG in the near future.

At least with Biyombo, you know you're getting D in the middle with rebounds. Who knows what you'll end up with once you're done working with him (in a good way).
So let me get this straight. You want a pure point guard, yet you want us to pick Kemba Walker?

Old
06-23-2011, 12:10 PM
Em Ancien
Sexy 2nd Rounder

Quote:
So let me get this straight. You want a pure point guard, yet you want us to pick Kemba Walker?
I'd personally rather have Walker, because the guy is a leader, hard-worker and always wants the ball.

But I said a pure point guard later on, as in look at the market/draft over the next few years, not in this draft specifically.

Old
06-23-2011, 12:16 PM
Lebanese Leaf

BB is 6'9 but his wingspan is the same as Dwight Howard's, and you block shots with your hands not your head so the height doesn't matter as much. Having said that, I don't want Biyombo. I want Tristan Thompson first, Knight/Kemba second on my wishlist. I would rather trade Ed Davis (who will likely bolt out of TO the first chance he gets) for another top 10 pick and take Thompson/Biyombo/Knight/Walker with 2 of our picks.

Thompson is similar to Ed Davis but is a hometown boy and the most highly touted Canadian prospect ever. It just seems right to have him play for the Raptors, the team he cheered for growing up, and for who there is no stigma in playing in Canada, we will WANT to be here. He would also be a great publicity boost as the first Canadian born Raptors player.

Old
06-23-2011, 12:18 PM

Dream scenario for Raps would be if Knight or Kanter fall to them at #5

Old
06-23-2011, 12:26 PM
91Kadri91

Quote:
I'd personally rather have Walker, because the guy is a leader, hard-worker and always wants the ball.

But I said a pure point guard later on, as in look at the market/draft over the next few years, not in this draft specifically.
I see. Well I agree with the notion of getting a pure point guard.

I'm a huge fan of Kabongo and Wroten Jr. and in a perfect world we'd pick one of those two next year, while picking a center for the future tonight and acquiring another pick next year for a Gilchrist (my personal favourite) or Miller. Of course, that is HIGHLY unlikely.

I'm probably going to get flamed for this, but I actually support Val as our pick. I think he has an extreme amount of potential, and is a nice mix of Biyombo and Kanter. Kanter's offensive game, although not as good, and Biyombo's defensive game although, once again, not as good. But he definitely seems to have the most two-way potential. I believe he would fit in very nicely beside Davis.

The Spurs are also reportedly looking to pick Val if they acquire a high lottery pick for Parker.

Old
06-23-2011, 12:34 PM
Kulemon

Quote:
Woah. Big new twist.

I will give up on this franchise if we draft Biyombo. I've seriously had enough. You don't take a defensive center with absolutely no offensive game that could go in the mid teens at 5 overall. Disgusting. And I thought the Leafs have made some bad decisions

Old
06-23-2011, 12:37 PM
JMcLeaf
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

vCash: 769
If Jazz take Kanter at 3 I will get so excited since that means Knight will probably be available at 5 but if Colangelo takes Biyombo over Knight I will have my own little Vancouver riot in my house.

Old
06-23-2011, 12:44 PM
Em Ancien
Sexy 2nd Rounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kulemon View Post
I will give up on this franchise if we draft Biyombo. I've seriously had enough. You don't take a defensive center with absolutely no offensive game that could go in the mid teens at 5 overall. Disgusting. And I thought the Leafs have made some bad decisions
This draft doesn't exactly have a bunch of future studs slotted into the top 10. If they pick Biyombo, they're getting a solid defensive guy who can develop (hopefully) other aspects of his game.

I mean, I like Knight in the light of this draft, but overall I just don't see him as premier PG in the league. You can always look later at a court general, it doesn't need to be the first guy you can get your hands on that's gonna be the best fit long-term.

Old
06-23-2011, 12:46 PM
91Kadri91

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kulemon View Post
Well, like I said earlier, I'm support the pick of Val.

I realize that a lot of you are against Biyombo here, but you have to remember that he does have an unbelievable amount of upside.

By the way, it looks like there's a good chance Knight will be available if this goes through.

Quote:
nbadraftnet NBADraft.net
We hear there is a 3 team deal in the works with Utah moving to 2 Wash to 3 and Minn moving down to 6 #NBAdraft. Players will be involved

Old
06-23-2011, 12:49 PM
91Kadri91

Quote:
This draft doesn't exactly have a bunch of future studs slotted into the top 10. If they pick Biyombo, they're getting a solid defensive guy who can develop (hopefully) other aspects of his game.

I mean, I like Knight in the light of this draft, but overall I just don't see him as premier PG in the league. You can always look later at a court general, it doesn't need to be the first guy you can get your hands on that's gonna be the best fit long-term.
Exactly. Although like I said earlier, I would rather them pick Knight then Biyombo, but I wouldn't be furious by any means if they ended up picking Biyombo for reasons you've already mentioned.

Old
06-23-2011, 12:51 PM
Em Ancien
Sexy 2nd Rounder

Quote:
Well, like I said earlier, I'm support the pick of Val.

I realize that a lot of you are against Biyombo here, but you have to remember that he does have an unbelievable amount of upside.

By the way, it looks like there's a good chance Knight will be available if this goes through.
Utah takes Williams, Wiz take Kanter/Val, Cavs take Kanter/Val.

Yup.

Old
06-23-2011, 12:54 PM
Makaveli

I want Knight,Kanter or Walker in that order

Old
06-23-2011, 01:27 PM
Transplanted Caper

FYI:

Quote:
@RicBucher: League sources now believe Jonas Valanciunas goes to Cavs at #4 even if Enes Kanter is still on the board..

Old
06-23-2011, 01:36 PM
Stats01

vCash: 520
If we take Biyombo this whole franchise will officially become a joke. Why can't the Raptors have a normal draft and just take the player that most mock drafts think would be a good pick at number 5. We saw it with Araujo in 2004, Joey Graham in 2005..we have been epically bad in the draft. I'm going to flip my lid if we take another project once again in the top 10. GET THE BEST PLAYER AVAILABLE ffs! Take Knight if available, take Walker if available, just do not take Biyombo..

Old
06-23-2011, 01:38 PM
Stats01

vCash: 520
Quote:

You don't take a one dimensional Center at the 5th spot. You just don't. Sure he's tall and may bang around a bit but we're talkin about a top 5 pick here. Kemba Walker, Brendan Knight would all of a bigger impact on this team in the present and the future.

Old
06-23-2011, 01:40 PM
topched

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stats01 View Post
If we take Biyombo this whole franchise will officially become a joke. Why can't the Raptors have a normal draft and just take the player that most mock drafts think would be a good pick at number 5. We saw it with Araujo in 2004, Joey Graham in 2005..we have been epically bad in the draft. I'm going to flip my lid if we take another project once again in the top 10. GET THE BEST PLAYER AVAILABLE ffs! Take Knight if available, take Walker if available, just do not take Biyombo..
Actually Joey Graham was the pick most people suspected the raps to make.

It was Charlie V who was the suspect pick. Whose the better player now? Charlie V and its not even close, Joey Graham is barely a rotation guy.

I agree though, I want Colangelo to take the guy with the absolute highest ceiling, swing for the fences. If thats Biyombo okay, but I HIGHLY doubt that Knight or Kanter's ceilings are lower than Biyombo. There are a couple Biyombo's in every draft, athletic freaks who have no touch around the basket. Don't take one in the top 5.

Old
06-23-2011, 01:43 PM
Em Ancien
Sexy 2nd Rounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stats01 View Post
You don't take a one dimensional Center at the 5th spot. You just don't. Sure he's tall and may bang around a bit but we're talkin about a top 5 pick here. Kemba Walker, Brendan Knight would all of a bigger impact on this team in the present and the future.
As I said, I prefer Walker and Knight, but it's not like BB is a bad pick when considering this draft.

If they think BB can add a lot with some work, I just don't see the big deal.

It's not like a lesser Dwight or a more athletic Emeka Okafor is terrible when looking at what's available. Hell, a quicker, faster, better on D Reggie Evans wouldn't be so awful.

Some people are just enjoying the drama and forgetting to look at what's on the board and what's on the horizon in the grand scheme of things.

Closed Thread