HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

My Ufa Predictions

Closed Thread

Old
07-20-2004, 03:10 AM
BDubinskyNYR17*

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to BDubinskyNYR17*
My Ufa Predictions

For the Rangers:
1. Dean McAmmond
2. Dan McGillis
3. Jason Wiemer
4. Michael Nylander

For the Wolfpack
1. Tomas Kurka
2. Zdenek Blanty
3. Joey Tetarenko

Rangers Lines
McAmmond-Nylander-Jagr
Wiseman-Moore-Balej
Green-Holik-Lundmark
Murray-Wiemer-Ortmeyer

McGillis Rachunek
Kondratiev Tyutin
Lampman or Nycholat Kasper
7th dman Purinton, Grenier or Tetarenko

Goalie Dunham
LaBarberra

Not a bad lineup, maybe one that can shock people. Only if Sather signed those players. We still have room for youth and grit.

Last edited by BDubinskyNYR17*: 07-20-2004 at 03:24 AM.
Old
07-20-2004, 03:19 AM
Edge

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOrtmeyer41
For the Rangers:
1. Dean McAmmond
2. Dan McGillis
3. Jason Wiemer
4. Michael Nylander

For the Wolfpack
1. Tomas Kurka
2. Zdenek Blanty
3. Joey Tetarenko

Rangers Lines
McAmmond-Nylander-Jagr
Wiseman-Moore-Balej
Green-Holik-Lundmark
Murray-Wiemer-Ortmeyer

McGillis Poti
Kondratiev Tyutin

Goalie Dunham
LaBarberra

Not a bad lineup, maybe one that can shock people. Only if Sather signed those players. We still have room for youth and grit.
I think the top 3 for the Rangers are at least realistic. I can't see them getting Nylander though.

Old
07-20-2004, 03:21 AM
Son of Steinbrenner

i'm with edge on this. the top three guys could become rangers post lockout. i'm not sure nylander would want to come here. as for the hartford free agents i haven't seen them play so who am i to say how good they are.

Old
07-20-2004, 03:23 AM
BDubinskyNYR17*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edge
I think the top 3 for the Rangers are at least realistic. I can't see them getting Nylander though.
why not, maybe playing with Jagr will get Nylander points and not only that they got chemistry. That is prolly why Sather traded for Helminen who played with Ortmeyer and Montoya, Tyutin and Kondratiev.

Sather seems to like players who have played together in the past. That is why I would not be surprised if Sather signed Jiri Slegr. I like his game as well if we cant get McGillis, I like McGillis cause he is a big hitter dman, I think hed be a good fit for Rachunek.

Old
07-20-2004, 06:27 AM
Edge

Nylander is a soft, fairly one dimensional center who is now on the plus side of 30. If Sather was going to go down that approach he could just bring Nedved back.

Old
07-20-2004, 06:29 AM
jas
Unsatisfied

Quote:
Nylander is a soft, fairly one dimensional center who is now on the plus side of 30. If Sather was going to go down that approach he could just bring Nedved back.
I've been saying that for months now. Besides, Nylander will have better options in Boston and Atlanta.

Old
07-20-2004, 07:49 AM
Theoren Fan

Send a message via AIM to Theoren Fan
Quote:
McGillis Rachunek
Kondratiev Tyutin
As much as some of us don't like him, Tom Poti isn't going to just fall of the face of the earth. Why are you so hell bent on bringing in UFAs for the defense when we don't need them and they're just going to take time away from guys like Kondratiev or Pock.

Say, where the hell is Pock anyway?

Old
07-20-2004, 08:51 AM
dawes

vCash:
"Nylander is a soft, fairly one dimensional center who is now on the plus side of 30. If Sather was going to go down that approach he could just bring Nedved back."

You totally missed the boat on Nylander. He's not one dimensional for starters. He's also one of the better playmaking centers which is exactly what we need. Nedved has no clue how to pass. He doesn't make his wings better. He's totally clueless on when to shoot or pass

Nylander stands a good chance to make young wings better like Balej, Dawes or Wiseman better. Nedved as we have seen can't do anything right other then one fluke year.

Old
07-20-2004, 01:11 PM
Radek27

Send a message via AIM to Radek27
Quote:
For the Rangers:
1. Dean McAmmond
2. Dan McGillis
3. Jason Wiemer
4. Michael Nylander

For the Wolfpack
1. Tomas Kurka
2. Zdenek Blanty
3. Joey Tetarenko

Rangers Lines
McAmmond-Nylander-Jagr
Wiseman-Moore-Balej
Green-Holik-Lundmark
Murray-Wiemer-Ortmeyer

McGillis Rachunek
Kondratiev Tyutin

Goalie Dunham
LaBarberra

This is the NHL..........not the AHL.........that team is just terrible. I would LOVE to see the Rangers charge what they charge for tix to see a team like that.........you guys, there will be better players signed eventually. And I hope/pray that Dunham isn't our starter because he is gonna get hurt and either force one of our young guys to play more than he should or force us to make a trade.

Old
07-20-2004, 01:14 PM
BobMarleyNYR

Send a message via AIM to BobMarleyNYR
Quote:
For the Rangers:
1. Dean McAmmond
2. Dan McGillis
3. Jason Wiemer
4. Michael Nylander

For the Wolfpack
1. Tomas Kurka
2. Zdenek Blanty
3. Joey Tetarenko

Rangers Lines
McAmmond-Nylander-Jagr
Wiseman-Moore-Balej
Green-Holik-Lundmark
Murray-Wiemer-Ortmeyer

McGillis Rachunek
Kondratiev Tyutin

Goalie Dunham
LaBarberra

Hey great work! I wonder though, can Nylander do it?

Old
07-20-2004, 01:17 PM
BDubinskyNYR17*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theo Fan
As much as some of us don't like him, Tom Poti isn't going to just fall of the face of the earth. Why are you so hell bent on bringing in UFAs for the defense when we don't need them and they're just going to take time away from guys like Kondratiev or Pock.

Say, where the hell is Pock anyway?
I remember Renney said last year, that Pock will get alot of ice for the Wolfpack and will likely be called up if he played like he did towards the end of last season.

Old
07-20-2004, 01:45 PM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

These threads are about as useless as the predict the Rangers 2007-08 roster thread

Old
07-20-2004, 01:47 PM
BobMarleyNYR

Send a message via AIM to BobMarleyNYR
Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy
These threads are about as useless as the predict the Rangers 2007-08 roster thread
Yeah, and as useless as mock drafts, but a whole lot of people do them...

Old
07-20-2004, 01:56 PM
Larry Melnyk

Quote:
The past two years, Nylander was the twice the player Nedved was..I watched alot of Nylander in his games with Washington and Boston...Not only was he a very fine passer and creating offense for his linemates, but he finally started playing two way hockey, hitting and backchecking....Unlike Nedved last year..And given that Nedved's entire offensive repoirtoire is the high and wide wrist shot, I'd take Nylander over him by a mile...The only thing that scares me about Nylander is health issues but he is exactly the type of playmaking center we need right now...Not saying we must get him, but he is a worthy option...

OK, it's been awhile and I just wanted to disagree with Edge..

Old
07-20-2004, 01:57 PM
NYR469

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radek27
This is the NHL..........not the AHL.........that team is just terrible. I would LOVE to see the Rangers charge what they charge for tix to see a team like that.........you guys, there will be better players signed eventually. And I hope/pray that Dunham isn't our starter because he is gonna get hurt and either force one of our young guys to play more than he should or force us to make a trade.
that team wouldn't be much worse than what we've seen the last 7 years...

and the mindset that we need to add some big name stars to make the team look better on paper to justify ticket prices or anything else is why we are in this mess to begin with

i'm not saying that i agree with this particular lineup but we are going to be a bottom 5 team...so you are talking about the difference between finishing bottom 3 or 4th/5th from the bottom...

and what 'better' players are going to sign with us when they can sign with a contender (or atleast playoff team)

Old
07-20-2004, 05:47 PM
Radek27

Send a message via AIM to Radek27
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR469
that team wouldn't be much worse than what we've seen the last 7 years...

and the mindset that we need to add some big name stars to make the team look better on paper to justify ticket prices or anything else is why we are in this mess to begin with

i'm not saying that i agree with this particular lineup but we are going to be a bottom 5 team...so you are talking about the difference between finishing bottom 3 or 4th/5th from the bottom...

and what 'better' players are going to sign with us when they can sign with a contender (or atleast playoff team)
Can I borrow that crystal ball for a week? I could really use it. How does anyone know how good or bad this team will be? Maybe this team will be a breath of fresh air and they can get on a roll..............I just don't get it why people have this team dead last and we didn't start the season.............anyone last summer that said the Flames would be in the finals would have been laughed at, but it happened. You just dont know in sports, exp hockey.
I know i'm one of a very very few, but I think this younger team can sneak in with a good goalie.

Old
07-20-2004, 05:55 PM
BDubinskyNYR17*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radek27
Can I borrow that crystal ball for a week? I could really use it. How does anyone know how good or bad this team will be? Maybe this team will be a breath of fresh air and they can get on a roll..............I just don't get it why people have this team dead last and we didn't start the season.............anyone last summer that said the Flames would be in the finals would have been laughed at, but it happened. You just dont know in sports, exp hockey.
I know i'm one of a very very few, but I think this younger team can sneak in with a good goalie.
yea I totally agree. I think Nylander would be a good fit for this team, if we cant get him, then Yanic Perrault. One is a solid playmaker and the other is a good faceoff man.

Closed Thread