HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Sponsorship

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
07-20-2004, 02:31 PM
  #1
guymez
The Seldom Seen Kid
 
guymez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Calgary
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,562
vCash: 50
Sponsorship

I am surprised more of us on the Oilers board haven't become sponsors.
At the risk of sounding like an Ad, it ( a yearly sponsorship ) works out to less than a dollar (CDN) a month. Even the students on this board can afford that. I think this board is worth any support we can give it, not to mention the enhancements that comes along with sponsorship.
OK, I am done with the sermon now.

guymez is offline  
Old
07-20-2004, 02:45 PM
  #2
s7ark
Moderator
TheWorstEver
 
s7ark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Country: Canada
Posts: 23,197
vCash: 500
Hey, I am with you, but to each their own right? I really like this board and spend a lot of time her (beats working ) But if others jsut come by every now and again and don't see the need to donate, I have no problem with that.

Of course the more that give money the better setup they can afford here and the less downtime due to traffic limits we'll see


s7ark is offline  
Old
07-20-2004, 02:49 PM
  #3
Oilhitch
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Edmonton
Posts: 755
vCash: 500
OK, I just became a sponsor

Now how do I get the little star by my name?

Oilhitch is offline  
Old
07-20-2004, 02:53 PM
  #4
momentai
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Posts: 5,352
vCash: 500
People will do if they feel it is right. I certainly don't want to strong-arm anyone into providing sponsorship for this site.

I think it's great that the most sponsorships come from the Oiler board and I don't think it's all that close. And this is without anyone needing to convince anyone - Mizral made his own sermon on the Canucks board on paying up and I think I've seen one on the Boston board as well. Isn't it a little gratifying to see that we have the most with the least amount of recruiting?

Best Oiler board I am a part of. Cheers to all of you.

momentai is offline  
Old
07-20-2004, 02:54 PM
  #5
guymez
The Seldom Seen Kid
 
guymez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Calgary
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,562
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oilhitch
OK, I just became a sponsor

Now how do I get the little star by my name?
Way to step up!

This should do it:

Sponsors (non-staff, non-moderators) may choose to denote their sponsorship with a Gold Star. To enable this click on UserCP, Miscellaneous and select Group Memberships. There you will be given the option to be identified as a sponsor. Sponsors also appear on our Forum Leaders page.

guymez is offline  
Old
07-20-2004, 02:58 PM
  #6
Oilhitch
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Edmonton
Posts: 755
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by guymez
Way to step up!

This should do it:

Sponsors (non-staff, non-moderators) may choose to denote their sponsorship with a Gold Star. To enable this click on UserCP, Miscellaneous and select Group Memberships. There you will be given the option to be identified as a sponsor. Sponsors also appear on our Forum Leaders page.

Thanks

Oilhitch is offline  
Old
07-20-2004, 03:02 PM
  #7
guymez
The Seldom Seen Kid
 
guymez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Calgary
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,562
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by momentai
People will do if they feel it is right. I certainly don't want to strong-arm anyone into providing sponsorship for this site.
Your right, and I hope it dosn't appear like I am trying to strong-arm anyone.

Quote:
I think it's great that the most sponsorships come from the Oiler board and I don't think it's all that close. And this is without anyone needing to convince anyone - Mizral made his own sermon on the Canucks board on paying up and I think I've seen one on the Boston board as well. Isn't it a little gratifying to see that we have the most with the least amount of recruiting?

Best Oiler board I am a part of. Cheers to all of you.
Sorry I don't have a link, but I do seem to recall a thread urging the Oiler board to out support the other boards. I believe the thread was created just after the sponorship program was started.

guymez is offline  
Old
07-20-2004, 03:09 PM
  #8
momentai
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Posts: 5,352
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by guymez
Sorry I don't have a link, but I do seem to recall a thread urging the Oiler board to out support the other boards. I believe the thread was created just after the sponorship program was started.
You're right.

http://www.hfboards.com/showthread.p...ht=sponsorship

But it was pretty innocent in comparison to what else is out there. Regardless, not many people posted in that thread myself included so I'm not exactly sure how effective it was. (And Bohologo really only stated he was adamant about beating Calgary - is that so very different than every single day as an Oiler fan? )

momentai is offline  
Old
07-20-2004, 03:23 PM
  #9
guymez
The Seldom Seen Kid
 
guymez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Calgary
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,562
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by momentai
You're right.

http://www.hfboards.com/showthread.p...ht=sponsorship

But it was pretty innocent in comparison to what else is out there. Regardless, not many people posted in that thread myself included so I'm not exactly sure how effective it was. (And Bohologo really only stated he was adamant about beating Calgary - is that so very different than every single day as an Oiler fan? )
Yeah, thats the one. ( I have no doubts that we have already surpassed Calgary - hopefully it's a trend )

guymez is offline  
Old
07-20-2004, 05:26 PM
  #10
Oilers Ent
Registered User
 
Oilers Ent's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Burnaby, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,665
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Oilers Ent
I was happy to sponsor this site. Well worth the investment.

Oilers Ent is offline  
Old
07-20-2004, 05:45 PM
  #11
Bohologo
Registered User
 
Bohologo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Tokyo
Country: Japan
Posts: 1,230
vCash: 500
I agree that we don't need to strong arm anyone, but at the same time, I encourage all sponsors to show their stars. This way we can see who the free riders are!

</FONT></FONT>

Bohologo is offline  
Old
07-20-2004, 05:57 PM
  #12
theoil
Registered User
 
theoil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Posts: 9,155
vCash: 500
I need help with this. I have tried several times to register as a sponsor and Paypal keeps rejecting me because they say they have an account at that e-mail address. This is true but that is my business account and I cannot be sticking personal payments on it. Suggestions?

theoil is offline  
Old
07-20-2004, 05:57 PM
  #13
Oilerpuckhead
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Edmonton
Posts: 41
vCash: 500
Hello all.

I do not post here very much but I do read all posts on this board. I do feel that the low cost that is being asked for sponsorship is a real value. I definately get a lot more hockey info from here than any daily local rag that can cost upto $1/day.

If you use the service it is a good thing (sponsorship) to do. If there is no support we might just lose this site all together

Just my 2 cents!!!

Oilerpuckhead is offline  
Old
07-20-2004, 06:06 PM
  #14
Oilers Ent
Registered User
 
Oilers Ent's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Burnaby, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,665
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Oilers Ent
Quote:
Originally Posted by theoil
I need help with this. I have tried several times to register as a sponsor and Paypal keeps rejecting me because they say they have an account at that e-mail address. This is true but that is my business account and I cannot be sticking personal payments on it. Suggestions?
open a new e-mail account?

Oilers Ent is offline  
Old
07-20-2004, 06:09 PM
  #15
The Rage
Registered User
 
The Rage's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Stamford Bridge
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,792
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by theoil
I need help with this. I have tried several times to register as a sponsor and Paypal keeps rejecting me because they say they have an account at that e-mail address. This is true but that is my business account and I cannot be sticking personal payments on it. Suggestions?
Why not just set up a new e-mail account at hotmail or something? It takes seconds.

The Rage is offline  
Old
07-20-2004, 06:11 PM
  #16
The Rage
Registered User
 
The Rage's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Stamford Bridge
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,792
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nikeisevil
open a new e-mail account?
Beat me to it...

The Rage is offline  
Old
07-20-2004, 06:12 PM
  #17
Oilers Ent
Registered User
 
Oilers Ent's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Burnaby, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,665
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Oilers Ent
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Rage
Beat me to it...

Oilers Ent is offline  
Old
07-20-2004, 06:21 PM
  #18
theoil
Registered User
 
theoil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Posts: 9,155
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Rage
Why not just set up a new e-mail account at hotmail or something? It takes seconds.

This, of course, is where I have to humble myself and ask how one sets up a hotmail account. Yes, I am this illiterate.

theoil is offline  
Old
07-20-2004, 06:24 PM
  #19
dawgbone
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Country: Canada
Posts: 21,104
vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to dawgbone Send a message via MSN to dawgbone
Quote:
Originally Posted by theoil
This, of course, is where I have to humble myself and ask how one sets up a hotmail account. Yes, I am this illiterate.
I'm not sure if paypal allows the usage of hotmail accounts???

But if they do, simply go to www.hotmail.com, and follow the steps for a new user. If you have a yahoo id, go there instead (as it just makes it easier).

If paypal won't allow you to sign up with a hotmail account, most internet service providers allow you to have a couple of different email addresses... just contact them and find out how to set one up (it's different for various ISP's).

__________________
TheSpecialist - MacT thinks he was that good of a hockey player when in actuality he was no better then a Louie Debrusk.
dawgbone is offline  
Old
07-20-2004, 06:34 PM
  #20
copperandblue
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 10,724
vCash: 500
Now that the e-mail thing has been sorted out, what do you do when the wife monitors all the money being spent?

I wouldn't even want to guess at what assumptions she would make with an internet charge on the CC.

copperandblue is offline  
Old
07-20-2004, 06:35 PM
  #21
theoil
Registered User
 
theoil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Posts: 9,155
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by dawgbone
I'm not sure if paypal allows the usage of hotmail accounts???

But if they do, simply go to www.hotmail.com, and follow the steps for a new user. If you have a yahoo id, go there instead (as it just makes it easier).

If paypal won't allow you to sign up with a hotmail account, most internet service providers allow you to have a couple of different email addresses... just contact them and find out how to set one up (it's different for various ISP's).
Thanks. This is where I got lazy last time but I will add another e-mail name so I can get the little star.

theoil is offline  
Old
07-20-2004, 06:54 PM
  #22
oil slick
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 7,369
vCash: 500
All right... made my donation. Really ten bucks a year is so little to pay considering how much I use these servers.

Thanks HFboards

oil slick is offline  
Old
07-20-2004, 06:56 PM
  #23
theoil
Registered User
 
theoil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Posts: 9,155
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by copperandblue
Now that the e-mail thing has been sorted out, what do you do when the wife monitors all the money being spent?

I wouldn't even want to guess at what assumptions she would make with an internet charge on the CC.
When you get to be as old as I am it is probably a good sign that I lasted long enough to spend $8. I'm in the club. I should have a gold star whenever that happens. I will probably have to ask for help with that too.

theoil is offline  
Old
07-20-2004, 08:55 PM
  #24
mackdogs*
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Van, left coast
Country: Canada
Posts: 907
vCash: 500
My cheque's in the mail. Well worth a few bucks, this is a great site if you're an Oilers fan. Not so much for Flamers, but too bad

I can't wait for me *

mackdogs* is offline  
Old
07-20-2004, 09:50 PM
  #25
thome_26
HFBoards Sponsor
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,880
vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to thome_26
I don't see the need to display the star... Support if you want or don't IMO.

__________________
http://hfboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=160 - the Unofficial HF Political board
thome_26 is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:37 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.