Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Decibel level in the Garden last night

Old
06-09-2011, 02:57 PM
MaynardJamesLucic

vCash: 500
Decibel level in the Garden last night

Did anybody hear Tim Thomas, in his postgame press conference, say something about the big screen showing a stat saying the decibel level in the Garden was the highest ever recorded for a hockey game? Anyone know if there's any truth to this? I'm sure it's not a stat that's been kept for a long time, but it still would be pretty cool to know.

MaynardJamesLucic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2011, 02:58 PM
Kate08
HFBoards Sponsor

It was the highest level recorded in this series. Not in the history of the playoffs.

Kate08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2011, 02:59 PM
Confound
-Vindicated-

After the first two goals were scored it was crazy, biggest eruption for two goals I have ever head.

Confound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2011, 02:59 PM
ez42x10

vCash: 1203
all i know is my throat hurts.

ez42x10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2011, 03:01 PM
gobruins14

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaynardJamesLucic View Post
Did anybody hear Tim Thomas, in his postgame press conference, say something about the big screen showing a stat saying the decibel level in the Garden was the highest ever recorded for a hockey game? Anyone know if there's any truth to this? I'm sure it's not a stat that's been kept for a long time, but it still would be pretty cool to know.
The garden set a record for the series during game 3 with 118 decibels, and beat that during game 4 with 119 decibels during Peverley's and Ryder's goals.

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=5...vid=nhl-search

gobruins14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2011, 03:05 PM
MaynardJamesLucic

Ohhhh OK, just for the series. Still pretty cool though. From a TV watching perspective, I don't remember the Garden ever being louder.

MaynardJamesLucic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2011, 03:07 PM
Morris Wanchuk

Send a message via AIM to Morris Wanchuk
I think Rexal hit the 130s in the 2006 final

Morris Wanchuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2011, 03:07 PM
TuukkaTime

Loudest spike in Vancouver was 117 db, Game 3 in Boston hit 118 db twice, and Game 4 hit 119 db twice

TuukkaTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2011, 03:46 PM
Habs killer

i wonder if that crumb bill simmons helped with the noise level, freaking poser.

Habs killer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2011, 04:25 PM
Dwatson783
@dwatson783

Last night was LOUD but I honestly think that Game 7 of the Tampa series was the loudest it's ever been in there. It was nuts even up top. My dad and brother were in my seats and both said their ears were ringing for a few days after.

Dwatson783 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2011, 04:37 PM
Wonder Boy
2026 Draft Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by ez42x10 View Post
me 2.

Wonder Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2011, 04:41 PM
ksp1957

vCash: 361
Send a message via AIM to ksp1957
IF and that's a big IF we win tomorrow night, you ain't heard nothing yet.

ksp1957 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2011, 04:48 PM
Wonder Boy
2026 Draft Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksp1957 View Post
IF and that's a big IF we win tomorrow night, you ain't heard nothing yet.
Nucks fans won't cheer loudly if we win, but if we win 5 and THEN win game 6 you are right.

Cannot say I have EVER had that much fun at a game. I stand by what I said to Nucks fans in a previous thread...Bostonians are not nice to fans of the other team, Canadians, and even the Canadian PM. I took offense to some of the comments made about Canada and I was rooting for the B's. Boston really is a sports town all to its own. Never change!

And for those who don't know....the Nucks fans (likely close to 1,000 people) didn't leave Canal street because they were safe sticking together in numbers. I do feel sorry for the poor souls who decided to venture away from the pack. More than a few, including a woman, felt the Boston wrath.

Wonder Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2011, 04:56 PM
MaCam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wonder Boy View Post
Nucks fans won't cheer loudly if we win, but if we win 5 and THEN win game 6 you are right.

Cannot say I have EVER had that much fun at a game. I stand by what I said to Nucks fans in a previous thread...Bostonians are not nice to fans of the other team, Canadians, and even the Canadian PM. I took offense to some of the comments made about Canada and I was rooting for the B's. Boston really is a sports town all to its own. Never change!

And for those who don't know....the Nucks fans (likely close to 1,000 people) didn't leave Canal street because they were safe sticking together in numbers. I do feel sorry for the poor souls who decided to venture away from the pack. More than a few, including a woman, felt the Boston wrath.

I'm impressed that there haven't been any USA chants. Maybe these people are finally learning that Tim Thomas is the only US born player on the entire starting roster.

MaCam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2011, 05:06 PM
ksp1957

vCash: 361
Send a message via AIM to ksp1957
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaCam View Post
I'm impressed that there haven't been any USA chants. Maybe these people are finally learning that Tim Thomas is the only US born player on the entire starting roster.
I'll be impressed when the Star Spangled Banner is sung in Vancouver in over 1 1/2 minutes.

ksp1957 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2011, 08:09 PM
BeardBros
Everything hurt more

vCash: 574
Quote:
Originally Posted by ez42x10 View Post
I was already a bit hoarse from Monday night before the game started. Now i can barely speak.

BeardBros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2011, 08:13 PM
ez42x10

vCash: 1203
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeardBros View Post
I was already a bit hoarse from Monday night before the game started. Now i can barely speak.
same here.

ez42x10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2011, 08:15 PM
RunFromTheBear

I thought game 7 against Tampa was the loudest I ever heard it. I also drank more that day and was having a heart attack so maybe it seemed louder than it really was.

RunFromTheBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2011, 08:15 PM
KesselBuiltMyHotrod

vCash: 50
Game 6 better be louder.

KesselBuiltMyHotrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2011, 08:23 PM
Toews19

Someone posted this on the Blackhawks website. I think it would make the Cannucks fall apart:

Good news--I sent an email suggestion on the Bruins website suggesting that in game 6 they play Chelsea Dagger (either for the BOS goals or in pregame or something). I got this response:

"Thank you for contacting the Boston Bruins. I will certainly pass your email along to the necessary departments. Thank you for your kind words. We appreciate your support from Chicago! Go Bruins"

Man I hope they do this, it would be so hilarious!!!

Toews19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2011, 08:26 PM
Kate08
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruinSG17 View Post
I thought game 7 against Tampa was the loudest I ever heard it. I also drank more that day and was having a heart attack so maybe it seemed louder than it really was.
Game 7 of the Celtics/Cavs series in '08 was the loudest I had ever heard the Garden until Game 7 of the Tampa series. That game was absolute bone-rattling insanity.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toews19 View Post
Someone posted this on the Blackhawks website. I think it would make the Cannucks fall apart:

Good news--I sent an email suggestion on the Bruins website suggesting that in game 6 they play Chelsea Dagger (either for the BOS goals or in pregame or something). I got this response:

"Thank you for contacting the Boston Bruins. I will certainly pass your email along to the necessary departments. Thank you for your kind words. We appreciate your support from Chicago! Go Bruins"

That's awesome!

Kate08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2011, 09:13 PM
Lam7825
Go Goldy Go!

I said in an earlier post that Rogers Arena is the loudest place I've ever seen a hockey game (I've been to 8 different NHL arenas)- until these Finals.
I can't be at either place in person, but noticed that Vancouver was eerily dead silent for most of Game 1, and the Garden has been rocking. If it's possible to tell from tv. But it has seemed a lot louder in Boston.
I believe that 118db reading. Imagine Game 6 and the Bruins bring home Stanley- might have to get a new meter then (hope, pray, wish with all my might).

Lam7825 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2011, 10:43 PM
Dojji*
Fight the Hate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toews19 View Post

I've been thinking of suggesting this for the whole series, but I don't think the team does it. The backfire risk you know -- after all, the Nucks did, ultimately, beat the Hawks.

Now on the other hand, if we do finish them in game 6, just to get ahead of myself for a second, burying a "dagger" after the siren sounds would be sweet, sweet schadenfreude.

And there is nothing -- NOTHING -- stopping the fans from singing the refrain on their own.

Dojji* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2011, 10:51 PM
Toews19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dojji View Post
I've been thinking of suggesting this for the whole series, but I don't think the team does it. The backfire risk you know -- after all, the Nucks did, ultimately, beat the Hawks.

Now on the other hand, if we do finish them in game 6, just to get ahead of myself for a second, burying a "dagger" after the siren sounds would be sweet, sweet schadenfreude.

And there is nothing -- NOTHING -- stopping the fans from singing the refrain on their own.
Yeah. I love it when they beat the Habs in Boston and start singingthe Montreal Ole Ole Ole song

Toews19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2011, 11:33 PM
VeddarRants
HEART AND SOUL

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaCam View Post
I'm not a fan of the chant either, but it's got nothing to do with the players...it's a chant based on team location.

VeddarRants is offline   Reply With Quote