HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Centers/LW's... AGAIN!

Closed Thread

Old
07-20-2004, 03:07 PM
BobMarleyNYR

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to BobMarleyNYR
Centers/LW's... AGAIN!

Well, I just want to analyze this situation aloud, yet again.

It really concerns me when half of our roster are UFA's... most of which I have no care to see return... half of which won't return. It's really looking like Hlavac is one of that half, and he was my first choice to play 2nd line LW.

So we absolutely NEED a center and a left wing!

For center, the only candidates you can take seriously are aging... my first choice is Damphousse, but there's also Alexei Zhamnov, Ron Francis, Cliff Ronning, Jozef Stumpel, (dare I say) Jason Allison, and who's that guy... Nedved.

There's 2nd line centers that we could pull a Holik on... (try to force to play 1st line). Nylander, Perreault, Holzinger maybe. I wouldn't touch guys this category.

For LW there's Kariya... I know people hate getting big name players, but just imagine Jagr and Kariya together. If we get a top notch veteran center, we have some flexibility in our choice for a LW. I liked Andreas Johansson, and I'd have no problem bringing him back. I also wouldn't mind McAmmond, Arvedson, and maybe even Isbister... for Izzy it might just be a matter of fitting him properly. If we can grow him, he could be amazing.

Old
07-20-2004, 03:27 PM
Janerixon

I agree with you on johansson, he played hard for us and hes cheap, only problem is that he is injury prone, so id rather we get rucinsky

as for centers, renney loves holik, holik loves renney, holik may be our top line center with jagr, so holik will at least be our 2nd line center if not our 1st line center depending on who we sign and how the kids play in camp

i expect us to go after 1 of these players nylander, nedved, or zhamnov

nylander is the player id like to see signed, he may just be able to be our top line center with jagr, however is sather is looking for a top line center hed probably be more inclined to go after zhamnov and take him away from the flyers and stop the pens from getting him, but who knows what he plans on doing

damphousse, allison, ronning, stumpel, and holzinger are not needed

perreault is a player id go after, good on faceoffs, can be our 2nd line center, but im not sure sather will go after him and ive heard other teams are very interested in him as well

thats my take, who we sign i dont know, maybe nedved comes back, maybe nylander comes in, maybe sather makes one big slash with zhamnov or he just signs perreault to be the 2nd line center behind holik, we will have to see

if im sather id sign nylander and rucinsky

rucinsky-nylander-jagr
lundmark-holik-balej
murray-moore-ortmeyer
wiseman-betts-?

Old
07-20-2004, 03:29 PM
Blueshirt13

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobMarleyNYR
Well, I just want to analyze this situation aloud, yet again.

It really concerns me when half of our roster are UFA's... most of which I have no care to see return... half of which won't return. It's really looking like Hlavac is one of that half, and he was my first choice to play 2nd line LW.

So we absolutely NEED a center and a left wing!

For center, the only candidates you can take seriously are aging... my first choice is Damphousse, but there's also Alexei Zhamnov, Ron Francis, Cliff Ronning, Jozef Stumpel, (dare I say) Jason Allison, and who's that guy... Nedved.

There's 2nd line centers that we could pull a Holik on... (try to force to play 1st line). Nylander, Perreault, Holzinger maybe. I wouldn't touch guys this category.

For LW there's Kariya... I know people hate getting big name players, but just imagine Jagr and Kariya together. If we get a top notch veteran center, we have some flexibility in our choice for a LW. I liked Andreas Johansson, and I'd have no problem bringing him back. I also wouldn't mind McAmmond, Arvedson, and maybe even Isbister... for Izzy it might just be a matter of fitting him properly. If we can grow him, he could be amazing.
LW - Isbister re-signed with the Oilers. Kariya McAmmond I think will be returning to the Flames. Johansson I honestly wouldn't mind since he would be a guy hard to overpay and works hard. Still wouldn't be surprised by a Palffy here.

C - Still supporting Zhamnov here and letting Lundmark or Moore center the second line with the above mentioned LW on the line. Francis I think is too old to be a consideration. Damphousse would be ok but can't see him coming here.

Old
07-20-2004, 03:37 PM
BDubinskyNYR17*

Send a message via AIM to BDubinskyNYR17*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Janerixon
I agree with you on johansson, he played hard for us and hes cheap, only problem is that he is injury prone, so id rather we get rucinsky

as for centers, renney loves holik, holik loves renney, holik may be our top line center with jagr, so holik will at least be our 2nd line center if not our 1st line center depending on who we sign and how the kids play in camp

i expect us to go after 1 of these players nylander, nedved, or zhamnov

nylander is the player id like to see signed, he may just be able to be our top line center with jagr, however is sather is looking for a top line center hed probably be more inclined to go after zhamnov and take him away from the flyers and stop the pens from getting him, but who knows what he plans on doing

damphousse, allison, ronning, stumpel, and holzinger are not needed

perreault is a player id go after, good on faceoffs, can be our 2nd line center, but im not sure sather will go after him and ive heard other teams are very interested in him as well

thats my take, who we sign i dont know, maybe nedved comes back, maybe nylander comes in, maybe sather makes one big slash with zhamnov or he just signs perreault to be the 2nd line center behind holik, we will have to see

if im sather id sign nylander and rucinsky

rucinsky-nylander-jagr
lundmark-holik-balej
murray-moore-ortmeyer
wiseman-betts-?
Id like both Rucinsky and McAmmond but If I had to pick one, id pick McAmmond just because he has speed and is a little younger, and can help us on the PK.

Old
07-20-2004, 03:52 PM
Janerixon

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOrtmeyer41
Id like both Rucinsky and McAmmond but If I had to pick one, id pick McAmmond just because he has speed and is a little younger, and can help us on the PK.
ortmeyer
i like Mcammond as well and wanted to trade for him a few years back, however id rather we bring back rucinsky because he has been successful here, he is not going to break the bank, he has a good scoring touch and is better defensively than many on this board give him credit and he has been healthy as a ranger

Mcammond although younger and a better pk, is not going to put up as many points as rucinsky and the guy has a hard time staying healthy, id take him over johansson, but id take rucinsky over both of them

thats just me

Old
07-20-2004, 04:08 PM
BobMarleyNYR

Send a message via AIM to BobMarleyNYR
I completely forgot Rucinsky.

Old
07-20-2004, 04:24 PM
Onion Boy

If it were up to me I'd sign one center and one LW, at the very least. Ideally there should also be a C/LW playing on the second line too, so its not all kids.

My personal picks are Rucinsky, Stumpel, and McAmmond. I'd also sign Jeremy Stevenson to fill Barnaby's role.

Rucinsky - Stumpel - Jagr
McAmmond - Lundmark - Balej
Murray - Holik - Ortmeyer
Wiseman - Betts - Stevenson

McAmmond can also play C if Lundmark proves incapable of handling that position and the two could swap.

Old
07-20-2004, 05:03 PM
Radek27

Send a message via AIM to Radek27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueshirt13
LW - Isbister re-signed with the Oilers. Kariya McAmmond I think will be returning to the Flames. Johansson I honestly wouldn't mind since he would be a guy hard to overpay and works hard. Still wouldn't be surprised by a Palffy here.

C - Still supporting Zhamnov here and letting Lundmark or Moore center the second line with the above mentioned LW on the line. Francis I think is too old to be a consideration. Damphousse would be ok but can't see him coming here.

I think Johnsson is out of hockey................I think I remember reading something where he has some kind of illness and may have to retire.

Old
07-20-2004, 06:44 PM
NYR469

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radek27
I think Johnsson is out of hockey................I think I remember reading something where he has some kind of illness and may have to retire.
i believe you are thinking of rem murray

Old
07-20-2004, 06:46 PM
little a from da bx

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjb3599
sign Jeremy Stevenson to fill Barnaby's role.

Rucinsky - Stumpel - Jagr
McAmmond - Lundmark - Balej
Murray - Holik - Ortmeyer
Wiseman - Betts - Stevenson

McAmmond can also play C if Lundmark proves incapable of handling that position and the two could swap.
good thouhts i agree absolutley......but i do and would like to see more talent scoring wise with the youth, but then again we dont have much at all, besides lundmark, balej and maybe wiseman. i think wiseman gets decent time he could be a shock for everyone. and i say bure and schastlivy cause they are some what still young bure is 28 or 27, and schasstlivy 25 or something, and i also like ben clymer he is , i dont actually now how old but i dont think older than 28 or 29.if we really dont sign anywingers i say give wiseman a good shot at line 1 or 2, see what he can do, maybe he would have a breakout season lik cheechoo did with san jose.

how about:

valeri bure- nylander / perault - jagr
schastlivy / wiseman - lundmark - balej
murray - holik - ortmeyer
jeremy stevenson - betts - clymer / wiseman

or

schastlivy - perault/ nylander - jagr
maccamond - lundmark - balej
murray - holik - ortmeyer
j. stevenson - fardaleau / moore - clymer / betts / wiseman

and on defense: pairing with poti and without: but i still do feel our d is to soft and thats not good.

poti - sturdwick
pock - rachunek
tyutin - kaspar

or

nycholat - pock
rachunek - sturdwick
tyutin - kaspar

dunham
valiquette
( better of the 2 gets more starts ) or if dunham is bought out then it could be)

any of these 2 chosen wont go through every pairing.

salo ( gets one year deal with option for second depending on how blackie does and lundqvuist do)
valiquette

also think corey schawb could be a decnt back up along with j-s aubin or even byron dafoe if cheap, he hasnt had good season but he could bounce back u never know.

goaltending **** dunham buy him out and let valiquette get the # 1 job for a year or 2..

Last edited by little a from da bx: 07-20-2004 at 07:04 PM.
Old
07-20-2004, 07:12 PM
Radek27

Send a message via AIM to Radek27
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR469
i believe you are thinking of rem murray
yeah your right I think it was Rem.

Old
07-20-2004, 07:20 PM
little a from da bx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radek27
yeah your right I think it was Rem.
no, it defintley is rem he got some sort of disease dont know exactly what. but. i think its somewhere and something to do with his head or neck or something

Old
07-20-2004, 07:46 PM
Olympic nut

Send a message via AIM to 007 Send a message via MSN to 007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Janerixon
rucinsky-nylander-jagr
lundmark-holik-balej
murray-moore-ortmeyer
wiseman-betts-?
I'm not totally sold on Nylander as a first-line centre, but then again, I'm not the world's biggest Zhamnov fan, either.

I really like this lineup, though: I think it's the most realistic that I have seen on these boards yet. The Rangers aren't deep enough to rotate 4 lines, that 3rd line will be the de-facto energy line, and with smart players like this, it won't be a total liability. What I like the most is the second line: Holik is going to command at least 2nd-line minutes, whether he's used as a checker or not. Thus, it makes no sense to have him play with Murray and Ortmeyer on a "can't score" line. In fact, it would be good for Balej and Lundmark: Holik has the talent to feed them for goals; the size to give them space; the smarts to teach them defence and to play simply; and the leadership and will to make sure neither takes a night off.

Closed Thread