HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Columbus Blue Jackets
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Ales Hemsky?

Old
06-14-2011, 06:01 PM
blahblah

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gagnefan924 View Post
Right because were getting Hall, Eberle, Whitney, or MPS. Shutup.
lol, funny. Whitney might be available if you want him. For the right deal, you could probably get Eberle. That would hurt, obviously. Having said that I can think of players I wouldn't mind having from their team.

Did you really resort to shut up? That's too funny.

blahblah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2011, 06:05 PM
CBJBrassard16
Sergei BobTrollsky

Quote:
Right because were getting Hall, Eberle, Whitney, or MPS. Shutup.
Whats with you going after everyone? Every damn thread I read you are bickering with someone. I get you like Murphy, but trading 8th overall could be the best move possible.

CBJBrassard16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2011, 06:10 PM
Gagnefan924
Need Moar AmericanZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBJBrassard16 View Post
Whats with you going after everyone? Every damn thread I read you are bickering with someone. I get you like Murphy, but trading 8th overall could be the best move possible.
Hahahaha do you read half the **** blah posts? That really just made my day.

Gagnefan924 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2011, 06:12 PM
Gagnefan924
Need Moar AmericanZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by blahblah View Post
lol, funny. Whitney might be available if you want him. For the right deal, you could probably get Eberle. That would hurt, obviously. Having said that I can think of players I wouldn't mind having from their team.

Did you really resort to shut up? That's too funny.
No unless you want to trade Jake and Johan I doubt we could get Eberle. Not anyone else I'd want on EDM.

Old
06-14-2011, 06:16 PM
CBJBrassard16
Sergei BobTrollsky

Quote:
Hahahaha do you read half the **** blah posts? That really just made my day.
Idk if its all blah that you argue with, but all I see is your name (maybe cause the avatar)

Old
06-14-2011, 06:17 PM
Gagnefan924
Need Moar AmericanZ

Quote:
Idk if its all blah that you argue with, but all I see is your name (maybe cause the avatar)
Nope. I dont really bicker with people. I express my opinion and if you dont like, well I really dont care.

Old
06-14-2011, 06:24 PM
blahblah

Quote:
No unless you want to trade Jake and Johan I doubt we could get Eberle. Not anyone else I'd want on EDM.
Was there something that you missed with the phrase "That would hurt"?

There are a couple of other minor players that I have some interest in. They won't impress you and it's just going to escalate the conversation, so I'll stop it here.

Old
06-14-2011, 08:03 PM
punk_o_holic

vCash: 50
As a fan of the Oilers along with the Blue Jackets, if the Oilers were to trade Hemsky, I would love to see him come to Columbus. But that would depend on the price. My concern about Hemsky is not his health issues but his contract status. Like some have mentioned he is a UFA after next season. He took a decent paycut on his last contract and he now might be looking for a raise over his current contract(deserving or not). Now we could probably afford to give him the raise he wants. But other then the 06 Cup run, Hemsky's time in Edmonton haven't been that great when it comes to post season play(Oilers either lost in hte 1st round or missed the playoffs). Looking at the Blue JAckets, he might think they're in a similar situation with the Oilers and might leave Columbus and choose to go to a contender. Only good thing is Howson knows Hemsky so a sit down with him might convince him.

Other then the untouchables only player I would want is Smid. But he isn't the type of D we really need so don't have space for him.

punk_o_holic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2011, 08:07 PM
Monk

Quote:
I dont really bicker with people.
People bicker with you all the time, myself included. Look, I'm doing it right now!

Monk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2011, 08:09 PM
Gagnefan924
Need Moar AmericanZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monk View Post
People bicker with you all the time, myself included. Look, I'm doing it right now!
I TRY not to bicker with people. People love to initiate I just follow through

Old
06-14-2011, 08:31 PM
Monk

Quote:
I TRY not to bicker with people. People love to initiate I just follow through
You don't do it on purpose, I'm sure, but you're quite brilliant at goading people into it. But fret not, I enjoy it immensely.

Old
06-15-2011, 12:17 AM
mt-svk
CBJ/OTT fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikita Filatov View Post
If it's something like Huselius+2nd+Goloubef AFTER we get that center. Our top 6 would be great. We wouldn't really have any bargaining chips to trade with after that for the defense though, and would have to go through free agency.
Why Goloubef? IMO he has better potential than Moore or Savard. Savard only fulls his potential now but how is his potential? How can he be better? Cody played in the University so he was not on eyes so much. Plus there were many d-men in Falcons and Moore played always he did not rotate whether he played bad or not. His trade would be a great mistake. And especially for always injured Hemský. We really do not need a player who plays half season. Plus we have first line wingers Voráček and Filatov /of course Nash but I do not count him/ but they must develop. IMO they will show their qualities in the next year. I hope Howson will not be an idiot and do not trade him for showing activity. I prefer to trade Calvert not Voráček or Filatov.

mt-svk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2011, 12:24 AM
Gagnefan924
Need Moar AmericanZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monk View Post
You don't do it on purpose, I'm sure, but you're quite brilliant at goading people into it. But fret not, I enjoy it immensely.
Hahahahaha

Old
06-15-2011, 12:27 AM
Gagnefan924
Need Moar AmericanZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by mt-svk View Post
Why Goloubef? IMO he has better potential than Moore or Savard. Savard only fulls his potential now but how is his potential? How can he be better? Cody played in the University so he was not on eyes so much. Plus there were many d-men in Falcons and Moore played always he did not rotate whether he played bad or not. His trade would be a great mistake. And especially for always injured Hemský. We really do not need a player who plays half season. Plus we have first line wingers Voráček and Filatov /of course Nash but I do not count him/ but they must develop. IMO they will show their qualities in the next year. I hope Howson will not be an idiot and do not trade him for showing activity. I prefer to trade Calvert not Voráček or Filatov.
Where to start....

How do you know if Golo has better potential than Savard and Moore? You dont, sorry you are not a scout. Filatov is not a first line winger, he's proven nothing. The "waiting for next year", saying is getting a little old dont ya think? Yea lets trade Calvert, the only kid that has really proven anything over Filatov. Sounds like a great idea.

Old
06-15-2011, 12:46 AM
Crede777
Deputized

Hemsky is not a good target in my opinion. I like the Modin comparison, his injury risk is much too high. Also he's a free agent after this year.

Crede777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2011, 12:49 AM
Gagnefan924
Need Moar AmericanZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crede777 View Post
Hemsky is not a good target in my opinion. I like the Modin comparison, his injury risk is much too high. Also he's a free agent after this year.
Not to mention he doesnt fill a need. Howson isnt that dumb to make that move. Just some EDM reporter thinking he can steal our 8th overall pick

Old
06-15-2011, 02:04 AM
CBJBrassard16
Sergei BobTrollsky

Quote:
Not to mention he doesnt fill a need. Howson isnt that dumb to make that move. Just some EDM reporter thinking he can steal our 8th overall pick
Well, to be fair. You can never have too many 1st line players.

Old
06-15-2011, 07:56 AM
mt-svk
CBJ/OTT fan

Quote:
Where to start....

How do you know if Golo has better potential than Savard and Moore? You dont, sorry you are not a scout. Filatov is not a first line winger, he's proven nothing. The "waiting for next year", saying is getting a little old dont ya think? Yea lets trade Calvert, the only kid that has really proven anything over Filatov. Sounds like a great idea.
I am absolutely sure with it. Voráček and Filatov have first line wingers. I am willing to owe for Filly. I am so sure wit it. But this is not the thread about it. And Cody? I saw some games of Falcons and saw him to play. His play is great in the offensive he is better than Savard or Moore. He has great hockey sense his passes have eyes. But he needs a confidence. The true is I would never trade one of the couple Moore, Savard, Goloubef, Johansen, Filatov. Only Voráček and if so for a great d-man as for example Burns or Suter. I know you do not agree with me and we will write about a bust Filatov, not so high potential Goloubef as Moore and Savard and similar. I will not react on it. But IMO they both will show their qualities in the next season.

Old
06-15-2011, 08:46 AM
Gagnefan924
Need Moar AmericanZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by mt-svk View Post
I am absolutely sure with it. Vorá?ek and Filatov have first line wingers. I am willing to owe for Filly. I am so sure wit it. But this is not the thread about it. And Cody? I saw some games of Falcons and saw him to play. His play is great in the offensive he is better than Savard or Moore. He has great hockey sense his passes have eyes. But he needs a confidence. The true is I would never trade one of the couple Moore, Savard, Goloubef, Johansen, Filatov. Only Vorá?ek and if so for a great d-man as for example Burns or Suter. I know you do not agree with me and we will write about a bust Filatov, not so high potential Goloubef as Moore and Savard and similar. I will not react on it. But IMO they both will show their qualities in the next season.
That's fine but the bottom line is Goloubef and Filatov have both not done enough to be called what your calling them. I still can't believe your saying Golo is better than Savard offensively.

Old
06-15-2011, 10:15 AM
alphafox

Personally, I'm fine with a trade for hemsky so long as we aren't giving up the 8th. A move like Juice + the 3rd for hemsky would be fine with me. Juice is overpaid IMO and this is a weak draft. We trade for a shot on a one year go with Hemsky a more talented player with around a half million less of a cap hit, if he flames and can't play oh well we aren't on the hook for 3 years+ he's a FA after next season. On the other hand the oilers get juce who is sturdier and not untalented and a mid level pick to help the rebuild.

If I was howson something along this line is done in a heartbeat, but anything more for hemsky is a joke with the risk involved. This deal would also give some star power to attract Free agents (Hopefully Richards/Pitkanen) But, its Howson so in reality it may end up as the 8th+ for hemsky as he tries to overcomponsate for his risk averse years as GM so far and his inability to get a true #1 center or Top Pair Defenseman.

alphafox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2011, 12:06 PM
mt-svk
CBJ/OTT fan

Quote:
That's fine but the bottom line is Goloubef and Filatov have both not done enough to be called what your calling them. I still can't believe your saying Golo is better than Savard offensively.
Maybe you cannot but IMO it is right his passes are better than Savard (what I saw) his speed is great. Savard is great in AHL but we will see in NHL. Plus if Goloubef get a confidence his achievments go up. If you want we can owe.

Old
06-15-2011, 12:13 PM
blahblah

Quote:
Where to start....

How do you know if Golo has better potential than Savard and Moore? You dont, sorry you are not a scout.
I make the same statement with you about Murphy. You are not a scout.

If your opinion is valid to you, hers is valid to her. While I'm probably closer to agreeing with you on a lot of what you said, you seem to be accusing somoene of doing what you do.

Old
06-15-2011, 01:39 PM
Skraut

Quote:
Well, to be fair. You can never have too many 1st line players.
Except we're currently 2 short...

Skraut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2011, 01:49 PM
Fro
Yes Cbus has hockey

did the fun that was the thread on the mains disappear for anyone else but me?

Fro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2011, 01:53 PM
Monk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fro View Post
did the fun that was the thread on the mains disappear for anyone else but me?
This one?

http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=925820