HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Jason Arnott

Closed Thread

Old
07-19-2004, 11:57 AM
BDubinskyNYR17*

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to BDubinskyNYR17*
Jason Arnott

FT WORTH STAR-TELEGRAM: Jim Reeves reports Dallas Stars owner Tom Hicks and team president Jim Lites are the ones behind the club's interest in bringing back Brett Hull, in part because his "name recognition" could boost ticket sales. Reeves believes it would be a mistake for the Stars to sign Hull, given his age, work ethic, outspokenness and the club's depth at right wing. He feels the team would be better off signing "workers and grinders", players he feels the Stars lacked last season. Regarding Jason Arnott, Reeves believes the Stars "will see what he can bring on the trade market".

Spector's Note: My thanks to Andrew's Dallas Stars Page. This columnist makes a good point regarding the Stars depth on the wing and it's need to obtain more grit. As for Arnott, Reeves wrote that he had a sub-par season, yet points-wise it was the second-best season of Arnott's career. Still, he's correct in suggesting Arnott still has value around the league and it wouldn't be surprising if they did inquire of his market value.

Now Arnott, is big, in his prime and would help us at centre. Now what would it take to get Arnott from Dallas? Im guessing Sather would be intrested cause he had him in Edmonton.

How about this deal?
Dallas - D Tom Poti, D Dale Purinton and 2ed round pick in 2005
Rangers - C Jason Arnott, and either LW Steve Ott or C Joel Lundqvist (henrik's brother)

Would this be fair deal?

Old
07-19-2004, 12:03 PM
Rodent

How did Arnott and Holik get along in New Jersey?

If there was friction, then this isn't a good move.

Old
07-19-2004, 12:24 PM
BDubinskyNYR17*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodent
How did Arnott and Holik get along in New Jersey?

If there was friction, then this isn't a good move.

I doubt their was any friction between them. Say if we got Arnott, and then tried somehow to get Skorya from the Ducks, these 2 moves would be going in the right direction. These players are in their prime and not over 30 and still produce.

Old
07-19-2004, 12:41 PM
NYR469

that proposed trade is about the most lopsided deal i've seen in a LONG time...if your goal is to get dallas to hang up the phone laughing then you are on the right track...

and the stars have been rumored to be looking to dump arnott for 3 years, yet they haven't moved him yet...and they just re-signed him, why would they do that if they didn't want to pay him?

Old
07-19-2004, 12:47 PM
You 'Orns!

Send a message via AIM to 007 Send a message via MSN to 007
With Boucher and Zubov, the Stars wouldn't care for Poti.

Old
07-19-2004, 01:25 PM
Sather Hater

I wouldn't give up a second rounder next year for Arnott, we're rebuilding.

I would trade Holik and maybe pay some of his salary for Arnott, that's about it.

Old
07-19-2004, 01:48 PM
BDubinskyNYR17*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sather Hater
I wouldn't give up a second rounder next year for Arnott, we're rebuilding.

I would trade Holik and maybe pay some of his salary for Arnott, that's about it.
I doubt anyone would take Holik. I wonder what would have happened if Holik resigned with the Devils.

Old
07-19-2004, 02:39 PM
Evgeny Oliker

vCash: 474
why would u want to give up purrinton and poti for arnott in the first place? arnott is 29, not so young...while poti and purrinton are still very young. yes, poti hasnt been great on defense but he can still improve...i thought he was a bit better last season. i'd rather offer them something like lampman and lundmark...i'm sure they'd want a center in return

Old
07-19-2004, 03:03 PM
Vito Andolini

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2forsbergaura1
why would u want to give up purrinton and poti for arnott in the first place? arnott is 29, not so young...while poti and purrinton are still very young. yes, poti hasnt been great on defense but he can still improve...i thought he was a bit better last season. i'd rather offer them something like lampman and lundmark...i'm sure they'd want a center in return
I'm not saying I want Arnott, although depending on his attittude he could make a fine addition to this club, but I dont understand how you could not be in favor of trading Poti and Purinton because of their age in relation to Arnott, then turn around and offer Lundmark and Lampman. Purinton is about to turn 28 and Poti is now 27 while Lundmark and Lampman are 23 and 21.

Old
07-19-2004, 03:05 PM
nyr7andcounting

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2forsbergaura1
What? If Poti and Purinton are too young to trade, then why would we trade Lundmark and Lampman instead? They are even younger.

Arnott is young enough to stay with this team through a rebuild. If he plays well, he could be one of our better forwards right now, and he could be a valuable leader on a young, up and coming Rangers team in 3-5 years. BUT, Arnott mostly plays RW....Jagr is 1, and Balej NEEDS to be #2. Thus, it's not worth the price to get Arnott if we are going to be putting him on the 3rd or 4th line (Ortmeyer deserves ice time also). The only way I am interested in Arnott is if we move him to center and let him play with Jagr, because we do need someone proven to play top line, and Arnott is big enough and can play a similar style to Holik, whom Jagr says he liked playing with.

Old
07-19-2004, 03:13 PM
little a from da bx

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOrtmeyer41

Now Arnott, is big, in his prime and would help us at centre. Now what would it take to get Arnott from Dallas? Im guessing Sather would be intrested cause he had him in Edmonton.

How about this deal?
Rangers - C Jason Arnott, and either LW Steve Ott or C Joel Lundqvist (henrik's brother)

Would this be fair deal?
i dont know. i dont see that happening especially with steve ott in the deal and , doubt it would go through imo. maybe something like

to nyr: john erskine,jason arnott

to dallas: bryce lampman ,2nd rd 2006, mid level prospect ( dont know who it would be a fwd though )

and i more than definitly agree with picking up arnott, would be a great addition no arguments about it, nyr should def go for it. i know i would. he is big and, got the size and wieght and can put up ok #'s.

Old
07-19-2004, 03:30 PM
doubled

Sather already traded Arnott once for lack of production

Sather isn't going to bring in Arnott, he traded him once already because of lack on production. That was about the time we were trying to move kovelev, there were some rumors at that time for Arnott for kovelev. We don't need Arnott.

Old
07-19-2004, 03:35 PM
little a from da bx

Quote:
Originally Posted by doubled
Sather isn't going to bring in Arnott, he traded him once already because of lack on production. That was about the time we were trying to move kovelev, there were some rumors at that time for Arnott for kovelev. We don't need Arnott.
lack of production, yeah what when he was a rookie with edmonton his original team. i dont know how u compare his rookie season ( or what ever the 2 or 3 seasons he was there )to being a proven vet center , who puts up good #'s now and has 2 or 3 cup rings ( to me he is a proven winner )..... so what u are talkng about was then not now , there is a difference in his game from him being a kid to a vet.

isnt there????

Old
07-19-2004, 03:43 PM
AzWeThInKwEiZ

I hate to say it but Poti, and Purinton arent going to fetch us anything rightnow outside of maybe a 2nd or 3rd round pick, their stock is very low right now.

Old
07-19-2004, 04:21 PM
BDubinskyNYR17*

Quote:
Originally Posted by AzWeThInKwEiZ
I hate to say it but Poti, and Purinton arent going to fetch us anything rightnow outside of maybe a 2nd or 3rd round pick, their stock is very low right now.
yea and Mike York value is prolly the highest ever.

Old
07-19-2004, 05:31 PM
RANGERDIEHARD

Quote:
FT WORTH STAR-TELEGRAM: Jim Reeves reports Dallas Stars owner Tom Hicks and team president Jim Lites are the ones behind the club's interest in bringing back Brett Hull, in part because his "name recognition" could boost ticket sales. Reeves believes it would be a mistake for the Stars to sign Hull, given his age, work ethic, outspokenness and the club's depth at right wing. He feels the team would be better off signing "workers and grinders", players he feels the Stars lacked last season. Regarding Jason Arnott, Reeves believes the Stars "will see what he can bring on the trade market".

Spector's Note: My thanks to Andrew's Dallas Stars Page. This columnist makes a good point regarding the Stars depth on the wing and it's need to obtain more grit. As for Arnott, Reeves wrote that he had a sub-par season, yet points-wise it was the second-best season of Arnott's career. Still, he's correct in suggesting Arnott still has value around the league and it wouldn't be surprising if they did inquire of his market value.

How about this deal?

Would this be fair deal?
We shouldn't be trading any 2005 picks; it is sounding like the best draft in years.

Old
07-19-2004, 05:41 PM
Edge

I dunno about adding a guy who is turning 30 to a roster that won't be a real contender for at at least two-three more seasons.

Old
07-19-2004, 05:52 PM
BDubinskyNYR17*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edge
I dunno about adding a guy who is turning 30 to a roster that won't be a real contender for at at least two-three more seasons.
well u need some vets, and arnott is a good leader. We need guys who work hard, help the youngsters out. Guys with leadership.

Old
07-19-2004, 05:54 PM
GDS

We'll give you Arnott/Ott for Poti/Baranka/2nd round pick.

Thanks.

Old
07-19-2004, 05:56 PM
BDubinskyNYR17*

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDS
We'll give you Arnott/Ott for Poti/Baranka/2nd round pick.

Thanks.
How about Arnott and Ott for Poti, Falardeau, and Dale Purinton

Old
07-19-2004, 06:00 PM
in the hall

Quote:
How about Arnott and Ott for Poti, Falardeau, and Dale Purinton
ridiculous offer
no chance, probably get laughed at

Old
07-19-2004, 06:05 PM
nyr7andcounting

If Ott were replaced by a 2005 2nd or 3rd rounder I think the deal would be easier for Dallas fans to swallow. Ott is a tough kid and he's the kind of guy that fans love (Ortmeyer with more overall skill).

Arnott and a 2005 2nd rounder for Poti, Baranka or Farledeau and Purinton

Old
07-19-2004, 06:08 PM
BDubinskyNYR17*

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyr7andcounting
If Ott were replaced by a 2005 2nd or 3rd rounder I think the deal would be easier for Dallas fans to swallow. Ott is a tough kid and he's the kind of guy that fans love (Ortmeyer with more overall skill).

Arnott and a 2005 2nd rounder for Poti, Baranka or Farledeau and Purinton
Id rather give away Farledeau then deal Baranka. Baranka had a good year on his team in the WHL.

Baranka

Season Team League GP G A PTS PIM +/-
2003-04 Everett Silvertips WHL 58 3 12 15 69 -2
2004 Everett Silvertips - Playoffs WHL 20 3 5 8 26 -2

Old
07-19-2004, 06:13 PM
Barnaby

Quote:
Id rather give away Farledeau then deal Baranka. Baranka had a good year on his team in the WHL.
Of course you would, but at some point you have to give to get.

Why trade for Arnott when we won't even compete for a playoff spot for 2-3 seasons? You need vets, but it makes zero sense to trade young important assets for them. Just sign 2-3 decent players who are known for their leadership and attitude. If you get lucky you could even move 1-2 at the deadline for a pick or two.

If you think Purinton is bringing back anything then your dreaming...

Old
07-19-2004, 06:19 PM
Dgrohl8

If we deal Baranka it would be horrible the guy is going to be a top 4 defencemen he is my favorite ranger prospect and i have been watchin him for 2 years he is going to be a great player for us

Closed Thread