HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

[CBJ/MTL] Wisniewski's rights for a Cond. 7th (5th if he signs in CBJ) (post #302)

Closed Thread

Old
06-30-2011, 11:02 AM
Em Ancien
Sexy 2nd Rounder

vCash: 500
Yvon Pedneault is speculating.

I highly doubt Wiz was thinking he'd be getting over 35M$ guaranteed.

Old
06-30-2011, 11:03 AM
Agnostic
11 Stanley Cups

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
Right, and just because that's what YOU believe, from your comfortable chair, at home, in front of your CPU, without having any professional administration type of work related to managing a team, doesn't mean it's really how it goes down.

You are trading for negotiating rights and have a very narrow window. You can choose to bluff and say you have two other teams offering more, to which CLB will probably say go ahead, they have less than 48h to make a deal happen. Some might be willing to take a small risk and wait for the market to open.

Bottom line, stop pretending to know what is really going on behind closed doors.
I know everything, you don't . Fans are dumb. I am smart. My endless hypothetical distortions are reality, your facts are not.

Miller Time is 100 percent on the mark, there are precedents and direct comparisons available to assess Gauthier. They are current, comparable and relevant. The argument of Value of the player versus Value of access to the player is worthy of thought, but the tireless bashing of people who enter into the discussion of management continues to make you look foolish.

I implore you, deal with your sensitivities about management.

Old
06-30-2011, 11:04 AM

Quote:
First I didn't say fans don't understand, I said they pretend to know without really knowing much. All they do is assume, and assume for the worst. It's like this every summer, no matter what is done.

What about the Wiz coming here? What about that trade? How great was it? What about going after Mara and Sopel which proved to be helpful?
What about the Markov signing? Plek? Price?
So because Wiz brought in a 7th (maybe a 5th) while Buf-Nyi got a 4the for a better D, you're going to say Gauthier is bad?? Dude, get a grip on yourself. Do you realize how stupid this sounds? Obviously not.
Don't you realize how it went?

Gauthier was offered a 1st round pick for the Wiz, he turned it down and insisted on CBJ giving him a conditional 7th instead.

Old
06-30-2011, 11:06 AM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by hototogisu View Post
TReedDispatch Thomas Reed
by TSNBobMcKenzie
James Wisniewski at Nationwide Arena talking to #CBJ personnel.

Come onnn 5th rounder!
But...but...but.....a 5th rounder won't play on the PP next year....

Would be an awesome news if he signs. And please....LET TIMMINS WORK HIS MAGIC WITH THAT PICK!!!! DO NOT TRADE THAT 5TH ROUNDER FOR JANNE NIINIMAA AT THE TRADE DEADLINE!!!!

Old
06-30-2011, 11:07 AM
Em Ancien
Sexy 2nd Rounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post

Would be an awesome news if he signs. And please....LET TIMMINS WORK HIS MAGIC WITH THAT PICK!!!! DO NOT TRADE THAT 5TH ROUNDER FOR JANNE NIINIMAA AT THE TRADE DEADLINE!!!!
It's our 2nd that's going to be dealt. Duh.

Last edited by Em Ancien: 06-30-2011 at 11:14 AM.
Old
06-30-2011, 11:07 AM
Bullsmith

Quote:
Originally Posted by 417 View Post
Don't you realize how it went?

Gauthier was offered a 1st round pick for the Wiz, he turned it down and insisted on CBJ giving him a conditional 7th instead.
He actually tried to give him away for free, but CB insisted.

Old
06-30-2011, 11:08 AM
ThaDevilGirl

Quote:

I'd trade a 5th rounder for Janne Niinimaa just for comedic purposes.

Old
06-30-2011, 11:10 AM
Miller Time

wow... if he does get 7-8 years @5M+ that will be remarkable.

I didn't want the habs to give him more than 4.5M$ on any kind of long-term deal, definitely have to agree with Barnaby's take, 5M$ risks being a big overpayment for Wiz.

either way, hope that deal gets done. A 5th would be a solid return, so even if I dislike how Gauthier handled it, it's the end result that matters.

lmao at posters who still think that whatever a GM does = good move b/c he is a GM... beyond ridiculous.

Old
06-30-2011, 11:10 AM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
First I didn't say fans don't understand, I said they pretend to know without really knowing much. All they do is assume, and assume for the worst. It's like this every summer, no matter what is done.
Not necessarily on that issue, 'cause I agree with you, but fans and even media can only do one thing and it's to assume. The omerta that is going on around that team is crazy stupid. So you're only left with assumptions. Mind you, I am NOT saying that Gauthier should have a daily show on the radio saying that he does this and that...but there's a freakin limit. When there's 1 day during the season you should let your head scout talk and you don't want to do it. Or when there are 2 press conferences a year and when there's nothing to talk about it 'cause it's filled with "We'll see, we'll make the analysis and you'll learn the news when it happens"....people can only assume. Habs have nothing but themselves to blame. Not saying also that he should be a one-man show à la Brian Burke, yet, how is that market less crazy than us? You keep hearing that Gauthier has no choice but to shut up based on where he is...and yet, Burke feels he doesn't talk too much....(Note, I'm not comparing both guys quality as a GM, just their approach towards the media and fans...)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Em Ancien View Post
It's our 2nd that's going to be dealth. Duh.
Yeah...my bad....don't know where my head was....

Old
06-30-2011, 11:14 AM
Miller Time

Quote:

no no no, you've got it all wrong, we'll trade it back to CBJ for whatever press box dman they have no use for come january

Old
06-30-2011, 11:14 AM
Madam Kadri
Fight, Troll, Score

Yep, all this hissing and whining about letting Wiz go...and the team who get his rights easily beat whatever offer Habs management was offering him.

You know who you are, just admit you were mistaken just this once.

Old
06-30-2011, 11:15 AM
shamrun

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForeverAlone View Post
That gif pretty much sums it up.

Old
06-30-2011, 11:15 AM
Miller Time

Quote:
Not necessarily on that issue, 'cause I agree with you, but fans and even media can only do one thing and it's to assume. The omerta that is going on around that team is crazy stupid. So you're only left with assumptions. Mind you, I am NOT saying that Gauthier should have a daily show on the radio saying that he does this and that...but there's a freakin limit. When there's 1 day during the season you should let your head scout talk and you don't want to do it. Or when there are 2 press conferences a year and when there's nothing to talk about it 'cause it's filled with "We'll see, we'll make the analysis and you'll learn the news when it happens"....people can only assume. Habs have nothing but themselves to blame. Not saying also that he should be a one-man show à la Brian Burke, yet, how is that market less crazy than us? You keep hearing that Gauthier has no choice but to shut up based on where he is...and yet, Burke feels he doesn't talk too much....(Note, I'm not comparing both guys quality as a GM, just their approach towards the media and fans...)
quoted for truth!

Old
06-30-2011, 11:16 AM
Kriss E

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agnostic View Post
I know everything, you don't . Fans are dumb. I am smart. My endless hypothetical distortions are reality, your facts are not.

Miller Time is 100 percent on the mark, there are precedents and direct comparisons available to assess Gauthier. They are current, comparable and relevant. The argument of Value of the player versus Value of access to the player is worthy of thought, but the tireless bashing of people who enter into the discussion of management continues to make you look foolish.

I implore you, deal with your sensitivities about management.
Oh boy, I think I'll just leave it at

Old
06-30-2011, 11:17 AM
Ohashi_Jouzu

Whoa... 7-8 years? I don't particularly care what the dollar figures are on deals that long. You have to be a bit more established and a "sure thing" to command that kind of term.

Old
06-30-2011, 11:18 AM
Myron Gaines*
Trop Giou

Quote:
Oh boy, I think I'll just leave it at
Try this

Old
06-30-2011, 11:21 AM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobBarker View Post
speculation about Yvon Pednault about Wiz's number in Columbus. They are supposedly negotiating since 8am today

7-8 years @ 5.2M$ per
Wow that's a hell of a deal for the Wiz camp, CBJ on the other hand should know better after signing Commodore a few years ago

Old
06-30-2011, 11:22 AM
Coldplay
Courage

I love Wiz to bits, but any 8 year contract, unless you're a premier, top-end player a la Datsyuk, is asinine on so many different levels.

Old
06-30-2011, 11:23 AM
Frank Drebin

vCash: 735
Lol, is this thread really about a 4th vs 7th rounder?

As for Laps, I believe Anh. traded him to Vancouver pretty close to the trade deadline, Vancouver wanted him for their cup run.

Montreal just wanted him out.

Again, 3rd vs 5th. PG could have possibly done better, but you guys are acting like the difference in picks actually means something to the future of our club.

Anything after the third round is kinda a crap shoot IMO.

Old
06-30-2011, 11:25 AM
habitue*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldplay View Post
I love Wiz to bits, but any 8 year contract, unless you're a premier, top-end player a la Datsyuk, is asinine on so many different levels.
These are rumours.... if he gets 5 year deal, it's gonna be more than enough.

Old
06-30-2011, 11:25 AM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank Drebin View Post
Lol, is this thread really about a 4th vs 7th rounder?

As for Laps, I believe Anh. traded him to Vancouver pretty close to the trade deadline, Vancouver wanted him for their cup run.

Montreal just wanted him out.

Again, 3rd vs 5th. PG could have possibly done better, but you guys are acting like the difference in picks actually means something to the future of our club.

Anything after the third round is kinda a crap shoot IMO.
We traded him to Anaheim and they moved him to Vancouver.

Agreed on the wanting him out part

Old
06-30-2011, 11:28 AM
Frank Drebin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs 4 Life View Post
We traded him to Anaheim and they moved him to Vancouver.

Agreed on the wanting him out part
Ya I was just saying that a team may pay a little more at the deadline if they want a player.

Anh. was more like: "Meh, we'll give you a 5th for him"

Old
06-30-2011, 11:38 AM
Em Ancien
Sexy 2nd Rounder

Quote:
So true.

All he had to do was go on record as saying either Wiz was asking too much and/or they intended to use that cap space for reason X.

It's like they don't give a **** about letting go of a fan favorite.

Old
06-30-2011, 11:40 AM
Frank Drebin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Em Ancien View Post
It's like they don't give a **** about letting go of a fan favorite.
They do whats best for the club.

See: Halak, Jaroslav.

Old
06-30-2011, 11:41 AM
macavoy

vCash: 243
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blame it on PK View Post
Yep, all this hissing and whining about letting Wiz go...and the team who get his rights easily beat whatever offer Habs management was offering him.

You know who you are, just admit you were mistaken just this once.

As one of the ones who was whining about letting him go, I was saying give him $5.75m, which is more than what the BJ's are offering. So I wasn't wrong.

Also $5m 3 years ago =/ $5m today.

The cap has gone up significantly, that is why you are seeing players like Laich get $4.5m Start expecting to see players like AK get $5m next season for basically the same output as last season, 20g, 25a.

Its called inflation.

Closed Thread