HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Winnipeg Jets
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

What Would You Like to See on Opening Night?

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
06-15-2011, 02:33 PM
  #26
untouchable21
You've been TROUBA'D
 
untouchable21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: The Outer Limits.
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,884
vCash: 500
Well the main objective is to get a WIN by any means, but yeah what has been mentioned about the video tribute and Jets legends in attendance would be emotional.


I truly want to see a DOMINANT ZACH BOGOSIAN chip in with a few points while shutting down the other team's top players. Basically a statement game to announce that he has arrived and season # 4 is where he begins living up to his potential.


PUTTING AN END TO ALL THE LOWBALLING BOGOSIAN TRADE PROPOSALS


*even though that will only increase every team's fans desire to create proposals for him*

untouchable21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2011, 02:36 PM
  #27
Jet
Moderator
Stand by your man
 
Jet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Whipanegg
Country: Canada
Posts: 18,448
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coxx View Post
Hull,Steen,Hawerchuk,Numminen and the queen raised into the rafters
When I read this I imagine Hull, Steen, Hawerchuk and Numminen attached to wires and physically lifted into the rafters

Jet is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2011, 02:38 PM
  #28
Huffer
Registered User
 
Huffer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 9,783
vCash: 1090
Quote:
Originally Posted by gee View Post
might have to contract the Canadiens for some PR work. their videos and production is top notch.
I agree, the Habs do great pre-game pre game stuff. I really loved the flames that they had on the ice after the players this year. I also love how they incorporate the traditions and have old Habs come out.

But I have to give the TNSE staff a tip of the cap as well, because I have seen them do some pretty good stuff at some Moose games. The Mike Keane night was pretty nice.

Huffer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2011, 03:00 PM
  #29
untouchable21
You've been TROUBA'D
 
untouchable21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: The Outer Limits.
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,884
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by wpgsilver View Post
-A great video tribute to the past
-The whiteout
-A win

Question: How would people feel about using "Jump" again as the music the team takes the ice to?
I loved it back in the day, but the more I think about perhaps thats one of the things that can be phased out within the context of a fresh start. Even though I think on opening night it would bring the house down.
I'm not overly picky about what intro song is used. Lots of good ones out there.

For whatever reason, Burn It To The Ground always gets me pumped and ready for a good time but because it is Nickelback, it will ultimately get dismissed.

untouchable21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2011, 03:12 PM
  #30
Wpg Jets Fan
Registered User
 
Wpg Jets Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Wild West
Country: Canada
Posts: 811
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by wpgsilver View Post
-A great video tribute to the past
-The whiteout
-A win

Question: How would people feel about using "Jump" again as the music the team takes the ice to?
I loved it back in the day, but the more I think about perhaps thats one of the things that can be phased out within the context of a fresh start. Even though I think on opening night it would bring the house down.
Haha dude I love where your heads at, but no! Out dated!

Wpg Jets Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2011, 03:15 PM
  #31
pegcity
Registered User
 
pegcity's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 505
vCash: 500
A focus on the future.

pegcity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2011, 03:15 PM
  #32
Wpg Jets Fan
Registered User
 
Wpg Jets Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Wild West
Country: Canada
Posts: 811
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by untouchable21 View Post
I'm not overly picky about what intro song is used. Lots of good ones out there.

For whatever reason, Burn It To The Ground always gets me pumped and ready for a good time but because it is Nickelback, it will ultimately get dismissed.
Burn it to the ground is a sweet song idea! Its a neutral song, with a good beat and intensity!

I like this song but know one knows this band or would like that music. See below.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kx6FV2qR2TY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z78PjvfCVTQ

Wpg Jets Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2011, 03:23 PM
  #33
BrianL*
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 432
vCash: 500
What would I like to see from my fabulous P2 seats? The score board at the end displaying Winnipeg 10 Phoenix 0.

BTW, I also would like to see a pre-season game in Atlanta, although I think for those matchups, wouldn't that be a road game for both teams? After all, we STH have paid for the home pre-season games. I'm curious, would the Atlanta people want them to wear the Thrashers uniform one last time (if that was an option)?

BrianL* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2011, 03:46 PM
  #34
untouchable21
You've been TROUBA'D
 
untouchable21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: The Outer Limits.
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,884
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wpg Jets Fan View Post
Burn it to the ground is a sweet song idea! Its a neutral song, with a good beat and intensity!

I like this song but know one knows this band or would like that music. See below.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kx6FV2qR2TY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z78PjvfCVTQ
Oddly enough, these two are better than I expected. Pretty good beat to them.

untouchable21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2011, 03:58 PM
  #35
Guardian17
Strong & Free
 
Guardian17's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,360
vCash: 500
Just WIN!!!

Guardian17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2011, 04:24 PM
  #36
chipper
Thrashers forever
 
chipper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Country: United States
Posts: 804
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to chipper
In terms of the pre-season games, maybe just one would be enough, as we really never DID get a chance to say goodbye. I would hope and think that we could fill it up for that. I wish that the NHL and the ASG would consider letting it happen to at least smooth over things a BIT. It would be great.

chipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2011, 04:25 PM
  #37
chipper
Thrashers forever
 
chipper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Country: United States
Posts: 804
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to chipper
Quote:
Originally Posted by untouchable21 View Post
I truly want to see a DOMINANT ZACH BOGOSIAN chip in with a few points while shutting down the other team's top players. Basically a statement game to announce that he has arrived and season # 4 is where he begins living up to his potential. :nod
Good luck with that one!

chipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2011, 04:59 PM
  #38
teeks643
GO LETS GO
 
teeks643's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Mission, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 480
vCash: 500
A Whiteout, the Jets skating out to "Jump" by Van Halen, and those two really bad clapping animations from the old barn (one where the hands are really floppy and then the other one where they are rigid and just kind of go together and meet in the crux of the thumbs..)

teeks643 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2011, 05:25 PM
  #39
chipper
Thrashers forever
 
chipper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Country: United States
Posts: 804
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to chipper
Quote:
Originally Posted by riggins415 View Post
A Whiteout, the Jets skating out to "Jump" by Van Halen, and those two really bad clapping animations from the old barn (one where the hands are really floppy and then the other one where they are rigid and just kind of go together and meet in the crux of the thumbs..)
They used those animations EVERYWHERE. I remember before the Braves put in their giant HD screen, they had the color tv screen and the black and yellow regular scoreboard, and the clapping hands would come on totally out of beat with the beats of the cheers, and of course the singing orange for DAYYYYYYYOHHHH that would totally be out of beat with Harry Belafonte.

chipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2011, 06:09 PM
  #40
The Fat Kid
1999-2011
 
The Fat Kid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Atlanta
Posts: 467
vCash: 500
the team in atlanta wearing thrashers jerseys

will settle for

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian17 View Post
Just WIN!!!

The Fat Kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2011, 07:18 PM
  #41
Noeller
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Oil Country
Country: Canada
Posts: 288
vCash: 500
I can't, for the life of me, figure out why some of you are so hell bent on re-living your youth.....? I mean, how bad is your life now??

I second the poster who said "focus on the future".

Noeller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2011, 07:41 PM
  #42
Hawker14
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,017
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noeller View Post
I can't, for the life of me, figure out why some of you are so hell bent on re-living your youth.....? I mean, how bad is your life now??
1. i hate my job
2. i have no relationship
3. i sit at home most of the time and sob
4. i can't get out of the funk i am in
5. i hate the way i look
6. i hate how others have relationships and i don't
7. i know sitting at home doesn't help but i cant bring myself to get out and meet new people
8. im getting older so most of the problems are worse than if i was having the same problems when i was younger
9. im hungry and have no groceries
10. my cable is out
11. my vision is getting bad

Hawker14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2011, 07:50 PM
  #43
dronald
Registered User
 
dronald's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Hamilton, ON
Posts: 1,165
vCash: 500
I want someone to hang the banner that says, "Our Jets will fly forever" again, assuming they are named the Jets. I think that would be amazing.

dronald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2011, 08:18 PM
  #44
wpgallday1960
Registered User
 
wpgallday1960's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Sunny St. James
Country: Canada
Posts: 954
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by untouchable21 View Post
I'm not overly picky about what intro song is used. Lots of good ones out there.

For whatever reason, Burn It To The Ground always gets me pumped and ready for a good time but because it is Nickelback, it will ultimately get dismissed.
This got me thinking - how about "Burning Down the House" by Talking Heads. You night have to discount my opinion as I'm a huge 'Heads fan.

wpgallday1960 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2011, 08:34 PM
  #45
Jet
Moderator
Stand by your man
 
Jet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Whipanegg
Country: Canada
Posts: 18,448
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mulligan View Post
1. i hate my job
2. i have no relationship
3. i sit at home most of the time and sob
4. i can't get out of the funk i am in
5. i hate the way i look
6. i hate how others have relationships and i don't
7. i know sitting at home doesn't help but i cant bring myself to get out and meet new people
8. im getting older so most of the problems are worse than if i was having the same problems when i was younger
9. im hungry and have no groceries
10. my cable is out
11. my vision is getting bad
Haha nice!

My life on the other hand is pretty awesome. I would, however still love to see the JETS come out to JUMP with TEEMU on the RW.

Your life doesn't have to suck to want to relive great memories

Jet is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2011, 08:48 PM
  #46
Juzmo
dont google me
 
Juzmo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: here
Country: Finland
Posts: 37,931
vCash: 690
Quote:
Originally Posted by chipper View Post
In terms of the pre-season games, maybe just one would be enough, as we really never DID get a chance to say goodbye. I would hope and think that we could fill it up for that. I wish that the NHL and the ASG would consider letting it happen to at least smooth over things a BIT. It would be great.
Yeah that would be awesome for you guys. Hoping that would happen.

Juzmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2011, 08:57 PM
  #47
AndersUlfBobby
Just be patient kids
 
AndersUlfBobby's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Winnipeg, MB
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,717
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterTagliandEddy View Post
it will be emotional for me but i just want to WIN ! I will be recording it, so after i leave MTS i will head home and watch it again! First time in a long time im actually looking forward to a WPG winter...
I can't believe I'm saying this, but I TOO can't wait for winter this year. First time I've ever said that in 50 years.

AndersUlfBobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2011, 09:49 AM
  #48
Huffer
Registered User
 
Huffer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 9,783
vCash: 1090
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noeller View Post
I can't, for the life of me, figure out why some of you are so hell bent on re-living your youth.....? I mean, how bad is your life now??

I second the poster who said "focus on the future".
If there is no value in traditions, why don't teams change their uniforms every few years? And not just a cosmetic change, but change the team name and colors?

Why do all teams bring out old players before some games for ceremonies? Montreal brings out their old greats all the time. Boston brought out Orr to wave the flag before game 4. Why did they do that? Does everyone's life suck in Montreal and Boston? Why should they care about Beliveau and Orr, those guys are the past right? Focus on the future only!

Maybe asking for Jump or the clapping hands or the dancing hotdog or the "no foolin with Poulin" advertisements is going a bit far. But why should Winnipegers have to apologize, or explain why we want to hold on to some of our traditions and our past?

Does Montreal have to explain? Does Boston? Does anyone else?

Huffer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2011, 10:00 AM
  #49
TCsmyth
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 1,133
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noeller View Post
I can't, for the life of me, figure out why some of you are so hell bent on re-living your youth.....? I mean, how bad is your life now??

I second the poster who said "focus on the future".

You seem really down on the people that have great and fond memories of the Winnipeg Jets. Funny, I have some friends from Kenora and Brandon, and they have this visceral reaction to anything that "us guys" from Winnipeg love and remember with great fondness. They hate the idea of Jets, they hate anything old or from the past..."new, new name, new direction, new attitude, new altitude!"...(sorry, the last 2 are from the past).

Save it bud, and stay with your Oilers or wherever you are commenting from. My life is great now - and try telling a Bruin fan to change their name, forget about Orr and Schmitt and Espo and Bucyk - same as telling a Winnipeg to forget Hull, Hedberg, Sjoberg, Hawerchuck, Selanne.

Good times then, great times now. For the life of you? You really must be from Portage or Brandon or somewhere not the Peg.

TCsmyth is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:04 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.