HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Around the NHL Part XV (Offseason Begins Edition)

Closed Thread

Old
06-24-2011, 11:11 PM
silverfish
KEVIN!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR Boyler87 View Post
Regehr + Kotalik for Ennis!?

Why would Buffalo move such a good, young promising player for them?
Yep color me as confused here too, not really what I was expecting as a return for Regher.

Makes you think...

Would you send Girardi + Wolski to the Sabres for Ennis?

I think I may...

Ennis - Richards - Gaborik

with enough space to grab a right-handed free agent Dman

Old
06-24-2011, 11:12 PM
New York RKY
Let's Go Rangers!

Did they really give up Ennis for that?!?!?!?!

Get me DAL on the phone WE WANT ERIKSSON!!!!!!!!!!!!

06-24-2011, 11:13 PM
NYR Viper

I mean as a rookie in the NHL, Ennis had 49 points and 20 goals. I know Regehr is good but moving a future offensive dynamo is not the way to go about it IMO.

Old
06-24-2011, 11:14 PM
Inferno
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR Boyler87 View Post
Regehr + Kotalik for Ennis!?

Why would Buffalo move such a good, young promising player for them?
jesus is that the actual deal?

Old
06-24-2011, 11:14 PM
New York RKY
Let's Go Rangers!

Nothing is confirmed yet.

Old
06-24-2011, 11:18 PM
NYR Viper

Quote:
QR77football Football Lives Here
by BNHarrington
Roby Regehr and Ales Kotalik to Buffalo for Tyler Ennis accrding to multiple reports. Oilers still refusing to confirm Smyth trade #yyc #cfl
Not confirmed but thats the rumor out there.

Old
06-24-2011, 11:20 PM
New York RKY
Let's Go Rangers!

Wow, what is Sather doing.

He needs to get into the action.

If that kind of package could get Tyler Ennis we NEED to go out there and start looking for a top line LW like RIGHT NOW!!

Old
wolfgaze
Interesting Cat

I don't see confirmation of what Buffalo sent their way yet... Highly doubt the new owner comes in and allows their most promising young rookie to be dealt the summer after his rookie season... Talk about a great way to immediately turn your fan base against you. I'd be shocked.

Old
silverfish
KEVIN!

Sabres must be very high on Adam/Kassian

also

This puts a pretty big void in their future offense, further cementing them in my mind as a potential suitor for B. Rich.

Old
06-24-2011, 11:32 PM
Vitto79

Quote:
Originally Posted by New York RKY View Post
Wow, what is Sather doing.

He needs to get into the action.

If that kind of package could get Tyler Ennis we NEED to go out there and start looking for a top line LW like RIGHT NOW!!
not sure why you would believe Ennis is involved in a package for an aging Regehr and our buddy Kotalik. Salary dump and they get Ennis , suuuuuuuure

Old
06-24-2011, 11:34 PM
New York RKY
Let's Go Rangers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vitto79 View Post
not sure why you would believe Ennis is involved in a package for an aging Regehr and our buddy Kotalik. Salary dump and they get Ennis , suuuuuuuure
I'm not sure what to believe right now.

And there are clearly a large number of people that believe it as well.

Old
06-24-2011, 11:37 PM
hpNYR
HF Forecaster

Silly trade for Buf IMO...if it's true.

The Chi and FLA trade -- Looks good for the hawks I think. umped much needed Salary..while at the same time FLA needed to add some salary. So no real loser in that one IMO.

Old
06-24-2011, 11:43 PM
hpNYR
HF Forecaster

Ok word is it's Chris Butler and not Ennis. Makes sense now.

Old
silverfish
KEVIN!

McKenzie gets into the mix...

"When, or if, deal is done, hearing Paul Byron, Chris Butler and 2nd is what BUF will send to CGY for Regher/Kotalik. Not yet official #tsn"

EDIT - Buffalo doesn't have a 2nd rd pick this year, so either McKenzie is off or its a 2012 pick

Old
Inferno
HFB Partner

TSNBobMcKenzie Bob McKenzie
When, or if, deal is done, hearing Paul Byron, Chris Butler and 2nd is what BUF will send to CGY for Regher/Kotalik. Not yet official #tsn
1 minute ago

THAT makes way more sense than what was posted earlier.

Old
06-25-2011, 12:26 AM
Janerixon

Quote:
Originally Posted by hpNYR View Post
Silly trade for Buf IMO...if it's true.

The Chi and FLA trade -- Looks good for the hawks I think. umped much needed Salary..while at the same time FLA needed to add some salary. So no real loser in that one IMO.
Rangerboy has been clamoring for us to trade for Olesz so he could eventually be bought out (would have to be next season as he isn't expected to be cleared until September after the buyout period) next season most likely. I normally don't harp on Sather for not making a deal but he should have found a way to send Redden and his contract to Florida for Olesz, I wouldn't care if he included a prospect (as long as it wasn't a top prospect) or a mid pick next season. This would give us much more flexibility with the summer cap and Olesz could be buried in the minors, while the Panthers get less of a player in Redden, but only 3 more years left with Redden and his cap hit as opposed to 5 with Campbell plus his no trade clause so they are stuck with him. Sather has been pretty quiet, he did pull off the Erixon trade but I expect something from him with so much action going on, I also don't see him waiting till the 4th round to make another pick.

Old
06-25-2011, 12:37 AM
New York RKY
Let's Go Rangers!

To be honest with you I'm not really happy with Sather right now.

Don't get me wrong I'm sure he's been working the phones, but I really think he needs to pull the trigger on something big here to make a statement not only to the rest of the NHL but to Brad Richards and Rangers fans that were ready.

He has followed the steps nicely:
- He has removed almost all of the bad contracts
- He has made smarter free agent signings
- He has built up the farm system with excessive amounts of young talent

Now that we have a very deep young prospect pool I think it's time to put them to use.

I really think Sather needs to package a couple of good young pieces and go out and acquire a big name scorer. We have the parts to do it, we just haven't been willing to part with them up to this point.

So why now then? I think now is the time for Sather to make a move because we have built the system up to such a point where getting rid of 2-3 prospects won't kill us. Our defense is deep, and even our young forwards are reasonably deep both at center and on the right side.

We are headed in the right direction. We have a good system, a good young team in place, and money to spend. Zipay expected the Rangers to spend a lot of money this offseason in one of his previous tweets.

I really feel like now is the time to compliment that great young system with some top end talent.

Again, I know Sather has probably been working the phones up to today, but I'm sure he's been hesitant to pull the trigger. I think he really needs to put together some steel balls and actually pull the trigger. I really think now is the time for our franchise.

EDIT: I guess what I'm trying to say is I want Sather to be like Doug Wilson for a day and pull off a bold move for a superstar. DW obviously didn't care so much how steep the cost was, or that he just signed Setoguchi he wanted his man. I want to see that from Sather this offseason.

Old
06-25-2011, 12:43 AM
Inferno
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janerixon View Post
Rangerboy has been clamoring for us to trade for Olesz so he could eventually be bought out (would have to be next season as he isn't expected to be cleared until September after the buyout period) next season most likely. I normally don't harp on Sather for not making a deal but he should have found a way to send Redden and his contract to Florida for Olesz, I wouldn't care if he included a prospect (as long as it wasn't a top prospect) or a mid pick next season. This would give us much more flexibility with the summer cap and Olesz could be buried in the minors, while the Panthers get less of a player in Redden, but only 3 more years left with Redden and his cap hit as opposed to 5 with Campbell plus his no trade clause so they are stuck with him. Sather has been pretty quiet, he did pull off the Erixon trade but I expect something from him with so much action going on, I also don't see him waiting till the 4th round to make another pick.
Campbell >>>>>>>> Redden....Campbell can still play in the NHL, imho, Redden, can't.

Old
06-25-2011, 12:48 AM
Janerixon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inferno272 View Post
Campbell >>>>>>>> Redden....Campbell can still play in the NHL, imho, Redden, can't.
No disagreement on campbell being better than Redden, but Campbell's game has deteriorated heavily and he was on the Hawks, what do you think he will look like on the Panthers? His game isn't going to get any better and they have 5 more years with him and he has a no trade. Only 3 more years with Redden, who if he was that bad could be bought out next season and help them stay close to the cap floor. Plus we would give them something of value, not a top 5 prospect, but a legit prospect or mid level pick. IMO they are going to regret this trade down the line. I am not saying Redden is a quality nhl d-man, but he could benefit from a change of scenery and I can see him on the Panthers 3rd pair plus we give them something else to make it worthwhile for them.

Old
06-25-2011, 12:49 AM
JeffMangum
Man Girardi

vCash: 50
Campbell is still a very good player. I believe he actually got a couple of Norris votes this year.

06-25-2011, 12:53 AM
Blackhawkswincup
Tornado Warning

vCash: 157
Quote:
Originally Posted by Janerixon View Post
No disagreement on campbell being better than Redden, but Campbell's game has deteriorated heavily and he was on the Hawks, what do you think he will look like on the Panthers? His game isn't going to get any better and they have 5 more years with him and he has a no trade. Only 3 more years with Redden, who if he was that bad could be bought out next season and help them stay close to the cap floor. Plus we would give them something of value, not a top 5 prospect, but a legit prospect or mid level pick. IMO they are going to regret this trade down the line. I am not saying Redden is a quality nhl d-man, but he could benefit from a change of scenery and I can see him on the Panthers 3rd pair plus we give them something else to make it worthwhile for them.
Campbell's defensive game has improved but his offensive game had declined

Olesz 3 years left (3.125 cap hit)
Campbell 5 years left ( $7,142,875 cap hit and salary)

Campbell 32 yrs old production offensively with Hawks

52 pts , 38 pts , 27 pts

Olesz will get a chance to turn his career around with Hawks next year (He cant be bought out because of injury)

If he doesn't find his game we can bury his contract for final 2 seasons (Huet's contract expires after next year)

Campbell's contract is just something you cant have. He is our 3rd best dman (4th on some nights) and this gives us cap flexibility to look for #2 C and re-sign Sharp lognterm while filling our roster with quality vet FA's (Not the crap like Pisani , Boynton , Turco we had this past year)

Old
06-25-2011, 12:53 AM
broadwayblue

Quote:
Originally Posted by New York RKY View Post
To be honest with you I'm not really happy with Sather right now.

Don't get me wrong I'm sure he's been working the phones, but I really think he needs to pull the trigger on something big here to make a statement not only to the rest of the NHL but to Brad Richards and Rangers fans that were ready.

He has followed the steps nicely:
- He has removed almost all of the bad contracts
- He has made smarter free agent signings
- He has built up the farm system with excessive amounts of young talent

Now that we have a very deep young prospect pool I think it's time to put them to use.

I really think Sather needs to package a couple of good young pieces and go out and acquire a big name scorer. We have the parts to do it, we just haven't been willing to part with them up to this point.

So why now then? I think now is the time for Sather to make a move because we have built the system up to such a point where getting rid of 2-3 prospects won't kill us. Our defense is deep, and even our young forwards are reasonably deep both at center and on the right side.

We are headed in the right direction. We have a good system, a good young team in place, and money to spend. Zipay expected the Rangers to spend a lot of money this offseason in one of his previous tweets.

I really feel like now is the time to compliment that great young system with some top end talent.

Again, I know Sather has probably been working the phones up to today, but I'm sure he's been hesitant to pull the trigger. I think he really needs to put together some steel balls and actually pull the trigger. I really think now is the time for our franchise.

EDIT: I guess what I'm trying to say is I want Sather to be like Doug Wilson for a day and pull off a bold move for a superstar. DW obviously didn't care so much how steep the cost was, or that he just signed Setoguchi he wanted his man. I want to see that from Sather this offseason.
I want no part of my GM not caring how steep the cost is for any player. As for moving assets for players who will fill a need, I'm all for it...and it will come in time. We just don't know what we have in certain guys right now. Soon enough we will. Just be patient for a bit longer. The organization has been moving in the right direction.

Old
06-25-2011, 12:56 AM
New York RKY
Let's Go Rangers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by broadwayblue View Post
I want no part of my GM not caring how steep the cost is for any player. As for moving assets for players who will fill a need, I'm all for it...and it will come in time. We just don't know what we have in certain players right now. Soon enough we will. Just be patient for a bit longer. The organization has been moving in the right direction.
I didn't mean that he doesn't care and will fork over whatever the other GM wants.

I mean that he'd be willing to accept a steep price while knowing full-well that even minus these prospects that he has a bunch more in the system and it wouldn't kill us.

I know patience is a virtue but I feel like this is the offseason we need to pull the trigger on one of these big deals.

Old
06-25-2011, 12:58 AM
Janerixon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Boyle View Post
Campbell is still a very good player. I believe he actually got a couple of Norris votes this year.
Product of his environment on the Hawks this season. His game has regressed and his defensive play is closing on on Malik/Redden bad. Mixed reactions on the Hawks board, some loved it and others wanted more for soupy than Olesz. It was a salary dump, just saying we could have dumped Redden if we gave them something of value. I think Campbell is being overrated here, I would rather have Rozy here than Campbell at this point (nothing to do with contracts, just think Campbell is that bad defensively).

Old
06-25-2011, 01:01 AM
Janerixon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackhawkswincup View Post
Campbell's defensive game has improved but his offensive game had declined

Olesz 3 years left (3.125 cap hit)
Campbell 5 years left ( $7,142,875 cap hit and salary)

Campbell 32 yrs old production offensively with Hawks

52 pts , 38 pts , 27 pts

Olesz will get a chance to turn his career around with Hawks next year (He cant be bought out because of injury)

If he doesn't find his game we can bury his contract for final 2 seasons (Huet's contract expires after next year)

Campbell's contract is just something you cant have. He is our 3rd best dman (4th on some nights) and this gives us cap flexibility to look for #2 C and re-sign Sharp lognterm while filling our roster with quality vet FA's (Not the crap like Pisani , Boynton , Turco we had this past year)
You watched him a lot more than me this season, i agree on his offensive decline, but the games I saw him I thought he was terrible defensively. For such a fluid skater he seemed to be quite beatable outside and he floated or got caught pinching/bad passes. You are right, he was way way overpaid and it was handcuffing your team.

Closed Thread