HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Vancouver Canucks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Game 7 - Bruins def. Canucks - 4-0, Win Stanley Cup

Old
06-15-2011, 10:11 PM
BorussiaDortmund

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrackerJibbs View Post
****ing idiots. They embarrass the entire province.
This.

The team lost. I think the majority of the fans are accepting that, but there were definitely more than a few people who showed up tonight with the purpose of starting some crap like that... win or lose.

BorussiaDortmund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Flik
Canucks fan for life

Oh my god I am so sad right now.

Flik is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
Aquiace
The Goggles!

There are no words.

Actually, there are a lot. We won't make the SCF again for a long time. Let's not kid ourselves. That was our chance. We **** the bed in 4 out of the 7 games.

The Sedins are great players. Lots of smarts and skill. But no one will win a Cup with them. They play a great regular season game, but can't overcome high pressure games.

Tim Thomas not winning the Vezina would be a crime.

Luongo is a good goalie, that's it. He's not elite. Not any more. His contract was a mistake.

You need a Norris-calibre defense man to win. You can laud defensive depth till the cows come home, but we need our Keith/Lidstrom/Chara/Weber to come up big when it counts.

This is our team. We will contend for 4-5 more years for the Cup, but we will never get to the SCF in that time. It was a good run.

Aquiace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
YearsintheWilderness

Must have been some records set in this series: re: the total lopsided victories for the winners.

Sedins pulled their annual disappearing act in the playoffs. Only this time they waited for the finals.

Solid, historic kicking the Canucks will wear for seasons to come.

Well done to the Bruins, coming back after last year's collapse.

YearsintheWilderness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Burr14

Boston's entire team is built up of guys like Kesler, Higgins, Burrows, Lapierre, Hansen - in other words the guys that were our best players. These are the guys you win with. The Sedins are just too soft to lead a team to the cup regardless of what they do in the regular season.

Burr14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Respect Your Edler
Thank You 52

We don't need another perimiter top 6 guy, that's the problem right now. All our scorers are skill guys and all our grinders lack hands. I don't want us to pull an Ottawa Senators and flush all our skill away, but we need a better balance in the top 6.

Respect Your Edler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2011, 10:12 PM
Ugene Malkin
Bück Dich Baby!

Grats on a great season and a heck of a playoff run.

Ugene Malkin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
NuxFan09

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrackerJibbs View Post
Emotions doesn't excuse anything though. I'm absolutely heartbroken, but resorting to idiotic, meatheaded violence is just retarded.
Absolutely, which is why I said I don't justify it at all. I was just answering his question re: how it happens.

NuxFan09 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
The Protein Shake*
I'm Hungry.

If we only had more players like Hansen, Burrows, kesler.

The rest of the team showed no heart.

The Protein Shake* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
DekeLikeYouMeanIt
Ohhhh you mad

All Vancouver needs is a guy like Marchand on Kesler's wing. Great run, guys. Best of luck next year.

DekeLikeYouMeanIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
petrishriekandgo

I think for the first time all playoffs I have to hang this one on AV and his staff. They didn't make any discernible changes to their attack or their PP even though they couldn't score at all. Sure Thomas deserves some credit... but what, were there at least 100 loose pucks around his feet throughout these seven games and we were first to 1 - NONE of them?

How we weren't crashing the net on every shot is beyond me.

I have to leave it to arrogance that skill would carry the day... certainly it's unbelievably important, but grit, effort and 100% effort is needed to muck through those areas. Pretty goals don't win playoff games and we didn't score enough gritty, mucking, grinding goals in this series.

Hard to say much more until we know what the injuries were....

But AV... you failed.

petrishriekandgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2011, 10:13 PM
CrackerJibbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquiace View Post
There are no words.

Actually, there are a lot. We won't make the SCF again for a long time. Let's not kid ourselves. That was our chance. We **** the bed in 4 out of the 7 games.

The Sedins are great players. Lots of smarts and skill. But no one will win a Cup with them. They play a great regular season game, but can't overcome high pressure games.

Tim Thomas not winning the Vezina would be a crime.

Luongo is a good goalie, that's it. He's not elite. Not any more. His contract was a mistake.

You need a Norris-calibre defense man to win. You can laud defensive depth till the cows come home, but we need our Keith/Lidstrom/Chara/Weber to come up big when it counts.

This is our team. We will contend for 4-5 more years for the Cup, but we will never get to the SCF in that time. It was a good run.
I agree wholeheartedly with this. Next year will be incredibly tough just because of all the wear and tear the players experienced in this post-season. Beyond that, who knows?

CrackerJibbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2011, 10:13 PM
CrackerJibbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by NuxFan09 View Post
Absolutely, which is why I said I don't justify it at all. I was just answering his question re: how it happens.
I know. I wasn't trying to take a shot at you, I just find it disgusting. No real fans would act this way and it makes the whole city look bad.

Old
06-15-2011, 10:14 PM
CCF23

Send a message via MSN to CCF23
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edler Von Gud View Post
Tanguay? Too soft. Need a power forward on his wing
False. Kesler needs someone with the skill to play off him. I don't think a power forward would work with Kesler considering a lot of Kesler's game is built on his physicality. He needs a guy who can get him the puck back when his fore check turns it over.

I was counting on Raymond to have a bounce back year, but this injury will set him back, and Higgins, while admirable in his effort is not a 2nd liner.

CCF23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2011, 10:15 PM
Shimoe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balls Mahoney View Post
We should also think about getting a real captain instead of a swedish imitation... just a thought.
Only one guy deserves that "C" and its Kesler. Watching Sedin take punch after punch from a 5' 8" Rookie was a disgrace.

Shimoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
petrishriekandgo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquiace View Post
I keep thinking about the quote Henrik said after the regular season:

"We have nothing left to learn" when asked about heading to the playoffs...

Well Hank, you just had maybe the toughest lesson of your life.

Learn from it man... and be better. Stevey Y had a number of these moments before he broke though... nobody said it was going to be easy man.

Old
canuck293

Quote:
Originally Posted by MGIII View Post
I thought they both had 17 Canadians.
Quiet You! There is no room for your facts and logic when the xenophobia is on display.

canuck293 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
LiquidSnake
Agent of Chaos...

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCF23 View Post
False. Kesler needs someone with the skill to play off him. I don't think a power forward would work with Kesler considering a lot of Kesler's game is built on his physicality. He needs a guy who can get him the puck back when his fore check turns it over.

I was counting on Raymond to have a bounce back year, but this injury will set him back, and Higgins, while admirable in his effort is not a 2nd liner.
A guy like David Backes.

LiquidSnake is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
CrackerJibbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shimoe View Post
Only one guy deserves that "C" and its Kesler. Watching Sedin take punch after punch from a 5' 8" Rookie was a disgrace.
It'll never happen as Hank is captain for at least the next 5 years, but I wouldn't mind seeing Bieksa wear the C if he's retained.

Old
06-15-2011, 10:16 PM
Proto

This will sound awful, but I'm not even sad, disappointed, or crushed tonight. Even though I bizarrely held out hope that the Canucks would win tonight (I even bought champagne and scotch to mark the occasion!) my mind clearly knew that this team was too injured, too run down, and too physically intimidated to get the job done against this Bruins team. Kudos to Luongo for stealing 3 games and making this a series, but the Canucks absolutely didn't deserve to even be in a Game 7 tonight.

My dream would be to see a new coach that wouldn't play Tanner Glass so much and give away critical momentum in the 1st period (only time I was truly angry all night), but short of that the Canucks sorely need to address the 2nd line winger spots. Raymond should be on the 3rd line and the Canucks need to target a young power forward to play with Kesler. Someone like Horton who is on the outs with a struggling young team and can be acquired for a few picks.

On another note, it sure hurts to again see a team with a great young player like Marchand contributing like that. When are the Canucks going to draft a kid and have him turn into a star at 21? Boy.

Congrats to the Bruins. Great post-season by them. Purely outclassed us.

Until next year!

Proto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
eldiablo17

Too drunk to make a coheriable statement but it was a damn fine season and I hope Gillis keeps it together and goes to the finals againa.

You earned it Bruins and I hope we'll beat you next year.

eldiablo17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
petrishriekandgo

One other thing... this offseason is short, we have major injuries to heal... don't be surprised to see us come out of the gates this upcoming season like we're in quicksand.

Old
thenextone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuss View Post
If we only had more players like Hansen, Burrows, kesler.

The rest of the team showed no heart.
Hansen pissed away so many scoring chances in the finals it's not even funny

thenextone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2011, 10:17 PM
just22
meat and taters

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mant View Post
Hey guys! Just heard the good news! Congrats on the loss!
**** off

just22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2011, 10:18 PM
Lard_Lad

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCF23 View Post
Yeah. Kesler is a shooter now, that was never more clear than tonight. He wants the puck, and wants to get it on the net. He should be with a playmaker...but Tanguay, I dunno. Adding another guy with an intermittent work ethic creates other problems.

Lard_Lad is offline   Reply With Quote