HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Flyers sign Bryzgalov, 9 yrs, $5.66M cap hit (report in post #717)

Closed Thread

Old
06-22-2011, 10:45 AM
sa cyred
Yea....the Flyers...

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Protest View Post
And our chances of winning a cup for like the next 7 years. Unless we're straight up unloading everyone and rebuilding with young cheap talent, but even that makes no ****ing sense cause why would you sign the ****ing 31 year old goalie in the first place.

I call BS on the $50m, or the years aren't 7, they're 9-10.
Like I said in the other thread. There was the whole thing last week where a bunch of people were saying he signed the contract and it was for around 5.5 mil (or so). I wouldnt be surprised to see the numbers continue to change.

Old
06-22-2011, 10:46 AM
Ghost of Downie*

Jesus ****ing Christ, if that rumor is true, we are so ****ing screwed.

Old
06-22-2011, 10:47 AM
FreshPerspective
We don't need one!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sa cyred View Post
All I know is, we sign him with the 7.1 mil cap hit each season, you can most likely say goodbye to Carter.
If they want to leave themselves some cap space room as well as a contingency to the Pronger situation or other unforsee event I would say so. Of course, that would be looking at the situation objectively..no? If Carter is moved...I guess Holmgren and Snider "hated" him...

Having said this....I see too much meddling by superiors on the Flyers. That is never good when your superior has to come in and dictate to the subordinates who are basically insubordinate. It happens when Holmgren has to come in like daddy in the locker room and read the riot act to the players and maybe the coach when they are not playing up to standards. It now happens with the owner putting the GM in a bind (if the terms are true) to be reactive and have teams circle you like vultures b/c now maybe you are in a "fire sale" position despite the denials in public. I would say upper management is not engaging in very sound business practices but last year's Leighton signing should have been proof positive that both Snider and Holmgren are lacking in rational thinking...

Old
06-22-2011, 10:47 AM
Hollywood Couturier
#NoHonorForConnor

Quote:
Originally Posted by funghoul View Post
some of you are rediculous. whining about us paying 1 mil more for a great goalie then you think we should? We are getting a goalie. For the first time ever not only are we getting a goalie but the one i wanted on top of that. This guy is great and will prove it.
as far as long term problems. the cap is going up all the time. THE FLOOR is going to be 48million. THE FLOOR! we'll be fine 4-5 years from now. This is the best news in a long time.(if its true)
Basing signings off the belief that the cap will continue to rise is reckless and irresponsible.

"I Came Here To Bury Caesar, Not Praise Him" - Roy Halladay
Old
06-22-2011, 10:48 AM
46zone
Guttersnipe

Quote:
some of you are rediculous. whining about us paying 1 mil more for a great goalie then you think we should? We are getting a goalie. For the first time ever not only are we getting a goalie but the one i wanted on top of that. This guy is great and will prove it.
as far as long term problems. the cap is going up all the time. THE FLOOR is going to be 48million. THE FLOOR! we'll be fine 4-5 years from now. This is the best news in a long time.(if its true)

Signing him shouldn't come at the cost of losing maybe 3-4 key players.

Old
06-22-2011, 10:50 AM
DPyro

They traded Pronger for Lupul

Old
06-22-2011, 10:50 AM
bennysflyers16

Quote:
Like I said in the other thread. There was the whole thing last week where a bunch of people were saying he signed the contract and it was for around 5.5 mil (or so). I wouldnt be surprised to see the numbers continue to change.
Knowing Holmer, the 5.5 will be his net pay

Old
06-22-2011, 10:52 AM
46zone
Guttersnipe

Quote:
I agree. I really doubt Homer and Snider would be stupid enough to give Bryz a 7/50 contract. Hell, just this morning the new rumor was 5.6. **** twitter.

Old
06-22-2011, 10:55 AM
Protest
C`est La Vie

Quote:
Dude he'd have the highest cap hit for a goalie in the entire league. He isn't worth that. Yes, if the cap continues to increase his contract won't affect us as much down the line, but our best chance to win is the next 2 years, and this severely hinders those chances. Especially for this year because we'll have to cut significant players and we don't have anyone to replace them. Its incredibly difficult to win when you spend that much on the goalie position.

Old
06-22-2011, 10:57 AM
StevensCakeBakerBacker

Quote:
If Bryz is signed at 7mill/per (I dont believe that number at all) its more like 1.5 mill per year more than I think the team should be spending. Plus, that is more than any other goalie gets paid in the NHL <----------------------- That's ridiculous.

Old
06-22-2011, 11:02 AM
IrishSniper87

How about we wait for the number to be released before we all have a meltdown regarding dumb rumors.

Old
06-22-2011, 11:04 AM
DPyro

Quote:
Originally Posted by StevensCakeBakerBacker View Post
If Bryz is signed at 7mill/per (I dont believe that number at all) its more like 1.5 mill per year more than I think the team should be spending. Plus, that is more than any other goalie gets paid in the NHL <----------------------- That's ridiculous.
Luongo got paid $10 Million last year, $6.716 in upcoming years.

Old
06-22-2011, 11:04 AM
46zone
Guttersnipe

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrishSniper87 View Post
How about we wait for the number to be released before we all have a meltdown regarding dumb rumors.
This.

Old
06-22-2011, 11:06 AM
DrinkFightFlyers
Grave Before Shave

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to DrinkFightFlyers
Lol @ the overreaction. Not saying $7 mil is a good price, but if that's the price, trades will be made. BIG trades. So this team would look nothing like it does now. Maybe better, maybe worse. But if all we know is Bryz got $7 mil, there's no need to panic because that's just one in a series of dominos. Panic later if the trades are for nothing, but if bryz gets $7 and they do the Carter to Columbus and maybe another deal that could help replace some of the scoring lost from Carter, I won't be too pissed. If, however he trades carter and carle for 5th round picks, ok. Then let's panic. But for now, just ease up because it isn't even official.

Old
06-22-2011, 11:08 AM
dingbathero
No Jam? How about PB

CAPGEEK.COM CAP CALCULATOR

FORWARDS
James Van Riemsdyk ($1.654m) / Jeff Carter ($5.272m) / Claude Giroux ($3.750m)
Scott Hartnell ($4.200m) / Daniel Briere ($6.500m) / Andreas Nodl ($0.850m)
Tom Sestito ($0.700m) / Mike Richards ($5.750m) / Kris Versteeg ($3.083m)
Blair Betts ($0.700m) / Adam Hall ($0.650m) / Darroll Powe ($0.725m)
Eric Wellwood ($0.580m)

DEFENSEMEN
Erik Gustafsson ($0.900m) / Chris Pronger ($4.921m)
Braydon Coburn ($3.200m) / Kimmo Timonen ($6.333m)
Andrej Meszaros ($4.000m) / Adam Pardy ($0.700m)
Oskars Bartulis ($0.600m)

GOALTENDERS
Sergei Bobrovsky ($1.750m) / Ilya Bryzgalov ($6.850m)

CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS (follow @capgeek on Twitter)
(these totals are compiled without the bonus cushion)
SALARY CAP: $64,000,000; CAP PAYROLL: $63,669,988; BONUSES: $1,700,000
CAP SPACE (22-man roster): $330,012

Last edited by dingbathero: 06-22-2011 at 11:14 AM. Reason: bolding... ftw :p
Old
06-22-2011, 11:10 AM
StevensCakeBakerBacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by DPyro View Post
Luongo got paid $10 Million last year, $6.716 in upcoming years.
What the player actually gets paid is irrelevant to me and most fans. The cap hit is really all that matters (as long as the cap hit is not 5 mill for 15 years, lol).

Technically I should have referred to cap hit instead of what the player gets paid, but you get what I mean.

Old
06-22-2011, 11:11 AM
Jester

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrinkFightFlyers View Post
Lol @ the overreaction. Not saying $7 mil is a good price, but if that's the price, trades will be made. BIG trades. So this team would look nothing like it does now. Maybe better, maybe worse. But if all we know is Bryz got $7 mil, there's no need to panic because that's just one in a series of dominos. Panic later if the trades are for nothing, but if bryz gets $7 and they do the Carter to Columbus and maybe another deal that could help replace some of the scoring lost from Carter, I won't be too pissed. If, however he trades carter and carle for 5th round picks, ok. Then let's panic. But for now, just ease up because it isn't even official.
We will not get 100% on the dollar back in the deals we would have to make. Carter's cap hit (for what he brings to the table) is excellent. So, if your replacing cap hit for cap hit, you're losing value there.

Bryz would (theoretically) offset some of that loss, but 7M is simply too much for him. He isn't worth it, and (more importantly) I don't buy that such an offer exists in the open market.

Old
06-22-2011, 11:12 AM
Protest
C`est La Vie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrinkFightFlyers View Post

Didn't Meltzer just do a thing on how spending a ton of money on the goalie position is not the way you go about forming a cup team?

I agree that by paying him that all we have to do is the waive Leighton, Shelley, Walker, LTIR Lappy thing, and then trade Carter and Versteeg for picks/prospects, but does that make us better now?

Old
06-22-2011, 11:13 AM
dingbathero
No Jam? How about PB

Quote:
Didn't Meltzer just do a thing on how spending a ton of money on the goalie position is not the way you go about forming a cup team?

I agree that by paying him that all we have to do is the waive Leighton, Shelley, Walker, LTIR Lappy thing, and then trade Carter and Versteeg for picks/prospects, but does that make us better now?
Look at my roster above... Carter still on it.
Bryz will bail out Defense on more than one occasion. I have only shipped out Carle.... the defensive stalwart he is.

Old
06-22-2011, 11:15 AM
StevensCakeBakerBacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
We will not get 100% on the dollar back in the deals we would have to make. Carter's cap hit (for what he brings to the table) is excellent. So, if your replacing cap hit for cap hit, you're losing value there.

Bryz would (theoretically) offset some of that loss, but 7M is simply too much for him. He isn't worth it, and (more importantly) I don't buy that such an offer exists in the open market.
That's my biggest argument against people wanting to trade Carter, but they don't seem to understand.

If Carter made 7+ than I would be more behind the CartsiePhan movement.

Old
06-22-2011, 11:15 AM
Protest
C`est La Vie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dingbathero View Post
Look at my roster above... Carter still on it.
Bryz will bail out Defense on more than one occasion. I have only shipped out Carle.... the defensive stalwart he is.
And if there's an injury on the defense like there always is, then what?

Old
06-22-2011, 11:18 AM
dingbathero
No Jam? How about PB

The cap hit's are prorated, we would call someone up aren't we allowed to operate with in 10% or something... I don't know to be honest.

Just trying to stop the panic that ensues on this board... or alleviate it.

Old
06-22-2011, 11:19 AM
RJ8812*
Hellooooo ladiiiies

he isnt worth $7.1m

but i refuse to believe what Kypreos says....guy is full of ****

Old
06-22-2011, 11:20 AM
dingbathero
No Jam? How about PB

Quote:
Originally Posted by dingbathero View Post
The cap hit's are prorated, we would call someone up aren't we allowed to operate with in 10% or something... I don't know to be honest.

Just trying to stop the panic that ensues on this board... or alleviate it.
If his salary is 7mil wouldn't his cap hit be 6.3 or something, just basing it on other contracts on the team and the hit/salaries... if that is the case we should be fine. If we use a similar roster like the one I created...

Old
06-22-2011, 11:23 AM
Jester

Quote:

No, he showed that spending 10-11% of your cap on the goalie position is what most Cup winners have done.

Closed Thread