HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Vancouver Canucks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Offseason Thread

Old
06-15-2011, 10:26 PM
eldiablo17

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by serge2k View Post
Roberto Luongo cost this team a stanley cup. A few days isn't going to make any difference. It's unforgiveable and he should not be allowed to play for them anymore.
So if Pittsburgh lost in 09 should they have traded Crosby?

eldiablo17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2011, 10:27 PM
skywarp75

im not even defending luongo, but im laughing at you immature kiddies who dont place any blame at all on the team D and the coach. oh yea, and the complete and utter lack of scoring.

skywarp75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2011, 10:28 PM
solitary

Quote:
Originally Posted by eldiablo17 View Post
So if Pittsburgh lost in 09 should they have traded Crosby?
That is a stupid comparison and I hope you know it.

solitary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2011, 10:31 PM
VanEric

Quote:
Originally Posted by vcanuck View Post
watching the 2nd and 3rd goal again just makes my blood boil! the 2nd one, Marchand had a year to wrap that goal around him while Luongo sat on his ass. **** U LUONGO!
You missed Daniel Sedin knocking Luongo out of the way?

VanEric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2011, 10:33 PM
Free Torts

Send a message via MSN to Free Torts
Maybe Florida will take him back. Vokoun is UFA after this season.

Free Torts is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
eldiablo17

Quote:
Originally Posted by solitary View Post
That is a stupid comparison and I hope you know it.
Well apparently underperforming in the finals is unacceptable and I could name a half dozen great players who did that and had players who stepped up.

I want someone to come up with a logical proposal. Get rid of Luongo and do what? Not an fantasy, but an actually possibility. I guarentee it isn't a recipe for a finals appearance compared to the same roster that just did it. But if they can I will happily have a discussion on it but hopefully not when I have to hear Glen Healey's enraging voice in my ear.

eldiablo17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
BorussiaDortmund

Should they? 5.33 mil is way too much for Luongo in a cap system. For any goalie, IMO.

Will they? (emphatical) No!

BorussiaDortmund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2011, 10:37 PM
RStar*

I knew this would happen and man do I ever feel bad for Luongo. Fair weather fans blaming the entirety of the loss on his shoulders.

Sure you got shut out, but maybe Luongo should have scored more goals? Half of the guys posting in here probably called Luongo the best goalie in the league when he got his last shut out. Now hes trash. Are you guys for real? Its just utterly pathetic the way you flip flop from game to game. Luongo's the greatest......Luongo's the worst, TRADE HIM!

I hope for that poor ******** sake that you do trade him, because Vancouver in general are just terrible, terrible fans.

RStar* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2011, 10:39 PM
vcanuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by VanEric View Post
You missed Daniel Sedin knocking Luongo out of the way?
It doesnt matter who or what knocked Luongo out of the way, you got be stronger on that play, the forwards and D tried everything to stop bergeron and Luongo just sat there waiting for him to get knocked. Thomas is scrambling like a mad man all over the play and we see Luongo sitting on his ass on the 2nd goal and the 3rd goal just waiting for Bergeron to slide that in!!

vcanuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2011, 10:40 PM
EskemoJoe

Quit With The Damn Trade Lou Talk

Sure he was terrible in all the games in Boston but we were never going to win those games when we were scoring 1, 0 and 2 goals respectively.

Im going to let you all in on a little secret, we are decimated by injuries, our D corps is almost as bad as it was vs Chicago last season. Hammer out in the first game of the finals and we all know the effect he has on Bieksa. Edler is almost as weak on the puck as Hank, Kesler has as much acceleration as AA and Jeff Tambellini is playing in our top 6 ffs.

I know its feels like this team is snake bitten and we are all bitter about coming this close for a second time but this core of guys is locked up long term and just because we have come up short this year doesn't mean that they cant take us over the hill next year.

People will focus on "all" the lucky breaks we have had to get us here; The Bieksa OT Winner etc but I honestly think we have been excessively unlucky in many aspects. No team could have had a more difficult route to the finals. We drew the Hawks not the Stars, the bigger, healthier Sharks over the run down Redwings. If you will allow me to put on my tinfoil hat, we missed out on drawing the small, skilled Lightening because largely of the first penalty free playoff game in living memory greatly helping Gregory Campbells Bruins...

We got on the wrong side of this series by "embellishing" a few calls but honestly nothing that warranted the amount of dirty, cheap bull**** the Bruins got away with. Not to mention the suspensions, Torres gets two playoff games for a hit that during the regular season would have been worth 2 at most. Rome gets 4 games, the biggest suspension in finals history for an interference penalty causing injury whilst Boychuck gets nothing for driving Raymond into the boards breaking his back.

Really this teams accomplishments have been much maligned by the media. If we were not crowned champions before training camp this season would be seen as an amazing success and there is no reason we could not repeat that success next year, we are not Chicago with only a one year window.

I know as well as all of you that this provides little or no solace from the fact that we have once again been pipped at the post for the one thing we want more than anything but please dont go out and do anything stupid tonight. Stay at home and drink yourself into oblivion like me and then rinse and repeat for a month or so until the the pain eases.

Stay safe.

EskemoJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2011, 10:42 PM
Tim Calhoun
Tim Calhoun

vCash: 50
Luongo obviously won't be traded, but I will never defend him again.

Tim Calhoun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2011, 10:43 PM
vcanuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by RStar View Post
I knew this would happen and man do I ever feel bad for Luongo. Fair weather fans blaming the entirety of the loss on his shoulders.

Sure you got shut out, but maybe Luongo should have scored more goals? Half of the guys posting in here probably called Luongo the best goalie in the league when he got his last shut out. Now hes trash. Are you guys for real? Its just utterly pathetic the way you flip flop from game to game. Luongo's the greatest......Luongo's the worst, TRADE HIM!

I hope for that poor ******** sake that you do trade him, because Vancouver in general are just terrible, terrible fans.
You gotta be stupid to not see he didnt even let his team have chance.. 3 deflating goals and crapping the bed in the SCF.. You Alberta fans always taking a shot at Vancouver fans again we support this team like no other fans but were not allowed to criticise the players that dissapoint us? **** you Alberta trash

vcanuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
VanEric

If he's as terrible as people say, no one is going to want him. Just work Schneider in more next year and see what he's made of when he has pressure on him.

VanEric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
skywarp75

Ehrhoff

I cant figure out why nobody seems to be talking about him. He's made more terrible giveways/critical mistakes in this 7 game series than he did for his whole 2 seasons as a Canuck.

skywarp75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2011, 10:45 PM
BloatedGuppy

Quote:
Originally Posted by skywarp75 View Post
I cant figure out why nobody seems to be talking about him. He's made more terrible giveways/critical mistakes in this 7 game series than he did for his whole 2 seasons as a Canuck.
I was talking about him. I said "Ehrhoff, you've been AWFUL tonight buddy!" very loudly to my television set. Guy is playing injured though, and he's not a guy who can afford to get any softer/more tentative.

BloatedGuppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2011, 10:47 PM
serge2k

Cloutier 2.0.

serge2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2011, 10:49 PM
campbell_soup

He costed all 3 SHGs against.

campbell_soup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2011, 10:49 PM
BoHorvatFan

Bye Ehrhoff, somebody is about to make a big mistake.

BoHorvatFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2011, 10:50 PM
The Big Foot

Quote:
Originally Posted by HenrikSedinFan View Post
Seconded. He was great for us at his cap hit, but I will laugh if he gets a big contract in two weeks.

The Big Foot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2011, 10:51 PM
RStar*

It must make things feel so simple and easy to just blame everything on him eh?

It's all Luongo's fault. That's why you got shut out. Blame the goalie.

RStar* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
BloatedGuppy

Quote:
Originally Posted by HenrikSedinFan View Post
Ehrhoff is what he is. He's a soft, mobile, offensively deadly d-man who rushes the puck like no one's business but struggles to contain large or determined forwards. He was injured, and the Canucks defense was decimated so he was forced to play tougher minutes than he ideally should be playing. Like Bieksa, he's a player you need to shelter with a responsible partner for him to really shine.

BloatedGuppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
solitary

Shoulder injury.

solitary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2011, 10:52 PM
KDizzle

Resign Bieksa, goodbye Hoffa.

KDizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2011, 10:52 PM
Rosko Thorn

you can't win games if you don't score goals. Period.

we'll get 'em next season.

Rosko Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2011, 10:53 PM
JamesBond*

I want more Luongo trade talk, frankly. If the team had an even half competent goalie in the finals they'd have won.

JamesBond* is offline   Reply With Quote