HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Notices

Predators signed Finnish forward Juuso Puustinen

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
06-16-2011, 04:13 AM
  #1
Finnpin
Registered User
 
Finnpin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Helsinki
Country: Finland
Posts: 8,022
vCash: 500
Predators signed Finnish forward Juuso Puustinen

http://www.capgeek.com/

6,1 , 187lbs

Last season in FEL: 59 gp, 26 g, 12 a , 48 pim

Finnpin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2011, 04:17 AM
  #2
Steven
Registered User
 
Steven's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 676
vCash: 500
Originally drafted by the Flames in '06.


Steven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2011, 05:58 AM
  #3
Rantsi
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Country: Finland
Posts: 84
vCash: 500
He's not NHL caliber.

Rantsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2011, 06:22 AM
  #4
Dave is a killer
Roll Wide Roll
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Country: Italy
Posts: 22,771
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rantsi View Post
He's not NHL caliber.
that's what I figured

Dave is a killer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2011, 07:10 AM
  #5
Seth Lake
Registered User
 
Seth Lake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Nashville, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 8,853
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Seth Lake
Likely replaces Linus Klasen on the depth charts. Scouting report is that he's defensively responsible and has good offensive skills. Was close to a PPG in two seasons in the WHL and had a breakout year offensively last season in the SM-liiga.

Looking forward to seeing him at prospect camp in a few weeks.

Seth Lake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2011, 08:23 AM
  #6
SmokeyClause
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Miami, FL
Country: Cuba
Posts: 9,999
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to SmokeyClause
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rantsi View Post
He's not NHL caliber.
Excellent analysis. Hard to argue with such a thorough critique.

SmokeyClause is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2011, 09:11 AM
  #7
PredsV82
Snot Doc
 
PredsV82's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Kentucky
Country: Scotland
Posts: 11,328
vCash: 50
you would assume he's agreed to come over even if he has to play in Milwaukee. I agree he probably gets the Klassen "take a flyer on a scandanavian forward" spot that is a Poile trademark.

PredsV82 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2011, 09:55 AM
  #8
Webersmashpuck
Registered User
 
Webersmashpuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Spring Hill
Country: United States
Posts: 1,120
vCash: 1088
Two year deal, time to grow. This could be a chance that pays off. But its likely just a depth move.

Webersmashpuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2011, 11:05 AM
  #9
worstfaceoffmanever
What's the Pred say?
 
worstfaceoffmanever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Winston-Salem, NC
Country: United States
Posts: 12,360
vCash: 500
Scouting reports say he lacks physicality, but it would appear he offsets that with great finish.

We'll see how he does. Depending on what off-season moves we make plus Lombardi's status, he might have a shot at making the roster as a utility forward, which won't be a bad place for him if he still plays the same type of all-around game he showed in Kamloops. I do get the feeling he won't be getting a second contract from us, though.

worstfaceoffmanever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2011, 11:16 AM
  #10
gib
Registered User
 
gib's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Country: Finland
Posts: 630
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rantsi View Post
He's not NHL caliber.
He was one of the better players in SM-liiga last year. In my mind Puustinen was also among the few I would consider succeeding in NA. Of course he`s not 1st liner, but he has some scoring touch, decent size and his straight forward game is made for small rinks. I would say 90% chance he plays in AHL the whole year and 10% that he plays some games in NHL next year.

gib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2011, 11:47 AM
  #11
I Will Son
An Army of One
 
I Will Son's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Nashville
Country: United States
Posts: 7,728
vCash: 500
A better Linus Klasen it seems like, im guessing he will have minimal impact

I Will Son is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2011, 12:08 PM
  #12
Top 6 Spaling
Registered User
 
Top 6 Spaling's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Smashville
Country: United States
Posts: 9,347
vCash: 500
This year's Jonas Andersson. Hopefully he turns out to be a little better. maybe Poile found a gem in the rough, who knows. At the very worst he's an emergency injury fill in, which we found out last year you can never have enough of.

Top 6 Spaling is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2011, 04:32 PM
  #13
Firestorm
Registered User
 
Firestorm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Canada Eh?
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,063
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokeyClause View Post
Excellent analysis. Hard to argue with such a thorough critique.
It's called being concise...

Firestorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2011, 05:19 PM
  #14
worstfaceoffmanever
What's the Pred say?
 
worstfaceoffmanever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Winston-Salem, NC
Country: United States
Posts: 12,360
vCash: 500
Puustinen could be the first skater from the 08 WJC Finnish team to see NHL ice. Only goalie Riku Helenius has played on the big stage, for all of 6:52 in 2009.

Man, that team was really, really bad.

worstfaceoffmanever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2011, 11:51 PM
  #15
kypredsfan
Weber is OUR captain
 
kypredsfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Bowling Green, KY
Country: United States
Posts: 4,450
vCash: 500
I'll just hold off judgement until I actually see him play in preseason some.

kypredsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:42 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.