Time for my first TAT - Are you in?

Old
06-22-2011, 11:39 AM
northeastern

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamFan81 View Post
i think thats the 2nd spoked B on his body
He has one on his chest if Im not mistaken. weird i know that but i saw it the other day and thought to myself "boy that'll look dumb in the locker room if he's ever traded" just saying...

northeastern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2011, 11:42 AM
Ace0813
Bleed Black & Gold

Send a message via AIM to Ace0813
Quote:
Originally Posted by northeastern View Post
He has one on his chest if Im not mistaken. weird i know that but i saw it the other day and thought to myself "boy that'll look dumb in the locker room if he's ever traded" just saying...
See, thats not the way to look at it.

He put it there, it has to mean something to him.

It may represent a time in his life that he played for the B's, and the kinship he felt with the teammates around him. Even if he was traded, it will help remind him of how things were then.

People take tattoos as pictures, when they're more art.

Ace0813 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2011, 12:45 PM
LoneWolf54
Relocated.

I'm in-- I'll post pics when it's done if I can figure out how.

LoneWolf54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2011, 02:21 PM
BostonBob
4 Ever The Greatest

Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonBob View Post
I'm no tattoo expert but I think that's what they actually do at the tattoo parlour. Some people just come in with just an idea and then the tattoo person comes up with a sketch of what it might look like and it can be played around with before the actual tattooing takes place. If you have something down on paper they can probably help you out.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TP222 View Post
I did not know that. Thanks to you and Boston Irish.
I guess something good did come out of my buddy making me watch LA Ink at his place last year.

BostonBob is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2011, 02:37 PM
Ace0813
Bleed Black & Gold

Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonBob View Post
I guess something good did come out of my buddy making me watch LA Ink at his place last year.
Yeah, they are artists first and foremost. They HATE it when people come in with an exact picture of what they want. They like to put their spin on things.

Old
06-22-2011, 02:39 PM
TP
Mod Supervisor
HFBoards

Quote:
Originally Posted by NordicBruin91 View Post
Yeah, they are artists first and foremost. They HATE it when people come in with an exact picture of what they want. They like to put their spin on things.
That's good to know.

TP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2011, 12:50 PM
Coors9

Well it's that time.......

I always said when they win I'd get a Bruins tattoo (first one). Leaving now for my consolation at Trouble Bound Tattoo's. Post a pic when it's finished. God love the Boston Bruins.

Coors9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2011, 12:58 PM
hopkinsj31

I also said the same, and have been thinking about going to Trouble Bound. Let me know how it goes!

hopkinsj31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2011, 01:03 PM
Lady Rhian
St. McQuaid he aint

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coors9 View Post
I always said when they win I'd get a Bruins tattoo (first one). Leaving now for my consolation at Trouble Bound Tattoo's. Post a pic when it's finished. God love the Boston Bruins.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hopkinsj31 View Post
I also said the same, and have been thinking about going to Trouble Bound. Let me know how it goes!
Which one of you fellow Newfians are getting Ryder tattooed on your arm or body?

Lady Rhian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2011, 02:03 PM
Tigersnooze

I told my friend he had to get the jersey of the player who scores the GWG in the SCF if the Bruins win it tattooed onto his back.

Who better than Bergeron? I say he's chicken, but maybe it's a bit much.

Tigersnooze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2011, 02:09 PM
stick9

Quote:
Originally Posted by NordicBruin91 View Post
Which is fine if that's what you want. However, if you know exactly what you want it's not up to them to alter it. You're the one that has to look at it everyday for the rest of your life.

It's like paying a painter to paint a family portrait. You don't want them putting their spin on it.

stick9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2011, 02:18 PM
Dogberry
NHL2Seattle plzkthx

Quote:
Originally Posted by stick9 View Post
Which is fine if that's what you want. However, if you know exactly what you want it's not up to them to alter it. You're the one that has to look at it everyday for the rest of your life.

It's like paying a painter to paint a family portrait. You don't want them putting their spin on it.
IDK, I would kind of like to have seen Picasso paint my family portrait.

Anyway, a tattoo artist's job is to work with you. If you want something specific and exact, they will give it to you. They might be a little happier getting to flex their creative muscles more, but in the end it's about YOU being happy with the tattoo. If you have an artist that keeps trying to change things after you've told him "I want exactly this", find a different artist.

Dogberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2011, 02:24 PM
Boston BROin
Marchand makes u mad

Send a message via AIM to Boston BROin Send a message via Yahoo to Boston BROin
OK, I'm in. I just don't know how to do it. I've been looking to get some sort of old timey nautical compass as a tattoo. Only instead of initials indicating direction, the initials will be of my family members. We've always been close to the ocean, and now we're all beginning to move to different parts of the country. No matter how far away they go, I'll always have them for guidance.... Anyway, I've been looking to get something like that on my ribcage for a while. Now that the Bruins won the cup, I'd like to subtly incorporate something Bruins into the tat, but I just don't know how to do it. My family is pretty close around the Bruins. I remember going to the old Garden with my Dad and watching game with the whole family.

Any ideas on how to incorporate the Bruins into a nautical family tattoo?

EDIT: The obvious direction is to put the spoked B in the middle, but that's too forward. I don't want the Bruins part to be the focal point of the tattoo.

Boston BROin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2011, 02:24 PM
Arch Stanton

the place I go in Portsmouth, RI is doing a special on Bruins tats for a while. $35 for one of 3 designs

Arch Stanton is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2011, 02:31 PM
Dogberry
NHL2Seattle plzkthx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arch Stanton View Post
the place I go in Portsmouth, RI is doing a special on Bruins tats for a while. $35 for one of 3 designs

They can't spell "Stanley Cup" properly on their poster.

Old
06-28-2011, 02:38 PM
TP
Mod Supervisor
HFBoards

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arch Stanton View Post

Terrible selection, but I guess for $35, they aren't bad.

Old
06-28-2011, 02:43 PM
Scotto74
First in line...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boston BROin View Post
OK, I'm in. I just don't know how to do it. I've been looking to get some sort of old timey nautical compass as a tattoo. Only instead of initials indicating direction, the initials will be of my family members. We've always been close to the ocean, and now we're all beginning to move to different parts of the country. No matter how far away they go, I'll always have them for guidance.... Anyway, I've been looking to get something like that on my ribcage for a while. Now that the Bruins won the cup, I'd like to subtly incorporate something Bruins into the tat, but I just don't know how to do it. My family is pretty close around the Bruins. I remember going to the old Garden with my Dad and watching game with the whole family.

EDIT: The obvious direction is to put the spoked B in the middle, but that's too forward. I don't want the Bruins part to be the focal point of the tattoo.

what about making the four arrows in the shape of the cup?

Last edited by Scotto74: 06-28-2011 at 02:49 PM.
Scotto74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2011, 02:45 PM
Coors9

Just got back from Trouble Bound. Booked solid!!!! Won't get it till Sept 10/11. Can't believe I have to wait that long. Going with the shoulder crest and the "B" below. Forgot to ask how much, not that it matters.

Coors9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2011, 02:49 PM
Dogberry
NHL2Seattle plzkthx

Quote:

Personally, I wouldn't mix the two themes. That said, your best bet isn't asking here. Go to a number of artists and see what they have for ideas, then take the best idea and have them draw it up for you and show you, then have them make whatever modifications you want. Rinse and repeat until they have something you really love, and then and only then have them put it on you.

Old
06-28-2011, 02:50 PM
TP
Mod Supervisor
HFBoards

Quote:

What about having the two bottom circles have spoked B's in them?

Old
06-28-2011, 03:39 PM
Twisted Tales
H.A.M.

I thought about getting a bruins tattoo, but instead I'm going with a line from "November Rain" (GNR song) that means a whole lot of things. "Never mind the darkness, we still can find a way." I'll be getting that tattooed on my arm in two weeks (my first tattoo).

It depends what you prefer the most. Do you want the tattoo visible at all/most times? Do you want to be able to see it without the use of a mirror? etc etc. At the end of the day, it's your body. You've got the final decision.

Twisted Tales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2011, 03:46 PM
Ace0813
Bleed Black & Gold

Quote:
Originally Posted by stick9 View Post

Obviously. They do what the can to earn business. They just hate it when people do that.

If you want a tracer go to a tracing tattoo shop, not an artist.

Old
06-28-2011, 04:00 PM
Boston BROin
Marchand makes u mad

Send a message via AIM to Boston BROin Send a message via Yahoo to Boston BROin
Thanks for the solid ideas. I'm going to take those ideas and head to an artist the week after the fourth. Hopefully they will be able to guide me in getting something put together.

I really really appreciate the responses. Thank you so much. A tattoo is a pretty big deal considering it's, well, for life.

Boston BROin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2011, 05:20 PM
bruinsfan1970
Global Moderator
B's R always Champs!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneWolf54 View Post
I'm in-- I'll post pics when it's done if I can figure out how.
Are you having a Darth Quaider Tat done?

bruinsfan1970 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2011, 06:42 PM
sean13

This is my tattoo.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg tn.jpg‎ (3.8 KB, 415 views)

sean13 is offline   Reply With Quote