HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Vancouver Canucks
Notices

Ryan Kesler

Old
06-16-2011, 11:29 AM
ziggy7716

vCash: 500
Ryan Kesler

Just want to say I am from New York, so naturally I pretty much hate all Boston sport teams, that and I am a die-hard Isles fan, so I was pulling for you guys pretty hard.

Anyway, the shot of Ryan Kesler last night in tears says alot for me. In a day and age where athletes just care about the money and getting paid, it showed Ryan Kesler truly cares about winning and wanted in the worst way. That's the type of guy you want in your locker room, I personally think he should be the captain of your team. Just wanted to say you guys should be proud to have a guy like this on your team. Keep your heads up though, you guys have a great team, I am sure you will be back there sooner then later.

ziggy7716 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2011, 11:39 AM
Alanhj

It was a toss up between him and H. Sedin for the C I think. They gave it to Hank because he won the Art Ross and the Hart trophies. But then Kesler stepped up his game in a HUGE way this year.

But yeah, he's always had a ton of heart. We're pretty sure he's badly injured right now but when asked about it after the game, the reporter said, "What's the extent of your injury right now?" and he said "I'm not even going to talk about that". Doesn't want to make any excuses. Great player! We are proud to have Ryan Kesler as a Canuck

Alanhj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2011, 11:41 AM
Alan Jackson

Just once, I want to see our players crying tears of joy. Is that too much to ask?

Alan Jackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2011, 11:41 AM
deckercky

Kesler had serious maturity problems before this year. He appears to have addressed them, but I think Henrik is part of that.

deckercky is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2011, 12:44 PM
someguy44

That's what's upsetting to me. Kesler was probably the only Nuck player to show heart last night. That's why I didn't get depressed after the loss like I did in 94. That whole team showed heart especially Linden. If everyone gave a damn like Kesler did last night, I would've been depressed, but the players, especially Luongo just didn't seem to care enough about losing what might be their only shot at the cup.

someguy44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2011, 12:47 PM
Saren
Multi Pass!

Kesler had a torn groin and hip labrum tear throughout this series. Warrior to the very core.

Saren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2011, 12:49 PM
rye&ginger

I love Kesler, he is on my avatar he took my # 17 which I have worn since I was a kid. Im naturally drawn to him and he plays like a bull.

But lets get something straight. The Sedins stood up after the game and answered questions all night. They have heart. They just show it in a different way. Anyone think Lidstrom, Sundin, Foresberg, Zetterberg dont have heart? No. This anti Euro stuff is really pathetic and results in a lot of people not understanding why we really lost.

rye&ginger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2011, 12:53 PM
parabola
༼ つ ಥ_ಥ ༽つỏ̷͖͈̞̩͎̻̫̫

I think I need a Kesler jersey.

Torn groin and hip labrum tear and STILL was our best player last night. How the ****?

06-16-2011, 12:58 PM
rye&ginger

yeah Im getting his or a Hamhius jersey...I have yet to pick a player for the 5 Canucks jerseys I have. Linden got traded the summer I was getting his and Ive been gun shy ever since.

rye&ginger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2011, 12:58 PM
Saren
Multi Pass!

Quote:
Originally Posted by parabola View Post

Torn groin and hip labrum tear and STILL was our best player last night. How the ****?
I was going to get a Kesler jersey until I saw the millions of Vancity girls running into jersey stores and getting them before me.

Saren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2011, 01:00 PM
Uncle Jorgi

Quote:
Originally Posted by ziggy7716 View Post
Just want to say I am from New York, so naturally I pretty much hate all Boston sport teams, that and I am a die-hard Isles fan, so I was pulling for you guys pretty hard.

Anyway, the shot of Ryan Kesler last night in tears says alot for me. In a day and age where athletes just care about the money and getting paid, it showed Ryan Kesler truly cares about winning and wanted in the worst way. That's the type of guy you want in your locker room, I personally think he should be the captain of your team. Just wanted to say you guys should be proud to have a guy like this on your team. Keep your heads up though, you guys have a great team, I am sure you will be back there sooner then later.
And even before the tears, his play throughout these playoffs was more than enough to remove any doubt about how much he cares about winning. With a guy like that in the locker room and ownership who are financially committed to the Cup, it's not a question of "if" Vancouver gets a championship, but "when".

Uncle Jorgi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2011, 01:06 PM
Mr. Canucklehead
Mod Supervisor
Kitimat Canuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by parabola View Post

I was thinking long and hard about what name/number to get on my jersey. It was between Hank, Burrows and Kesler. At this point, I'm leaning towards Kes.

Mr. Canucklehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2011, 01:31 PM
madman
Deadmarsh Deli Dills

He showed it in the Olympics, and he should it all through the playoffs. Even as an Avs fan, it's hard not to appreciate what the guy brings in big-game situations. The guy's a warrior.

madman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2011, 01:39 PM
Just A Bit Outside
Playoffs??!

vCash: 50
Guy is this team's leader. No one should make an argument otherwise.

Guy should be the captain of the team. He cut out his BS from previous years and turned into one of the premier 2 way forwards in the game.

We are lucky to have him.

Now please find someone to play with him instead of Raymond and Higgins.

Just A Bit Outside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2011, 01:46 PM
someguy44

Quote:
Originally Posted by rye&ginger View Post
I love Kesler, he is on my avatar he took my # 17 which I have worn since I was a kid. Im naturally drawn to him and he plays like a bull.

But lets get something straight. The Sedins stood up after the game and answered questions all night. They have heart. They just show it in a different way. Anyone think Lidstrom, Sundin, Foresberg, Zetterberg dont have heart? No. This anti Euro stuff is really pathetic and results in a lot of people not understanding why we really lost.
How the hell did you arrive at this anti-Euro stuff when no one mentioned it. I think most people, including me, would think guys like Lidstrom, Sundin, Frosberg, Lidstrom etc shows a lot of heart in the playoffs.

As for the Sedins, I'm not just mentioning after the game, but during it as well. They were crap. They didn't seem like they were desperate to me ala Kesler in the game. I will give props to the Sedins for not giving excuses after the game or in the playoffs. That's something I can't say about Luongo (who's not European by the way) throughout the playoffs.

someguy44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2011, 02:13 PM
Uncle Jorgi

Quote:
Originally Posted by rye&ginger View Post

Kudos to the Sedins for standing up and taking questions, but the entire Finals they barely looked interested on the ice, and that's where it counts. Kesler only had a point in seven games, but fighting through injury he still played every shift like he'd play on two broken legs if it helped his team win a Cup. Next to him, the Sedins were hardly even there.

What that has to do with Lidstrom Sundin Forsberg or Zetterberg, i have no idea.

Uncle Jorgi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2011, 02:18 PM
behindthebench

blackhawks fan signing in.

Kesler is a great player and as much as i tried to hate him because he's a Canuck, i just can't. He played hard in the playoffs and demands respect. Even when he wasn't productive (points-wise), he was an impact player.

To Vancouver fans, this loss will only make it that much more sweet when you reach the promise land.

behindthebench is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2011, 03:54 PM
NotAPuckBunny

Kesler is an all around great guy and great player. Seeing him in tears like that is heartbreaking. He really, really wanted it. He had 6 shots on goal last night, top of the team, and I think that's a really telling stat (Bieksa and Higgins were next with 4). I want him to win a Cup before his career is over, he's deserving of it. Also, the Kesler-Thomas hug in the handshake line was very nice to see.

NotAPuckBunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2011, 04:57 PM
Mr. Canucklehead
Mod Supervisor
Kitimat Canuck

Somewhat OT question, but does anyone know the cost of getting name/numbers imprinted on your jersey? I've got a jersey already and was going to get it done when I'm down in Vancouver next week...

Mr. Canucklehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2011, 06:06 PM
Shankill Butcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Canucklehead View Post
Somewhat OT question, but does anyone know the cost of getting name/numbers imprinted on your jersey? I've got a jersey already and was going to get it done when I'm down in Vancouver next week...
My friend bought a jersey the other day and made an inquiry about this because he wasn't sure who he wanted yet.

$50.

As for the topic, I bought a Kesler jersey the day he re-signed. I feel pretty good about that decision. I have no idea how he was even skating with those injuries.

Shankill Butcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2011, 03:20 AM
thebigbea

he played the whole series with serious injuries.. great players... 6 of the top players of the canucks are playing through seriously injuries (includin hammy, raymond, samuelsson who are out).. not sure if any bruins are playin through serious injuries

thebigbea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2011, 03:26 AM
David71

i bought a kesler jersey when i went to the game against chicago in feb. favourite player. he hates to LOSE! seeing him cry *just made me tear up too.* mike gillis's job Number 1 priority is to find him a partner in crime a big winger to ride shotgun. higgins/raymond/sammuelsson arent it. higgins is a depth guy. can move up/down.

David71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2011, 03:27 AM
thebigbea

Quote:
Originally Posted by madman View Post
He showed it in the Olympics, and he should it all through the playoffs. Even as an Avs fan, it's hard not to appreciate what the guy brings in big-game situations. The guy's a warrior.
gotta feel for him... so close to a gold medal and now stanley cup..

thebigbea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2011, 03:30 AM
David71

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebigbea View Post
gotta feel for him... so close to a gold medal and now stanley cup..
thats in a span of 12months. too. unbelievble. gotta feel bad for the guy.

Old
06-17-2011, 03:58 AM
David71

i think mike gillis and ryan kesler should have those exit-player interviews where mike gillis asks what would you like to see me as in *do* kesler's answer-Find me a another big top 6 forward to ride shotgun. along the lines of that.