HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Edm/bos

Old
06-16-2011, 06:42 PM
Eberle2Hall2Net*

vCash: 500
Edm/bos

EDM: Rask + 9th ovr
BOS: 19th ovr + edm 2012 1st

if oilers fans bash me again... im done making proposals lollll

Last edited by Eberle2Hall2Net*: 06-16-2011 at 06:51 PM.
Eberle2Hall2Net* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2011, 06:48 PM
Kaoz
Ima Krejciist.

What if Bruins fans bash you first?

Horrible offer for the Bruins, start with changing the 31st overall to the 1st overall.

Kaoz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2011, 06:48 PM
Heaters not lazt*

So the Bruins lose one of the best young goalies in the NHL, and move down 20 picks for a first next year? No thanks.

Heaters not lazt* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2011, 06:50 PM
Eberle2Hall2Net*

oops... after seeing thomas i didnt think bruins would bash me for giving them a possible top 5 pick in a good draft for their backup goalie... oopssss

Eberle2Hall2Net* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2011, 06:50 PM
Kershaw

vCash: 50
Awful for Bruins. You should consider to make less trade proposals.

Kershaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2011, 06:53 PM
Allen Degenerate
Embrace the Hate

vCash: 938
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eberle2Hall2Net View Post
oops... after seeing thomas i didnt think bruins would bash me for giving them a possible top 5 pick in a good draft for their backup goalie... oopssss
Tim Thomas is 37. Pretty sure he won't be around forever.

Allen Degenerate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2011, 06:54 PM
Hampe
The Hampster

What was the original?

Hampe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2011, 06:55 PM
almostawake

Honestly, just stop making proposals, or at least take the time to read previous threads concerning the players you're including in the proposal. But the better option is to just stop making proposals.

Rask is not the Bruins 'back up', he is their goalie of the future that gets along quite well personally and professionally with their current (37 y/o) starter.

almostawake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2011, 06:58 PM
notloilersfan
I'm here, I'm bored

I like the idea of Rask to Edmonton, but this proposal is insulting to Bruins fans, and terrifying to Oilers fans, the thought of giving up a chance at Yakupov.

Based on the value Habs got for Halak, what about something like

to Edm: Rask
to Bos: 19th overall + 1 of Omark/Smid?

However, while I see the value being fair (based on what Habs got for Halak, who came off a hot playoff performance), Thomas can't have TOO many years left, and Rask could still be Boston's best bet for future goaltending.

I have to admit, I don't know what Boston's depth is like though, is there anyone in the system ready to step up soon?

notloilersfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2011, 07:02 PM
almostawake

Quote:
Originally Posted by notloilersfan View Post
I like the idea of Rask to Edmonton, but this proposal is insulting to Bruins fans, and terrifying to Oilers fans, the thought of giving up a chance at Yakupov.

However, while I see the value being fair (based on what Habs got for Halak, who came off a hot playoff performance), Thomas can't have TOO many years left, and Rask could still be Boston's best bet for future goaltending.

I have to admit, I don't know what Boston's depth is like though, is there anyone in the system ready to step up soon?
The Halak trade is irrelevant, value is irrelevant. The Bruins are not looking to trade Rask. If an insane offer was made they'd consider it, but they have absolutely no interest in trading him. He is the goalie of the future and is perhaps the most proven non-starter in the league.

almostawake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2011, 07:05 PM
Heaters not lazt*

Quote:

You can't compare Halak/Price to Thomas/Rask. Halak and Price are pretty close in age and very young, you couldn't keep both

Old
06-16-2011, 07:10 PM
A91

I think edmonton should be going for one of the caps 3 goaltenders

Holtby
Neuvrith
Varlamov

But we seem to have confiedence in dubby, wait untill next season and see how Dubnyk works out

A91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2011, 07:11 PM
notloilersfan
I'm here, I'm bored

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelRyder1 View Post
You can't compare Halak/Price to Thomas/Rask. Halak and Price are pretty close in age and very young, you couldn't keep both
Yes I can, Rask is in the same age range of Price/Halak, and in both situations it's teams who have two starting goaltenders.

I'm not saying Boston wants to trade him, like I said, I don't know what they have in the minors. But if they had a kid coming up, and rask became expendable, that is the kind of package they would receive.

Old
06-16-2011, 07:18 PM
NinthSpoke06

vCash: 50
Quote:
Yes I can, Rask is in the same age range of Price/Halak, and in both situations it's teams who have two starting goaltenders.

I'm not saying Boston wants to trade him, like I said, I don't know what they have in the minors. But if they had a kid coming up, and rask became expendable, that is the kind of package they would receive.
Well you are right, you can compare the situations all you want.......but that doesn't mean you are right.

Thomas = 37
Price = 23

One won't be around for much longer and the other is just starting to reach his potential as a top end starter in the league. There is a huge difference between the situations. If you can't see that then I don't know what to tell you.

NinthSpoke06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2011, 07:19 PM
Heaters not lazt*

Quote:
Actually, you can't. It's completely, 100% opposite situation.

They were both RFA's, they both had NHL success, and they both wanted to start. They had to move one.

The bruins, simple enough, don't.

Old
06-16-2011, 07:24 PM
notloilersfan
I'm here, I'm bored

Quote:
Actually, you can't. It's completely, 100% opposite situation.

They were both RFA's, they both had NHL success, and they both wanted to start. They had to move one.

The bruins, simple enough, don't.
So you conveniently cut out the part of my post where I said unless there's something I'm missing the Bruins won't want to trade Rask?

Sad sad saaaaaaad desperation to make a 'point.' I'm simply saying, IF Boston wanted to trade Rask, THAT is what he would be worth on the Market.

Old
06-16-2011, 07:25 PM
Neatman

I would never give up the Oilers 1st 2012, least of all for a goalie (admittedly a good young goalie). That will likely be a top 5 pick with a fair chance of being 1st overall...again. No goalie in the world is worth it imo.

Neatman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2011, 07:29 PM
internetdotcom
11 + 15 + 19 = 666

Send a message via MSN to internetdotcom Send a message via Yahoo to internetdotcom
Quote:

If the Oilers get anywhere near the first overall pick after getting it now TWO years in a row, something needs to be done about that. NO team is bad enough to finish dead last in a 30-team league 3 years in a row.

internetdotcom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2011, 07:32 PM
Heaters not lazt*

Quote:
So you conveniently cut out the part of my post where I said unless there's something I'm missing the Bruins won't want to trade Rask?

Sad sad saaaaaaad desperation to make a 'point.' I'm simply saying, IF Boston wanted to trade Rask, THAT is what he would be worth on the Market.

Seems you don't understand.

Halak and Price had less value because one had to be traded.
Thomas or Rask don't need to be traded.

Understand?

Old
06-16-2011, 07:32 PM
notloilersfan
I'm here, I'm bored

Quote:
Originally Posted by internetdotcom View Post
If the Oilers get anywhere near the first overall pick after getting it now TWO years in a row, something needs to be done about that. NO team is bad enough to finish dead last in a 30-team league 3 years in a row.
I personally don't think they'll be that bad. I project them to be picking in the 6-10 range next year. That being said, Brian Burke once said that and gave up Tyler Seguin because of it.

Old
06-16-2011, 07:37 PM
notloilersfan
I'm here, I'm bored

Quote:

Seems you don't understand.

Halak and Price had less value because one had to be traded.
Thomas or Rask don't need to be traded.

Understand?

It's you who does not understand.

1) Montreal did not HAVE to trade one of the goaltenders unless they got a package that they wanted, both were still their property.

2) And here is the part where I don't know how you just don't seem to understand. HYPOTHETICALLY speaking, IF Boston had a young upcoming goalie, thus having the internal need to trade Rask, that is the value they would get for him. UNDERSTAND!!??

Old
06-16-2011, 07:39 PM
IrishPaulie
Sooshii is AWESOME!!

Send a message via AIM to IrishPaulie
Quote:

Boston Goaltending Prospects:

Providence [AHL]:
  • Khudobin (25) - UFA 2011 - Capable NHL backup. Not starter material.
  • Hutchinson (21) - Bounced back and fourth between AHL and ECHL. Couple of years away from being a capable NHL backup.

Reading [ECHL]:
  • Dalton (24) - RFA 2011 - Currently not looking like/nowhere close to NHL material.

Alaska [ECHL]:
  • Courchaine (22) - Currently not looking like/nowhere close to NHL material.

Fargo [USHL]:
  • Gothberg (18) - Committed to University of North Dakota fall 2012.

There is no one remotely close to being ready to replace Thomas in 2 years. I wouldn't trust most on that list as backups in the next few years. Dalton and Khudobin may be on their way out. Gothberg has plenty of years of NCAA before they even consider him for AHL duties.

IrishPaulie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2011, 07:41 PM
notloilersfan
I'm here, I'm bored

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrishPaulie View Post
Boston Goaltending Prospects:

Providence [AHL]:
  • Khudobin (25) - UFA 2011 - Capable NHL backup. Not starter material.
  • Hutchinson (21) - Bounced back and fourth between AHL and ECHL. Couple of years away from being a capable NHL backup.

Reading [ECHL]:
  • Dalton (24) - RFA 2011 - Currently not looking like/nowhere close to NHL material.

Alaska [ECHL]:
  • Courchaine (22) - Currently not looking like/nowhere close to NHL material.

Fargo [USHL]:
  • Gothberg (18) - Committed to University of North Dakota fall 2012.

There is no one remotely close to being ready to replace Thomas in 2 years. I wouldn't trust most on that list as backups in the next few years. Dalton and Khudobin may be on their way out. Gothberg has plenty of years of NCAA before they even consider him for AHL duties.
Appreciate the info, and someone who actually reads my post Thanks.

Old
06-17-2011, 02:18 AM
zeus3007*

Bruins won't trade Rask...Thomas can't play forever. And its not good for the Oilers either, why go after Rask when we have Dubnyk and Khabiboulin who aren't going anywhere (unfortunately about Boulin).

zeus3007* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2011, 02:52 AM
Dr Danglefest
Vindication

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eberle2Hall2Net View Post
EDM: Rask + 9th ovr
BOS: 19th ovr + edm 2012 1st

if oilers fans bash me again... im done making proposals lollll

what are you out of your mind? worried about oiler fans bashing you? that trade is an insult to boston, i maybe good pick next year and a 19th in a weak draft class for a potential franchise goalie and a top 10 pick....

you want a young goalie? draft yourself one, youve got plenty of picks

Dr Danglefest is online now   Reply With Quote