HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

OT Thread #13: We've Even Got the PB's Seal of Apporval!

Closed Thread

Old
07-07-2011, 10:23 PM
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SomebodySaveKreider View Post
That was an awesome moment with Triple H, though I started souring on him after the 2003 reign of terror. I still don't think I recovered from it.
I never had a huge problem with the "RoT" because that's when I started to lose interest in wrestling and the only guys I really liked were the Rock, Trips, etc. A lot of the matches were really entertaining, too. When it got TOO ridiculous it was during the rise of Cena so I didn't really care.

Old
07-08-2011, 07:59 AM
SomebodySaveKreider

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueshirtBlitz View Post
I never had a huge problem with the "RoT" because that's when I started to lose interest in wrestling and the only guys I really liked were the Rock, Trips, etc. A lot of the matches were really entertaining, too. When it got TOO ridiculous it was during the rise of Cena so I didn't really care.
The reign of terror might be the reason why.

They brought in Scott Steiner....only to have Triple H bury him

Then they brought in Goldberg, booked him strong....only to have him booked weak against Triple H.

And don't forget, Triple H BURIED Booker T, to the point that he almost never recovered.

No wonder why Sting never signed with the WWE.

Cena and Orton are boring, but only because the WWE at this point just refuses to do anything different.

Old
07-08-2011, 09:14 AM
Jim Morrison

That suit is boss. Henke is boss.

Old
07-08-2011, 09:16 AM
Fitzy
All Is Well

I shudder at what the cost of that suit might be. I wouldn't be tan enough to pull it off, though.

07-08-2011, 10:23 AM
Swagelin
aka Bienvenue a ny

Is that a new picture of hank?

Old
07-08-2011, 12:40 PM
mullichicken25

that suit is gross, and with all due respect, he looks like a tool box

Old
07-08-2011, 12:43 PM
Hobgoblin Steve
Bacon of Light

my goalie for my inline team ..... is quitting because the team wont pay his 50$ league fee -_-

Old
07-08-2011, 12:46 PM
Hobgoblin Steve
Bacon of Light

Quote:
Originally Posted by mullichicken25 View Post
that suit is gross, and with all due respect, he looks like a tool box
I agree :/

Old
07-08-2011, 12:48 PM
That Stepan Guy
Jefferek Stepaninner

It isn't that bad, but the black shoes do make it worse.

Old
07-08-2011, 07:30 PM
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash

Hank looks good, haters gon' hate.

Also I have to take my Math assessment test for Stony Brook tomorrow...apparently it's all calculus, and guess who never learned calculus in high school?

One of the answers to a practice question looks like this:

hahahaha I don't even know what that means. Oh well, eenie meenie miney mo never let me down before.

Old
07-08-2011, 10:08 PM
Hobgoblin Steve
Bacon of Light

Quote:

Also I have to take my Math assessment test for Stony Brook tomorrow...apparently it's all calculus, and guess who never learned calculus in high school?

hahahaha I don't even know what that means. Oh well, eenie meenie miney mo never let me down before.

well, calc isnt all that hard if you take a little extra time to learn it better. Not for nothing but if you never seen it and your test is tom. then youre gonna have problems obviously. But when you do take calc in the future during your classes I HIGHLY advise you to bookmark these two youtube professors : PatrickJMT and KhanAcadamy.

If you want to just get through it and youre not in a math program (ie: Engineering) and you have a ti-89 or a titanium, go pay the 50$ for the Calculus Made Easy app. its well worth it , and unpiratable - it runs off the serial number from your calc.

I just finished calc 2 last semester with a B because of JMT and Khan.

Good luck

edit: also if its a math placement exam, it wont be all calc. It will be everything from algebra 101 to calc 1. I took the same test back in 06/07

Old
07-08-2011, 10:11 PM
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hobgoblin Steve View Post
well, calc isnt all that hard if you take a little extra time to learn it better. Not for nothing but if you never seen it and your test is tom. then youre gonna have problems obviously. But when you do take calc in the future during your classes I HIGHLY advise you to bookmark these two youtube professors : PatrickJMT and KhanAcadamy.

If you want to just get through it and youre not in a math program (ie: Engineering) and you have a ti-89 or a titanium, go pay the 50$ for the Calculus Made Easy app. its well worth it , and unpiratable - it runs off the serial number from your calc.

I just finished calc 2 last semester with a B because of JMT and Khan.

Good luck
That sounds good, I might just shell out the cash because i'm majoring in Poli Sci and have always struggled with math.

It's just an assessment test to decide which classes you are qualified for, but seeing what's on the test now I'm going to have to deal with the closest thing to a remedial class a college has, because I am NOT doing good on this test.

Old
07-08-2011, 11:02 PM
Machinehead
Tampa Bandwagon

vCash: 50
Quote:

I've translated it. It says "Richards wins the faceoff back to Girardi, over to Staal, back to Girardi, over to Gaborik, he wheels it behind the net to Dubinsky, over in front for Gaborik missed, ONE TIMED BY STAAL, rebound Dubinsky save. Behind the net to Richards, he center for Gaborik, HE SCORES!!! IT'S A POWERPLAY GOAL!!!!.

See the big sideways M at the beginning is the net

Old
07-08-2011, 11:05 PM
Swagelin
aka Bienvenue a ny

Quote:

What you do with that equation is start with the number zero. Plug it into the equation to the right for all the n values. Then do that with the number 1. Then 2 and so on till you reach the top value on the E which happens to be infinity in that problem. So you would plug in 3 or 4 values then proceed to use the infinite sum formula which I can't remember off the top of my head.

Your better off guessing on that question since its a ***** and takes a while to solve.

Old
07-08-2011, 11:07 PM
Muh
Beadle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Machinehead View Post
I've translated it. It says "Richards wins the faceoff back to Girardi, over to Staal, back to Girardi, over to Gaborik, he wheels it behind the net to Dubinsky, over in front for Gaborik missed, ONE TIMED BY STAAL, rebound Dubinsky save. Behind the net to Richards, he center for Gaborik, HE SCORES!!! IT'S A POWERPLAY GOAL!!!!.

See the big sideways M at the beginning is the net
Haha well played. You got a laugh out of me.

Old
07-08-2011, 11:11 PM
Machinehead
Tampa Bandwagon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bienvenue a New York View Post
What you do with that equation is start with the number zero. Plug it into the equation to the right for all the n values. Then do that with the number 1. Then 2 and so on till you reach the top value on the E which happens to be infinity in that problem. So you would plug in 3 or 4 values then proceed to use the infinite sum formula which I can't remember off the top of my head.

Your better off guessing on that question since its a ***** and takes a while to solve.
I could actually do this stuff if I could focus on it. I just get so disgusted by it I don't even bother

I took calculus, got an A-, and forgot every last bit of it the next day. 2 years ago I could have done that. Now I wouldn't even know where to start. That's my problem with math, I don't care enough to remember.

Old
07-08-2011, 11:12 PM
Hobgoblin Steve
Bacon of Light

btw, the CME app is basically a "show steps" kind of thing. For example I put into my CME app that using DIVISION I want to divide 101 by 10 it would give you something like

101 divided by 10 using LONG DIVISION

101 divided by 10 using long division gives 10 with a remainder of 1

1 divided by 10 gives 1/10

final answer is 10 1/10

end

or something similar to that. Ive used it on tests where Ive had hardly enough time to study to get high grades. I dont like doing that, but I really didnt want to repeat calc1/2. I do study like a mofo tho

Old
07-08-2011, 11:17 PM
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bienvenue a New York View Post

Yeah i'm just gonna guess on all the precalc and calc questions. I was able to graduate without taking precalc so I never even learned it.

And Machinehead I think you messed up your math somewhere, you have one of our defensemen one-timing the puck...

Old
07-08-2011, 11:19 PM
JeffMangum
Man Girardi

Staal doesn't get shots through to the net. Silly Machinehead.

07-09-2011, 12:04 AM
Machinehead
Tampa Bandwagon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Boyle View Post
Staal doesn't get shots through to the net. Silly Machinehead.
Quote:

And Machinehead I think you messed up your math somewhere, you have one of our defensemen one-timing the puck...
Is that a 1??????? Sorry I thought it was a 7. Turns out it got blocked and we didn't score

See how one mistake can ruin the whole equation?

Old
07-09-2011, 07:36 AM
Ruotsalainen29
Zhoo-Zhitsu!

I just saw "Horrible Bosses" last night. VERY funny movie!

Old
07-09-2011, 09:40 AM
TCRF
RICK. GNASH

vCash: 476
Well, last night I got news that my girlfriend's friend wants to date her, and that she's contemplating leaving me.

What to do now? I can't go to hockey games to drown out THA PAAAAAIIIIIN. And baseball only does so much for me then it's back to the hockey addiction. Any Ideas?

Old
07-09-2011, 03:33 PM
Swagelin
aka Bienvenue a ny

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatCrazyRangerFan View Post
Well, last night I got news that my girlfriend's friend wants to date her, and that she's contemplating leaving me.

What to do now? I can't go to hockey games to drown out THA PAAAAAIIIIIN. And baseball only does so much for me then it's back to the hockey addiction. Any Ideas?
Pics or it didn't happen

Old
07-09-2011, 04:23 PM
Ih8theislanders
Full-kit ****ers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruotsalainen29 View Post
I just saw "Horrible Bosses" last night. VERY funny movie!
I gotta go to the movies one day next week. A lot of films I'd like to see. I'll go see 3 or so.

Old
07-09-2011, 05:22 PM
Swagelin
aka Bienvenue a ny

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ih8theislanders View Post
I gotta go to the movies one day next week. A lot of films I'd like to see. I'll go see 3 or so.
Are you one of those cheap ***** who'll pay for 1 movie then will hop around to like 3 movies?

Closed Thread