HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Thomas Vokoun wanting to play in Colorado?

Old
06-17-2011, 06:56 AM
Ivan13
Avs/Habs fan

vCash: 500
Avs aren't contenders, but if Vokoun signs here, everyone stays healthy (unlike this season where everyone was droping like flys), then they end up drafting Larsson and some forward, Muller gets back 100% healthy, Hishon and Malone make the team, and they sign some veteran defensman (ie Brewer) to lead and mentor our young guns (EJ, Elliot, Gaunce, Barrie, Chouinard), they very weel could end up in playoffs, and anything is possible in playoffs.

Ivan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2011, 07:03 AM
Gudbranson44

when I read that article with google translate, I had the impression that colorado had shown interest in bryzgalov, not vokoun. anyways, we should know more soon. If he isnt resigned at the draft, I expect tallon to trade him just to get something of value for him

Gudbranson44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2011, 07:07 AM
Ivan13
Avs/Habs fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by whoisournextbure View Post
when I read that article with google translate, I had the impression that colorado had shown interest in bryzgalov, not vokoun. anyways, we should know more soon. If he isnt resigned at the draft, I expect tallon to trade him just to get something of value for him
This is what i posted on the Avs board:

He didn't say that Avs are Stanley cup contenders, i understand Czech a little bit. He basically said that he would like to stay in FLA if they want him, or go to PHI, if he get's an offer from PHI if their Bryz negotiation go nowhere. He did say that PHX and Avs are other possibilities he could explore, but i got an impression that FLA, and PHI are his first choice.

Ivan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2011, 08:34 AM
CB Joe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiranis View Post
Those are complete and utter lies. Here is the original article: http://hokej.idnes.cz/kdo-ulovi-voko...prezentace_lge

There is mention of Philly, Colorado, Phoenix, etc. but those are just journalists recycling rumours as part of the story. Vokoun ONLY mentions Florida or possibly going to a Stanley Cup-contending team. He NEVER mentions Colorado or any other team.

Edit: I believe this is actually the article that had the original interview: http://hokej.idnes.cz/poptavka-po-mn...210744_nhl_par (May 25th) and no mention of Colorado either.
This is correct. This Peter Alder guy with the Edmonton Journal is a hack. No where does Vokoun mention he thinks Colorado would be a Stanley Cup contender.

CB Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2011, 10:00 AM
FinlandPanther

Vokoun has always made comments that makes Panthers fans like me scratch their heads. He loves playing in Florida and that is scary to me considering his age and never really having a chance to win a cup. I really hope he does sign with a contender because he is a very classy guy and deserves a cup.

FinlandPanther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2011, 10:06 AM
Pure

ah ha, knew it was too good to be true lol.

Thought Vokoun was taking the Peter Stastny crazy pills.

Pure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2011, 10:13 AM
PhillyCurt12

Quote:
Originally Posted by rt View Post
He's heard from Phoenix and Philadelphia? Isn't that tampering?
not if florida gave them permission to talk to him. maybe they were looking for a sign and trade?

PhillyCurt12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2011, 10:18 AM
Rexor

Yep, no where in the Czech article Vokoun himself mentions Colorado. The weird thing is that Peter Adler, the author of the Edmonton Journal article, is a Czech.

Rexor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2011, 10:50 AM
Injury Prone Stastny
Can't Trade Me!

Before injuries, Colorado was top 3 (I think #1 at some point) in scoring. Now if only they didn't get injured and have 2 goalies who let in 5 goals a game..

Injury Prone Stastny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2011, 11:21 AM
rigger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hanta Yo View Post
Challenge for the Stanley Cup? Colorado? Something doesn't sound right.
I think Colorado is closer to competing than many think. They now have a stud #1 dman. They will add Larsson and their defence will be taken care of for years. They have strength down them middle in Stastny and Duchene. Hejduk, Jones, Hishon coming up, add another top 6, 20 goal winger and Vokoun and this team is a playoff team.

Im an oiler fan so Im not at all biased towards them or anything but I think this was the best team in the bottom 10 in the NHL this year, a goalie, winger and health will make them much better. They also have the 2nd and 11th pick this year. They could add a #1 dman and a #2 RW easily. Landeskog + Siemens or Larsson + McNiell or Bartschi, this teams rebuild is finished.

rigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2011, 11:45 AM
hdtrax

Quote:
Originally Posted by rigger View Post
I think Colorado is closer to competing than many think. They now have a stud #1 dman. They will add Larsson and their defence will be taken care of for years. They have strength down them middle in Stastny and Duchene. Hejduk, Jones, Hishon coming up, add another top 6, 20 goal winger and Vokoun and this team is a playoff team.

Agreed. They're much, much closer than people think. Of course, trading Stewart and Shattenkirk didn't exactly help, but I suppose the return of EJ plus 11th overall AND 2nd overall (which they wouldn't have got had Stewart and Shatty been in the lineup - probably closer to 5-6) is really going to help in the long-run. IMO, they really need to go for Landeskog at 2nd and a d-man at 11. Lando and Duchene? Forsberg and Sakic 2.0.

hdtrax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2011, 12:31 PM
Injury Prone Stastny
Can't Trade Me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TML1988 View Post
Agreed. They're much, much closer than people think. Of course, trading Stewart and Shattenkirk didn't exactly help, but I suppose the return of EJ plus 11th overall AND 2nd overall (which they wouldn't have got had Stewart and Shatty been in the lineup - probably closer to 5-6) is really going to help in the long-run. IMO, they really need to go for Landeskog at 2nd and a d-man at 11. Lando and Duchene? Forsberg and Sakic 2.0.
If they draft Landeskog I would think Duchene would be moving to the left wing.

Injury Prone Stastny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2011, 12:46 PM
odishabs

if colorado can add landeskog and vokoun.... well thats a pretty solid off-season

odishabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2011, 01:06 AM
Avs_19
Peter the Great

Just saw that Vokoun is born on July 2nd. How does the 35+ rule work? Is it as simple as how old the player is when he signs the contract?

So if the Avs sign Vokoun for 4 years on July 1st when he is still 34 years old, will they be off the hook if he retires after 3 years?

Avs_19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2011, 01:25 AM
School of WristShot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avsfanftw View Post
If thats how he feels I would love to have him
I doubt it. Basically, it's an invitation. Come offer me a good money AVS!

School of WristShot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2011, 01:28 AM
Hanta Yo
Bag it up

Quote:
Originally Posted by rigger View Post

Im an oiler fan so Im not at all biased towards them or anything but I think this was the best team in the bottom 10 in the NHL this year, a goalie, winger and health will make them much better. They also have the 2nd and 11th pick this year. They could add a #1 dman and a #2 RW easily. Landeskog + Siemens or Larsson + McNiell or Bartschi, this teams rebuild is finished.
They have a extremely bright future and I wouldn't be surprised to see them make the playoffs, but I don't see them being Cup Contenders in the immediate future.

Hanta Yo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2011, 02:20 AM
chasespace

So does he want to stay in Florida as in Sunrise, FL or Florida the state? I'm sure Tampa would love to have him if it's the latter.

chasespace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2011, 04:08 AM
Hennessy
Blank Space

vCash: 363
I'd love to get Vokoun. One of the best netminders in the league, tragically under-appreciated. The assumption would be that he'd not want to play for a team like Colorado, that he'd instead want to be on a contender. But who knows? Not to mention, Colorado isn't the sad-sack team they may appear to be. Take away the injuries of last year and insert a guy who carries a golden save % on some pretty bad teams and suddenly Colorado isn't so shabby. Give their youth a couple years to grow, buy some parts for a run, and Vokoun may have that contender, after all.

Hennessy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2011, 04:20 AM
thadd
Oil4Life

Send a message via MSN to thadd
That would have Colorado set to be a good playoff compeditor within a few years. They'd at least be a bubble team next year. No way they look like a bottom 10 team 1/2 way into the regular season even if they suffer a few more injuries than most other teams out there.

thadd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2011, 04:28 AM
fphockey42

Hoping he resigns for 2 years, 5.5M/year. He would be great to mentor Markstrom when Clemmenson is gone after next year.

fphockey42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2011, 04:39 AM
worstfaceoffmanever
These Snacks Are Odd

We have absolutely no place for him with our wealth of goaltending talent, but I'd love to have him back just for nostalgia's sake. That guy was a damn folk hero in Nashville.

worstfaceoffmanever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2011, 04:55 AM
Mogo
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

vCash: 814
I read that Vokoun said Florida and Philly are his prefered destinations. Now it looks like Philly is out. That Avs slip was already confirmed by someone who knows Czech to be mistranslated.

Mogo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2011, 04:04 PM
caley

Per Pierre LeBrun today

Quote:
"At this point it looks like he'll hit the open market on July 1," Vokoun's agent Michael C. Deutsch told ESPN.com Saturday. "He's keeping all his options open, including going back to Florida."
Quote:
A recent article in the Czech newspaper Mlada fronta Dnes quotes Vokoun as specifically mentioning Colorado as a possible destination, although Deutsch said on Saturday that Vokoun denied speaking to the newspaper.

"They weren't his quotes," Deutsch said.

caley is offline   Reply With Quote