HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Jagr's Agent Contacts Rangers (Signs with Philly | 1 yr @ $3.3MM)

Old
06-17-2011, 12:51 AM
Jumbo*
TARGET: ACQUIRED

vCash: 500
Jagr's Agent Contacts Rangers (Signs with Philly | 1 yr @ $3.3MM)

Since the other thread is title is "off topic" and about just the wings( so half the posters arent even clicking it), might as well start another thread since this will be a hot topic for the next few weeks.

Quote:
According to reports on MLive.com and the Detroit Free Press on Thursday, Jagr's agent Petr Svoboda has put out feelers to five NHL teams - the Red Wings, Pittsburgh Penguins, Washington Capitals, New York Rangers and Montreal Canadiens - about the possibility of the future Hall of Famer signing on as a free agent.
http://tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=369160

Drury is gone today, and its perfect time to bring a real leader back to this team. Perfect timing.

Jumbo* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2011, 12:54 AM
RangerFan10

Send a message via AIM to RangerFan10
lol Jagr, a real leader for who? His czech buddies? This is a negotiation ploy, he's not leaving the KHL.

RangerFan10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2011, 12:57 AM
FutureGM97

Send a message via AIM to FutureGM97
Wouldn't mind at right price....secondary scoring for sure.

FutureGM97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2011, 01:02 AM
New York RKY
Let's Go Rangers!

1) Jagr is not coming back, I can guarantee it.

2) Drury isn't necessarily gone today, there are still complications.

3) Jagr will wind up signing for a lot of money for 2-3 years in the KHL, book it.

06-17-2011, 01:03 AM
RGY
(Jagr68NYR94Leetch)

I would not say he's a "real" leader and I dont see the need to take a shot at drury too.

I would definitely give Jagr a look. Why not? Reduced role, reduced minutes, maybe he can provide some nice secondary scoring.

RGY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2011, 01:05 AM
Jumbo*

The guy is better then 90% of our roster still.

And he was certainly a "real leader" in his time in NY. I don't care much for how he was or acted before he came here.

Old
06-17-2011, 01:06 AM
Jumbo*

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerFan10 View Post
lol Jagr, a real leader for who? His czech buddies? This is a negotiation ploy, he's not leaving the KHL.
Negotiation ploy? Most of the teams in the KHL are broke anyway, he's not going to get more money by doing this.

Old
06-17-2011, 01:09 AM
RGY
(Jagr68NYR94Leetch)

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Healthy Scratch View Post
The guy is better then 90% of our roster still.

And he was certainly a "real leader" in his time in NY. I don't care much for how he was or acted before he came here.
Have you seen him play lately?? Clearly you have not. He looks exactly what he is....old. 90% of our roster? You might want to rethink that.

And what makes him a "real" leader? Because he put up more points here than Drury? Leadership is not all about the statistics. He was a go to guy here. And he was definitely a leader, but dont make him out to be the best, or better at leading than Drury.

Old
06-17-2011, 01:12 AM
Jumbo*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jagr68NYR94Leetch View Post
Have you seen him play lately?? Clearly you have not. He looks exactly what he is....old. 90% of our roster? You might want to rethink that.

And what makes him a "real" leader? Because he put up more points here than Drury? Leadership is not all about the statistics. He was a go to guy here. And he was definitely a leader, but dont make him out to be the best, or better at leading than Drury.
Um actually yea I did, it was called the Olympics a year ago, and he still looked like one of the best players on the ice vs the best players in the world. You should probably rethink what your talking about because you clearly have not.

What the hell does this have to do with Drury??

Old
06-17-2011, 01:13 AM
Inferno
HFB Partner

Id sign Jagr at 3-4 mil.

hes better than Prospal, Fedotenko, Wolski, and Avery combined.

Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2011, 01:14 AM
Inferno
HFB Partner

Quote:

i havent seen any KHL games, but at the Olympics only a handful of players looked better.

Old
06-17-2011, 01:21 AM
Dagoon44

Send a message via AIM to Dagoon44 Send a message via Yahoo to Dagoon44
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inferno272 View Post
Id sign Jagr at 3-4 mil.

Holy Mother of God we agree on something wow. Jagr was a true leader here. He busted his a@@ for the Rangers and Dubi AA and Jagr would be fun to watch

Dagoon44 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2011, 01:21 AM
wolfgaze
Interesting Cat

Even if there was mutual interest between both parties, I don't think the Rangers will have the cap space to offer Jagr a contract to his 'liking'. However, if you see Wolski bought out, then things might get interesting.

wolfgaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2011, 01:23 AM
RGY
(Jagr68NYR94Leetch)

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Healthy Scratch View Post
Um actually yea I did, it was called the Olympics a year ago, and he still looked like one of the best players on the ice vs the best players in the world. You should probably rethink what your talking about because you clearly have not.

What the hell does this have to do with Drury??
I certainly have watched him, the guy is slow, he has lost a step. Yeah I'm sure he was able to get by in the KHL. You think he's going to keep that kind of production up in the NHL? I beg to differ. To say he is better than 90% of our roster is just ignorance.

Old
06-17-2011, 01:25 AM
Punxrocknyc19*

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfgaze View Post
Even if there was mutual interest between both parties, I don't think the Rangers will have the cap space to offer Jagr a contract to his 'liking'. However, if you see Wolski bought out, then things might get interesting.
id love Jagr back but do we have to go back to lets bring him back a few years down the road, maybe the rangers can bring back Malik for that vet dman

Punxrocknyc19* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2011, 01:26 AM
Jumbo*

Quote:
I certainly have watched him, the guy is slow, he has lost a step. Yeah I'm sure he was able to get by in the KHL. You think he's going to keep that kind of production up in the NHL? I beg to differ. To say he is better than 90% of our roster is just ignorance.
Um, well yea. Im not expecting him to put up 123 points again.

He could easily put up 60-70 points at the NHL level and drastically improve our PP.

Yea he is better then 90% of our roster. He would be anywhere between our 2-4th best player excluding our goalie.

And I call complete BS that you even watched him play one KHL game. He still have decent speed a year ago, now all of a sudden he became slow out there and cant keep up with NHL players but a year ago he was still looking like he never lost a step at all and fit right in. Ok.

Old
06-17-2011, 01:44 AM
LotsOfHags
Hag You Much

Send a message via AIM to LotsOfHags Send a message via Yahoo to LotsOfHags
If buying out Wolski and Drury means we have room for Jagr and Richards, im all for it. Get it done Slats!

LotsOfHags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2011, 01:54 AM
haveandare

I'd rather that ice time go to a player who has a future in the league and the chance of escalating his play and making himself more useful to the franchise.

haveandare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2011, 02:29 AM
Inferno
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by haveandare View Post
I'd rather that ice time go to a player who has a future in the league and the chance of escalating his play and making himself more useful to the franchise.
as it is, to accomodate either Jagr, or another "big" player outside of Richards, kids are more than likely going to have to play whether they are ready or not, so that's not an issue.

Old
06-17-2011, 03:08 AM
Black Tank

What about as the set up man on the pp? JJ never really wanted to play D and now he can camp out on the right side on the man advantage for a year?

I don't think it'll happen but if we do sign a 35+ vet it might as well be an over the hill sniper rather than a lower line player.

Black Tank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2011, 03:13 AM
LyNX27

Buyout Wolski? I'm sure we could get a pick for him.

LyNX27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2011, 03:16 AM
eco's bones

I could see Jagr coming back and putting up 50-60 points. Maybe there's even more left in his tank I don't know. Whether he's slowed down some the cerebral part of his game and his hands are top notch. He could do a hell of a lot to improve our pwp--he's better than Prospal and Prospal can still put up points. I'd be reluctant to go over $4 mil though. I think we could do that and still fit Richards in. Even if it meant cashing Wolski's contact--I think that would be worth it too.

He is a 35+ contract--so better to sign him a year at a time. As for the Penguins--they're really going to have to cut somebody if they try to sign him. They're right against the cap ceiling now.

eco's bones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2011, 03:21 AM
17futurecap

One of the greatest trades Sather pulled off was bringing Jagr here. Man I loved the big man who wore 68, would love to see him back.

17futurecap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2011, 03:27 AM
n1cON
bleeds blue ! ! !

Would be really really nice to have Jaromir back in blue, but personally I think heŽll end in a Pens dress or will play for another club in the KHL.

n1cON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2011, 05:20 AM
chosen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inferno272 View Post
Id sign Jagr at 3-4 mil.

I'd rather have Jagr than Gaborik next season, not that that is an option.

chosen is offline   Reply With Quote