HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Jagr's Agent Contacts Rangers (Signs with Philly | 1 yr @ $3.3MM)

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
06-17-2011, 05:51 PM
  #101
Garfinkel1
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: CT
Posts: 3,446
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jags6868 View Post
Except Selanne's game has always been about full out speed and playing that way actually takes its toll on you much quicker than Jagr's style of game. Jagr stopped using his speed as much as he got older to preserve his game, to make himself more durable.

Jagr is a freak of nature and we all remember just how big and strong and ripped he was. He's a bit lighter now at 225 lbs but he's still strong and big, also the shedding of weight will only help him improve his speed.
I'm not going to even start a debate here bc your heart is set on this and there's nothing I could do or say to set it otherwise. I disagree and i'll leave it at that...

Quote:
Originally Posted by jags6868 View Post
Chelios was actually dominant even in his 30's.

As you age the experience also comes into play. Jagr has lots of experience.

Chelios was a fitness freak in his 40's and that allowed him to be great at that age.

Jagr is a fitness freak as well.
But you missed my ENTIRE point. My point was... That just because I am better than you at 25 and 30 doesn't mean i'm automatically better than you at 39 or 40 which you implied. Chelios was just an example and what you said still hasn't dismissed my point at all. He may have been dominant but he wasn't the best... yet any of those players who were better than him I can guarentee wouldn't be half as good at 44 like Chelios was (I believe that was when he retired)

Garfinkel1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2011, 05:52 PM
  #102
bubba5
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 2,013
vCash: 500
jagr is old, and if he comes back he need to be told the team will not be catered to him as it was post-lockout. he can help, but he will not be the focus of the team.

bubba5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2011, 05:54 PM
  #103
RangerFan10
Registered User
 
RangerFan10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Long Island/Plattsbu
Country: United States
Posts: 5,327
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to RangerFan10
Quote:
Originally Posted by hpNYR View Post
I'll tell you one thing though. Jagr's impact is going to be far greater than Gaborik's. It may not show on the stat sheet; but it will be there. Also, I wouldn't be shocked one bit if Jagr does outperform Gaborik. It all depends on what kind of Gaborik we see.
Jagr's leadership style was lead by example. If players follow that example now, the best we'll have is 18 guys that don't backcheck and coast, and score ~50 points maximum in the year.

There is no way on earth that Jagr outperforms Gaborik. Even if you want to play the "stat sheet" game. Gaborik backchecks, Gaborik is faster, Gaborik could kill penalties if it wasn't for the injury risk.

The last time I saw Jagr kill a penalty he looked like a lost pee-wee player. Awkward, lanky. He has no lateral movement. He has slow feet.

I understand the emotional connection to Jagr, but he's not that good at this point. The only positive he would bring to this team would be sparking the powerplay, but his style of play otherwise is a detriment to this team at 5 on 5 and doesn't fit our style at all. And sure, he might very well get to 50 points. PAP got to 50 points on a non-playoff team last season, it doesn't mean anything to me or the NHL for that matter.

I take Prospal back at $1mil next year 10 out of 10 times before I consider Jagr at whatever price he'll want. Even on a bum knee Prospal plays with more heart than Jagr.

RangerFan10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2011, 06:45 PM
  #104
hpNYR
HF Forecaster
 
hpNYR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Burbank, CA
Country: Armenia
Posts: 7,100
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerFan10 View Post
Jagr's leadership style was lead by example. If players follow that example now, the best we'll have is 18 guys that don't backcheck and coast, and score ~50 points maximum in the year.

There is no way on earth that Jagr outperforms Gaborik. Even if you want to play the "stat sheet" game. Gaborik backchecks, Gaborik is faster, Gaborik could kill penalties if it wasn't for the injury risk.

The last time I saw Jagr kill a penalty he looked like a lost pee-wee player. Awkward, lanky. He has no lateral movement. He has slow feet.

I understand the emotional connection to Jagr, but he's not that good at this point. The only positive he would bring to this team would be sparking the powerplay, but his style of play otherwise is a detriment to this team at 5 on 5 and doesn't fit our style at all. And sure, he might very well get to 50 points. PAP got to 50 points on a non-playoff team last season, it doesn't mean anything to me or the NHL for that matter.

I take Prospal back at $1mil next year 10 out of 10 times before I consider Jagr at whatever price he'll want. Even on a bum knee Prospal plays with more heart than Jagr.
Every player plays a different style. This is Jaromir Jagr and that's how he has learned the game and made a name of himself. I don't need Jagr back checking, I need Jagr being a force with the puck. I need Jagr getting attention which leaves more room for his line mates. I need Jagr making plays and setting up players. He'll do all of that. Because of his size and skill he's going to garner a lot of attention on the ice. He will have an impact whether you want to believe it or not. He will score more than 50 points.

Jagr killing penalties? That's not his game. I'm bringing him in for scoring depth not to be a leader and kill penalties. Get real. You're reaching really bad and failing while doing it. I seriously wonder what Jagr you have watched -- cause to say you'd take prospal over jagr salaries aside is an absolute joke. Emotional ties? If we have emotional ties then you have Jagr hate.

hpNYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2011, 09:37 PM
  #105
RangerFan10
Registered User
 
RangerFan10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Long Island/Plattsbu
Country: United States
Posts: 5,327
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to RangerFan10
Quote:
Originally Posted by hpNYR View Post
Every player plays a different style. This is Jaromir Jagr and that's how he has learned the game and made a name of himself. I don't need Jagr back checking, I need Jagr being a force with the puck. I need Jagr getting attention which leaves more room for his line mates. I need Jagr making plays and setting up players. He'll do all of that. Because of his size and skill he's going to garner a lot of attention on the ice. He will have an impact whether you want to believe it or not. He will score more than 50 points.

Jagr killing penalties? That's not his game. I'm bringing him in for scoring depth not to be a leader and kill penalties. Get real. You're reaching really bad and failing while doing it. I seriously wonder what Jagr you have watched -- cause to say you'd take prospal over jagr salaries aside is an absolute joke. Emotional ties? If we have emotional ties then you have Jagr hate.
The reason I brought up penalty killing is because you started to say Jagr will outplay Gaborik. If Jagr puts up the points I think we can all agree he would put up -- at best 50 points -- then he is not a good asset on this team. A 50 point player that doesn't backcheck OR forecheck really? That is not a player that fits this mold.

If anyone is reaching it is you, because you're hanging on one little sentence and looking beyond the point that was made. Jagr isn't half the player Gaborik is right now; as someone already pointed out, Gaborik still outproduced Jagr on a very down year with injury problems. And on top of that, Gaborik is visible in all facits of the game. He's not a defensive liability, he backchecks and forechecks hard, hell, down the stretch I saw him finishing checks. When did Jagr EVER finish a check? EVER?

I don't have Jagr hate. I think people just sip the Jagr koolaid way too hard here, and that he's overrated. He is one of the best offensive players to ever play the game and he gave a lot to this franchise. But that time has passed.
I think his last year here, there were far too many excuses made for the fall in his goal production. For a player that can create so much for himself, I have a really hard time blaming it on Gomez, Drury and the supporting cast. It's no coincidence that he is barely a point per game player int he KHL, in a shorter season nonetheless. Marcel Hossa puts up similar point totals to Jagr. Maybe we should bring him back, too.

Sure, he can get up for a few big international games. We all know how proud Jagr is of his heritage, hell, he's the main reason Michael Roszival ever donned Ranger blue. I'm not so easily pursuaded into thinking he's a good addition. You can't lead by example if your example is being a slow, 39 year old, 40 to 50 point player that doesn't work hard. He doesn't fit the identity of this team at all, and I have a hard time believing that the guys in the room would respect a guy that floats and glides around as much as Jagr would. Jagr isn't going to be a force with the puck with the wear and tear of an NHL season.

I'll take Simon Gagne at the same price knowing that Gagne isn't going to half-ass it and that Jagr has the same injury risk. And I'll also take Gagne knowing that his reasons for returning to the NHL for another season aren't selfish. And don't even try to argue this one, because if Jagr's not a selfish guy, he would've never left.

I'll take Vinny Prospal with the same durability risks at half the price and just as much production.

RangerFan10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2011, 10:13 PM
  #106
satrabyk
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 1,869
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jagr68NYR94Leetch View Post
Have you seen him play lately?? Clearly you have not. He looks exactly what he is....old. 90% of our roster? You might want to rethink that.

And what makes him a "real" leader? Because he put up more points here than Drury? Leadership is not all about the statistics. He was a go to guy here. And he was definitely a leader, but dont make him out to be the best, or better at leading than Drury.
Your comparing Drury to Jagr in terms of leading the Rangers.... LMFAO. That is the most embarassing post ive ever seen. Jagr carried the team on his shoulders, when we lost you could see the hurt he had. Drury was invisible. LOL this is a joke right?

satrabyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2011, 10:17 PM
  #107
satrabyk
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 1,869
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerFan10 View Post
The reason I brought up penalty killing is because you started to say Jagr will outplay Gaborik. If Jagr puts up the points I think we can all agree he would put up -- at best 50 points -- then he is not a good asset on this team. A 50 point player that doesn't backcheck OR forecheck really? That is not a player that fits this mold.

If anyone is reaching it is you, because you're hanging on one little sentence and looking beyond the point that was made. Jagr isn't half the player Gaborik is right now; as someone already pointed out, Gaborik still outproduced Jagr on a very down year with injury problems. And on top of that, Gaborik is visible in all facits of the game. He's not a defensive liability, he backchecks and forechecks hard, hell, down the stretch I saw him finishing checks. When did Jagr EVER finish a check? EVER?

I don't have Jagr hate. I think people just sip the Jagr koolaid way too hard here, and that he's overrated. He is one of the best offensive players to ever play the game and he gave a lot to this franchise. But that time has passed.
I think his last year here, there were far too many excuses made for the fall in his goal production. For a player that can create so much for himself, I have a really hard time blaming it on Gomez, Drury and the supporting cast. It's no coincidence that he is barely a point per game player int he KHL, in a shorter season nonetheless. Marcel Hossa puts up similar point totals to Jagr. Maybe we should bring him back, too.

Sure, he can get up for a few big international games. We all know how proud Jagr is of his heritage, hell, he's the main reason Michael Roszival ever donned Ranger blue. I'm not so easily pursuaded into thinking he's a good addition. You can't lead by example if your example is being a slow, 39 year old, 40 to 50 point player that doesn't work hard. He doesn't fit the identity of this team at all, and I have a hard time believing that the guys in the room would respect a guy that floats and glides around as much as Jagr would. Jagr isn't going to be a force with the puck with the wear and tear of an NHL season.

I'll take Simon Gagne at the same price knowing that Gagne isn't going to half-ass it and that Jagr has the same injury risk. And I'll also take Gagne knowing that his reasons for returning to the NHL for another season aren't selfish. And don't even try to argue this one, because if Jagr's not a selfish guy, he would've never left.

I'll take Vinny Prospal with the same durability risks at half the price and just as much production.

Its possible he needed money, not being selfish but career choice, he did have gambling debts i head off. Anyway its always worth a shot with a top caliber player like him. We have no one, i sign him and Richards and than we have some legit number 1 forwards line. If he doesent work so beit, wont be the first time that has happened and wont be the last. The fact is if it does work out we could be scary good with him Gaborik and possible Richards on the top line. I cant say the same about Gagne.

Why would he suddenly drop off on points when Gomez and Drury came here. Did this supporting cast of Gomez and Drury do what he did, score 120 points in a season, take over games. You want to compare him to Gaborik, thats fine, there 2 different players to say 1 is better is pure speculation. If Jagr is anywhere near what he was the first 2 years i will take him over Gaborik any day of the week.


Last edited by satrabyk: 06-17-2011 at 10:23 PM.
satrabyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2011, 10:17 PM
  #108
E Nixson
Powered by Intel
 
E Nixson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 884
vCash: 500
Why the **** would any of you want a 39 year old Jagr on the team
He is three years removed from the NHL.

E Nixson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2011, 10:21 PM
  #109
satrabyk
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 1,869
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerFan10 View Post
Jagr's leadership style was lead by example. If players follow that example now, the best we'll have is 18 guys that don't backcheck and coast, and score ~50 points maximum in the year.

There is no way on earth that Jagr outperforms Gaborik. Even if you want to play the "stat sheet" game. Gaborik backchecks, Gaborik is faster, Gaborik could kill penalties if it wasn't for the injury risk.

The last time I saw Jagr kill a penalty he looked like a lost pee-wee player. Awkward, lanky. He has no lateral movement. He has slow feet.

I understand the emotional connection to Jagr, but he's not that good at this point. The only positive he would bring to this team would be sparking the powerplay, but his style of play otherwise is a detriment to this team at 5 on 5 and doesn't fit our style at all. And sure, he might very well get to 50 points. PAP got to 50 points on a non-playoff team last season, it doesn't mean anything to me or the NHL for that matter.

I take Prospal back at $1mil next year 10 out of 10 times before I consider Jagr at whatever price he'll want. Even on a bum knee Prospal plays with more heart than Jagr.
Yes but Gaborik does not compete in the corners, he is not as strong, more injury prone and does not see the ice as well as Jagr.

satrabyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2011, 10:22 PM
  #110
satrabyk
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 1,869
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by New England Hockey View Post
Why the **** would any of you want a 39 year old Jagr on the team
He is three years removed from the NHL.
Have u seen our team even if does not work out its worth a try when u have a forward line up like ours. Sorry if i dont want to watch Boyle and Cally play PPs. The fact is just his body on the ice is a presence, he creates space and when he is goind Gaborik will have to fill the holes and he could find him the puck.


Last edited by satrabyk: 06-17-2011 at 10:29 PM.
satrabyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2011, 10:40 PM
  #111
hpNYR
HF Forecaster
 
hpNYR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Burbank, CA
Country: Armenia
Posts: 7,100
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerFan10 View Post
The reason I brought up penalty killing is because you started to say Jagr will outplay Gaborik. If Jagr puts up the points I think we can all agree he would put up -- at best 50 points -- then he is not a good asset on this team. A 50 point player that doesn't backcheck OR forecheck really? That is not a player that fits this mold.

If anyone is reaching it is you, because you're hanging on one little sentence and looking beyond the point that was made. Jagr isn't half the player Gaborik is right now; as someone already pointed out, Gaborik still outproduced Jagr on a very down year with injury problems. And on top of that, Gaborik is visible in all facits of the game. He's not a defensive liability, he backchecks and forechecks hard, hell, down the stretch I saw him finishing checks. When did Jagr EVER finish a check? EVER?

I don't have Jagr hate. I think people just sip the Jagr koolaid way too hard here, and that he's overrated. He is one of the best offensive players to ever play the game and he gave a lot to this franchise. But that time has passed.
I think his last year here, there were far too many excuses made for the fall in his goal production. For a player that can create so much for himself, I have a really hard time blaming it on Gomez, Drury and the supporting cast. It's no coincidence that he is barely a point per game player int he KHL, in a shorter season nonetheless. Marcel Hossa puts up similar point totals to Jagr. Maybe we should bring him back, too.

Sure, he can get up for a few big international games. We all know how proud Jagr is of his heritage, hell, he's the main reason Michael Roszival ever donned Ranger blue. I'm not so easily pursuaded into thinking he's a good addition. You can't lead by example if your example is being a slow, 39 year old, 40 to 50 point player that doesn't work hard. He doesn't fit the identity of this team at all, and I have a hard time believing that the guys in the room would respect a guy that floats and glides around as much as Jagr would. Jagr isn't going to be a force with the puck with the wear and tear of an NHL season.

I'll take Simon Gagne at the same price knowing that Gagne isn't going to half-ass it and that Jagr has the same injury risk. And I'll also take Gagne knowing that his reasons for returning to the NHL for another season aren't selfish. And don't even try to argue this one, because if Jagr's not a selfish guy, he would've never left.

I'll take Vinny Prospal with the same durability risks at half the price and just as much production.
Once again, Jagr will have a bigger impact offensively than any name you mentioned ...save MAYBE for Gaborik. It all depends on which Gaborik we see. Once again, it's not just about the stat sheet. Jagr is going to garner some big time attention and that is what I'm talking about. It's going to relieve pressures off of other guys in the top 6. It's going to open up ice for other guys on his line. That's a big impact within itself.

hpNYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2011, 10:43 PM
  #112
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash
 
BlueshirtBlitz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: New York
Posts: 18,901
vCash: 500
As I said in the other thread we had on this, Jags for the right price would make me happy.

I think a 39 year old Jagr would have trouble with today's stronger 1st pairings, but would be able to more than hold his own against 2nd and 3rd pairs.

BlueshirtBlitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2011, 10:46 PM
  #113
RangerFan10
Registered User
 
RangerFan10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Long Island/Plattsbu
Country: United States
Posts: 5,327
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to RangerFan10
Quote:
Originally Posted by hpNYR View Post
Once again, Jagr will have a bigger impact offensively than any name you mentioned ...save MAYBE for Gaborik. It all depends on which Gaborik we see. Once again, it's not just about the stat sheet. Jagr is going to garner some big time attention and that is what I'm talking about. It's going to relieve pressures off of other guys in the top 6. It's going to open up ice for other guys on his line. That's a big impact within itself.
You're crazy. Go watch a KHL game or two. Jagr will have almost no affect in 5 on 5 situations, and it will be about 3 weeks maximum before Tortarella is hating Sather for bringing him back. Jagr won't get the same respect or attention that he did 4 or 5 years ago.

It's amazing to me that you think Jagr will have a bigger impact, hands down, than Gaborik, who, again, matched Jagr's point totals last season in a better league. And he's not a primmadonna about who his linemates are, he doesn't pick and choose anything, he gets put on a line with Christensen and Prospal then so be it, he goes out and produces. Gaborik is a year removed from a 42-44 season in 76 games. A year removed. Not 4 or 5 years removed.

RangerFan10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2011, 10:49 PM
  #114
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash
 
BlueshirtBlitz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: New York
Posts: 18,901
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by satrabyk View Post
Have u seen our team even if does not work out its worth a try when u have a forward line up like ours. Sorry if i dont want to watch Boyle and Cally play PPs. The fact is just his body on the ice is a presence, he creates space and when he is goind Gaborik will have to fill the holes and he could find him the puck.
Just pointing out Callahan this year was one of the best front of the net presences on the PP. He had comparable goals to alot of guys who are more well known infront of the net and we know how bad our PP was.

BlueshirtBlitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2011, 10:51 PM
  #115
hpNYR
HF Forecaster
 
hpNYR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Burbank, CA
Country: Armenia
Posts: 7,100
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerFan10 View Post
You're crazy. Go watch a KHL game or two. Jagr will have almost no affect in 5 on 5 situations, and it will be about 3 weeks maximum before Tortarella is hating Sather for bringing him back. Jagr won't get the same respect or attention that he did 4 or 5 years ago.
I'm sorry but I follow the KHL as much as I follow the NHL. I'm Armenian so don't tell me to follow the KHL

Jagr certainly still has a place in this league. The crazy ones are those with anti-Jagr blinders on because of his age. He certainly isn't the same guy he was 4-5 years ago, however he certainly hasn't digressed to extents you like to take it. Slow feet...can't move lateral....is a bum...etc. Give it a rest.

hpNYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2011, 10:52 PM
  #116
JeffMangum
#meatisbeat
 
JeffMangum's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Listening to music
Country: United States
Posts: 56,831
vCash: 500
I'm on the fence with this one.

I love Jagr -- he's one of my favorite players, and I certainly think he would help the offense enough to make pursuing him a worthwhile cause for the Rangers. The passing skill, vision, and strength are still there.

I'm worried about his defensive game, though. Yeah, I know he's always been lackluster in that regard, but his speed and skating has deteriorated to the point where he could end up being a liability more shifts than not.

If he'll accept a cheap one year deal, I'd go for it, otherwise, I'd be inclined to pass. I doubt he comes back anyway, so it really isn't much of a story.

__________________

#TannerGlass2014
SEEN YOUR VIDEO!
#SheWentToHarvard

Last edited by JeffMangum: 06-18-2011 at 12:24 AM.
JeffMangum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2011, 11:00 PM
  #117
E Nixson
Powered by Intel
 
E Nixson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 884
vCash: 500
Come on guys, Jagr is not the answer.

E Nixson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2011, 11:05 PM
  #118
Oroku Saki*
Pete Hearts Volch
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Rocky Point
Country: United States
Posts: 24,130
vCash: 500
One of the most feared Rangers as a Devils fan. He always was about to do something.

It would be nice to see him come back as a Ranger or Penguin but it always seems like he is doing this.

Oroku Saki* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2011, 11:20 PM
  #119
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him
 
nyr2k2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Washington, DC
Country: United States
Posts: 23,420
vCash: 500
Awards:
For a relatively cheap one year deal, maybe. And that's assuming we're acquiring other talent as well. Last year's roster plus Jagr does nothing for the organization moving forward.

Multiple years? Pass. THE marquee acquisition for us? Pass.

nyr2k2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2011, 12:13 AM
  #120
Vito Andolini
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 923
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emma Royd View Post
For a relatively cheap one year deal, maybe. And that's assuming we're acquiring other talent as well. Last year's roster plus Jagr does nothing for the organization moving forward.

Multiple years? Pass. THE marquee acquisition for us? Pass.
I don't think signing him should be contingent on other players like Richards coming in as well. We need talent, Jagr has it. For me, it's that simple.

What's there to lose anyways? It's not like we need to be thinking about possibly going for a top draft pick or keeping a RW spot open for a kid.

My biggest concern would be what to do with Gaborik, Callahan & JJ all on the RW.

Vito Andolini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2011, 12:16 AM
  #121
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him
 
nyr2k2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Washington, DC
Country: United States
Posts: 23,420
vCash: 500
Awards:
Yeah, that's true. Those are all valid points.

nyr2k2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2011, 01:06 AM
  #122
RangerFan10
Registered User
 
RangerFan10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Long Island/Plattsbu
Country: United States
Posts: 5,327
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to RangerFan10
Quote:
Originally Posted by satrabyk View Post
Yes but Gaborik does not compete in the corners, he is not as strong, more injury prone and does not see the ice as well as Jagr.
Who is to say Jagr, 39, isn't just as prone to injury over the course of an 82 game season? And I don't think you're going to see the same "battling" and strength from Jagr that he had in his first go around if he comes back. He's not the same player, if you guys want to live in an EA Sports world where he is, be my guest.

RangerFan10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2011, 01:08 AM
  #123
RangerFan10
Registered User
 
RangerFan10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Long Island/Plattsbu
Country: United States
Posts: 5,327
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to RangerFan10
If we were to sign Jagr and it took away Callahan's ice time both 5 and 5 and on the PP I would flip out. I doubt it would happen, especially under Torts, but still

RangerFan10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2011, 02:21 AM
  #124
GarretJoseph*
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: NYC
Country: United States
Posts: 7,604
vCash: 500
Do what we did with P.Nedved, bring him in for a trial. He actually played very well IMO and we still didn't sign him.

Jagr might not sign a try out contract but if he does and he earns his place, I'd sign him up in a heart beat, would love to dust off the old 68 and put him on one of the most god awful power plays I've ever seen.

GarretJoseph* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2011, 02:51 AM
  #125
RGY
(Jagr68NYR94Leetch)
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Long Island, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 8,257
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by satrabyk View Post
Your comparing Drury to Jagr in terms of leading the Rangers.... LMFAO. That is the most embarassing post ive ever seen. Jagr carried the team on his shoulders, when we lost you could see the hurt he had. Drury was invisible. LOL this is a joke right?
Yeah because its about the stats right? Jagr who wouldnt participate in the shootouts. Jagr who wasnt a fan of talking to the media just like drury was. Jagr who is now 39. Dont come on here and try to define what leadership is based on what he was able to produce 3 years ago or the fact that drury and jagr are two different types of players.. Leadership is much more than that. Everything we have ever heard about drury throughout his career, not just as a ranger, has been praise when it comes to leadership.

And btw i love jagr, would take him back in a heartbeat. But keep it real. Ignorance is bliss.

RGY is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:08 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.