HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Arizona Coyotes
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

GMDM doesn't look too happy in this vid

Old
06-25-2011, 11:33 AM
Llewzaher

vCash: 500
GMDM doesn't look too happy in this vid

Don doesn't look too impressed in this vid . I am wondering if he was trying to make some moves , but just nothing there ? He clearly looks frustrated ..

http://coyotes.nhl.com/index.html

Llewzaher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2011, 11:56 AM
Kaibur

Since that link is to the Yotes mainpage (since you can't link directly to the videos) I assume you're talking about the video from last night where GMDM is smacking his lips like he's been doing lines of blow in the XCEL center bathroom?

I like how Vest asks him about it being quiet on the floor with not a lot of phone calls or people stopping by the Coyote table. Maloney answers that he thinks it wasn't just them but everywhere. Really? Have you seen some of the trades being pulled off in the last 3 days? And you think it's quiet everywhere? Maloney's usually pretty good about being a straight shooter, but on this one I don't see it.

I don't know what kind of deals were discussed, but I would have rather overpaid with picks than use them on the guys we got. That's just my first blush feeling.

Kaibur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2011, 11:59 AM
Alberta Yote
Nice run

I'm going to give Maloney the benefit of the doubt that he chooses not to have a huge pile of input into the draft picks and lets his scouting staff do their work. They get the fail on that one from me.

I am getting very skeptical though that much improvement through trades is in the cards. I hope I am wrong because I sure don't get wood looking at the free agent crop this year.

Is this all a bit premature to be saying, yes it is.

Alberta Yote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2011, 11:59 AM
Magnifique

vCash: 50
GMDM is stingy, we all know that. Maybe that's why no one bothers talking to him anymore.

Magnifique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2011, 12:06 PM
Llewzaher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaibur View Post
Since that link is to the Yotes mainpage (since you can't link directly to the videos) I assume you're talking about the video from last night where GMDM is smacking his lips like he's been doing lines of blow in the XCEL center bathroom?

I like how Vest asks him about it being quiet on the floor with not a lot of phone calls or people stopping by the Coyote table. Maloney answers that he thinks it wasn't just them but everywhere. Really? Have you seen some of the trades being pulled off in the last 3 days? And you think it's quiet everywhere? Maloney's usually pretty good about being a straight shooter, but on this one I don't see it.

I don't know what kind of deals were discussed, but I would have rather overpaid with picks than use them on the guys we got. That's just my first blush feeling.
Yeah that was the one ..... Dave Vest really must have been told before hand what to ask ,, because his questions seemed very "leading " .

Llewzaher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2011, 12:09 PM
XX
... Waiting

Maloney looked defeated right before they picked Murphy. He was just rocking in his chair tapping the desk.

XX is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2011, 12:36 PM
MP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaibur View Post
He looks pissed. Usually he seems pretty laid back during interviews, but he looked defeated and you're right, the little tic he had going with his lips is a common sign of frustration.

Or cocaine use.

Which may indeed sound like a good idea to him just now.

As for the lack of trades--the CBA has been stifling the trade market for years now, and every season it seems to get less and less interesting. Much like the trade deadline, the days when you could make the big trade on draft day look to be on the way out, if they haven't already gone. I can buy the idea that, aside from Philly's salary dumping, most GMs simply aren't interested in any big moves.

Remember, the Philly trades were salary dumps, and Bryz was dealt only because DM realized that he had no hope of re-signing him. And I wouldn't consider trades involving the likes of John-Michael Liles or Brian Campbell to be blockbusters.

MP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2011, 01:20 PM
GophersGoneWild
Was MN_Hockey_in_AZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by MP View Post

As for the lack of trades--the CBA has been stifling the trade market for years now, and every season it seems to get less and less interesting. Much like the trade deadline, the days when you could make the big trade on draft day look to be on the way out, if they haven't already gone. I can buy the idea that, aside from Philly's salary dumping, most GMs simply aren't interested in any big moves.

Remember, the Philly trades were salary dumps, and Bryz was dealt only because DM realized that he had no hope of re-signing him. And I wouldn't consider trades involving the likes of John-Michael Liles or Brian Campbell to be blockbusters.
I would. Anytime a top 4 dman or top 6 forward moves teams I'd say that's a blockbuster. Obviously not Lindros to Philly or 99 to LA, but still a big deal. What about the Burns/Seto trade? Top line forward (well he will be on the Wild) and top pairing Dman moving teams...blockbuster in my books. I'd also disagree that the Philly trades were simply salary dumps. Yea they needed to move some money out to get Bryz signed, but I think it was more of a restructuring than salary dump. Chicago's moves last year were salary dumps.

GophersGoneWild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2011, 01:28 PM
Kaibur

In the last 3 days, by my count 22 teams have made trades (23 if Smyth goes to Edmonton). Granted that some of those were merely picks for picks, but that seems like a lot of movement to me, especially when you consider Boston and Vancouver didn't make trades because they were in the finals.

We have serious immediate needs and will not be a free agent destination, yet we stood pat/nobody wanted to talk to us. Doesn't that seem problematic?

Kaibur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2011, 01:36 PM
Dan

Quote:
Originally Posted by XX View Post
Maloney looked defeated right before they picked Murphy. He was just rocking in his chair tapping the desk.
Like Mark McNeill was gone or somebody else he was hoping for.

Dan is offline   Reply With Quote