HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Rangers can't buy out injured Drury (career ending injury)

Old
06-17-2011, 08:41 PM
Garfinkel1

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3Four3 View Post
We could make the drive out to Connecticut to his pizza place and then complain that there was a rat head on one of the slices.

Then tell him he could either walk away from the Rangers or we could go the lawsuit route.
He's got a pizza place in CT??!

Garfinkel1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2011, 08:41 PM
New York RKY
Let's Go Rangers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garfinkel1 View Post
He's got a pizza place in CT??!
No you can't go and loot the place

06-17-2011, 08:51 PM
beastly115

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3Four3 View Post
We could make the drive out to Connecticut to his pizza place and then complain that there was a rat head on one of the slices.

Then tell him he could either walk away from the Rangers or we could go the lawsuit route.
I like the way you think. Make it happen!

beastly115 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2011, 09:12 PM
Skrimpy

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy View Post
NO. That's circumvention.
It didn't happen if nobody knows about it.

Skrimpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2011, 09:13 PM
AXN

This is better than a buyout. Drury's full cap hit can be removed.

AXN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2011, 09:13 PM
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash

If he does anything to hamstring us over the summer I lose all respect for him I had in a Rangers jersey, simple as that.

I really liked him as a player, and had no problem with forcing to buy him out. I didn't like his tenure here but everybody should know I have no problem with Chris. But if he ****s us over here that will leave a bitter taste in my mouth. I don't care if he doesn't owe us anything, he should have the common courtesy to allow the organization to move further, especially since it's not a matter of if he can play anymore- he CAN'T.

edit- though i'm not sure of the entire situation, just read the part where people were talking about him being able to eat up our summer cap.

BlueshirtBlitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2011, 09:16 PM
New York RKY
Let's Go Rangers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueshirtBlitz View Post
If he does anything to hamstring us over the summer I lose all respect for him I had in a Rangers jersey, simple as that.

I really liked him as a player, and had no problem with forcing to buy him out. I didn't like his tenure here but everybody should know I have no problem with Chris. But if he ****s us over here that will leave a bitter taste in my mouth. I don't care if he doesn't owe us anything, he should have the common courtesy to allow the organization to move further, especially since it's not a matter of if he can play anymore- he CAN'T.

edit- though i'm not sure of the entire situation, just read the part where people were talking about him being able to eat up our summer cap.
I surely think he will retire now for fear of losing your respect

New York RKY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2011, 09:17 PM
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash

Quote:
Originally Posted by New York RKY View Post
I surely think he will retire now for fear of losing your respect
If that doesn't make him i'm sure my angry e-mails to him will!

Old
06-17-2011, 10:01 PM
Glen Teflon Sather
Like A Boss

Send a message via AIM to Glen Teflon Sather
Quote:
Originally Posted by White Plains Batman View Post
Buying out Drury would look like this:
SEASON SALARY CAP HIT BUYOUT SAVINGS BUYOUT CAP HIT

2011-12 $5,000,000 $7,050,000 $1,666,667 $3,333,333 $3,716,667

2012-13 $0 $0 $1,666,667 -$1,666,667 $1,666,667

Buying Out Avery:
2011-12 $4,000,000 $3,875,000 $1,333,333 $2,666,667 $1,208,333

2012-13 $0 $0 $1,333,333 -$1,333,333 $1,333,333

Christensen:
2011-12 $925,000 $925,000 $308,333 $616,667 $308,333

2012-13 $0 $0 $308,333 -$308,333 $308,333

Wolski:
2011-12 $4,000,000 $3,800,000 $666,667
$3,333,333 $466,667

2012-13 $0 $0 $666,667 -$666,667 $666,667

So to answer the question, if it's Drury it would be a cap hit of 3.716 for this year and then 1.666 next season with all of Avery, Wolski, and Christensen completely off the books.

If you buyout those other three guys combined it totals; $1983333 of a cap hit for next year and $2308333 for 2012-13 compared to Drury's $1,666,667 cap hit.

So yes for 2012-13 it's an additional $641,66 but no RFA's except Del Zotto need to be signed along with UFA Prust and a backup goalie, and then Drury's cap hit will be gone for the summer so you can sign whomever like a Sharp, Penner, etc. to play with Richards and Gaborik and move Jusi down to the 2nd line.

It's a no brainer to me. Richards and Jusi Jokinnen or Fleischman or whomever are much better than the 2012 UFA class: http://www.capgeek.com/free_agents.p...1&fa_type_id=2

and remember that by 2012 at least two-three of Grachev/Hagelin/Kreider/Thomas/Lindberg/Fasth/Yogan/Wilson/ and even 2011 draftees should aim for a crack at a roster spot.
Wow, sounds like you've got the whole cap and free agent thing figured out. Nice work except for one thing-why are we jumping thru flaming hoops to create enough cap space in order to sign some more overrated and potentially underperforming free agents?
We are going into the expiration of the current cba, do we really want to tie up 7-8 mil per on brad richards who's been playing in the west the past 3+ yrs, is 31 and is coming off a concussion? Last time I remember him playing in the east, he stunk it up for the 2 yrs following their cup win and the bolts were only too happy to dump him on dallas.
Fruit juicy jokinen? Not a bad player but not someone I would looke to overpay? Fleishman? Same deal, let him stay in colorado where his game appears to be better suited.
In so far as 2012 goes, why would you want any part of dustin penner who was horrendous with the kings after he got moved there from the oilers. Check please!!!

Glen Teflon Sather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2011, 10:13 PM
Glen Teflon Sather
Like A Boss

Quote:

How exactly would chris drury *****'s us over here? Is it his fault he ended up with a bloated contract from that noted free agent guru glen(I'm still hangin on to gretz's coattails) savior? All he did was lay it on the line night after night until the injuries mounted up and he could no longer play? I say he should get what's coming to him on his contract no matter how it compromises our ability to "overspend" once again in free agency. A real blessing in disguise, don't you think??

Old
06-17-2011, 10:36 PM
satrabyk

GOOD! i hope Drury makes it as hard as possible for the big headed idiot Sather. Serves him right.

satrabyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2011, 10:48 PM
Glen Teflon Sather
Like A Boss

Quote:
Originally Posted by satrabyk View Post
GOOD! i hope Drury makes it as hard as possible for the big headed idiot Sather. Serves him right.
Right on partner!!

Old
06-17-2011, 10:51 PM
savebyrichter35

Quote:
Originally Posted by satrabyk View Post
What a stupid thing to say. So you wanna just cut your nose to spite your face? Yea, I don't care that this could potentially affect the offseason plans and would likely prevent us from adding any more depth after Richards (assuming he signs), thus preventing us from taking the next step to truly competing, just as long as we stick it to Sather!

savebyrichter35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2011, 10:58 PM
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash

Quote:
Originally Posted by savebyrichter35 View Post
What a stupid thing to say. So you wanna just cut your nose to spite your face? Yea, I don't care that this could potentially affect the offseason plans and would likely prevent us from adding any more depth after Richards (assuming he signs), thus preventing us from taking the next step to truly competing, just as long as we stick it to Sather!
These are the people who don't want us to sign Richards.

Old
06-17-2011, 11:17 PM
TrollololBoyle

Does anyone know when Drury's physical is? The sooner, the better.

TrollololBoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2011, 11:18 PM
White Plains Batman
Faceoffs? Faceoffs!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4th Line Grinder View Post
Wow, sounds like you've got the whole cap and free agent thing figured out. Nice work except for one thing-why are we jumping thru flaming hoops to create enough cap space in order to sign some more overrated and potentially underperforming free agents?
We are going into the expiration of the current cba, do we really want to tie up 7-8 mil per on brad richards who's been playing in the west the past 3+ yrs, is 31 and is coming off a concussion? Last time I remember him playing in the east, he stunk it up for the 2 yrs following their cup win and the bolts were only too happy to dump him on dallas.
Fruit juicy jokinen? Not a bad player but not someone I would looke to overpay? Fleishman? Same deal, let him stay in colorado where his game appears to be better suited.
In so far as 2012 goes, why would you want any part of dustin penner who was horrendous with the kings after he got moved there from the oilers. Check please!!!
Richards would be good here, maybe not great but good. As for Jusi Jokinnen; he's underrated.

Fleischman, Laich, Joel Ward, Simon Gagne, etc. would be consolation prizes.

The way I see it, get Richards here for Gabby, but they need a 3rd partner and it can't automatically be Dubi. Let The Pack Line stay together.

Who would be that 3rd guy? Prospal? Too old and gonna break down. Wolski? I'm fine with it if y'all are fine with it. MZA? Maybe.
Jagr? He's a RW and too old for first line minutes.

As for 2012, Sharp is always an option as hopefully two of the Fasth/Kreider/Thomas/Lindberg/Yogan/Wilson/2012 Draftees is ready to go.

This team needs two top 9 forwards who will help improve the goal total by 45-60 and then they're in business.

My roster:
Jokinnen-Richards-Gaborik
Dubi-Artie-Cally
MZA-Stepan-Hagelin
Prust-Boyle-Feds/Weise/Grachev/Wilson/Borque/etc.

Staal-Girardi
Saeur-McD
Erixon-MDZ/Valentenko/Kundratek/Pashnin etc.
Cheap Vet 7th

Henrik
Biron

With Drury's cap hit and Redden off the books after September 15th, the Rangers can then swing a deadline deal and bring in either another Dman or an expiring contract to play 3rd line and PP.

White Plains Batman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2011, 11:20 PM
Glen Teflon Sather
Like A Boss

Quote:
These are the people who don't want us to sign Richards.
Right on dude. Dru deserves to get every stinkin dollar of dolan's money in a way that will hamstring savior's ability to overspend! U hit the nail on the head! I'm one of the gans that doesn't believe for one second that brad richards is the "cure all" for what ails the rangers. He's just another player coming off a concussion, on the north side of age 30, with a soft game who has been playing in the less physically demanding west for the past 3+ yrs. Yep, just another player looking to hit a grand slam at out expense and plave us in cap hell in a time of cba uncertainty going forward-sounds like a wonderful idea to me!
Look, I'm all for improving the team but there are no quick fixes and all our needs will not be addressed by just signing one productive but not "elite" player.

Old
06-17-2011, 11:23 PM
3Four3

Quote:
Originally Posted by DatsyukSOGoal View Post
Does anyone know when Drury's physical is? The sooner, the better.
I can't answer that but from the looks of things, certain people wouldn't mind giving him a colonoscopy right about now.

3Four3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2011, 11:29 PM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

Awards:
Quote:
Richards would be good here, maybe not great but good. As for Jusi Jokinnen; he's underrated.

The way I see it, get Richards here for Gabby, but they need a 3rd partner and it can't automatically be Dubi. Let The Pack Line stay together.

Who would be that 3rd guy? Prospal? Too old and gonna break down. Wolski? I'm fine with it if y'all are fine with it. MZA? Maybe.

As for 2012, Sharp is always an option as hopefully two of the Fasth/Kreider/Thomas/Lindberg/Yogan/Wilson/2012 Draftees is ready to go.

This team needs two top 9 forwards who will help improve the goal total by 45-60 and then they're in business.

My roster:
Dubi-Artie-Cally
MZA-Stepan-Hagelin

Staal-Girardi
Saeur-McD
Cheap Vet 7th

Henrik
Biron

With Drury's cap hit and Redden off the books after September 15th, the Rangers can then swing a deadline deal and bring in either another Dman or an expiring contract to play 3rd line and PP.
For the money and years Richards is going to get, he needs to be better than good.

If we scored 40 more goals last season, we would have led the league. 60 and we would have blown everyone else out of the water. Temper your hopes a bit!

It's just pain.
nyr2k2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2011, 11:35 PM
3Four3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emma Royd View Post
For the money and years Richards is going to get, he needs to be better than good.

If we scored 40 more goals last season, we would have led the league. 60 and we would have blown everyone else out of the water. Temper your hopes a bit!
Goals scored in a season are deceiving. If they truly were indicative of something, the Rangers wouldn't have been fighting for the 8th spot up until the last game played...by the other team (Hurricanes).

I'd rather they score 20 goals less next season but at least have consistency on offense: Adios touchdown games and struggling to put more than 1 puck behind the net, shootouts included, in others.

3Four3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2011, 11:44 PM
Glen Teflon Sather
Like A Boss

Quote:

My roster:
Dubi-Artie-Cally
MZA-Stepan-Hagelin

Staal-Girardi
Saeur-McD
Cheap Vet 7th

Henrik
Biron

Boy, such an ambitious agenda but one problem! The lines you came up with suck! The only good line here would be the defacto first line from last year and they would do just fine as a second line(cally, duby and anni); that first line you came up with is softer than a bundle of marcal tissue paper. A first line like the bruins have would run those guys right off the ice! D-step is fine as a 3rd center, he just needs to improve his skating and physicality-but he would need a legit finisher in order to make the most of his passing skills(perhaps kreider could eventually be that guy along with grachev)however, I don't see mza ever being that guy and I also don't see hagelin as a 3rd line player just yet, give him some time.
For the 4th line, I would consider signing halpern who is a good all around player and can be had on the cheap or boulton who's tough as nails and can actually play some hockey which is something our last 3 enforcers couldn't do at all!

I would not sign fruit juicy and you already know that I wouldn't sign brad richards either!

Old
06-18-2011, 12:15 AM
Hockify

Quote:
Originally Posted by savebyrichter35 View Post
No it's not stupid. It's not negative against the team either. It's not even sticking it to him. It's saying maybe Sather not being able to throw piles of money at Richards and other players could wind up being better for the team in the end than signing who you (and plenty of others) think is the answer to everything (Richards etc). Some of us are alot less impressed with him and the other available free agents than you obviously are. You think throwing big money at UFA's is the key, some of us think that will wind up giving the Rangers another player overpaid or with an injury or in a few years declining and be another cap problem waiting to happen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4th Line Grinder View Post
Right on dude. Dru deserves to get every stinkin dollar of dolan's money in a way that will hamstring savior's ability to overspend! U hit the nail on the head! I'm one of the gans that doesn't believe for one second that brad richards is the "cure all" for what ails the rangers. He's just another player coming off a concussion, on the north side of age 30, with a soft game who has been playing in the less physically demanding west for the past 3+ yrs. Yep, just another player looking to hit a grand slam at out expense and plave us in cap hell in a time of cba uncertainty going forward-sounds like a wonderful idea to me!
Look, I'm all for improving the team but there are no quick fixes and all our needs will not be addressed by just signing one productive but not "elite" player.

Last edited by Hockify: 06-18-2011 at 12:22 AM.
Hockify is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2011, 01:37 AM
Inferno
HFB Partner

i think ppl are confused with how the insurance works.

As I understand it, this is how it would work:
If Drury has a career ending injury and retires, he gets NOTHING. The Rangers don't have to pay him, its just, career over.

If Drury has a career ending injury and doesn't retire. The Rangers have to pay him his full salary of 5 million dollars, and they will get back about 90% of that money from the insurance company.

Its in Drurys best interest to stay on the roster. Though thats seriously screwing the Rangers.

Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2011, 01:52 AM
Kane One
Global Moderator
🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨

vCash: 3075
Can a team place a player on the LTIR during the off-season or do we have to wait until training camp starts to place Drury on the LTIR?

06-18-2011, 02:17 AM
Bird Law
Daisy's back.

Send a message via AIM to Bird Law
Quote:
Originally Posted by New York RKY View Post
No you can't go and loot the place
We aren't Vancouver fans.

Bird Law is offline   Reply With Quote