HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Video about David Desharnais at l'Antichambre

Old
06-08-2011, 11:36 PM
Asamu

vCash: 500
Video about David Desharnais at l'Antichambre

Enjoy the English SUB. It's always a pleasure! Desharnais talks about his season 2010-2011 and his hockey career before he reached the NHL.

Here is part 1

Here is part 2 Please share your thoughts if you have any!
__________________________________________________ ____________________

You can also watch Mathieu Darche's interview and post comment if you have any on this thread

Last edited by Asamu: 06-19-2011 at 09:58 AM.
Asamu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2011, 12:09 AM
FlyingKostitsyn

Interesting. I like the fact that he's more comfortable with the idea of playing wing now that he's tried it in the POs.

Anyways he's a keeper, I don't know why people keep wanted to replace him.

FlyingKostitsyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2011, 12:36 AM
OneSharpMarble

He has drive which a lot of our players have been missing. He is a keeper, maybe some of that heart will wear off.

OneSharpMarble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2011, 12:37 AM
DekeLikeYouMeanIt
Ohhhh you mad

So he didn't wanna play wing, but he was talked into it.. interesting.

DekeLikeYouMeanIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2011, 12:52 AM
FlyingKostitsyn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsolument90 View Post
So he didn't wanna play wing, but he was talked into it.. interesting.
I think he'd do well on Eller's wing on the third line, with AK maybe if we acquire a top6 forward. That would be a well balanced and talented line.

Its too bad our current top2 lines are full of midgets since he could play top6 as soon as next year imho.

FlyingKostitsyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2011, 01:52 AM
TheBuriedHab

Love this guy. I was worried about how he would do in the playoffs with his small stature, but he was a spark on the gomez line when he got the chance to play. He adds a lot of skill to our bottom 6 for now.

TheBuriedHab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2011, 02:45 AM
MasterDecoy
Carlos Danger

vCash: 1707
now i love the kid even more <3

MasterDecoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2011, 08:16 AM
otto bond

The talent is there.....not dought. I like him alot but like most, I fear that his size is gonna be a factor.....well he is proving us wrong and hope his body can take it.

otto bond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2011, 12:19 PM
Joe Cole

The only reason to sacrifice this guy in a trade is that we have too many players which have the same profile.

On occassion, this guy was great. With the experience he gained, hopefully he can become a factor more consistently. But with the Habs roster as it stands... the Habs need guys with other characteristics more than they need a small, offensive foward.

Joe Cole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2011, 11:03 AM
giovannicanella

Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asamu View Post
Enjoy the English SUB. It's always a pleasure! Desharnais talks about his season 2010-2011 and his hockey career before he reached the NHL.

Here is the part 1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=htJ1xmCxulE

Part 2 will be uploaded soon. Please share your thoughts if you have any!
__________________________________________________ ____________________

You can also watch Mathieu Darche's interview and post comment if you have any on this thread: http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=916430
Thanks for the upload, can't wait for part 2!

I am a fan of DD, love his career and success...good for him, good for us, love his drive and passion...and skills...really hope we sign him soon!!! DD sign with us svp!!!

giovannicanella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2011, 11:44 AM
bcv
My french sucks.

Nice to see he's doesn't playing the wing, as that's where he needs to be next year. I like him, but there is no way Eller plays wing and DD isn't a good 4th line center.

bcv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2011, 11:54 AM
Bullsmith

This kid is the real deal. Due to his frame, he's always going to have to be used carefully to succeed, but he's got so many assets it's well worth doing what's necessary to create a role for him. He's got heart, drive, hands, vision and an incredible work ethic. Above all he's shown he is able to learn and constantly improve. Personally he's one of my favorites. I think there's an opportunity for him to become a legitimate first unit PP player. I hope he gets that chance.

Bullsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2011, 12:41 PM
Kimota
Nation of Poutine

I was pretty impressed by him in the playoffs he was one of our best players on the ice. He's ready for the big jump and at least take the second centerman position.

Kimota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2011, 01:48 PM
Belso

I've always liked him.. I was rutting for him since he was playing in the ECHL. I hope he lands a top 6 spot with Montreal one day but more importantly for him, on any team.

Let's hope the Habs find a way to make room for him on the team despite his size...

Belso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2011, 02:00 PM
bcv
My french sucks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimota View Post
I was pretty impressed by him in the playoffs he was one of our best players on the ice. He's ready for the big jump and at least take the second centerman position.
That's the perfect exemple of over expecting.. atleast 2nd line center? Are you serious? He isn't able to handle top6 minutes and he'll get expose defensively.

I like the kid, but imo he won't ever be a top6 center, maybe as a winger though. IMO, he'll be an elite 3rd line center that will provide 40-50pts while playing PP. In todays NHL, that's very important as you now need a top9 and not only a top6.

Last edited by bcv: 06-19-2011 at 01:16 PM.
Old
06-11-2011, 02:48 PM
Madam Kadri
Fight, Troll, Score

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcv View Post
That's the perfect exemple of over expecting.. atleast 2nd line center? Are you serious? He isn't able to handle top6 minutes and he'll get expose defensively.

I like the kid, but imo he won't ever be a top6 center, maybe as a winger though. IMO, he'll be an elite 3rd line center that will provide 40-50pts while playing PP. In todays NHL, that's very important as you now need a top9 and not only a top6.
How can anyone determine that he can't handle top 6 minutes? The coaching staff wanted to slowly bring him along rather than throw him to the wolves. Not to mention that Pleks and Gomez had a lock on the top 2 center positions on the team anyway.

Madam Kadri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2011, 02:55 PM
One Man Rock Band
Slater's Gonna Slate

Quote:

We have ... SCOTT FREAKING GOMEZ as our 2nd line centre. It's not hard to replace him. If Desharnais got exposed defensively, how much worse could it be than -205802585725772?

Anyway, I hope we sign either Jagr or Laich for the top-6 so that Desharnais can slot in on line #3 with Kostitsyn & Eller. That would be the most ridiculous 3rd line.

Keep doubting him though, thats what he wants. That's what his fans want. The kid is filled with heart and determination, but when people doubt him I think he drives him that much more.

One Man Rock Band is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2011, 02:57 PM
bcv
My french sucks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blame it on PK View Post
How can anyone determine that he can't handle top 6 minutes? The coaching staff wanted to slowly bring him along rather than throw him to the wolves. Not to mention that Pleks and Gomez had a lock on the top 2 center positions on the team anyway.
I can determine it by what I saw last year. If you didn't notice, DD ice time was lower when they were playing on the road, because other teams coach would put his top line against DD and they were dominating him.

Old
06-11-2011, 03:03 PM
One Man Rock Band
Slater's Gonna Slate

Quote:
I can determine it by what I saw last year. If you didn't notice, DD ice time was lower when they were playing on the road, because other teams coach would put his top line against DD and they were dominating him.
Seriously?

You're making that much fuss over like 23 seconds per game?

Not to mention, he played almost 2 minutes more per game on the road in the playoffs.

Anything else?

Road:
21 GP, 14 PTS, -2.

Home:
22 GP, 8 PTS, -1

Looks like he was more productive on the road to me (not that it matters much for a rookie).

One Man Rock Band is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2011, 09:57 AM
Asamu

Part 2 is up, have fun! Don't forget to watch part 1 if you missed it!

Asamu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2011, 12:36 PM
Clumsyhab

Desharnais - Eller - Kostitsyn could be the best 3rd line (if Jagr signs here) since the Smurfs line (Petrov - Koivu - Bure).

Clumsyhab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2011, 01:11 PM
bcv
My french sucks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by natey2k4 View Post
Seriously?

You're making that much fuss over like 23 seconds per game?

Not to mention, he played almost 2 minutes more per game on the road in the playoffs.

Anything else?

Road:
21 GP, 14 PTS, -2.

Home:
22 GP, 8 PTS, -1

Looks like he was more productive on the road to me (not that it matters much for a rookie).
Yes, cause stats means everything.. Perhaps he is better than I think he is defensively, but he is nowhere near the level you make him to be. You've been pimping him for 3 years now. I said it before, and I'll say it again, I WANT Desharnais to explode and become a very good top6 offensive threat, but he is not ready. Neither is Eller, btw.

Also, Gomez is miles and miles away in front of DD in term of defense..

Last edited by bcv: 06-19-2011 at 01:18 PM.