Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2

*OFFICIAL* Sudbury Wolves 2011-12 Season Thread

Old
04-08-2012, 02:56 AM
ktownhockey

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gensfan9 View Post
I don't know sudbury fans. I'm a hometown hockey fan but i have to be honest. The Gthl was head and shoulders the superior league as teams who didnt even make the playoffs beat omha-eta teams and there was undrafted kids who are really good. You didn't even draft one kid from the G??? Don't get that. Cummins is a big kid but doesn't play like a big kid. I'm cheering for him tho and will be following. You past on Diperna who has a pro shot, better defensively; i just don't get it.
Vilardi is a scorer and a quality player. He needs to work on his strength to be able to battle in the dirty area in order to produce in the O. Eccles is a tough D who competes well and will be liked in your barn. What's with all the north kids??
You are correct

ktownhockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2012, 03:10 AM
Gensfan9

Quote:
Originally Posted by ktownhockey View Post
Cummins went early.. as did Macintyre OHL Cup gets alot of people drafted earlier, always does. Eccles is one of those guys who may end up being a favourite in Sudbury. Di Perna is better (maybe didnt want to report). As for Vilardi, you hit the nail on the head.
Ya, I've seen your boy Vilardi play enough to know what he needs to improve on. These are 15-16 year old kids so they all have flaws. I'm so happy for the Eta as yse and whitby combined for 18-19 players selected. Let's be honest ktown; this loop is not that strong and their tournament play showed that. Judging their compete level vs lessor talented players, I just don't know. When the player of the year (coric) goes in the 5th round??? How come nobody has brought this up? Vilardi went when he should have, as did Brown and Spinozzi. Cummins and McIntyre; a little early.

Gensfan9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2012, 08:46 AM
Hockeyfriend

Now that the OHL draft day is behind us we can all speculate on how well Sudbury did, but more curious now about what they have left. For example, the '92s which are still rostered. We have 7. One, will 99.9% be playing pro next year (Sgarbossa), but we still have both goalies, Dodero, Haines, Schoenmakers and Kantor. We need to be down to no more than 4 for start of season (3 by January). Any speculations on who they will keep along with defence pairings and line combinations. I am curious about the d because McFadden is gone and the offense is lacking from the back end going into next season.

Any speculations on others being traded over summer to possibly bring in kids who want to be here?

Hockeyfriend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2012, 09:18 AM
Arsenault

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockeyfriend View Post
Now that the OHL draft day is behind us we can all speculate on how well Sudbury did, but more curious now about what they have left. For example, the '92s which are still rostered. We have 7. One, will 99.9% be playing pro next year (Sgarbossa), but we still have both goalies, Dodero, Haines, Schoenmakers and Kantor. We need to be down to no more than 4 for start of season (3 by January). Any speculations on who they will keep along with defence pairings and line combinations. I am curious about the d because McFadden is gone and the offense is lacking from the back end going into next season.

Any speculations on others being traded over summer to possibly bring in kids who want to be here?
Both Cummings and Leblanc could be your answer. LeBlanc due to size might be a year away, but you never know, very smart and effective two way D. Cummings could step up and play an offensive role immediately but will have to work on his defensive games. Eccles might still be a year away, but size may sneak him in line up, he will play a shut down role. Out of the 3 d's Cummings is the most OHL ready, Eccles could become a strong stay at home type defenseman and Leblanc likely most longterm upside.

Arsenault is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2012, 06:11 AM
Loosie

Quote:

Mattsson won't be back, he will be in Rockford (or whatever Chicago's AHL affiliate is)

I suspect Vienneau, Dodero and Schoenmakers to be next year's OAs

Loosie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2012, 07:51 AM
Hockeyfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loosie View Post
Mattsson won't be back, he will be in Rockford (or whatever Chicago's AHL affiliate is)

I suspect Vienneau, Dodero and Schoenmakers to be next year's OAs
Many questions going into next season. You lose 70-80 goals in Sgarbossa and Kuchin alone. Do you go with a 4th OA to start the season and make the trade at the January deadline to get down to the 3. Just thinking that maybe they need that presence of a 4th OA (Kantor, maybe?).

Good teams have an identity. With goals coming at a premium next season what kind of team will they put on the ice? A defensive team? A run and gun, like this past season. I would assume that Leivo will play with Campagna. Is Campagna the right center for Leivo? Assume Pancel would be penciled in on the 1st line. 2nd and 3rd line is a crap shoot...any suggestions?

Defence - they pick a 1st rounder to help. So, Corrado, Sefton, Dodero, Cummins, Corbett, Braid and 7th would be DeHann if he does sign (see B.S. is still working on it).

Goalies - Vienneau and Corbin (young goalie needed to carry this team starting enxt season)

Old
04-09-2012, 05:18 PM
Loosie

Quote:
Many questions going into next season. You lose 70-80 goals in Sgarbossa and Kuchin alone. Do you go with a 4th OA to start the season and make the trade at the January deadline to get down to the 3. Just thinking that maybe they need that presence of a 4th OA (Kantor, maybe?).

Good teams have an identity. With goals coming at a premium next season what kind of team will they put on the ice? A defensive team? A run and gun, like this past season. I would assume that Leivo will play with Campagna. Is Campagna the right center for Leivo? Assume Pancel would be penciled in on the 1st line. 2nd and 3rd line is a crap shoot...any suggestions?

Defence - they pick a 1st rounder to help. So, Corrado, Sefton, Dodero, Cummins, Corbett, Braid and 7th would be DeHann if he does sign (see B.S. is still working on it).

Goalies - Vienneau and Corbin (young goalie needed to carry this team starting enxt season)
If they go with 4 OA's I would definetly see Kantor as the 4th, I don't Hanes coming back next season.

Pancell being on the first is a good guess given how well he played with the increased ice time during all the injuries.

Desorches, and Baptiste on the 2nd line with Schoenmakers? But I'm not too sure about if the positions work or not.

Poulin-Roy will probably see some more time too maybe.

The defence should be fine as most of their d-men are returning.

Vienneau showed some flashes of being a good goalie, but it seems like Cull preferred Mattsson due to his draft status. I like the idea of the Veinneau/Corbin pairing, or even Alex Laino, I don't like our chance is they gamble on a Corbin/Laino pairing.

Loosie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2012, 06:16 PM
Hockeyfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loosie View Post
If they go with 4 OA's I would definetly see Kantor as the 4th, I don't Hanes coming back next season.

Pancell being on the first is a good guess given how well he played with the increased ice time during all the injuries.

Desorches, and Baptiste on the 2nd line with Schoenmakers? But I'm not too sure about if the positions work or not.

Poulin-Roy will probably see some more time too maybe.

The defence should be fine as most of their d-men are returning.

Vienneau showed some flashes of being a good goalie, but it seems like Cull preferred Mattsson due to his draft status. I like the idea of the Veinneau/Corbin pairing, or even Alex Laino, I don't like our chance is they gamble on a Corbin/Laino pairing.
I see first line as outlined. Gave it some thought and believe 2nd will be Harris with Baptiste and Schoenmakers. 3rd will be Deroaches with Silk and possibly Poulin-Roy. However could see Pancel on 2nd line in favor of Baptiste on 1st.

Baptiste, however, needs a center who will move the puck to him to utilize his speed. Campagna is not that guy. Harris always head mans the puck.

Could see a line of Harris, Baptiste and Silk. They have a puck mover and strong defensive center in Harris with grit and scoring touch in Silk coupled with speed and scoring in Baptiste.

Desroachers will be good in 3rd line with a possible Schoemakers and Poulin-Roy. However you cut it these 9 will be the go to guys.

Old
04-15-2012, 11:41 AM
Hockeyfriend

Imprt Draft

What is Sudbury's current pick for the CHL Import draft?

Also, on that basis and how team will look next season, what do they go for?

Old
04-15-2012, 01:44 PM
Hockeyfriend

Received a text from a friend who is local to the Hot Stove of Elgin Street.

Still could be a RUMOR. Heard that two players may not return from last years team. Would not say who but said a 1st year player from last season (Pancel, Corbett, Baptiste or Harris) and a second year player from last season (Campagna, Silk, Schutt). From what was gathered, just not returning and no reason given.

Hate to see this happen and would not want to speculate but if true could see a Corbett (all the injuries) or Harris (did not get played) for 1st year kids...possibly Schutt for second year (was in draft year and was a healthy scratch quite often around Christmas).

Wonder if this has anything to do with Burgess coming on and them being pushed further downward?

Any truth to this?