HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > Canadian Junior Hockey > OHL
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2

*OFFICIAL* Sudbury Wolves 2011-12 Season Thread

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-02-2012, 09:47 PM
  #101
Mitts McCann
Registered User
 
Mitts McCann's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,409
vCash: 500
Can any of you tell me how Carrado has done so far? I've watched two games and both times he seemed like the best defenseman on the ice.

Mitts McCann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2012, 09:50 PM
  #102
chewerjones
Registered User
 
chewerjones's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 1,594
vCash: 500
Their steadiest Dman this year, but he needs to pick up his Offensive game, given that McFadden has not progressed from last year.

chewerjones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2012, 12:51 PM
  #103
kenadian
Registered User
 
kenadian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Country: Canada
Posts: 181
vCash: 500
http://www.ontariohockeyleague.com/roster/show/id/1572

He has picked up his offensive numbers from last year, 30 pts in 67 games -10
this year 19 pts in 33 games +21 (on pace for around 40 pts)

kenadian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2012, 04:41 AM
  #104
TheNorth
Better Call Saul
 
TheNorth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 695
vCash: 500
Friday night London is in town, we'll see how good this team really is

TheNorth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2012, 01:29 PM
  #105
Torts
Registered User
 
Torts's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,604
vCash: 500
To Sudbury:

Derek Scheonmakers
1st Round Import '13
Conditional 4th Round '13

To Mississauga:

Kristoff Kontos

What can you guys tell me about Kontos?

as for Schoenmakers, he's got a heavy shot and has a little nack for scoring big goals.

Torts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2012, 01:29 PM
  #106
TheNorth
Better Call Saul
 
TheNorth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 695
vCash: 500
Wolves trade for Derek Scheonmakers and lose Kristoff Kantos, good trade I guess if we want to accomplish anything this year

http://www.sudburywolves.com/article...ran-right-wing


AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH i got beat

TheNorth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2012, 03:25 PM
  #107
Racer14
Always Watching
 
Racer14's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Country: Canada
Posts: 621
vCash: 500
BIG things could come form Sudbury in the next few days....if they happen, Sud is making a run.

Racer14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2012, 03:36 PM
  #108
Libbs
Registered User
 
Libbs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Halifax, NS
Posts: 3,573
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Racer14 View Post
BIG things could come form Sudbury in the next few days....if they happen, Sud is making a run.
What are you hearing about the Khokhlachev rumblings?

Libbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2012, 03:47 PM
  #109
Racer14
Always Watching
 
Racer14's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Country: Canada
Posts: 621
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Libbs View Post
What are you hearing about the Khokhlachev rumblings?
stuff needs to happen before that step even gets started.

Racer14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2012, 09:04 PM
  #110
Hockeyfriend
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 557
vCash: 500
Trades

Watched tonights game vs London and the previous dozen or so and would suggest that Sudbury trade off Harris / Restoule for picks at least. They don't want to play either of them. I think both have been healthy scratched too many times to count - and even tonight don't know if either were playing again. Harris is a 16 year old but might be wise, at worse, to send him to tier 2 but think a package is what it will take to get some quick picks that they can turn it around and use to bring in a top 6.

Hockeyfriend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2012, 11:21 PM
  #111
chewerjones
Registered User
 
chewerjones's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 1,594
vCash: 500
Harris and Restoule are the least of their concerns.

Sudbury thinks they can win, and they are still far away from competing over 7 games with teams like Ottawa, and never mind the powerhouses in the west.

They have good goaltending, and solid 2 lines now. They need to refine 3rd and 4 th lines, which they can do, but when you have Schutt on your roster, thats a problem. Their defense is loose, they need some stay at home Dmen and either McFadden has to pick it up or they need to move him and pick up another puck moving Dman, which is impossible now.

They need to start picking more guys from the GTHL, rather than be loyal to northern kids, as it is clear that the level of play between the G and Northern Leagues is night and day.

chewerjones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2012, 10:23 AM
  #112
Tigers1992
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 3,364
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockeyfriend View Post
Watched tonights game vs London and the previous dozen or so and would suggest that Sudbury trade off Harris / Restoule for picks at least. They don't want to play either of them. I think both have been healthy scratched too many times to count - and even tonight don't know if either were playing again. Harris is a 16 year old but might be wise, at worse, to send him to tier 2 but think a package is what it will take to get some quick picks that they can turn it around and use to bring in a top 6.
Trading Harris is illegal. Hes a 95 and not a 1st round pick. The only 95 that the Wolves are allowed to trade is Nick Baptiste.

Tigers1992 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2012, 10:35 AM
  #113
Hockeyfriend
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 557
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigers1992 View Post
Trading Harris is illegal. Hes a 95 and not a 1st round pick. The only 95 that the Wolves are allowed to trade is Nick Baptiste.
Oh...Cull does not really play him or have him in line-up (same as Restoule). Since trades are looking more grim they will still have more than enough forwards, would it be best to send him to tier 2 to develop?

Restoule, not sure what the answer would be there. Hopefully there will be more trades happening.

Hockeyfriend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2012, 10:41 AM
  #114
Tigers1992
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 3,364
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockeyfriend View Post
Oh...Cull does not really play him or have him in line-up (same as Restoule). Since trades are looking more grim they will still have more than enough forwards, would it be best to send him to tier 2 to develop?

Restoule, not sure what the answer would be there. Hopefully there will be more trades happening.
Most top rookie's never play. Being that he is one of the top 2 playes from the draft, im 99 percent confident he cant be reassigned to Jr A. Its commonplace for players to be healthy in their rookie seasons.

Tigers1992 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2012, 11:52 AM
  #115
wings5
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,715
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigers1992 View Post
Most top rookie's never play. Being that he is one of the top 2 playes from the draft, im 99 percent confident he cant be reassigned to Jr A. Its commonplace for players to be healthy in their rookie seasons.
Pretty sure Windsor's second rounder Hunter Smith has played the majority of the year in Jr.A with Lasalle.

wings5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2012, 12:38 PM
  #116
Tigers1992
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 3,364
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by wings5 View Post
Pretty sure Windsor's second rounder Hunter Smith has played the majority of the year in Jr.A with Lasalle.
But they have two players selected ahead of him in the lineup, Maletta and Batemen, which is why I said selected, not what round.

Again, not 100 percent sure on the exact rule. I do believe you have to make efforts to sign and roster your first two selected players.

Tigers1992 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2012, 12:46 PM
  #117
Hockeyfriend
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 557
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigers1992 View Post
But they have two players selected ahead of him in the lineup, Maletta and Batemen, which is why I said selected, not what round.

Again, not 100 percent sure on the exact rule. I do believe you have to make efforts to sign and roster your first two selected players.
In Sudbury's case, with the extra bodies and BS/TC's intentions of not playing them, could they be sent to tier 2 for better development upon more playing time there?

Hockeyfriend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2012, 06:47 PM
  #118
Hockeyfriend
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 557
vCash: 500
Trade Deadline Approaching

Been a quiet day and a day off for the boys. However, is there anything in the works to have finalized by Monday or Tuesday?

Any news on one of the goalies being dealt - both are 92's? Any rumors circulating?

Hockeyfriend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2012, 07:20 PM
  #119
Hockeyfriend
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 557
vCash: 500
Trade Deadline in about 40 hours

With the Wolves having played their final game before the dealine at noon Tuesday, what direction do you think the management is going?

No further moves. Belief will not go deep into playoffs if they make it. Remember other East teams have changed which could make it difficult down the stretch.

Upgrade. Possibly one the 1992 born goalies packaged off with a few 3/4th line forward, in return for another top 6 forward. Believe this will get them into top 4, where they want to be - home ice advantage and a better chance of moving on in playoffs.

Downgrade for future. For sure a goalie as both will be OA next season. Move Mattsson for where they need help next year. Sgarbossa / Kuchin / MacDonald all but gone. Trade for 94's and mabe 93's. Could put McFadden in there as well. Need to get a PP quaterback moving forward (Windsor shopping Ebert). It is possible Leivo won't be back as well. He could make it and take an AHL contract...who knows.

Any comments/suggestions/rumors with deadline fast approaching?

Hockeyfriend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2012, 09:15 PM
  #120
TheNorth
Better Call Saul
 
TheNorth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 695
vCash: 500
We should try to get......Austin Watson

TheNorth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2012, 09:51 PM
  #121
chewerjones
Registered User
 
chewerjones's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 1,594
vCash: 500
The Wolves are in a tough position, as they dont have enough to compete for the OHL Championships, and they dont have enough studs sticking around next year to compete Spring of 2013.

Its better the devil you know, then the devil you dont.

Make a good run this year. Trade McFadden, Mattson, MacDonald, Baptiste, Harris, Schutt, and high draft picks, and go for guys like Koko in Windsor, Watson in Peterborough, Percy in Missy.

They have 2 good lines now, and need a stay at home Dman, Powerplay QB, and high end forward and if they ride on hot goaltending, they can definitely get out of East.

If they get out of East, who knows, they may get lucky playing a banged up Western champion, and may squeak by to the Mem Cup. Its a long shot, but it can happen. The west is going to be a long trip, and London, Plymouth, Sarnia are going to go to war.

OBJECTIVE- GET THE HORSES TO WIN THE EAST. THAT ISNT AS DIFFICULT AS IT SEEMS. OTTAWA AND NIAGARA ARE ONLY CONTENDERS.

chewerjones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2012, 11:12 PM
  #122
Hockeyfriend
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 557
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by chewerjones View Post
The Wolves are in a tough position, as they dont have enough to compete for the OHL Championships, and they dont have enough studs sticking around next year to compete Spring of 2013.

Its better the devil you know, then the devil you dont.

Make a good run this year. Trade McFadden, Mattson, MacDonald, Baptiste, Harris, Schutt, and high draft picks, and go for guys like Koko in Windsor, Watson in Peterborough, Percy in Missy.

They have 2 good lines now, and need a stay at home Dman, Powerplay QB, and high end forward and if they ride on hot goaltending, they can definitely get out of East.

If they get out of East, who knows, they may get lucky playing a banged up Western champion, and may squeak by to the Mem Cup. Its a long shot, but it can happen. The west is going to be a long trip, and London, Plymouth, Sarnia are going to go to war.

OBJECTIVE- GET THE HORSES TO WIN THE EAST. THAT ISNT AS DIFFICULT AS IT SEEMS. OTTAWA AND NIAGARA ARE ONLY CONTENDERS.
Asked this question before and was advised Harris cannot be traded until after season ends. All others mentioned, agree to try and trade.

To add they will need a good puck moving D. We cannot keep putting 4 forwards on the PP as we always get burned when this is done. IN playoffs that could be the game breaker.

I, however, believe it may be too late to get anything done. McFadden and MacDonald will need to go by noon today (Monday) as OA's deadline is then.

I think that someone said it earlier in another thread, Sudbury seems to enjoy staying in the middle (mediocracy)...not taking too many risks.

Hockeyfriend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2012, 08:48 AM
  #123
chewerjones
Registered User
 
chewerjones's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 1,594
vCash: 500
their Mediocracy and overzealous willingness to draft northern kids is the main reason why they cant allure or attract alot of high end GTHL talent.

The kids in the G play more intense and higher level competition during the year, and ahead of the northern kid's development at the same age. However, they seem to favour the northern kids for some reason?? I guess for Homer reasons, which I can somewhat understand.

They took one of the highest skilled kids in MM as a Young Nat- Campagna, and turned him into a 3rd liner, playing with below avg talent, and thus shattering his confidence. When he takes the puck like a hog, like Sgarbossa, he can be dangerous and electric, but when he waits for the D to pass him the puck, or for a play to develop, its not nice to watch.

chewerjones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2012, 07:11 PM
  #124
TheNorth
Better Call Saul
 
TheNorth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 695
vCash: 500
Might as well trade Sgarbossa now, with teams like Ottawa etc getting stronger, probably wont even be close now. Prepare for next season we have a pretty good base of young players might of as well get younger

TheNorth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2012, 07:31 PM
  #125
Lier X Agerate
Avs and Wolves
 
Lier X Agerate's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,274
vCash: 500
Any word on Campagna's injury? When is he going to be back from his concussion?

Lier X Agerate is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:03 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.