HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Kevin Bieksa to Anaheim?

Old
06-17-2011, 08:47 PM
AnaheimDuck9

vCash: 500
Kevin Bieksa to Anaheim?

A solid defenseman who would fit well in Anaheim's system..and he's a UFA

AnaheimDuck9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2011, 08:50 PM
Canuckfan4Life2

He's staying with the Canucks and if for any reason he left it wouldn't be to go to a team worse off then Vancouver

Canuckfan4Life2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2011, 08:51 PM
Canuckfan4Life2

@benkuzma: UFA Bieksa on extension: "There's loyalty for sure. I'm pretty optimistic that we can reach an agreement. It shouldn't be too hard to do."

@benkuzma: More Bieksa: It's a great team and a great one for a long time and you want to be a part of that. The bonus is the core guys I've grown up."

"@benkuzma: UFA Bieksa on taking less: "Everybody takes less to be play here. It's such a great organization. It's the culture. It's like Detroit."

Canuckfan4Life2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2011, 08:52 PM
PCDiesel

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnaheimDuck9 View Post
A solid defenseman who would fit well in Anaheim's system..and he's a UFA
I would love for the Ducks to make this happen, but I am pretty sure he will re-sign with Vancouver!

PCDiesel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2011, 09:04 PM
magic school bus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canuckfan4Life2 View Post
He's staying with the Canucks and if for any reason he left it wouldn't be to go to a team worse off then Vancouver
every other team in the NHL finished worse off than Vancouver.

magic school bus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2011, 09:12 PM
Duck Off
HF needs an App

Bieksa to Anaheim isn't happening. First off there are too many other teams that are willing to give him more then we would. Second, if he's going to take a discount to go somewhere it will be Vancover. Plus Murray said he didn't think we'd go after a top 4 defenseman because he planned on using his extra money to address the 3rd line. That pretty much eliminates the chances of signing arguably the most sought after defenseman available. We also already have a ton of money invested in the defense. It'd be sweet to see a Fowler-Bieksa pair, but in reality all we need is a 4/5 guy.

What's the point or this thread anyway? To say it'd be cool to see him a uniform. No offense but this probably could have been just mentioned in the offseason Ducks thread. Not much reason to make a thread about it on the main board.

Duck Off is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2011, 09:17 PM
deckercky

Getzlaf+

deckercky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Hampe
The Hampster

No thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by deckercky View Post
Getzlaf+

Hampe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
JohnnyDuck93

I think if he doesnt sign with van we're his second option for sure, I could see him leaving.
Van will not be the same team next year that it was this year.

JohnnyDuck93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2011, 09:22 PM
Hampe
The Hampster

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyDuck93 View Post
I think if he doesnt sign with van we're his second option for sure, I could see him leaving.
I seriously doubt he's going anywhere. Even if he did, I don't see how he'd fit into our lineup. There's other things we need to focus on this offseason.

Hampe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2011, 09:25 PM
Bourne Endeavor
HFBoards: Night's Watch

Quote:
Really, and what makes you believe that? Outside of Ehrhoff and Bieska, we have our entire core group signed for next season and are extremely likely to resign both the aforementioned two. This, in addition to retaining Lapierre and Higgins. I fail to see why Vancouver would be any different than an elite contender, which is exactly what they were this year.

Bourne Endeavor is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2011, 09:35 PM
Winroba
Keep Calm, Kassi On

Quote:
Why would ANA be his second choice?

Edit:

He grew up cheering for Sharks/Leafs and I think both of those teams could use him, if he's going for a team just to get a huge payout then there's teams like the Panthers and if he wants to go to a team where he can play a huge role there's a team like the Blue Jackets.

I really don't think the Ducks would be BXA's 2nd choice. Why would he go from a cup contender to a bubble playoff team?

Last edited by Winroba: 06-17-2011 at 09:49 PM.
Winroba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2011, 09:35 PM
Phion Keneuf
Top Dawg Ent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by deckercky View Post
Getzlaf+

Phion Keneuf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2011, 09:54 PM
My Sweet Shadow

Sounds like Bieksa wants to stay and he was easily the Canucks best defenseman in the playoffs, so there's no way Gillis lets him walk. Ehrhoff, Alberts, Salo, Higgins, and Torres will be cut loose before him.

My Sweet Shadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2011, 10:05 PM
PCDiesel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winroba View Post
Why would ANA be his second choice?

Edit:

He grew up cheering for Sharks/Leafs and I think both of those teams could use him, if he's going for a team just to get a huge payout then there's teams like the Panthers and if he wants to go to a team where he can play a huge role there's a team like the Blue Jackets.

I really don't think the Ducks would be BXA's 2nd choice. Why would he go from a cup contender to a bubble playoff team?
Well Anaheim has one Stanley Cup and Vancouver has how many? cough cough... Anaheim is a solid team, but needs a lot of improvement to get back to their 2006-2007 status. Vancouver needs to work out a few kinks, but they are still in the chase next year.

Old
06-17-2011, 10:26 PM
Winroba
Keep Calm, Kassi On

Quote:
Originally Posted by PCDiesel View Post
Well Anaheim has one Stanley Cup and Vancouver has how many? cough cough... Anaheim is a solid team, but needs a lot of improvement to get back to their 2006-2007 status. Vancouver needs to work out a few kinks, but they are still in the chase next year.
Why would Bieksa care if they won a cup 5 years ago? He wasn't there for that. If we're playing that game, he'll sign with Montreal for league minimum. If you want a cup would you stay with your team who just won the presidents trophy and made it to game 7 of the SCF?

It makes way more sense than leaving for a team who won a cup 5 years ago but last year barely made the playoffs and got scored against 22 times over 6 games by the offensively anemic Nashville Predators.

Old
06-17-2011, 10:32 PM
JohnnyDuck93

If any of you know the history of Kevin Bieksa which Im sure you all have a great knowledge of you'd know that the person who really got Bieksa to the point he's at development wise was Randy Carlyle, the coach of the Anaheim Ducks. Kevin Knows carlyle's system because he played for him in Manitoba.

@Ryan Getzlaf: WHAT PLAYOFFS WERE YOU WATCHING!!! it didnt hit you we need to be more physical? it didnt hit you we need a consistent, well rounded, right handed Dman for Cam? it did hit you we need shut down D in general? seriously what were you watching.

I just think the pressure is going to be their for the Nucks to be as good as they were this year, and based on this past series its safe to say you guys aren't the greatest when it comes to pressured situations. Your goalie is incapable of carrying a team to a cup and your forwards only registered 8 goals throughout the final round which is a recipe for disaster, and it amazes me you guys went to game seven. Its a real shame too i wanted you guys to go in and get the job done, I really did. The Nucks are my second favorite team and your city is my dream residence so i'm bummed. But these teams only have a window for so long I just dont see it being AS wide open.

Trust me we're a contender we have a goalie that can get the job done, an extremely young, experienced, and talented core, and based on my calculations with a few additions here and there, you better watch out

Old
06-17-2011, 10:36 PM
Unholy
waifu

Man this guy is as stubborn as Sean.. it's not happening.

Unholy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2011, 10:39 PM
RandV
It's a wolf v2.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duckstudd269 View Post
Bieksa to Anaheim isn't happening. First off there are too many other teams that are willing to give him more then we would. Second, if he's going to take a discount to go somewhere it will be Vancover. Plus Murray said he didn't think we'd go after a top 4 defenseman because he planned on using his extra money to address the 3rd line. That pretty much eliminates the chances of signing arguably the most sought after defenseman available. We also already have a ton of money invested in the defense. It'd be sweet to see a Fowler-Bieksa pair, but in reality all we need is a 4/5 guy.

What's the point or this thread anyway? To say it'd be cool to see him a uniform. No offense but this probably could have been just mentioned in the offseason Ducks thread. Not much reason to make a thread about it on the main board.
Hah, Fowler-Bieksa would probably be a disaster! I'm not sure exactly why but Bieksa works best when he's got a solid stay at home guy like Willie Mitchell or Dan Hamhuis beside him. With an anchor like that he plays great, take it away and he starts to struggle. Make him be the guy that's supposed to be the defensively responsible one for a pure offensive dman... yeah that might not be pretty.

RandV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2011, 10:41 PM
Kaen

Quote:
Why would Bieksa care if they won a cup 5 years ago? He wasn't there for that. If we're playing that game, he'll sign with Montreal for league minimum. If you want a cup would you stay with your team who just won the presidents trophy and made it to game 7 of the SCF?

It makes way more sense than leaving for a team who won a cup 5 years ago but last year barely made the playoffs and got scored against 22 times over 6 games by the offensively anemic Nashville Predators.
I don't think Bieksa is likely to sign in Anaheim, but they didn't barely make the playoffs, they had home ice advantage. By that logic only three western teams didn't barely make it. As for the goals against, Hiller was out the entire series and they're an offense first team. While 22 is a little high, it's not ridiculous.

Kaen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2011, 10:41 PM
PCDiesel

Quote:

Bieksa isn't going anywhere imho. I'm just saying that Anaheim has the offense up front, but is lacking on defense where Bieksa could play a major vital role. With our goalie problems "Hiller's injury" we need as much defense as possible.

I'm sure the Canucks will hammer out a contract with Kevin, it is in both their best interest. However, I would love to see him in an Anaheim sweater!

Old
06-17-2011, 10:43 PM
JohnnyDuck93

Im just saying if he doesnt sign with van which i know is unlikely, I just think he would be in a ducks jersey. All I did was display my opinions, no one is jamming them down your throats its simply take them or leave them. Also I know Murray would want him because he really wanted him last summer.

Old
06-17-2011, 10:46 PM
Unholy
waifu

Only defenseman we would need is someone reliable to play with Fowler. That is not Bieksa. Plus Murray probably wants to see how Sutton bounces back.

Unholy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2011, 10:49 PM
JohnnyDuck93

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sevenfold View Post
Only defenseman we would need is someone reliable to play with Fowler. That is not Bieksa. Plus Murray probably wants to see how Sutton bounces back.
I dont even think sutton going to have the opportunity, He will be gone by next season and if hes not I highly doubt he will be wear the orange black and gold for long.

Old
06-17-2011, 10:51 PM
Winroba
Keep Calm, Kassi On

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaen View Post
I don't think Bieksa is likely to sign in Anaheim, but they didn't barely make the playoffs, they had home ice advantage. By that logic only three western teams didn't barely make it. As for the goals against, Hiller was out the entire series and they're an offense first team. While 22 is a little high, it's not ridiculous.
You're right, I thought they were 5th so I take that back but it was still only 2 points out of 8th. That being said, they only made it because Perry decided he wanted to play in the playoffs so he dragged them there kicking and screaming.

22 is fairly high considering it's Nashville and they scored half that in the next series.